WW Clubs and Groups - #205 Bale of Turtles Celebrating Success!

Itryharder
09-08-2008, 11:52 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the tutle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

CherryAutumn
09-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks Judy I almost missed the new thread.

I am really trying not to give up on losing weight. I know i only have failed if i stop trying. I am back up to 239. I am really ashamed of what i have allowed myself to become. I am not sure how to make the changes that i know i need to make.

I wanted to thank all of you ladies for you support and encouragement.:hug:

ladybugnessa
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Subbing in... l'm a turtle for sure... i have my sprinty moments but mostly i just plod along....

bandit2
09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi turtles:

Well, tonight I am going to my first TOPS meeting - so will let you know how that turns out. Apparently, your 1st meeting is free & if you w/i they apply the $2.00 towards your yearly membership fee of $30. So that is a big difference compared to my ww weekly fee of $17.

So I am hoping I like this & welcome a change. WW has been great, but I feel I need something different to try.

Hope everyone is keeping OP and losing!

Itryharder
09-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi Turtles,
Cherry, no one here is a failure. I know you haven't accomplished what you wished, but gosh--this is a new day and a new opportunity. I say forget about the pressures of long term goals and just hang in there and treat yourself right by staying OP today. And then when tomorrow comes,you can tackle that too. :hug:

Princess, wow--what a difference in fees. I wish you all the best at TOPS. It happens to be one of the only organizations/diet plans I haven't tried, so let us know how it goes. It's great to shake things up and I know that will lead to a weight loss. :goodscale:

Nessa, keep on keepin' on! Your advice and new outlook to us is priceless.
:bravo:

I went to my mtg. today and stayed the same. I have an ongoing problem here wherein I plan and buy food for meals, my dd brings our grandson here around dinner time but they don't want what I plan for dinner. Then they order in Chinese or Italian take out and I give in and eat it too. Needless to say, although I can select a salad, ugh, I don't and I'm not losing any weight.
I thought once the summer was over, this wouldn't be a concern, but evidently it still is the situation. I hate to complain, but I've got to be firmer in what I'm doing for dinner. Any suggestions?a I figure I'll make my dinner and then ignore whatever goodies they bring into the house. Oh, by the way, I'm heading down south for a family visit. I'll be driving by myself since dh needs to stay here and work. Please take care of the threads for us, and I'll chime in when I'm back. Wish me well because there are going to be plenty of eating challenges both on the road and when I arrive down in Asheville. Best of luck to all of you! :cheer: :cheers:
Judy

ladybugnessa
09-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi turtles:

Well, tonight I am going to my first TOPS meeting - so will let you know how that turns out. Apparently, your 1st meeting is free & if you w/i they apply the $2.00 towards your yearly membership fee of $30. So that is a big difference compared to my ww weekly fee of $17.

So I am hoping I like this & welcome a change. WW has been great, but I feel I need something different to try.

Hope everyone is keeping OP and losing!

Bandit good luck with this... I know TOPS is a great program and as long as you have your plan you should be good to go.

my $40.00 per month for WW and another $90 for my gym are my splurges.

Princess1122
09-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone... I am sorry that I have not been around much lately, been very busy with the new dog and everything that goes with that. I am way up right now, more mindless eating... ugh!

Judy: Glad your results came back that nothing is majorly wrong, scary stuff!

All: I hope that everyone is doing ok and I will stop back by more often... have a great day all!
Princess

bandit2
09-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone

My 1st meeting at TOPS was interesting - very friendly people & I think I will like it. Was abit confusing since they were starting back up after having no meetings over the summer, but that should all be settled now.

Since my meetings are Wed, I am going to have that for my w/i day - so will keep you posted how I do.

Hoping this change will get me back on track & start dropping these extra pounds.

Hope you all have a great OP week!

Princess1122
09-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Morning all and happy Monday! Well I did not go to W/I this weekend... again! I have just plain been off track and stressed. As many of you know my job has been shaky at best for a long time and now it seems we are coming to an end. This is a fact and something that I have used as an excuse to eat many many things that I should not and I am very embarrassed by it. Money is going to be a concern, a very big concern very very soon. I am also looking into TOPS because I don't want to stop but can no longer afford the price of WW. I have canceled my YMCA membership and am looking into other ways to get our monthly bills down before the ax falls for good here at work. DH does not go at all lately and is not following the plan so continuing to pay for his is senseless. I have requested info from TOPS so will see what happens. It looks like it is a yearly fee of 26.00 here in the states but I am not sure if there is a weekly fee or not, maybe Bandit can help me out on that one.

The weekend was quiet but busy, we are fencing in the yard next weekend with the helps of DS's and some of their friends to cut down on the costs so that weekend will be busy also.

I just plain need to snap out of this funk that I have been in lately because the pounds are piling back on... I don't even want to post updated stats at this point.

I will get back on again later on... have a happy day all!

Bandit: Can you tell me anything about TOPS that is not on their website? Like how many calories a day? Is there a weekly fee? Anything else you can think of.

Thanks!
Princess

bandit2
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi Princess - I have only been to one TOPS meeting & from what I know is
$30 yearly fee & $2.00/week for your weigh in & meeting & you pay for missed meetings. Tops recommends following the Food Guide/Pyramid & seems members following various plans like ww, calorie counters, south beach etc.

What I am going to do is still basically follow ww flex and go to TOPS for support, tips etc. This week will be my 2nd week, then I will have a better idea what else they do. Last week was basically their first meeting after summer and was abit confusing.

Big difference in the fees & for $2/week I can handle that much better.

Will keep you posted.

Princess1122
09-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday! How is everyone doing today? This week has gone pretty well but I could be getting much more exercise in if I tried... lol, "tried" being the key word here.

What is going on with everyone?

bandit2
09-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Hi Princess

Just cruising along up here - nice & sunny today. Have my 2nd TOPS mtg
tonight & hoping for a loss of some kind.

Anything new at WW?

bandit2
09-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Morning, turtles:

Hope you are all doing well & staying OP - been kind of quiet on our board lately.

Anyway, had my w/i last night & was down 3.25# - so I was very happy about that.

Have my dinner with my gf tonight & we are having pasta with sausage & homemade sauce & of course, some wine.

Have a good one!

ladybugnessa
09-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Bandit Congrats on 3.25! i lost a piddly .4 this week.

bandit2
09-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Hey Ladybug - a loss is a loss - all counts. At least you going in the right direction. Hang in there!

Princess1122
09-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Howdy all! Happy Thursday!

Bandit: I have not heard back from anyone at TOPS, kind of disappointing but I guess I will just have to go and see what it is all about at a meeting.

I have to ask you though, what is different from WW that you did this week, you had a fabulous loss so I am eager to hear the difference.

bandit2
09-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi Princess - you can go to TOps site online & find meeting close to you. I received brochure but it took away & I called the representative in my area and then went to meeting closeby.

This week, I tracked all my food & counted every single thing. Also didn't have extra treats at night. That was about it.

How haVe you been doing?

Itryharder
09-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi Guys,
I'm back from my trip to visit my sisters in Asheville, NC. What a beautiful city. I did Core while I was away. The scale is up a tiny bit and I had been hoping for a loss, so I'll do the best I can the rest of this week and step up the activity. I've gotten more sedentary than ever.

Hey Bandit! That is a wonderful :goodscale: Weigh to go! :bravo: Tracking all food and skipping night treats isn't easy, but it sure paid off!

Princess, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I'm sending :grouphug: to help you through this. You're smart to cut back on all expenses and TOPS seems like a smart place to go now.

Nessa, right now I'd be thrilled with a .4# loss, but I know what you mean.
Good luck during this week.

Hey guys--let's all try to get this weight moving. Bandit, I'm going to try and follow your lead.
Judy

Princess1122
09-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Happy Friday everyone!

Bandit: I am doing ok... not great in the old weight loss department but I think I have slowed down the gain a bit. I think that I am going to try and do TOPS but am still thinking about it.

Judy: So glad you had a nice time with your family... I have been thinking about Core too... I am not sure if it is for me but I am thinking about a lot of things to get my butt back on track :D

All: Have a great weekend everyone!

LaurenH
09-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Hello, Turtles. We finally said goodbye to the last of our houseguests (what a marathon! fun, though) and also visited some friends of ours in Chicago. We have a short breather now before we go on vacation. Most welcome!

On the weight-loss front, I hit the 40-pound mark yesterday (since restarting), and am just a little over a pound away from ONEDERLAND! I'm very psyched! Unfortunately, I'm now entering the half of the month when I don't lose much of anything, and then we go on vacation. So there may be a little delayed gratification here in terms of the scale. I am SO ready to see that "1" in front of my numbers again. I swore I would never go back into twoterville, but there you go. Anyway, I'm hoping I'm a little older and wiser now and will make this stick. Or at least catch any gains before they get to be as much as this past one was.

Judy, glad you enjoyed your stay in Asheville! I have parents there; it is indeed a beautiful city. So dry right now, though.

Bandit, good for you, sticking with your program. You're a trooper.

Ladybugnessa, congrats on the loss! A loss is ALWAYS good!

Princess, slowing a gain is good. I hear you about the stress eating, and how useless it is. I gained a bunch of my regain when I was out of work. I think learning healthy ways to cope with stress is probably one of the best life skills we can learn. Let's work on that one together. Good luck investigating TOPS; I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

CherryAutumn
09-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi Ladies,
I am still trying to read everyones posts but don't have much to say for myself. I just can't seem to get myself started. I keep thinking there must be something that can get me going but i know the only thing that will do that is me, myself, and I.

Princess - Hugs
Sounds like everyone is doing fairly well. It is good to hear. Keep on Keeping on.

bandit2
09-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Lauren - congrats on losing 40# - WOW! You are so close to onderland, that is awesome.

Princess - I know you will get things back on track. Keep at it - you are doing things right.

Judy - nice to hear you are back & had nice trip. A tiny gain on holidays is nothing to worry about you will lose that in no time.

Cherry - I hope you find something that helps getting you back in the swing of things. Sending you a "big hug" & maybe just try doing 1 thing different for 1 day, then for 2 days etc - then add something else. For me, journalling
really helps - even stuff I know I didn't need, but seeing it in print helps me be accountable. Good luck!

Tomorrow, my neighbour & myself are going to my trailer for the day & staying overnight. The weather is suppose to be good & I told her I wanted to get in a few big walks. So, hoping the snacking doesn't get out of hand but should be fun.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Itryharder
09-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Lauren,
Congratulations on your wonderful loss! :goodscale: You give me hope to carry on. Hey, that would be a good song. LOL. I can't wait for you to break into onederland. We'll have to have a celebration here. :bravo:

Bandit, have a great time at your cabin. You had such a great weight loss this past week. You've got exercise planned and I' m hoping the snacks aren't so appealing once you realize what they'll do to your good eating program. :goodvibes:

Princess, stress is miserable, but I'm with Lauren. If you can slow down your gain, that is wonderful for now. It's so comforting and easy to eat when other things are going wrong, but you have been extremely successful through all kinds of stress in the past and I know you can overcome this. I have a feeling you're outside right now putting up a fence. Great idea to get some kids to help you out. It's good to have a built in work force and putting up a fence has to count for loads of activity points.

Cherry, would it help if you said, "I can do this. I can drink more water today than I did yesterday." Keep your messages positive even if you don't feel that way and sometimes that works and we trick ourselves into doing the right thing. You've started before and it worked, so :goodvibes: to you to feel that click!

I'm having a good day. I'll be at my niece's tonight for a birthday party and I'll have to watch portion control. Send me good wishes.
Take care and have a great weekend.
Judy

Itryharder
09-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Turtles,
I got on the treadmill today after a long time and I know it will help.
:tread:
Have a great weekend.
Judy

Ariana2000
09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
::meep:: Hi ladies. Could I drop by again?

--Ariana, awfully busy, itinerant turtle

bandit2
09-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Welcome back, Arianna - hope you have been well & are doing great?

How about everyone else? We have been very quiet the last few days.

As for myself, I am going to my 2nd Tops mtg tonight & hoping for some kind of loss. Went to movies last night & seen The Women & really liked it & stayed away from the popcorn & took a water & pretzels, so feel good about that.

Hope everyone is having a great OP week!

Itryharder
09-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Ariana, wow!!! :welcome3: I am so glad to hear from you again. You are doing great :goodscale: How is your quilting coming along?

Bandit, I know it's quiet. I've been struggling and the scale isn't going in the right direction and I hate to bring down the tone of the posts. However, I know this is when I need the most encouragement. :goodscale: to you tonight at TOPS.

Feeling kinda sorry for myself which is ridiculous and I've got to turn this around.
Good luck to us all and I'm thrilled to have our former Turtles Lauren and ARiana back and posting with us.

Princess, how are you doing? I know you're busy but chime in when you can.
Cherry, you can do this.
Judy

Princess1122
09-25-2008, 07:25 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday! Not doing great here but am in the process of getting my butt back in gear and like Judy am feeling sorry for myself and that can not continue.

Ariana: So glad to see you back! How is life treating you these days?

Judy: Boy oh boy do I know how you feel... not sure what we can do about it other then climb back on that wagon!

Bandit: How are you liking TOPS? I am still thinking about it but in the mean time I need to get in to WW and W/I and stay for a meeting, as long as I am still paying for it... makes no sense to stay away.

Nessa: How are you doing these days?

Lauren: Glad to hear that your steady stream of visitors is slowing down... that can be very nice but still have a lot of stress that goes along with it.

Cherry: How are you doing?

Chris: What is new with you these days?

Have a happy day all!
Princess

bandit2
09-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi ladies:

Judy & Princess - I hear what you are saying, but you have to get your
mo-jo back somehow. For me, I got in the up/down rut for so long & decided enough is enough. It is hard to get back on track, when you feel lost.
Remember "baby steps" leads to big success! You two can do it - you have been our strength in the past - so just "DO IT"

As for myself, I was down 1.75# at my 2nd meeting and was "BIggiest Loser" from last week & received certificate. The way that works is the top 3 losers each week have to keep it off for the week - then the one with the most net loss is the winner. So, nice to start off being a winner. I am down total of 5# for the last 2 weeks. So happy with that.

Cherry & Nessa & Chrily - where are you & how are you doing?

NIce to have Lauren & Arianna back & they always had good advice for us.

Hang in there ladies!

Princess1122
09-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Bandit: I hear you! As a matter of fact I woke up and told myself that today is the day for me to get back on track! TODAY IS THE DAY, NOT TOMORROW, BUT TODAY!

I got some gift cards for my birthday and I am going today on my lunch for a haircut and I stopped by walmart and got two DVD's on my way into work this morning, one is Yoga and one is Pilates. I can not afford classes but for 20.00 I got a DVD on both and I will get started this evening along with walking again. We could not have a better time of year to get out and walk so here I go! I also ordered up books on CD from the library and am in the process of getting them loaded onto my iPod so that I can listen to them while I walk in the evenings since DH is not really interested in walking anymore. I am thinking about TOPS to save even more money and canceling the WW for now, maybe when things get better I can go back but right now I need to take a break on the spending.

To tell you the truth I just plain feel like crap when I am not on plan, plain and simple, this past week I have felt the worst that I have in a really long time. Stomach issues and all because I am just mindlessly eating and not even really thinking about it. But that is over with!

Best wishes to everyone and thanks to Bandit for the words of wisdom!

Itryharder
09-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Okay Turtles, I hear you loud and clear! Yesterday was a much better day. I stepped on the scale this morning and it's okay. Now--first challenge--stay off the stupid scale! It affects me much too muchl, so this week I am challenging myself to drink more water and stay off the scale. Take a leap of faith realize that when I work WW's, it works. Bandit, thanks for the words and Princess you and I sound like we're back on track or at least implementing things that will work and get us back on track.

Okay everybody--this is always my best chance to lose weight every year. Go figure! I think that I make really good choices and focus since we do so much this time of year as far as hosting a Halloween party and Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's. Whew! But I have consistently been able to lose in this season and I must get off the pity -----and work this plan. I can do it. I am doing it! The nonsense is over.

Good luck to everybody.
Bandit, wow! what a wonderful weight loss for two weeks. Amazing :bravo:
weigh to go. Keep up the good work. :cheer:

Cherry and Chrily, keep on keepin' on. Weight loss clicks every once in awhile and you want to be in it when it happens. You can do this.

Lauren, weigh to go with all the company, etc. Whew! Glad you'll be back to a regular routine.

Ariana, besides being busy, how is everything else? Great to have you back.

Nessa, how is everything going?

Okay--we can do this. I've got my mojo back and I'm determined to make October a great month.
Judy

bandit2
09-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Princess & Judy - you go, girls!! Thats the attitude we all need and thanks for the congrats. We all know how good if feels to lose & do well - so keep it going, ladies.

Lets make this a great fall (losing) season for us all!

Good luck!

Princess1122
09-26-2008, 07:49 AM
Morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone! Fall has arrived here in the mid-west even though the days are still very warm the nights are chilly and the leaves are slowly starting to turn. I did really well with eating yesterday with the exception that I did not get in my 5 servings of fruits and veggies, I will try again today but over all it went really well. I did get a short walk in but DS and his fiance came over for supper so that kind of threw the evening off balance a bit and I did not get my pilates workout in but will try again this evening.

I have to take the new dog to the vet today to have a vaccination that he needs so that he can start puppy school tomorrow... He needs to go to school badly... LOL, he is so spastic!

Hope all is well with everyone! Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!
Princess

Itryharder
09-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi TUrtles,
Princess, you sound back to yourself! Yay! Glad you were OP. I'm with you. I counted points and I was fine even though I had lunch out and then dh wanted to go out to dinner. I selected Applebee's because they offer the WW menu complete with points. By doing that and by having a salad with a bit of chicken and shrimp for lunch with my book club, I was fine.

I'm glad Princess has a puppy , even a spastic one, for company and laughs. The weather is turning here too. We;re close to needing heat on at night.
It's pouring rain today and it's supposed to continue throughout the weekend.
Oh well, perfect weather for hopping on the :tread: and watching a movie.

Everybody have a great happy and OP weekend.
Judy

Ariana2000
09-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. :) Life has been very, very stressful lately. But I made my insane September deadline. I keep falling off the point tracking and working out track. I haven't done too much damage -- 2 pounds gain, and I'm softer (my muscles) than I was before), but I want to stop it now before a little becomes a lot. I'd like to promise I can check in often, but that wouldn't be a promise I can keep. My company works on grants, and a lot of grants expire at the end of the year. It's going to be a blast, I tell you...they're talking about us cancelling vacations and everything. <sigh>

Ah well. That's the bad news.

The good news is that my quilting is coming along well. I'm still learning, but it's a great stress reliever. It's also good that I haven't gained significantly even in these hard times; that means that some of what I've been doing in the last few years is burned on my brain, and has helped me mitigate what used to be my standard damage from stressful situations. Once, I would have binged on food and shopping to cope. Now I've gained a bit, but I have not gone crazy, and I am using shopping to cope. So, an improvement.

Also, I'm looking at buying a house. With the federal tax credit/15 year loan, this is a good time to buy. And my company recently gave me A) a raise and B) a profit-sharing bonus, so I have a little extra cash to use for a downpayment. Not 10%, but I'm looking at an FHA loan, which only requires 3%.

Whew. Anyway ladies, good to "see" you. I'll get back on track, and you guys will too. It's only a matter of time, persistence and strategy, right?

Ariana2000
09-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Hello ladies. How is your Monday? I took the day off, called in sick. I'm recovering from last week; I worked a lot of extra hours last week.

So, how is everyone? I started the Wendy plan today. I need to go eat lunch, it's late, but I was sidetracked by balancing my budget and figuring out what I could afford on a mortgage and for a downpayment.

Now I'm going to grab some lunch (for 4 points -- meep!) and go sew for a while. I'm making pajamas for my mom for Xmas. :)

Hope you're having a good day!

Itryharder
09-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Ariana,
I am so impressed with how much weight you've lost and how much you've kept off. You're doing great. A cou=ple of pounds up now and then is common to most of us and you're doing the right thing by figuring out how to get them off. :bravo: :cheer: Sorry to hear you're so stressed out, but so glad to hear that you're making plans to buy a house. You certainly are a determined young lady who makes her dreams come true. Weigh to go! So glad you're back. Have a great day sewing and sticking to the Wendie Plan. That worked for me for awhile and if I hit a plateau, I'll consider using that plan again.

All goes well here. I've had a good week. I must admit that I stepped on the scale once this past week, but that is still a major accomplishment for me since I often will step on the scale more than once a day. I keep on counting points and thinking ahead. even with my dd coming by with lots of problems, I recognized I didn't want to go off plan, and I made the dinner I had planned for. Was it high in points? Yes, but that was okay because I had planned for a higher point dinner and had a tiny point lunch--original Boca burger on lite multi-grain Eng. muffin. Only two points and it gave me a lot of leeway for dinner. I also houseworked up a storm today and am proud of how my house is shining now!

Okay--good luck to us all and let's keep the Turtles going in the right direction.
Judy :cool:

Ariana2000
09-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Judy -- thank you for the encouragement and congratulations. That *never* gets old. :)

Work is stressful. Life is stressful. I guess it's part of being alive. I try to handle it with working out and lots of quilting. :)

I'm glad to hear you are sticking to your goals. Day by day is probably 75% of the battle. Sorry to hear about your daughter's troubles.

Ladies -- I made it to the gym tonight, for not one, but *2* hours! ::triumphant but tired look::

I'm going to do about 45 minutes of work on a pet project and then *fall* into bed. Have a good rest of the night and a good day tomorrow, ladies. :)

Princess1122
09-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone! I am on plan for the week and started my pilates DVD at home last night. Food is still a struggle lately but I am keeping at it. I did not go to W/I on Saturday but did hop on the scale at home and was horrified! So that was a pretty good motivating factor to get me moving again.

Ariana: I bought a quilt at a flea market this summer, it is in pretty good shape but needs some patching done on the seams... I don't know how to "quilt" but I know how to sew so I thought I would work on patching it back together and that may give me an idea of how to actually get started when I am ready to try my hand at quilting.

Judy: You sound busy again, I know how you feel about the scale but for me staying off of it leads to big trouble so I try and hop on it in the morning... when I avoid getting on it then I know I am in trouble.

Bandit: I did get a flier in the mail for TOPS and will be checking out one of their meetings some time soon. Is the weather changing up your way yet?

Nessa: How are you doing these days?

Cherry: What is new with you?

Have a happy day everyone!

Itryharder
09-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi Turtles,
Tomorrow is my WI and I've got my fingers crossed. I'm staying within points. I have a challenge again today because I'm heading over to watch my grandson so my dd can get to the doctor and I think I'll stick around so she can rest afterward. Maybe I'll bring a crockpot of chicken and veggies for dinner. I need something for me to eat and to feed them and I don't want to pig out on snacks they have in the house. I'm going to go offline now and plan my day.
Princess, I know what you mean about a daily WI. It's great how we all have different ideas that have worked and then we have to tweak our ideas to get them to work again. Last week weighing daily didn't work for me at all; that's why I made myself a promise to stay OP and not WI until tomorrow. In the past if I avoided the scale, it meant big trouble for me.

Bandit, how are you doing?
Nessa, any tips?
Cherry, how's tricks?
Lauren, are you still free lance writing?
Ariana, way to go on the exercise! :strong:

Everybody have a good day!
Judy

bandit2
09-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi turtles:

Princess - you really should check into TOPS nearby, you will save lots of $
The weather up here has been great until today & it is raining & suppose to rain for rest of week. At least it is not "freezing rain" that will come quick enough.

Judy - good for you to try & plan ahead for your menu. Crockpot chicken & veggies sounds yummy.

Cherry - how are you doing? Hope you are OK & not down in the dumps.
Remember, we are all here for you.

Ariana - good for you for changing up things with the Wendie Plan.

As for myself, I was really good this past weekend. I had veggie pizza for dinner & counted all my points. Only thing I have had that I probably shouldn't of was some jelly beans. I bought a big container of them a few weeks ago since they were on sale but didn't open them. But now they are opened & seems like everytime I walk by them I grab a few.

So, hopefully I will show another loss this week. If not, I know it was from the pizza & jellybeans.

Our next challenge with be THanksgiving & then Halloween. Always something!

HOpe you are all drinking your water!

LaurenH
09-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi, everyone -- just checking in before we head out on Thursday for our vacation to the Adirondacks. I can't wait! I'm hoping against hope that I'll break through to onederland while we're there; that would be fantastic. I'm certainly motivated!

Bandit, you're doing splendidly -- I can't imagine a few jellybeans will derail you right now. Congrats on your great loss this week!

Judy, always wonderful to see you posting. Your tenacity is an inspiration to me. Can I make a suggestion that's counter to Weight Watchers approach? One thing I've learned from this eating plan I'm on is that the WW program allowed me too much food. Or, rather, that I thought I was eating just a few calories when I really wasn't. For example, you mention that a Boca burger on an English muffin comes to just 2 points ... I believe you, but I'll bet your body doesn't know that and it counts the calories as calories and that slows down your weight loss. (I'll bet it was far more than 100 calories, which would be 2 points if one didn't consider fiber, right?) I think it's easy to sabotage ourselves on WW without intending to. When I go back on WW down the road, I'm going to purposely bump up my point estimates by a good degree to account for that, maybe leave fiber out of the picture when I calculate points. Just a thought.

Princess, I'm impressed you're doing Pilates! I need to get back into that again. It's such a good exercise approach.

Ariana, nice to see you! Congrats on your marathon workout -- I'd be comatose after 2 hours at the gym!

I'm still on my program; the next step really is to incorporate exercise. I always find that the hardest part, and having plantar fasciitis and rotator cuff problems isn't helping. Still, I'm looking forward to getting walks in every day on vacation. I *really* want to break through to onederland, and I hope that helps me make good decisions while on vacation.

Have a great couple of weeks, everyone, and I'll check in again when we get back!

Itryharder
10-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Lauren, have a great trip in the Adirondacks. You should be just in time for the leaves to change--beautiful. You know, I think you make a very good point about WW and the amount of food I can get for my points. The idea of fiber "demoting" the points is a very good factor. Right now at this weight, if I track carefully and get some activity in every day I can lose a pound a week. I haven't been consistent, however, in how I eat. I'm more on the "Weight Watcher Plan" sometimes than being a Weight Watcher.
My goal this week is to track carefully, get some activity each day--back on the :tread:, and to stay off the scale. I know I can do it. This week I was very successful and took off two pounds :cheer: and I am thrilled. Now I want toget off the other stupid weight I put on this year so that my next goal will be to get into onederland!!!!

Good luck to us all and keep on tracking and chiming in.
Judy
234.6/218.2/thinner into onederland, but more immediately 213.2 :cool:

bandit2
10-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Lauren - thanks for the encouragement and here's to us all getting in more exercise. I know I really need to get something on a more steady basis.

Judy - nice loss this week! Good for you!

I have my Tops meeting tonight & hoping I don't lose any spider legs (for the contest going on now if you gain they chop off a leg from your spider) and person with most legs and points (you get points for various things) wins.

If your weight stays the same the say you have "turtled" for the week. I got a kick out of that when they mentioned it - thinking of our little turtle group here.

ANyway, hope the rest of you are staying OP.

bandit2
10-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Morning, ladies:

I was down 1.5# last night so my spider kept all its legs. Total loss of 6.3# over last 3 w/i - so pretty happy with that.

Hope you are all doing well.

Itryharder
10-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Bandit, this is fabulous news! :goodscale: And thank goodness your spider kept all its legs. LOL. I think this new encouragement is working out great for you and it was a very good idea to try a new group. :cheer:
Judy
Having another good day (without hopping on the scale)

Itryharder
10-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi Turtles,
We are getting a little long, so look for us at #206--Turtles having a good day.
Judy