General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-07-2008, 06:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Help my cap fell off my front tooth

Any ideas on what I can do before I can get in to see the dentist? I;m supposed to sing at church today and have lunch with friends!
Amy

Last edited by HisBeloved; 09-07-2008 at 06:44 AM.
HisBeloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I think I've heard ads in the past for a temporary cap replacement that you can buy at a drug store. Try calling a few and see if they carry something that might help. Good luck!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #3  

When my crown fell out, I bought some Fix-o-dent (the stuff they use to hold in dentures). It comes in a tube. Just squeeze a little bit into the crown and insert it back in your mouth. I would be very careful with what I eat for lunch. Make sure you cut the food into pieces and put it into your mouth, rather than biting into it with your front teeth. Also, take the crown out of your mouth at night. You don't want to swallow it when you are sleeping!
Oh, one more thing...take the fix-o-dent along w/you today in case the crown starts to come loose. Then you can always run into the bathroom and fix it again!
losinslowlyinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/176/150

My fear is that i'll be up there singing my solo and the tooth will come flying out of my mouth lol, that would shock a few of the old timers ;-)
HisBeloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Fixodent or Polident can be purchased at any drug store, both used to hold dentures in place, should hold temporarily.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #6  

I use Fixodent myself -- I have two fake teeth right in front (grade school injury ). One of them falls out probably once a year -- Fioxdent will hold it in for a few days but I do pop it out anyway when I eat/sleep just so I won't swallow it. Good luck.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/204/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm a dental hygienist. They do sell a temporary cement in the bigger pharmacies. Just follow the instructions. Make certain that your own tooth is CLEAN and inside the cap is clean before you cement it back on. See your dentist TOMORROW if you can !!
Suzy
Suzzyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #8  

Wow I can so relate to this !! In high school I had it happen so many times. I even swallowed one cap. I still have nightmares about it!!!! I have used dental wax to hold on a cap until i could get to the dentist..it also works good if you lose a filling.Good luck!!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote