Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-07-2008, 01:16 PM   #1  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Default Stepping Up Weight Loss - Need Advice

Hey everyone!

I need advice on stepping up my weight loss. It seems that I lose sooooo slow. I only lose weight at about <1lb/week. I hardly ever seem to lose more than 1 pound. I've been weighing myself daily since Thursday to see how my weight fluctuates, and I hardly see a significant loss.

I dont want to starve myself. I eat the correct calories or less on the majority of days. I exercise almost everyday. However, between joining 3FC (173) and today (164.5), I've only lost 8.5lbs. I've been here for 2 months.

Is there any advice on how to lose more weight per week? I'm not getting discouraged or giving up, I just want tips on getting the weight off faster - safely.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Do you exercise? If not, you really should start. Muscle is what actually burns your fat, so the more muscle you build the more you will burn even while just sitting and sleeping! Exercise also tones your muscles so you will look better as the fat leaves from around them...and it boosts your metabolism and improves mood.

I found when I started exercise that I need to eat more calories, but I lose a lot quicker when I am consistent and improving my cardiovascular health. I get a good mix of weights and strength training, and a ton of cardio for best results.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 09-07-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! 1 pound a week is a perfectly respectable rate of loss! It means you're doing it the right way.

I agree with Purplefirefly that increasing physical activity and muscle is a good way to increase your calorie burn. You may be able to get closer to 2 pounds a week with regular, almost daily exercise.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

8.5 lbs over 2 months is 1 lb per week, which is an excellent rate of weight loss, especially for someone who has only 30 lbs to lose. I don't think you can expect to lose weight a whole lot quicker than that. That's the rate at which I lost weight until I got within 10 lbs of my goal, at which point my loss slowed considerably. I know it feels agonizingly slow, but it's actually a very good rate of loss (I remember that it felt like I would never get to goal, but I did get there eventually). Those stories you hear of people losing a lot faster are often for people with a lot more weight to lose than you (and who are under a doctor's supervision). You are doing fabulous--keep at it and you'll get to your goal.

You won't necessarily see a lot of change from day to day on the scale. My scale only weighs in .5 lb increments, so my weight has to change by .5 lbs before I see it on the scale. If it's frustrating for you to not see progress every time you get on the scale, maybe you should try weighing yourself just once a week.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 09-07-2008 at 03:37 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #5  
Nature Photographer

S/C/G: 144.6/143/120

Height: 5'0

Red face losing weight per week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
Hey everyone!

I need advice on stepping up my weight loss. It seems that I lose sooooo slow. I only lose weight at about <1lb/week. I hardly ever seem to lose more than 1 pound. I've been weighing myself daily since Thursday to see how my weight fluctuates, and I hardly see a significant loss.

I dont want to starve myself. I eat the correct calories or less on the majority of days. I exercise almost everyday. However, between joining 3FC (173) and today (164.5), I've only lost 8.5lbs. I've been here for 2 months.

Is there any advice on how to lose more weight per week? I'm not getting discouraged or giving up, I just want tips on getting the weight off faster - safely.
I don't know what you eat. but what you eat also affects how fast you can lose your weight...if you drink soda's...stop now, start drinking healthy tea such as black tea, green tea and other teas with anti oxidents...don't eat fastfood....eat more fish as it contains healthy Omega3 fats that our body needs..don't fry your food and eat your veggies-be sure to eat 3-4 times per day (small meals) that also helps to alleviate your digestion problems)and get plenty of sleep.

You don't want to dramatically lose weight..that's not healthy for your body...look at about a 3-6 months to get a good amount of weight off yourself. 8lbs in 2 months is good...keep it up and you will soon see more pounds coming off.

Also, remember the first 10lbs might also just be water weight that you're losing and you have to work hard to really get the fat off you...I remember when i was keeping up with the Biggest loser and the lady had lost 15lbs the first couple weeks...after that it was at the most 1lb per week...Good luck and I hope I could help!
findingmyzen is offline   Reply With Quote