Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default No Excuses! Food & Exercise Accountability 9/8 - 9/14

Happy Monday everyone! How was everyone's weekend? What challenges will you be facing this upcoming week and how will you combat them?

Let's have a great, on plan, excuse-free week!

My weekend was started out beautifully. Friday was POP and even Saturday was. And Saturday was my DH's surprise party, which went beautifully. He was totally floored. Gosh, men are oblivious. There were sooo many signs pointing to a party at our house.

Anyway, so I stayed POP up until (no nibbling) and through the party. I ate salmon and veggies and fruit salad for dessert. Everyone loved the salmon. I made it with sugar free apricot preserves, soy sauce, fresh garlic and ginger - SO easy. They liked lots of my other healthy recipes as well. I LOVE turning people on to good, tasty healthy foods.

Okay, so like I said all was good through and during the party. But once again I've let history repeat itself as the leftovers got to me on Sunday. Or should I say - I got to THEM? Yup, I hit the strawberry shortcake (why oh why didn't I give it away?) and the stuffed shells. I wasn't terrible, I kept it in check, but it was by NO means on any plan of mine. So be it. I'm brushing it off and moving on today. What other choice do I have really?

I felt sooo incredibly wonderful socializing as I was wearing a great pair of high waisted & belted gray slacks, black fitted skimpy shirt and heels Saturday night, that there's nothing on earth I want more then to be back on plan today and for the remainder of the week/month/year/ ummm - LIFE .

Have a great day ladies (and gents?) and thank you for all being here week after week.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 09-08-2008 at 08:35 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:18 AM   #2  
Chuggin' along...

Robin, bravo!!! What am amazing job you did - both in pulling off your DH's surprise party, but also in your wonderful self-control.

I had a BAD weekend (well, it was lots of fun, just bad health-wise) and drank way too much alcohol at our "last hurrah" party Saturday. Yesterday was spent mostly in bed due to sheer pain. Oh yeah, that's why I shouldn't drink so much alcohol. I'm already anticipating a lot of stress this week as I'm worried Hurricane Ike will seriously interfere with my house moving this weekend (on top of the moving and cleaning the old house spotless, wind, rain, and flooding to deal with). There's nothing I can do but try to be as efficient as possible and get as much done ahead of time as I can.

I've some of my food prepped for the week, and I'm trying to keep telling myself that eating off plan will only make my stress levels much worse, as I know from experience.

Today's plan:
B - 1 piece whole wheat toast, 1 T. lt cream cheese, 1 T. jelly, 1 c sk milk, coffee
S - 1 c. grapes
L - whole wheat tortilla, 2.5 oz. bs chicken breast, 1/3 c. black beans, lettuce & salsa, 1 c. carrots & 1 c. celery, 1/4 c. spinach & ricotta dip
S - 6 oz. light yogurt, 2 kiwis, 1 oz. raw walnuts
errands, dr's appt.
gym - chest, cardio, abs if it's not too late
D - sirloin steak, salad w/ lt. dressing
Plenty to do after dinner - theater/audition phone calls to everyone who is on the "call for auditions" list, and if I find myself bored, laundry and packing! I'll be too busy to eat, right?

Alright, came back to edit/finish my meal plan for the day. Have a great week all! No excuses!

Last edited by Megan1982; 09-08-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Time for me to unstick my head from the sand (a la ostrich style) and get with the plan again... I'm not a maintainer yet but figured this was the best place to keep myself accountable. I want to be at target by Christmas... working out like a demon (and yet eating like a horse) is counterproductive

Day 1 (again!! Seriously I need to cut this rubbish out and make this the last Day 1 for a while)

B: 2 bananas
S: strawberries
L: strawberry/raspberry yoghurt and chicken/lettuce/cucumber/tomato salad
D: not sure yet (no doubt some carb/meat combo of sorts)

In the gym for when it opened, weights and a bit of intervals at the end...

... onwards and upwards as they say!

Last edited by denialisnthappiness; 09-08-2008 at 09:04 AM.
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

B~1 c nf plain yogurt flavored with sf Torani syrup (yum--thanks Amanda!!)
S~2 clementines
L~Lean Cuisine
S~Activia yogurt
D~soup with pinwheel sandwiches (ww flatout bread, turkey and lf cream cheese)
gym~45-60 minute workout
day 1 of my "no alcohol on weekdays and moderation on the weekends" program
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys - here I am! ready to start "no excuses!" I did VERY well during the day on Saturday and Sunday but slightly went off track at night. Saturday night, I knew I was going out with my aunt and uncle and I did pretty well - I didn't eat out of the bread basket, I ordered iced tea and not wine. It was a great Italian restaurant and I got a seared tuna entree (avoiding all the decadent cheesey delicacies). I caved though and ordered a chocolate soufflee desert and ate about half. Delicious though!

Last night, I was great through dinner (maybe overate slightly at the Mongolian hotpot restaurant, it's so hard to tell because you eat a little at a time so it's hard to see how MUCH you ate). We went to a friend's house after dinner and they had bought a luscious fruit tart from a french bakery and were so pleased and excited. *sigh* I ate a piece (not even half a piece). A lot of folks went back for seconds, so I guess it's a minor victory I stopped at one.

So - on to today!! I put my phone across the room last night, on top of my "goal jeans." When the alarm went off, I had to get out of bed and walk over to my jeans to turn it off - it was QUITE motivating and I went out and did a run/walk for 40 minutes! Yay me.

Today's plan:

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup dried wild blueberries

L - big salad - romaine, shredded carrot, onion, grape tomatoes, broccoli slaw, sliced water chestnuts, a few edamame (bag was almost empty), 1 serving of chicken (90 calories), 2 measured tbs of Spicy Asian Vinaigrette (70 calories)

S - orange (100 calories)

S - string cheese (80 calorie)

S - tiny thing of pickles (calorie count is 0!)

D - 2 pieces of home made pizza - Whole wheat boboli crust, spicy marinara sauce, spinach, a few sliced kalamata olives, sun dried tomato, a tiny bit of fat free feta cheese (450 calories)
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #6  
Working My Way Back Down

Great job on the party Robin! And Glory, congrats on adding the exercies (I know that's a stretch for you ) I had a decent weekend. We went to a 25th anniversary party on Sat afternoon. It was supposed to be an outdoor BBQ, and we'd hoped just to "make an appearance." Instead, the weather changed and it ended up being an inside, sit around party, which meant we stayed longer. I sat as far away from the food as possible, and ate mainly fruit. Passed on the cake as well - though I saw my skinny DH eat 2 pieces, so he made up for me. Yesterday I made a pork roast in the crockpot and had it with fresh green beans, tomatos and new potatoes. Yum!

B - cheerios w/1% milk, raspberries; 1/2 ww bagel w/pb;
L - leftover penne casserole - for the last time, it's finally gone!
D - leftover pork roast, fresh peas, new potatoes, salad
Ss: peach; cottage cheese with blueberries and raspberries; hb egg; ff latte
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #7  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Monday's plan:
B - muesli, milk
S - banana, peach
L - stuffed zucchini, half ear of corn
S - peach, asian pear, yogurt
D - ? I already forgot which recipes I picked out.
Exercise - 30 mins wog (c25k wk2d1), aqua aerobics, UBWO
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #8  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
So - on to today!! I put my phone across the room last night, on top of my "goal jeans." When the alarm went off, I had to get out of bed and walk over to my jeans to turn it off - it was QUITE motivating and I went out and did a run/walk for 40 minutes! Yay me.
Glory, that's a really good idea!!! I sometimes hang up a bikini or a pair of pants where I'll see them every day, but I think under the alarm clock is even better!

Pat, way to pass on the cake!

Hi denial, and welcome!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Can we discuss the insanity of my life? LOL - must stay on plan!

B - Protein Shake
S - Pear
L - Tuna, English Muffin, Light Cheddar
S - Popcorn
D - Extra lean ground beef burgers on sourdough, side salads
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 50 min elliptical and a whole day worth of running around like a chicken with my head cut off...
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #10  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Hi gals, if it's ok I'd love to post over here on this thread. I am hoping to be a maintainer. At this point I consider myself at goal. Although I plan to stay on plan with calories and exercise and expect to perhaps lose a bit more... my goal at this point is maintenance.
I had an off plan weekend and need some motivation and accountability to get it goin' on again. My way of eating is a lower carb one. I try to avoid white foods and even whole grains b/c they cause large water retention and the scale shows it. My exercise of choice is running but I'm trying to fit in a toning type class once a week.

I'm a mom of 4 boys: 6, 4, 4, and 2. And I work part time in NYC which is about a 1-1.5 hour commute from my house in NJ. School started and I'm exhausted already!! I've made a commitment to myself to continue my mileage. It seems that once the exercise diminishes...everything falls apart. Well, thanks for reading. I feel like I know you all already. I've been lurking here for a while
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #11  
Working My Way Back Down

Gosh, Kitty, I'm in awe that you actually find time to exercise! I've done the long commute thing, but not with young kids at home - and twins? to boot!

And as Meg says if you've lost a pound and are keeping it off - you're a maintainer! Welcome.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I did it! I can't remember the last time I had a day that was "perfectly on plan." I'm going to skip the work out tomorrow, I overdid it today and I'm sore everyplace! My cat jumped down off the top of my couch and landed in my sore groin region (where the thigh meets the body) and I screamed! Hurt like crazy, scared the **** out of the cat too! ha
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:42 AM   #13  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Glory, congrats on your POP day.

I had an OP day, too...a little low, actually, which is probably good given the weekend!

Plan for tomorrow:
B - Protein Shake
S - Asian Pear
L - Leftovers - Burger on Sourdough, Salad
S - Popcorn
S - Greek yogurt
D - Pork tenderloin braised in a tomato-wine sauce, creamy polenta, mixed squash baked with basil, garlic, and parmesan cheese
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 55 min elliptical
65 min strength
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:43 AM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yay Glory! Atta girl. I'm so sorry that you're sore, but I will say, it's good to hear you speak of exercise. Doesn't surprise me that you've overdone it. When you decide to do something - you really, really do it! Feel better.

Kitty, welcome to Maintainers. Glad you've come out of lurkdom. And I gotta tell you, I'm exhausted just *reading* about all you've got on your plate.

Monday was almost POP. I made some black bean chilli, it was yummy, yummy, yummy and I chose to eat a wee bit too much of it. And somebody left a bite of strawberry shortcake, so naturally I had to eat that. Other then that, everything was OP.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #15  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Thanks for the welcome, all ye role models!! I'm already stuck re: when/if I'll get a work out in today. I'm seizing this 22 minutes to hop on the treadmill!!

thanks for the motivation
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote