Old 09-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #1  

Height: 4' 10"

Default How many oz. of water, fiber & whole grains?

I'm still trying to fine tune my eating/drinking, so I have some questions.

Is there a list of Basic information? I haven't been able to find one here.

I know it's 6 servings of water, but how many ounces should each serving be?

How about Whole Grains, I've read on many boxes & bags lately that you should get 48g/day (one serving of brown rice will give you 43g according to the box). Is it different for WW? (it seems like a lot of carbs)

How much fiber do you need each day? I realize that I should get the required amounts from the 5 servings of fruit and veggies I eat each day, just wondering if there is a coordinating number for it.

Thanks for any help. Btw, I LOVE it here!
~Dolly
DollyLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey Dolly,

As for water, 8 oz is a serving, I believe.

Whole grains -- there isn't a specific number offered by WW to determine this. If you use the 8 healthy guidelines along with the points system, you should be getting the right amount of complex carbs. Same with fiber.

Are you following the WW plan? Online or going to meetings?

Good luck!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #3  

Neither, I'm totally doing the Flex plan on my own, except for all of you! I did have a friend send me a bunch of booklets and a calculator and I've been going by those, but they weren't specific on a few things. Thanks for your help!

~Dolly
Old 09-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Part of the beauty of WW is that they really don't restrict what you eat by making a bunch of rules to follow. There are the 8 healthy guidelines, of course, but a lot of those are common sense. They don't ask you to count anything aside from points (no counting carbs or fiber or whole grains), which makes it one of the easiest plans to follow.

From the WW website, here are the 8 healthy guidelines, if you haven't seen them before:
1. Eat at least five servings of vegetables and fruits each day.
2. Choose whole-grain foods, such as brown rice and oats, whenever possible.
3. Include two servings of milk products – low fat (1%) or fat-free – each day.
4. Have some healthy oil (olive oil, canola, sunflower, safflower or flaxseed) each day.
5. Ensure that you are getting enough protein by choosing at least a serving or two of meat, poultry, fish, eggs, or dried beans each day. Many dairy products are also good sources of protein.
6. Limit added sugar and alcohol.
7. Drink at least 6 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
8. Take a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement each day. Source

These are great guidelines to follow no matter what program you are following, and this is all WW asks of you. It is up to you whether you want to track additional metrics such as fiber or whole grains (or carbs or sugar or protein etc).
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #5  

Jaime,
Yeah, those are the guidelines I've been going by. I just didn't know if there was any additional things I should be doing. Good to know it's just that simple. Thanks!