Old 09-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #1  

Default Help, really frustrated

Hi everyone a few days back i did TO (2nd time during the program) and was really successful losing 5 pounds, but the problem is what is going on after. Before and After i did the TO i wasn't losing any weight at all and even right now im not losing any weight at all. I used to lose 3lbs/week and now the scale barely moves. I have become really frustrated to the point were i am starting to lose motivation. I am hoping if anyone here could spot anything wrong with my foods or give me suggestions because for the past 5 weeks my weight has been stuck and the only time i lost was when i did TO.

Starches:
FiberOne cereal
Pita Bread
Triscuits
Squared slice breads
30g = 1 serving for the breads.
Fruits:Apple
Proteins: Chicken cooked with spices and salsa
Vegetables: salad bags(lots of lettuce in it) from grocery stores (1 cup = one serving)
Fat : Dressing 1tsp = 1 serving.
Dairy: Milk,yogurt,JELLO brand pudding made with skim milk and fat free
Condiments: Metamucil (1tsp=1 condiment) i use cuz i find i always need more fiber.

I have been eating these foods mainly for the last week or so and yet no change, if you find something wrong with my choices please inform me of my mistake in order to fix.

On a side note, am i consuming my vegetables properly or should i ditch the salad bags and eat something else. The center of doom don't really know what to tell me they just always say switch things up and still no result. Should i add more servings or decrease, im really confused on what to do to get things going cuz i was doing so well. So plz help.

Last edited by Liverpool08; 09-09-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Liverpool08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #2  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

What plan are you on?
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #3  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

You should try adding more veggies. Lettuce is a veggie but it doesnt have many nutrients unless its the real green stuff. Add tomatoes, peppers, onions, etc into your salads and try to use low fat/fat free salad dressings or just good old oil and vinegar. Also, try adding more fruit into your diet such as bananas, peaches, pears, oranges, etc. Proteins, try adding a variety of fish into your diet. Leave bleached flour breads out of your diet and try to lean more toward whole grain breads.
Are you exercising? If not, try to add it into your day gradually. 30 minute walks or 30 minute aerobic exercises are a great start.

Weight is something that doesnt just disappear over night. You have to take the time and patience and work and it will come off!

Good luck.
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #4  

to be honest i dont really exercise, and also im on plan 5 for males. What about condiments and cooking with salsa and spices should i eliminate those? could they be possibly have an effect? Also for the metamucil i was told that 1 tsp = 1 condiment, should i stop using it or continue with it, cuz i know it has a bit of carbs

Last edited by Liverpool08; 09-09-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #5  
Erica

Cooking with spices is perfetly fine as long as they are low sodium. Salsa try to only use 1 tablespoon.
Try eating more fruits and veggies, they have a lot of fiber in them and as long as youre eating 5 servings a day of each, you should be getting your daily value of fiber.

Exercise is a key element in losing weight. If you can start slow, 30 minutes a day or even 20, whatever you feel comfortable with, you'll start seeing a difference a lot quicker. You can also invest into a step counter. To lose weight you need to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. Most people only walk about 5,000 a day.

Also, you can try counting your calories. This will help you see how many empty calories you are taking in and help you realize what you are actually putting in your mouth.

Make sure you drink your water too!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #6  

Also regarding the dairy should i just stick to milk, b/c i know that yogurt and pudding have some sugar. And as for the vegetable would green cut beans/carrots/spinach(frozen pack) when cooked be ok for use, b/c i feel that the salad may be a reason of this situation just because it has alot of lettuce and i was counting as 1 cup = 1 serving, when it comes for salad it should be 3cups = 1 serving
Old 09-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #7  
Erica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool08 View Post
Also regarding the dairy should i just stick to milk, b/c i know that yogurt and pudding have some sugar. And as for the vegetable would green cut beans/carrots/spinach(frozen pack) when cooked be ok for use, b/c i feel that the salad may be a reason of this situation just because it has alot of lettuce and i was counting as 1 cup = 1 serving, when it comes for salad it should be 3cups = 1 serving
Veggies have more nutrients when uncooked and raw. Fat free milk, Fat free yogurt and Jello makes a Splenda pudding that tastes just as good. The veggies should be eaten without lots of butter, etc. If you'd like to chat via AIM you can send me a private message and I can give you my AIM so it'll be easier to chat.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #8  

just one last question for whoever wants to answer, previously i used to count 2 tsp of salad dressing as 1 fat and it was working, just wondering, am i counting it wrong?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

The most likely problem you have is that you need to incorporate some exercise into your program. It does not have to be a lot, but you need to get some. Start by walking -- just get some exercise. You may tweak your food all you want, but without some lean muscle mass being built, you are going to find your weight loss stalling. You need the muscles to run your metabolism and keep it up. Without that, you are going to lose more and more slowly -- or peter out completely. You are asking questions about the small things when, in fact, your biggest problem is not being addressed.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #10  

would about 30 minutes of jogging daily be enough to kinda get things going again and see some loss in weight? or should it be more?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Even 30 minutes of walking to start would be fine. Little steps work too.

When I stopped losing weight my cod gave me these tips: cut out cheese/pb (which you don't have anyway). Get the starches in earlier in the day. Very important to have a big breakfast with starch and protein (apparently gets the metabolism working). They suggested consuming food in the upside down pyramid so you eat less and less as the day goes on (honestly, you will be full). Be done your food choices 2 hrs before bed time. Drink hot water with lemon to rid yourself of salt and water retention. Finally, make sire you are getting your 8 glasses of water down.

They never said to reduce the salsa but I wouldn't have it every day as it has both salt and sugar.

Good luck! Today is another day.

Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

I too am in this predicament, I say its because I'm close to goal and it will be slower now. Have you gotten a list of the superfoods from your center? This may have been the reason I was able to push down 1lb. I am now incorporating running 4x a week to try to get to goal. Also, didn't see if you were getting all your water... I believe this is KEY to keep losing. sometimes I find myself chugging before bed, but I ALWAYS get it in. Good luck
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #13  

Thanks so much for all the advice everyone. From my point of view i really think that exercise should do that trick to adjust things back to normal. I have tried finishing alot of the starches and fruits by 2 pm but it really hasn't worked so far, but i guess that i should be exercising more in order to get my body going again. Ill let everyone know how things are going in about a week or so after daily exercise. if anyone has been through this situation before, did u notice a great change in weight loss once you have started exercising again? just wanna know for motivation On a side note, is there a specific time that would achieve maximum results when it comes to exercise or can it be any time during the day.

Last edited by Liverpool08; 09-10-2008 at 07:37 PM.