Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/194.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Fatigue

So I've been working out twice a day for about 3 days and i'm so tired. I swim for 20 minutes during my lunch hour, and then i hit the treadmill after work for about 30 mins. Generally 20 mins of jogging and 10 mins of warm up/cool down. So today i'm tired...muscles are kind of achey, and i'm just tired for lack of better words. I'm mentally awake which is good. I've also noticed that the more cardio i do....it seems like i wake up earlier in the AM if that makes sense. I'll fall asleep normal time, and in the morning it's like up to 2 hours earlier which can be a pain somedays....so i'm wondering two things
1. is it normal to be this way after only 3 days?? Will this go away...am i pushing too hard?? Are there any symptoms of overdoing it??

2. Has this sleeping pattern happened to anyone else??
Kristine612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

At first when you said 2x a day, I started to think you were doing too much, but honestly it doesn't sound like you are. You're putting in about an hour a day which is reasonable.

It *is* normal to sleep better after exercising. I find that when I exercise regularly, I don't have insomnia problems and my sleep is deeper and more restful. And I need less of it.

And also when you first get into it, yeah, I think you'll feel more tired at first. Your body is adjusting to something new.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I think it is great that you are tiring your muscles out. Don't forget to refuel after your workouts with some food. Maybe some fruit, cottage cheese, and whole grain crackers or some cereal, skim, and a piece of fruit.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/194.5/135

After my workouts i generally go home, shower, and make dinner - or head back to work for lunch. I'm glad you(photochick) know what i'm talking about. It's just weird...maybe it'll work out to an advantage down the road. I'm hoping other people read this who are going through the same thing, and get some insight. PS congrats on both of your weight losses!!!! I'm shooting to lose about 50 more pounds. Keep in touch!!
Kristine612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #5  
93.6lbs to go!

S/C/G: 220/205.6/112

I recently upped my workouts and have noticed in the past couple of days some real fatigue on my arms and especially my hands, just feeling generally achey. I think this is just your body responding to the increased activity but this should subside pretty quickly. Swimming is a great exercise though, it's low impact but maximum effect and you should be feeling right as rain in a few short days.

Good luck! xx
from220to112 is offline   Reply With Quote