30-Somethings - 30 Something Weekend Chat, 9/6 & 9/7

poppyseeds
09-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Happy saturday!!

10 week weigh in this morning has me down another 2.4 pounds for a total of .................. 14.8!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

It pays to hang in there even thru the slow 0.2 losses... so glad I did!! My sparkpeople.com page has really kept me on track. I still enjoy logging my food and fitness too. It helps me see what I'm actually doing each day. Yes it takes some time bt well worth it.

Up early again today. DS had to be in work by 7:30 so I got up to drive him because I'm a good mother!! LOL

Up and at em people!!! {{{giggle}}}

:hug:

LBH
09-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Mornin' All!

It's really humid and gross this AM. I heard some rain on the awning early this AM, but it was very brief. We're supposed to have a town picnic today, but I'm not sure if it's oing to be rained out or not. Rain days are tomorrow or next Saturday. Well, we've got until 1:00 to see if it's happening! :lol:

Have a great day all!

SBD Sass
09-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi everybody. I'm Sass and new here. I'm 30 years old and I will never be 29 again and that's OK because I love being 30!

Today is shopping day and I got my list and coupons together already. I will be paying a visit to Whole Foods, Costco, the regular market and Wal-mart so that's getting a lot of exercise in.

It's nice to meet you all.

poppyseeds
09-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi Sass!! Welcome to 3FC!! Everyone here is great and very supportive so you are in the right place.

You should also check out sparkpeople.com ... They have food and fitness journals and lots of information on making a healthy lifestyle. It's been very helpful to me over the past 10 weeks.

Best of luck to you!! :)

LBH
09-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Sass, :welcome2: (I think you have your numbers mixed up in your profile nubmers!) :D Have fun shopping for healthy stuff today!

SBD Sass
09-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Sass, :welcome2: (I think you have your numbers mixed up in your profile nubmers!) :D Have fun shopping for healthy stuff today!

Oh my. I'm used to writing 200 some odd lbs. I gotta get used to the 100 and some odd lbs. now. :D Thank you for pointing that out. Going to change that right now.

I signed over on SparkPeople but I can't get with the setup. I find it complicated. Maybe I should play with it a little more.

And thanks to those who have welcomed me so far Thanks!!!

poppyseeds
09-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Sparkpeople is a little overwhelming at first because there's so much there. It took me no more than a couple of days to get it sorted out... Have fun with it!

happy2be
09-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi all!
:welcome3: Sass! this is the best place to be!!!

Valerie :congratulations: on the loss, that is great!

Lauren stay indoor w/the AC on!

I am planning on doing nothing today, I am hurting pretty bad today my whole body is just achy, I hate feeling like this. It is very hot, I am staying in the house and the a/c running!
I will see you guys later

Hanna

rileyozzy
09-06-2008, 03:00 PM
It is suppose to be over 100 today. Ahh...I better get to my running soon. Hope you all have a great day!!

Kofarq
09-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Good Job, Poppy!
Welcome, Sass!
I just took the folks to the airport this morning. Wow. That was the busiest two weeks of my life!! Thank goodness I had so many people to help out, I'd have never pulled the Wedding off without them. I have a bunch of photos, but they're all tiny with crap resolution, so I have to figure out how to get the ones off the CD, and transfer them to the computer, so I can show off! Any ideas??
I have so much laundry to do, and the kitchen is a mess. Have a great day!

KarenK
09-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi guys. I got in my wii workout today. I earned some more difficult aerobic workouts so I concentrated on those. They have a hula exercise that can really make you tired! LOL. I also did step and running. It was a nice workout for couch potato me!

We went out for a little while and just as we were getting back in the car the hard rain hit. It rained just long enough to get me soaking wet before settling back down. We are still waiting for the worst of Hanna to get here. Later this afternoon/evening is supposed to be the worst.

Poppy: Good job on the loss. That is awesome. And you deserve an honorable mention for getting up early to take DS to work!

Lauren: Did you make the picnic?

Sass: Welcome. How was shopping?

Hanna: Sorry you are feeling so yucky today. I hope you feel better soon. Good job staying in the A/C.

riley: Did you get your workout in?

Kofarq: I think you just copy the pics from the CD to the computer. Good luck getting the place cleaned up!

OK, gotta go help corral the kids. Have a great Saturday!

SBD Sass
09-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Sparkpeople is a little overwhelming at first because there's so much there. It took me no more than a couple of days to get it sorted out... Have fun with it!

I'll take another shot at it. :D

Hi all!
:welcome3: Sass! this is the best place to be!!!

Hanna

Thanks!

Good Job, Poppy!
Welcome, Sass!
I just took the folks to the airport this morning. Wow. That was the busiest two weeks of my life!! Thank goodness I had so many people to help out, I'd have never pulled the Wedding off without them. I have a bunch of photos, but they're all tiny with crap resolution, so I have to figure out how to get the ones off the CD, and transfer them to the computer, so I can show off! Any ideas??
I have so much laundry to do, and the kitchen is a mess. Have a great day!

Thanks and congrats!

I got in my wii workout today. I
Sass: Welcome. How was shopping?

Still no Wiis in my area :(.

Coudn't shop after all. Hanna has got us held hostage in our house. It's raining and flooding cats and dogs here in Jersey.

mcmommy2
09-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi all...So I see it has taken me several days to get back on here and then I just can't keep up. I went back to sparkpeople too today. My newest goals are to visit these sites at least every other day to keep up and keep motivated!

I have already had three parents want to set up conference time and it was just the first week of school! I completely understand that they worry about their children and they are going to make it along but sometimes I wish they would trust me, let me prove myself first and then make the judgements...the good news is that word is circulating around the community pool that I am good sped teacher to have...(two parents told me that) so that is making me feel a little better.

It rained all day today and has finally stopped. Hurricane Hanna certainly did a nice little number even in Virginia.

Even with the hectic pace of school starting, I managed to lose again and am finally down to 192.6...but can anyone tell me how to move my ticker without going in and making a whole new ticker each time...I am not sure how to do it...Well, I hope all are enjoying the weekend...even if you are getting the rain. Take care, Erin

RoadRunner
09-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Hello folks!!!
I am an old member that has not been here in almost a year!! I still see familiar faces.;);)
We have been without electricity since Monday Sept 1(Thanks to Hurricane Gustav) so it is a good day!! It came on a little while yesterday but went off again, hopefully sleeping in 100 degree night weather is done!:dizzy::dizzy:
Hopefully I can gas up the car without a 3 hour wait. No one has any dairy products/frozen foods and it isnt worth the 5 people in the store when 5 comes out with the generator running, and the store dark and wet.Plus with no traffic lights, you dont get anywhere fast.We are trying to find someone to cut a tree that split in half and fell on the carport before Ike heads this way and the rest hits the house. This has been a mess but I am thankful it didnt do anymore damage.

Well, I started the gym again(week before the hurricane) so have to get back into it as soon as their electricity is back. I am back for motivation. I kept the weight off from before almost a year and then have slipped the last 9 months.
Hello to the New faces!!! and the "old" ones!!!
Have a great day!!!
RR

LBH
09-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Mornin' All!

RR, Welcome back! Hope you don't get hit too hard with Ike.

Karen, the picnic was held over until today, and it's gorgeous out, so we're happy! It's from 1-5. It poured something awful all afternoon and evening yesterday. Part of my side yard was had a little river running through it!

Hanna, I don't have A/C! We had a window unit in the bedroom over the summer, but DH took it out a couple weeks ago, because it was getting cool enough to sleep with just the fans.

Have a great day all!

lppennington
09-07-2008, 12:08 PM
RR, welcome back. I was wondering how you were faring.

Lisa

lois lane
09-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Morning everyone!

RR, good to see you and sorry about all the troubles with the weather. Fingers crossed you guys don't get hit again!

Kerri, how old is your SD? My DD is 13 and shes very independent, I thought you had said yours was around that age. I guess all kids are different though.

Lauren and Karen, such cute pics of your boys.

Erin, thats funny about the parents wanting teacher conferences. I've already had to send a note to school for DS. It's more for him because I think hes overwhelmed.

Hello to everyone else! I am very cranky today, as I always am when I get back from work, nothing new. Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Alicia

mist72
09-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Happy Weekend All!

With all of this talk about Gustav, Hanna & Ike, I'm glad I'm in the NW and just have to worry about earthquakes! lol
Really, I hope everyone is doing okay. My best friend recently moved to Baton Rouge. I saw some pics she took near her home and really have to admire those who live in hurricane central!

I'm babysitting my nephew today and was up early. I'm so tired. And I have to go back to work tomorrow after having a week & a half off!

KarenK
09-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Good afternoon chicks! It's a beautiful day here in NJ.

I've gotten in my wii fit workout. I opened a new aerobic activity (the more time you put in, the more exercises you unlock) that was trying for 800 steps in 8 min. I got over 900!! I felt pretty good about that, but, man!, my legs are tired! LOL. The review I read about wii fit said it would never be enough to get you in shape. Well, maybe not for the average joe, but for this couch potato it is doing a pretty good job of working me out! It's almost as much fun as having a workout partner. It changes activities often enough that I don't get bored and start wondering what time it is, when is this going to be over (well, to be honest, during the 900 steps I was beginning to wonder how much longer I would be able to go!), etc.

Sass: Hey Jersey girl! There are a few of us here from NJ. Hope you survived Hanna OK.

Erin: Congrats on the loss!! And, AWESOME on being known as a great teacher. I have to say, that as a new school mom I am so anxious about how my son is doing. He's away from me for the first time and I want to know if he's behaving, etc! I'm being patient tho. We have open house on the 22nd so I'll find out then.

RR: Welcome back!! It's nice to see you again. I think of you all the time now that Imagination Movers is on Disney. Did K start school this year?

Lauren: Hope you have/had a good time at the picnic. It is a gorgeous day out there.

Alicia: Thanks, I think the boys are cute too! Hope the crankies have subsided for you.

Mist72: Hope you get a nap this afternoon!

We are off to GameStop to get a silicone cover for the balance board. It's shocking how dirty it's gotten in just a few days. Hope you all are having a super great Sunday.

happy2be
09-07-2008, 04:40 PM
hi everyone!

Karen good job exercising! good for you!

Kori I am glad you had a nice time, congratulation on the wedding, did it feel like it went all to fast after all the preparing for it? I bet you were a beautiful bride! I wish I could give you advise on the organizing but I am not good at that kind of organizing myself.

Sass stay safe!

Hi RR! so good to see you again, how are things going for you, did things mellow out at home w/DH and SD??

Well I didn't do anything yesterday, I was feeling pretty crabby, a friend of mine came over and we BBQ'd burgers it was really good, that was the highlight of my day. Today I didn't get out of bed till 11:30 it felt so good to be able to sleep in, but unfortunately I woke up feeling worst, like a truck ran over me :yikes: I don't know what to do about it and I am tired of feeling like this, I am not or I should say I was not a home buddy! I love to be out and about but I just can't this days!
I am home today DH is working I hope he gets off work early!
See you guys later

Hanna

happy2be
09-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I am sorry I didn't see the other posts!
Hi Alicia! sorry you are cranky do something nice for yourself, take an long bath, or get a manicure or just go out for a walk. I hope you feel better!

Hi Lisa, I hope you are not working too hard!

Misty get some rest! sorry you have to go back to work!
enjoy your nephew!

Hanna

mcmommy2
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey guys...sun is finally out and we are enjoying our Sunday.

Lois Lane- I understand parent concern...I also understand how overwhelming things can be but I try to be there from the start with those kids, I have already made them organizational systems and saw my small groups this first week. Alot of SPED don't, they feel they should be getting used to their gen. ed. classes, but I think they need the support from the get go! I hope your son gets feeling at ease soon!

I hope you all are doing well and eating well...I am trying hard. My hubby made dinner tonight, chili and cornbread...it was yummy and I tried to stay good.

Have a good night and hopefully a good week!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-07-2008, 08:11 PM
evening all..well i had a blast in my motorcycle class. It was soo much fun. And best off..i passed the written and driving test, so now i can just go and get my new license tomorrow and i'm legit. DH and i had a fun time with the class and learned a alot

Hannah-sorry to hear you are feeling sore.

RR-welcome back...we missed ya. Hope the next hurricane doesn't make it your way

sass- welcome.

Alright all..i'm off time for a shower. i'm sweaty ad stinky (:

Kofarq
09-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Thank you, Happy! I am really tired, and have been for a few days, probably because all the rush-rush. I can't figure out how to transfer photos from the cd onto the computer. I put it in and nothing happens. I have promises from people to email me pics, but nothing so far. I tried downloading pics from the Husband's facebook, but they will only go onto my desktop and resolution is crapulent. Criminy!!

happy2be
09-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Kori if you have a PC insert the disc in then on the bottom of the computer press the start button and look in the menu for run, or go on "my computer" and open the drive where the CD with the photos are. You should have a program on your computer to view pictures it may ask you for the program you want to use to open the photos with select the one you know. click on edit, select all and copy them to a file. That's what I would do.
Hanna

happy2be
09-08-2008, 12:52 AM
GG I am terrified of motorcycles! wouldn't even think of getting on one! LOL

Have a good week everyone!
Hanna