100 lb. Club - Accountability/Menu/Daily Planning - Week of September 8 - 14.

Beverlyjoy
09-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Do you need a place to put down your daily menu or plans? Maybe accountability would be helpful. Or- would you like a little extra support or a chat. Please join us here.

Beverlyjoy
09-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday I did pretty well. DH ended up inviting the neighbors for a cookout. One brought 4 (yes 4) different kinds of ice cream and some brownies. I did have a very small amount of desert - and it took me 65 calories over my range. I am not going to worry about that at all. Today - no company, parties and outside influences - just the regular ones. :dizzy:

Plans for today:
take my mom to doctor for some tests
office work
stretches
meditation
lots of water
log food
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - open face turkey sandwich with lite mayo, ratatoulle with parm. cheese
snack - greek yogurt with some low fat granola
dinner - french toast, sf syrup, boca bacon, egg white scramble, sliced tomatoes
snack - cheese toast, peach.

Have a great day everyone. I'll be back later to catch up with everyone.

Schmoodle
09-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Monday again chicks...
BeverlyJoy, your lunch sounds super yummy! How do you make your cheese toast? I think you did great over the weekend, but it's always a relief to get back to normal, isn't it?
Ginger, good luck seeing everybody off to school today. Hope you are feeling much better.
mj, all rejuvenated from your pj day?
Hi Lyn!

I did okay yesterday, but I cooked up a batch of teriyaki peanuts because I had a couple of pounds of raw peanuts to use up, and I ate too many of those. I tried to give some away to my mom, but she said she'd overindulge.
Today:
B: Hot tea with agave nectar, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon
S: pumpkin oatmeal bar
L: crabcake broken up over salad, dressing, tomato juice
S: skim latte, pear
D: chef salads
S: cottage cheese with apple butter on toast

Have a good one chicks!

Beverlyjoy
09-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Back again...mom just called - she isn't feeling up to going to the doctor for all the tests. I think she is recovering from our busy weekend with family. She's exhausted, poor sweetie.

Schmoodle - I make my cheese toast by toasting a piece of my whole grain bread and then melting a slice of 2% on it - either by the heat of the hot toast or 5 or so seconds in the microwave. I like it for breakfast some times. I like with an apple or applesauce because I llove the combination of cheese and apples. It works out to be about 150 calories or so.

Is DD feeling any better today, I hope. So many folks have colds lately.

Hmmm...crab cakes - do you make these or buy them. I love them too. If you buy them, which brand do you recommend.

Ginger - I am so sorry to hear your camping trip was cut short. Oh no - strep throat is so painful. I am glad you got it checked out quickly. I hope it nothing more than strep. When will you find out.? Take care of yourself. You WILL start the 'whole new me" as soon as you feel better. Even if you can't do the gym now - do the best you can - just eating healthfully will help. The rest will come when as you recover.

Happy Monday to MJ, Rhonda and Lyn .....and anyone that stops by.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Good morning, Friends!

Get ready to see more of me around here. :D I'm back on plan! :cb:

Day 1 of Phase 1....Oy Vey!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Beverlyjoy
09-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Hey accountability folks....we had two threads going yesterday...the one for this week and last week's too.

Beverlyjoy
09-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Hi chicks...I stayed on my plan and pushed thru yesterday even though I wanted to stuff my face all day. I am grateful.

Today:

working in my office
lunch with a friend at First Watch

breakfast - egg scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - tri-athelite ommlette at First Watch
snack - yogurt with sf jam, crackers
dinner - turkey polish sausage, corn, salad, ratatoulle
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, almond butter, milk

I'll be back to catch up with folks later. Have a great day.

Schmoodle
09-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Good morning chicks on a rainy gray Tuesday. I got up early to get a writeup done for my customer that he needs this morning. I know I'll be working this issue all day. Trying hard to get into the school routine with homework, getting to bed on time, activities, and keeping up with everything. Any of you chicks use flylady? It was very helpful to me for a while, but I let all my routines lapse and now trying to get back with the program.

My plan:
B: hot Ezekiel cereal with milk and half an apple
S: hard boiled egg and tomato juice
L: chicken salad over sliced tomatoes
S: skim latte, pear
D: refried bean soup
S: cottage cheese with NSA apple butter

Hooray, Rhonda's back!! How did day 1 go?
Beverlyjoy, I am admittedly a crabcake snob, comes from living in MD all my life. I've never had a good premade one, and restaurants are hit or miss, so I make my own. I stock up on good quality crabmeat in the summer, premake the crab cakes and freeze a supply for the winter, then I can pull one out whenever I get the urge.
Good morning Lyn, mj, Diane, and any other chicks that stop in!
How are you feeling Ginger? You will get on track, but right now just worry about taking care of yourself and getting better.

ETA: I just saw all of mj's and Ginger's posts yesterday in last week's thread. Poor Ginger, you sound so miserable! How are you doing today?
MJ you silly, of course it was quiet yesterday, we were all here!

mj5
09-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Oops....I totally forgot to look for our new thread! No wonder it was so quiet yesterday!!!! Good Morning! My 'fuzzy alarm clock' (one of my dogs) woke us up super early this am!!! Maybe that's why I posted under last week's thread today too??!!!

Beverlyjoy--Great job at the cookout! Hope your mom is able to rest up and feels better soon.

Schmoodle--How is dd feeling? Yes, pj day was wonderful!

Rhonda--Yea!!!! I am glad you are back! Have you been to the gym?

Ginger--Oh no! You sound terrible! I hope your GP can help. Glad to hear dh is taking care of you too. I know you feel really icky, but don't forget to post a weight for the biggest loser--I think the deadline is Sat.

Lyn--How are you?

Since I was up so early I would have liked to do a WATP dvd this am, but my knee was really sore. An excuse? Maybe. But I don't want to push my luck too much before my ortho appt. on Friday. He's good, but I don't want him to start talking surgery again!!!

Have a great OP day!

Lyn2007
09-09-2008, 11:39 AM
HI all you guys! I am back (I was really sick for about 4 days and am on the mend/mostly better now). Ginger, you poor thing, that sounds HORRID. I hope you are on antibiotics and resting and getting better.

Today is my first day back OP after days of being in a sick haze, feeling really icky and eating comforting things like ice cream and mac n cheese. I seriously do not do well with being sick. I need a new plan for that, because my resolve goes out the window and I just eat whatever makes me feel better. I drank a TON of juice too.

I also had to go yesterday for my follow up PAP after a bad one and a colposcopy and LEEP in the spring. I am crossing my fingers for GOOD results this time. I SO do not want more surgery. Results in 1 week or sooner.

Husband is gone now, still dunno whats going on with him but hope he can figure out his issues while he is alone. The good news is, I am back in control of all the food coming into this house, so it should be easier to stay OP.

Will check back in on you guys later!

kissingginger
09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey ladies, thanks so much for all your concern. I did get antibiotics from the walk in clinic on sunday, and it's now tuesday and I don't feel any better. the doctor said if I am not better by today then to go see my GP (which I am going to do). Yesterday I got my bloodwork done and took the throat swab to the lab. I should know about the swab tomorrow and a little longer (5 days) so maybe by friday I will get the results from that. I feel like I'm in good hands. But I am still in major throat agony. And my fever keeps coming back every time the advil or tylenol runs out.

Thankfully grandma is taking the kids to preschool. DH got them all ready this morning, so I know I am lucky to have this kind of support. I am staying away from my kids, and that is so hard, but I really really wouldn't want them to get this. Goodness knows they may have already been "infected" - you know the whole incubation thing, but whatever I can do to help, I will.

Girlygirl- day 1! Go for it!!

Schmoodle - routine is hard, and yes flylady is great if you stick with it...unfortunately, I never could :(

Beverly - sorry to hear your mom's kinda under the weather...family weekends are always tiring, even for us younger chicks!

Lyn- so glad you are feeling better. Yes, I find it hard to eat well when I'm ill. Of course, lately I've lived off popsicles and ice water. I am crossing my fingers too for you for good results. That must be so scary. It's awesome that you have control over the food in the house!

MJ- Huge thanks for the reminder about BL challenge. I would really be kicking myself if I forgot again this time around! I did post my weight, and I'm just hoping I feeling better by next week.

Have a good on-plan day everyone!
Ginger

kissingginger
09-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Quick update:

I went to my regular Doctor - the walk in clinic doctor gave me the wrong antibiotics (meant for people with penicillin allergies, which I don't have). Those antibiotics are not strong enough generally for what I have, and take longer if a patient is allergic to penicillin. So she gave me a new prescription.

Also, the results are in - MONO is out. I definitely have strep throat. We won't know about the epstein barr results until next week. The chances are SLIM. Yeah!!!

So I did overhear that my hemoglobin was high 16.1 - does anyone know if that means anything. I tried to google it, but I'm not sure I'm looking at the right thing.

Anyhow, off to rest, drink more fluids and take my new antibiotics.

And with any luck- next week I will be a woman on a mission!!

Ginger

Nori71
09-09-2008, 07:58 PM
So I did overhear that my hemoglobin was high 16.1 - does anyone know if that means anything. I tried to google it, but I'm not sure I'm looking at the right thing.Sorry you're sick Ginger. I'm a lab tech and that's a perfect hemoglobin for an adult female - on the high end of normal actually. Above 12 is ok. 12-16 in *normal* - so maybe since you were 16.1 the analyzer flags it as high. It's not.

OK, so I never come onto this thread, but saw that you were the last poster and hadn't seen you around for awhile. (Not because you haven't, but because I haven't been in the 100 pound area for awhile!) This might be a good thread for me to start posting in though...

kissingginger
09-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Nori!

Thanks so much for popping in and saying hello and letting me know about the hemoglobin. It's so good to know that there is nothing to worry about. I love this community-- we all have different strengths and backgrounds and the fact that we can ask each others advice is invaluable. Thank you!

I haven't been posting much all summer, and when I did come back recently I owned up to regaining. It really sucks, but I'm here now and that's what matters. I had a whole plan, and this darned Strep completely put me in a tailspin. But I am still determined to put action in my plan as soon as I am physically able.

It's really great to see you again. Please come and post here! We'd love to hear about what's going on with you and where you are at. I can see you've lost an impressive 45 lbs!! WOW>>you go girl!!! Very cool.

Cheers, Ginger

Nori71
09-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Ginger,

I had strep for the first time last year (after running oh, probably 1000000 tests for it on patients!!!!) and I can empathize. It was t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e. Right up there with labor!

As far as the weight loss goes... I've recently, as in this week, kicked it up a notch. I think I'm only like 3-5 pounds less that the beginning on June. So, I've basically maintained for awhile now. But I'm no where near a weight that I should be maintaining, so I'm putting the work in now. In the past I've done the same as you though. Let up and gained. You just have to recognize it for what it is and know that even if we lose a battle here and there, we will win the dang war! We are so worth it. To be as healthy and happy as we want to be. Anyways, glad you're back. I missed you a bit into the last TBL challenge here. Seems like you were fighting some illnesses then also.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Good morning, Friends! Happy Wednesday.

MJ - How's that knee? Sorry to hear that it's paining you again.
Ginger - How are you feeling today? I hope you heal quickly.
Lynn - I'll be praying for good results for you. And, I agree...staying on-plan while sick is difficult. I have always used food for comfort, but that has led to my current obesity.
Nori - Love seeing you here and would love to have you posting with us!:hug:

Well, I made it through on-plan day 2 yesterday. I was headachey yesterday afternoon. I'm not sure if it was sinuses, work stress or sugar withdrawal. I'm also not getting enough rest. So, I'll be adding earlier bedtimes to my agenda!

Schmoodle - I must confess...I couldn't make myself do a "pure" phase 1. Oy Vey, I hate phase 1! So, I'm doing a 1 1/2. I'm still feeling a bit of the SB "flu" so I must be de-toxing in some fashion.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

mj5
09-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Good Morning! I am SO having a bad hair day today! LOL! Obviously there are much worse things, but it's really bugging me! Oops, gotta run, I'll be back soon!
Lyn--Hope you continue to feel better! Fingers crossed that your results come back good! I also hope the stuff w/ husband works out for the best, good for you for getting right back op!!!

Ginger--No problem! I know you feel icky, but I didn't want you to miss the deadline. That stinks that you were given the wrong med, but hopefully now that you have the right one you will start feeling better soon!

Nori--So glad you could help Ginger! Welcome!!! I would love to have you posting here too!

Rhonda--Yea for making it through day two! My knee hurts...wine, wine...can't wait for Friday, but I'll live 'till then!

Beverlyjoy and Schmoodle--Hi!

Beverlyjoy
09-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi everyone....been so busy...sorry I didn't get to the personals. Yesterday was a food disaster. I ate alot. I know it was related to feelings and frustration. I wasn't willing to work thru the feelings and use my tools. But, today I am planning for a healthy day.

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - turkey and lite cheese sandwich open face, rattatoulle and parm.
snack - cottage cheese and fruit
dinner - veggie burger with cheese, green beans and mushrooms
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, 1/2 banana, milk

I'll be back...I have to call the dentist. I discovered that I've somehow chipped my front tooth!

Schmoodle
09-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Good morning chicks, Happy Humpday!
I have been mostly on-plan but a little rocky the last few days, bending things here and there. Work stress and TOM mostly. I know I'm not going to see a loss this week due to TOM, so I seem to be using that as an excuse to overindulge. I had made 2 lbs. of teriyaki roasted peanuts over the weekend and I have been nipping at those too much, going over my daily nut allotment, so I ended up putting the rest in the trash last night. I REALLY didn't want to - I hate wasting good food, but I had burned them a little, so that helped.
Yesterday was just a long day. I got up at 5AM to get some work in before the kids got up, then had a very stressful work day, forgot DD's piano lesson, had to spend 2 hours at DS's Back to School Night, come home and deal with the homework they didn't finish while I was out. Then DD1 called and asked if I could leave the door open for her when I went to bed because she didn't have her key. This is not the first time we have been around over this, and she has woken me up late at night to let her in more than once. So I told her to be home before I went to bed, or find another place to spend the night. I guess she ended up staying at her boyfriend's. I am alone in this house with kids and I'm not sleeping with the house open because she can't be bothered to carry her key! I think having almost-grown-up kids is harder than having young ones.
We all have a cold too, today DS is home with it.
What a whiny, waa-waa post! Okay, here's some positive, the sun is coming out, and today should be calm, and I did end up getting a good night's sleep last night.
And today I will stay on this plan:
B: hot Ezekiel cereal, coffee with milk
S: hard boiled egg, tomato juice
L: chicken salad over sliced tomato, apple
S: skim latte,
D: refried bean soup, green salad with dried apricots and goat cheese
S: yogurt with sliced pears
No Nuts!!!

Rhonda, you know yourself, you have to do what works for you! I get that headache too. Hope your "flu" is better today.
Hi Nori! Nice to "meet" you. Welcome to the accountability thread.
Lyn and Ginger, hope you are both feeling all better soon.
Hi BeverlyJoy and mj!
ETA: Sorry chicks, we were simulposting
mj, every day is a bad hair day for me LOL! I never know what to do with it. I often wish I could just go bald.
Beverlyjoy, i'm sorry about your bad day. I know you'll recover from it though, and today will be good.

mj5
09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi again! Today is totally dragging.....One fun thing, though, one of my friends is getting married in May and she gave us the info to reserve our hotel room. Everything is at the hotel AND it is pet friendly, so we are all taking our dogs (including the bride and groom). I SO can't wait!!! Major incentive to stay focused and on plan--shopping for a HOT dress to wear to the wedding....after seeing pics of myself from weddings this summer, yea, there WILL be an improvement next year!

Beverlyjoy--Fresh day, fresh start! Oh no....did you get into the dentist!

Schmoodle--Whine away (although I don't think you were whiny at all!), you have certainly listened to me enough!!! Bald, hmm, that would be a brave look. I have actually sat in my hair stylists chair and told him to shave it all off....luckily he know I was totally kidding! I am waaaaayyyy overdue for a hair appt, but dh and I both need to get eye exams and glasses and I need more contacts--I want to see how much that is going to cost before I make a hair appt. I can always pull my hair back!

I am going to the gym, then take the dogs for a walk...it worked yesterday--the dogs slept until the alarm went off this am!

Nori71
09-10-2008, 05:36 PM
I couldn't make myself do a "pure" phase 1. Oy Vey, I hate phase 1! So, I'm doing a 1 1/2. I'm still feeling a bit of the SB "flu" so I must be de-toxing in some fashion.
I know nothing about SB except that the wraps are wonderful! What is phase 1?

I'm in a good place right now. Getting used to that kinda *hungry* feeling. I don't let myself get shaky or ravenous - but I needed to get out of that place where I was kinda grazing (even if healthy foods) and never experiencing hunger at all.:dizzy:

I have resisted setting any *time-frame* goals for the past few months, but I've set one now. I don't know how realistic it is to think I can loose a smidgen over 2 pounds each week until Christmas. But I'm going to try!!!:D

I have an exam for a new life ins policy next week and I'm kinda bummed that I'll be stuck with higher rates just because of my weight. Oh well...it's just term, so I will quit this one and get a better rate once I get to a healthy weight next year.

Nori71
09-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Ok, so I just figured out that I'd have to stick to 1200-1300 cal per day to reach that. I honestly don't think I can do that. But I'm going to see how close I can get...to Onderland!

mj5
09-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Nori--Yikes, glad to hear you re-thought your goal once you figured out the cals/day.

I went to the gym right after work and did my planned workout. My arms are going to be SO sore tomorrow!!!

I really need to finish our grocery list...but I'm just not in the mood...I am going to check out the farmers market during my break at work, so I will try to get as much as I can from there first.

Beverlyjoy
09-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi Chicks! Yesterday was not a good food day. :( Ut oh...two days in a row. I know it was a reaction to stress and my pieces and parts hurting alot. I am feeling better today and feel optimistic. :) Also...it was the first time in almost a year that I saw a gain on the scale - one pound - but, it sent me into a tail spin. Kinda crazy, really - to have that reaction. But,I will plan for a good healthy day.

Today - I am taking my mom to get some xrays - then she wants to go to Wendy's. I'll get a small chili - sounds good on a fall day.

This afternoon I got to the dentist to get my chipped tooth fixed - seems like there's always something goin' on. :dizzy:

I saw an orthopedic surgeon yesterday about my foot (third opinion) - he said that someday I'll need surgery. When I am ready...come back. Guess I am not ready.:?:

Meditation - I've been slacking off on that and it shows. I will meditate today!
lots of water
stretches
log food and food values
PMA

breakfast - cheese omlette, peanut butter toast, peach
lunch - small Wendy's chili
snack - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana
dinner - boca, lettuce and tomato on lite wheat, rattatoulle with parm
snack - cheese, crackers, fruit

Mj - have fun at the farmer's market - get lot's of healthy goodies. Yes, I agree having an incentive really helps! :)

Nori - Welcome! Yes, I agree with Mj - that calorie amount seems low to me, too. Glad you figured it out. :)

Schmoodle - I can relate to 'having an excuse to overeat' at times too. Darn this food stuff...it's a never ending battle it seems.:dizzy: Do the best you can...you CAN do this!!! I too have trashed good food because I couldn't stay out of it - I really think it's better off in the trash then your tummy. You did the right thing. (still it's hard to throw it away, I know)

Yay, Rhonda, two days OP!! :carrot: That's wonderful.

Lyn - so glad you are finally feeling better. :D Hooray for having some good food days, too.

Ginger - I hope your feeling better! :hug:

Have a GREAT OP day!!

Schmoodle
09-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey chicks, busy today but wanted to get my plan down before food gets away from me. I was on plan yesterday, so hopefully that is the start of a loooong streak of green days for the rest of September.

Today:
B: hot Ezekiel cereal with applesauce and yogurt
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
L: tomato soup, salad with dried apricots and goat cheese
S: skim latte, pear with almond butter
D: BBQ chicken, sweet potato fries, salad
S: NSA hot chocolate or tea

Beverly, that pound will be back off in no time!

Nori, good luck with your goal! I wouldn't want to try to stay that low either. I do South Beach too. Phase I lasts for two weeks and you don't eat fruit or any grains or starches during that time. It gets rid of cravings for sweets and starches, stabilizes your blood sugar levels, and "detoxes" your body from sugar and refined starchy stuff. Then you add back the fruits and whole grains, etc.

mj, sadly, I am ALWAYS in the mood to think about food...

Hello to the rest of the accountability chicks!
Have a good one.

kissingginger
09-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi ladies,

sorry I didn't check in yesterday, I was just feeling still so yucky! I'd love to do personals, but I just don't have it in me, but I have plenty to say to everyone!! I'm back to the couch (just took my kids to preschool)...to rest and drink tea and water..I was lucky to have grandparents and DH to watch the kids, but now that I'm "better" (hardly!) the kids are now all mine. Doh!

I better quit whining while I'm ahead.
Ginger

mj5
09-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone! I had one of those busy, but I don't feel like I accomplished anything days at work. It's ok though...at least there weren't any catastrophes!!!!

Beverlyjoy--How are you doing today? How's the tooth and your foot?

Schmoodle--hope your busy day went well!

Ginger--How are you feeling? Whine away! We'll listen!

Lyn and Rhonda--How are you?

I am SO glad I am getting to see the ortho tomorrow. It's a temporary fix, but I'll take it right now! This weekend I am going clean out my makeup drawer...sounds like fun, huh? I have some REALLY old stuff shoved in the back that needs to go in the garbage. My mom is coming over to visit, so that will be fun.

Have a great night!

Lyn2007
09-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey ladies.

I thought I was all better from being sick but I guess I wasnt. I am still fighting it and very tired. Had a rough week...

I really let my eating go, too. And the scale shows it. I wish I had someone to kick my butt and make me eat right, but since I dont, I better get to doing it myself!!

Here's to a better tomorrow.

mj5
09-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Good Morning!

Lyn--Oh, I hope you feel better!!!!! You can do this!

So glad it is Friday! Hope I can get some stuff done at work today...just a lot of 'little' things that I would like to get cleared up before the weekend.

I really need to be getting ready for work, instead of sitting here, so I better get going!

I'll chat w/ you later!

Beverlyjoy
09-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Hi Chickies - yesterday I had an on plan day - wow, I am so grateful! I didn't drink quite enough water - but, I do better with that today.:)

I went to the dentist and he fixed the chip in my tooth - amazing. It looks great. :D

I saw another orthopedist this week (third opinion) - he suggested that at some point I'll need to have foot surgery. It would lay me up for about 3-6 monthes. Ugh...not quite ready to face that. I guess I'll know when it's time.:dizzy:

Today:

ice
heat
meditation
stretches
lots of water
journal my food
PMA

breakfast - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - tuna salad, crackers, ratatouille and parm
snack - plain Greek yogurt with some ns jelly and peach
dinner - lite cheese sandwich and tomato soup, green beans
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, milk, raisins

MJ - I agree....TGIF! Have a good one. Hope the ortho has some 'magic' for you, friend. :)

Ginger - you take care and rest as much as you can. :hug:Once in a while it's OK to have a video day - so the kids can be a bit still and you can get some rest. Did you find out if it's strep or the other possibilities yet?

Lyn - sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly. :hug: Do the best you can. Try and drink lots of water...even though I am sure you don't feel like it.

Schmoodle - go green!!! :) I've seen Ezekial bread..but, didn't know there's a cereal too. Have a great day.

Hi to Rhonda and Lori!!

Have a good day, folks.

Schmoodle
09-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Good morning accountability chicks, we made it to another Friday!
I thought I avoided the kids' colds except for some minor sniffles the other day, but it hit full force during the night and I have a very sore throat and lots of congestion and body aches. I'm going to see if I can drown it in fluids and Vitamin C today. We have tickets to my company picnic at 6 Flags tomorrow and the kids are really looking forward to it, so hopefully we can go. Weather should be okay.
I got a trip to NJ thrown in next week, but it's just a day trip and I haven't had to go anywhere in a while. I decided we will need a vacation in October so I am booking an Orlando trip, need to finish organizing that. Just me and the kids - tried to get a friend to come but she couldn't make it. It's a good time to go, DH is a Disney-hater so he will be relieved we went without him.

Plan: lots of fluids and vitamin C
Food (if I feel like it)
B: scrambled eggs, tomato soup
S: cheese stick
L: WW tortilla wrap with chicken, veggies, and beans, applesauce
S: skim latte, pear with almond butter
D: skillet eggplant lasagna or vegetable moussaka, salad
S: NSA hot chocolate or tea

Beverlyjoy, the cereal was recommended to me as a substitute for Grape Nuts, which I love but are not SB-legal. But I didn't really care foI the Ezekiel cereal cold. It makes a good hot cereal though, microwaved with hot milk and fruit. Trying to eat it up, but I probably won't buy it again, just as soon stick with oatmeal.
mj, hope you had a nice visit with mom. I got some rewards to put away - ordered some new tops, some new flavors of sugar-free syrups to try, and shoes. Good luck with the ortho.
Poor Lyn, sorry you are not bouncing back quickly. Hang in there girl!
Ginger, hope you got some good couch time in yesterday and are feeling better.
Hi Rhonda! :wave: Hope Ph1 is treating you well.

I definitely need more tea. :coffee: BBL chicks.

Nori71
09-12-2008, 03:50 PM
So, I only work on Mondays and Fridays it's very rare that there are drug representative lunches provided on those days. There is one today. I will know in about 20 minutes if it's healthy or not. Usually it's not. I don't *feel* particularly strong today though...gotta get my game face on right now!

kissingginger
09-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey ladies!

I'm back - I feel better, stronger than I have in weeks. I'm pulling out all the stops and obviously the drugs are working!!! Yeah!

Nori - sorry to hear about the upcoming unhealthy lunch. If you can't control what's put in front of you, how about trying to control how much of it you actually eat? I say, don't stress too much, just do your best.

Schmoodle--oh no! I'm sorry your house has come down with colds. Hang in there...I can just visualize you hosing down your family with huge amounts of vitamin C. I hope you guys can go and have fun tomorrow.

BeverlyJoy - it's for sure strep throat. But I'm now on the mend (practically a week later) and I'm feeling strong today. Glad to hear of your tooth! :D

Thanks everyone for checking in on me and all your nice comments. Hi to Girlygirl and Mj5 and Lyn (HANG IN THERE!!!),

So my plan is to eat healthy and then pick a day to join the gym. I'm hoping for some quality family time this weekend since I missed last weekend, but I'm hitting the gym either sunday or monday.

Cheers, Ginger

mj5
09-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi everyone! Sooooooo glad the weekend is here! I am having a hard time sleeping--mostly knee related, so I am glad I can rest this weekend. My plan is to take my pain meds, ice and stay off it as much as possible. Usually the first day or two after an injection it's a little sore, but then it's really good. I have some good pain meds too, so that will certainly help!

Beverlyjoy--Glad you were able to get your tooth fixed...I know, it IS always something, isn't it?! Ugh, 3-6 months, yea, I wouldn't be ready for htat either! My ortho ROCKS! I'll explain down below...

Schmoodle--Oh no, not you too! Hope you feel better. Did you go to the picnic? My mom was supposed to come today, but she is coming on Sunday instead. It's actually better...I was up at 4am today! Ugh...It's only 8:30am and I need a nap! Good for you stocking up on your rewards!!! My next reward is going to be a mani/pedi! I really need one and just haven't made the time for it.

Nori--Why is it that when drug reps or work functions put on a lunch, it is usually super-unhealthy? How did you do? This past week was dedicated to recognize Direct Care Support Staff for people who work w/ individuals w/ disabilities. The agency I work for has acutually done a really good job lately getting some healthy eating training sessions for staff and our residents going, but what did they buy for each team???? HUGE trays of cookies that they literally tried to force everyone to eat--I politely said no thanks (luckily I had just finished lunch, or I would NOT have been that strong, but SO many people were pressuring me to take a stupid cookie!). Now, I am certainly not against a cookie once in a while, but if I don't want one, I don't want one. Phew, sorry for that rant!!!

Ginger--Yea, you even sound better! I am so glad that you are feeling better. Just don't do too much, too soon! I can't wait to hear about the gym!

Rhonda and Lyn--Hi!

Let me just say, I LOVE my ortho!!!! As I mentioned above, he gave me an injection after we chatted for a bit. But, the first thing he said to me when he walked in the room was "You look fantastic!" He is very pleased w/ my weight loss and very encouraging for me to keep at it.

I am going to get my ice pack and rest for a while w/ the dogs....they will LOVE having a lazy day today!

Nori71
09-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Nori--Why is it that when drug reps or work functions put on a lunch, it is usually super-unhealthy? How did you do? This past week was dedicated to recognize Direct Care Support Staff for people who work w/ individuals w/ disabilities. The agency I work for has actually done a really good job lately getting some healthy eating training sessions for staff and our residents going, but what did they buy for each team???? HUGE trays of cookies that they literally tried to force everyone to eat--I politely said no thanks (luckily I had just finished lunch, or I would NOT have been that strong, but SO many people were pressuring me to take a stupid cookie!). Now, I am certainly not against a cookie once in a while, but if I don't want one, I don't want one. Phew, sorry for that rant!!!I agree - it's frustrating. We so rarely have lunches scheduled on M or F, so I don't have to deal with it usually. Together with the gal I job share with, I'm the one scheduling the lunches. If it is me, I always tell the rep that we prefer healthy choices. Sometimes they get it and sometimes I honestly think they don't have a freakin' clue what "healthy" means! Yesterday was Italian. Crusty bread, a nice salad, tortellini with pesto and cheese and a creamy tomato chicken tortellini and a nice fruit salad...yeah, all for lunch! (I hate it when they bring "dinner".) I ate a huge salad with about 1T dressing, 1 piece of bread and about 1/2 cup of the pasta dishes. Picked out more of the chicken than the pasta. It went fine. A higher calorie lunch that I aim for though. I need to bring a backup lunch when I know that this is happening. My weight is fine today...

That's so nice your ortho noticed your weight!! WTG!

mj5
09-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Good Morning! My knee feels much better already, not great, but much better. I am going to do pretty much the same thing tomorrow, so hopefully I will be ready to get back to the gym tomorrow. Oh--my ortho told me NOT to workout until at least Monday. So, since it has been a 'drs order', I decided that as long as I followed everything else in my 'plan' I would still give myself a sticker for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday--even though I didn't exercise. So far I have done really well w/ healthy food choices and have been over my water goal every day. What do you think?

Nori--I sounds like you did great at lunch! Italian food is one of my downfalls....a backup lunch sounds like a great idea. I have a 'lunch' meeting on Thursday and it's always junky food, so I am going to eat my lunch before I go. I have to present at the meeting, so I don't want to be eating while I try to present anyway.

How is everyone else? Hopefully resting up and feeling better!!!

Last night we went to my brother and sil's for my nephew's bday party. I ate a super healthy dinner before we went (lots of roasted veggies and some brown rice). I was not at all tempted by all of the snacks--chips, etc. I did have one bite of a cookie that my 10 y/o niece made all by herself and was very proud of--she has spends time w/ me sometimes to learn how to bake--I took one cookie, took a bite and then handed it off to dh when she wasn't looking. It was very good, but I really didn't want it, but she was SO proud of herself!!! I passed on the cake and ice cream--it was store bought cake and cheap ice cream--didn't even sound good to me. If I am going to 'treat' myself with something sweet, I want something good. When I came home, I had a dish of watermelon. The nice thing is, I didn't even have to think about any of this. Now, I know, it certainly isn't always this easy, but I SO wish it was!!!

The next two weeks can be a bit tricky...both dh's bday and my bday are a week apart and we each cook for the other and usually have a family gathering of some sort. Dh wants lasagna which is no problem--not one of my favorites, except for the garlic bread he wants to have w/ it. I will just make a little bit. The cake he would like isn't a favorite of mine either, so no big deal there either and he can take the leftovers to work w/ him. Now, I just have to decide what I would like him to make for me......

Wow, guess I am pretty chatty this am!!!!

Have a great OP day!

Schmoodle
09-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Good morning chicks!
We did go to the picnic yesterday and the kids had a blast, although it was hot as blazes and very humid and I was pretty beat by the end of the day. At least it was warm enough for them to enjoy the water park. On the way home we stopped and had dinner at Sakura, and I had the veggie dinner and ate most of the lobster tail from DD's dinner, which she didn't like with their sauce on it. Food at the picnic was not great. I knew from last year that most of it would not be on plan, so I ate a big breakfast and took some snacks for me, but I was counting on them having veggie burgers there - they did, but they were out by the time I got to them. So I ate a little pulled pork and brisket for the protein. Well, can't call it an on-plan day, but I did the best I could and this morning the scale is down some for my monthly post-TOM loss. I am going to wait a few days before I change the ticker and see what the real total is - I think I must be retaining some water from yesterday, and I'm hoping for more poundage.

Today I need to catch up on chores around here and make the kids do the same. Maybe dinner with friends, crabs if I can talk them into it (shouldn't take too much talking). That won't help with the water retention issue, but I'll drink it off over the next few days.
I booked the trip to Orlando, so I also need to work on organizing the details. It's only a month away. I'm excited, I love the parks!!

Today's Plan:

B: skim latte, oatmeal with sliced pear and walnuts
S: cheese stick
L: skillet eggplant lasagna, warm spinach salad
S: triscuits with LCLC (only if I need something)
D: steamed crabs, deviled eggs, green salad, pear and apple sauce
S: yogurt or cottage cheese

mj, glad the knee is feeling better. Of course you deserve a sticker! You are doing great!
ginger, enjoy your weekend family time!
nori, sounds like you did a good job given your choices at the lunch. Sometimes we just have to deal with life and move on, don't we? In those cases I don't think the alternative (starving) is the better option.

Enjoy your day, accountability chicks!

Beverlyjoy
09-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi chickies...sorry to be MIA - I pulled a muscle in my back on Friday. I am such a walking 'clutz'., sometimes. Ya know that song..."The old gray mare just ain't what she used to be"? - sometimes, I think that's me. My eating was not on plan . But, I am feeling better and planning for a good day today.

staying home and hanging with DH today

lots of water
gentle stretches
ice/heat
log food
meditation

breakfast = egg white scramble, ketchup, grapes, pnb toast
lunch - smoked turkey and lite cheese sandwich, open face, veggies and dip
snack - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana
dinner - boca, lettuce tomato open face
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, raisins, milk

Mj - I am so glad the doctor noticed and had good comments on your WL. Glad your knee is feeling better. WOW...you did great at the party..fantastic.

Schmoodle - sounds like you approach the party with good tools to help you get thru. Life throws us so many food cirmcumstance to deal with. Your trip to Orlando sounds GREAT.

Nori - you are facing those lunches well. Good for you!!!

Ginger - so glad you are feeling a bit better.

Hi to Lyn and Rhonda. Have a good day,everyone.

mj5
09-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Schmoodle--Glad to hear you felt up to going to the picnic. Sounds like you had fun, even though it was super hot. It was like that here yesterday and worse today. Then we are supposed to get back to 'normal' fall weather--that works for me! Mmm crabs for dinner, sounds yummy!

Beverlyjoy--Oh no! Are you ok?! Take care of yourself!

I am going to paint my nails, take my pain meds, and then relax w/ the dogs.

I'll probably check in later, but just in case my posts don't make any sense later....it's the pain meds! LOL!