Old 09-08-2008, 10:22 PM   #1  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Default So Tired of always wanting to eat!

Ok, so I cant stand the fact that I ALWAYS want to eat! Even when im not hungry I find myself infront of the fridge snacking.. WHY DO I DO THIS?! I really dont get it. I have tried drinking tons of water to "fill me up" but that doesnt work for me.. I get bored and I eat, i get up to feed the dog and I eat, i get something for my son and I eat.. and i eat and eat and eat lol... Ive tried eliminating junkfood out of my house (the worst thing we had was some baked cheetos because my husband wanted them so I compromised with the baked ones). The stuff im eating is not all that horrible anymore, but its the quantity of the food I guess.. Ugh I just need to stop picking at food all day long.. Anyone have any suggestions to help me NOT eat constantly! haha
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #2  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I chew gum. I buy it in bulk, I chew so much. Other than that, I think it's ok to snack, just do healthy snacks...I like celery because as most know, I like to eat one handed and drive/take/write/type with the other. Plus celery is sooooo guilt free.

I used to pick at food all days until I noticed I was doing it and not counting them as calories. I've added scheduled snacking times into my day so that i know I have that to look forward to. Are you a calorie counter? It's really easy to add healthy snacks into that type of food plan.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #3  
No More Excuses!

I do count calories for the most part.. I use sparkpeople to do that. Latley ive been slacking off, or ill do good for most of the day then forget to log it the rest of the day.. I need to get on track with that too.. Man im just doing horrible all around..
Old 09-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Yes yes, the gum is a great idea. Also, try to keep cut up ready-to-eat veggies in the fridge at all times. (I always have carrots and celerey in a container of water in the fridge) very handy.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #5  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

I use sparkpeople too!

Anywho, I do the gum and mint thing, but also, have you tried crystal light? I can't drink plain water, it makes me sick, but a lot of times I'll feel hungry and drink some crystal light and the sweetness makes the urge to eat go away. the walmart brand of crystal like mix is really good too, and it has zero calories instead of the 5 or 10 or whatever. I get the packets for 16.9oz bottles so I don't have to drink the same flavor for a while. The main reason I don't overeat is because I constantly drink it. People say I'm an addict...but I can quit whenever I want, I swear, I just don't want to

I got so out of tracking on spark I just restarted the whole thing right down to going back to fastbreak stage. But I haven't gotten any emails in a few days, I don't know why...
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #6  
No More Excuses!

My husband loves crystal light stuff, and yeah we buy the walmart brand stuff too. I dont particularly like the stuff, id rather just drink water I guess. The only ones i really like are the iced tea ones, which Jason doesnt really like haha.. Oh well..
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #7  
No More Excuses!

Oh and I LOVE spark people.. You can add me as a friend if you want. My name on there is Marineswife85 also.. Ive used it for years off and on, i wish i could stay ON lol
Old 09-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #8  
skinny jeans here i come!

S/C/G: 218/195/160

Height: 6'1

i hear you! sometimes i find myself at the bottom of a bag of dried apricots, wondering where they all went! the veggies are definitely a good plan. i also find that if i am snacking mindlessly all day and i have some healthy protein (like ten almonds or half a chicken breast) the cravings for more go away. carbs/sugars just leave you wanting more!
zero calories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I live with roommates, so we each have our own cupboard. Anyways - i hung a white board on the inside of my cupboard door that has the days of the week on it. I put a marker in there,and every single time I open my cupboard to eat something, I write it and the calories down on the white board to keep track of what i've been eating. It really keeps me in check because I know what I can and can't have, and what I have already had.... and how i've done all that week.... it's so helpful to keep me in check.
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:28 AM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

I love that white board idea... I might have to put one right on the fridge...
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:26 AM   #11  
Proud Marine Wife

The whiteboard is a really good idea. Mine usually has the weekly menu though.

Tim said eat almonds and drink water. When he's hungry and knows he really shouldn't go for that second lunch like he normally does, he'll get a 1.5oz bag of almonds and a bottle of water and he's set until dinner. They're high fat, but it's the good fats that help your cholesterol.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #12  
No More Excuses!

I might do the whiteboard idea, thats pretty neat!
And the almonds idea is good too, as long as I can eat just a few and not go overboard ( i loooove nuts haha)
Old 09-09-2008, 08:22 AM   #13  
Proud Marine Wife

Get some cheap baggies, snack and sandwich size, and portion all your snack foods as soon as you buy them. If they come in a box, put the bags back in that box. It makes it a lot easier to control, especially having the bag there to remind you. Sandwich size are good for chips and other big or fragile snacks, and the snack size are good for nuts and teddy grahams...I love me a good dose of teddy grahams once in a while.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #14  
No More Excuses!

You know thats a really good idea! We tend to buy alot of wheat thins and stuff like that, maybe i should sit down when i buy them and portion them out so that we dont sit down and eat half the box! We buy reduced fat but that doesnt do much good when you eat half the box hehe..
I just cooked breakfast, my husband wanted pancakes.. I havent made them in a while so I gave in. I only had 2 small ones (about 200 calories) and a tbsp of light maple syrup (25 calories). Oh and a glass of cranberry juice which was like 130 cals that i PROBABLy should have gone without, should have just drank water or something. But overall not too bad, according to spark my breakfast ended up being 365 calories total. And im making a whole chicken for dinner tonight which I wont end up eating because I have to work till 10 tonight, but atleast if i end up coming home hungry ill have something healthy to eat instead of raiding the cupboards of junkfood.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I have found that spending time reading these posts makes me eat less. Since starting on my journey 2 months (and 6lbs ago), one of my weaknesses was eating while on the computer. This drives my husband insane, not to mention the keyboard is getting crumbs in it, so now I have to force myself not to eat in front of the computer.

I was also writing down everything I ate in a small notebook I took everywhere. I even bought a nice on from borders as some sort of incentive/gift for myself. This lasted about 3 weeks. I think a white board is a great idea, not only will I have to stare at what I ate, but my husband will too!
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote