Old 09-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #1  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Question Need your opinions and help

So hubby and I are planning a trip to Wal-mart. I can sympathize with those who do not have a local Wally world. Our closest is 40 miles a way. So when we go, we make 1 trip per month! I love living in the boondocks! lol

I will be starting a new job soon. I am a licensed teacher working as a paraprofessional this school year. My eating plan consists of 6 small meals a day of 300 calories or less. However, I would like to stay between 1500-1700 with a good portion of calories for dinner.

Here is where you guys come in. Can you help me to plan my meals and a shopping list? I had in mind apple slices, yogurt with granola, and a small portion of leftovers or a sandwich for lunch. I am also considering cheese cubes, 100 calorie packs, and granola bars. Am i missing anything? How do you guys feel about 100 calorie packs? Oh and I always have water. It is all I drink.

So what do you think? Am I on the right track? Are there any other foods you guys like to snack on that I could add to my lunchbox? THANKS!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #2  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Try low carb tortillas to make wraps. I also always have a packet of lipton chicken noodle soup (45 calories) in my purse in case of an "emergency". I'm a huge fan of salads and lots of veggies, but I suppose if you only stock up once a month they won't last that long in your fridge. I love lean cuisine, it makes lunch super easy for me. I like the 100 calorie packs, but I don't like paying extra to have them dole out the portions for me so I buy goldfish crackers in bulk and use my scale to portion them out into little zip lock bags. yoplait yogurt light (100 cals each) is a staple for me. Also, laughing cow light cheese wedges and saltine crackers (60 cals for 5 crackers).
I bring my lunch to work everyday so I'm not tempted to order out. You can actually make a decent sandwich that won't break the cal budget. I use 100% whole wheat bread (60 cals per slice) and load it with lettuce, onion, tomato and 2 oz of protein. They usually come out to around 260-310 calories.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #3  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

cottage cheese, nuts, salad, carrots
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

You sound like you are definitely on the right track.

I always pick up a couple Smart Ones or Lean Cusines to have in case I don't have time to make lunch. Tuna fish, lean turkey, lots of fruits and veggies. Leftovers are always great and convenient. Cheesesticks, almonds, or a fiber one bar make great snacks. I also love Progresso soups. I have them about once a week, very easy and it's 1 WW point. The one I just had was 80 cals for one serving(2 servings per can).
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:40 PM   #5  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

So here is my list:

Lunch Box
Salad Container (the one that keeps the dressing seperate)

bottled water
WM water flavor packets
Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones//Amy's
100% whole wheat bread
cheese sticks
apple slices
carrots
salad and fixins
nuts
Nutella
Fiber one bars
Progresso Soup
Yogurt
Granola
SF pudding
Smart Chocie popcorn
crackers
100 calorie packs

Now I am not saying I will buy all of this but this vast list does give me the option to mix and match over several weeks. Also, it lets me buy whats on sale this week and wait for others to go on sale in the future! Thank you so much for all of your feedback. And to think, I was going to pack a ham and cheese sandwich and some carrots. Eating healthy can taste good! I will keep checking this thread. If you guys come up with anything else let me know.

One last question: Are peanuts the nuts you guys choose for snack? I don't really like cashews or any other nut for that matter. I was wondering if peanuts were "safe" foods.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote