Old 09-08-2008, 12:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5 ft tall

Default looking for a good workout for a mom

stay at home mom with a 2 yo here, been trying to start slowly doing stretching and all that the basic push ups and sit ups and all that but are there any up beat tapes/dvd's out there that I would enjoy with my toddler being in the room she likes to dance along to music and need something that she won't totally hate so I'll actually have time to finish...

an all over work out is what I'd be aiming for...

someone recommended the richard simmons videos at one point but aren't they a bit dated ... any input would be great
MidwestMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #2  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

there is a thread on here for turbo jam--- check that out --- i have yet to try it but i want to get into that -- i'm sure the toddler would love it too--- i'm doing the shred with a 8 month old in the room and he just does his thing and laughs at me too--but at least he lets me do it for the most part--- so try borrowing some dvds from the library and seeing which ones you could stick to before you buy that way you are less likely to get stuck with workout dvds that you dont use==
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6.5

I really like the Barry Bootcamp DVDs. Good all over body work out. You get a longer ball and those stretchy hand things. While there isn't a lot of music or whatever, I give my daughter (who is 16M) whatever I'm done with. (Each exercise is one min and then you use something else the next min.) She finds it fun to play with the big ball or hold the stretch weight things when I'm doing the next exercise. (I've slacked using them though because I've been doing the C25K that I found on here.)
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:33 AM   #4  
To Be Fit

S/C/G: 130/127/110

Height: 5'0''

Default The FIRM

I bought the FIRM Body Sculpting System with Fanny Lifter off of EBay a couple of months ago or so. I made my decision after much research and especially comments on this website.

My six-year old son has become my personal trainer. He is very type A so won't let me fast-forward. Also, won't let me exercise without him! The only way I can is if he is out of the house. He repeats the instructions from the instructor to me. He doesn't do most of the exercises himself anymore though the ones he does he will do every time without fail (like push-ups and sit-ups and breathing) It is so cute.

I love this system and from my experience it is very kid-friendly!
nolemom is offline   Reply With Quote