Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #1  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

Question 24.2 pounds to go and need advice!?

So I have 24.2 pounds left to lose and only 60 days left to lose it in... that gives me about 8 weeks... I need some advice on how to lose it and also tone up at the same time! I walk 2.5 miles a day and am still on weight watchers eating about 23 points a day... Is there any food groups I should focus on and others I should avoid? I have an elliptical and a stationary bike and have a few workout videos from youtube that I occasionally do. I tried making a food plan for myself and I have no nutritional knowledge at all... I also have a layer of fat to still burn off... I'm more interested in burning off the fat... so I'm not so giggly! lol Any advice will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

That's a pretty high expectation for only 8 weeks. Realistically you should be hoping to lose 8-16 pounds in that time. I don't believe in cutting carbs or anything like that, but you should avoid unhealthy things that are high in saturated fat (or really too high in fat in general), refined (white) carbs, fried things, etc. Just eat a well balanced "pyramid" style diet while keeping your calorie in less than calories out. www.fitday.com is a great site for tracking your calories and it will give you your macronutrient breakdown. Make sure your getting a good amount of protein and a healthy amount of fats which is generally below 30%, some say 20%. Keep doing your cardio and lifting weights would be a great addition, especially if you aren't already doing it. If you look online or browse at a bookstore there are MANY at home workouts you can do with minimal equipment, usually just some dumbbells and a ball or mat. One book I would recommend is 101 Workouts for Women. It has a ton of plans including lots of at home ones. Lots of great pictures and instructions as well.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:18 AM   #3  
I LOVE my furbabies!

Thanks for the response... I know it's a high expectation but in the beginning of ww's i lost about 4 pounds a week for a while... And I've been slacking a bit here and there so I'm hoping if I up my cardio and focus on what i'm eating and really really balance it out I might be able to do it... But i won't hold my breath or do anything drastic to get there... I feel good now and would like to get down to 160 for the bahamas but if I don't I'm still 32 plus pounds lighter than i was in April!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #4  
Rah Rah Red Team!

S/C/G: 188/181/135

Height: 5'7"

Most of the weight you lose during the first part of any diet is going to be water (which sucks because it is gratifying to see the numbers drop like that : ). Maybe instead of focusing on a weight goal for your trip, go for an outfit that you want to wear (Bahamas = bikini! Yea!) because, even though you'll know, no one is going to see your weight (as you see it on the scale). Cardio is good for fat burning, light weight training is good for tone, and good nutrition is good for everything! Good luck with your goals, and big on what you've already accomplished!
LakeEffectKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:13 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

focus on loosing as much as you can....
but be happy ultimately becuase you will still look better than you did when you started....
you should feel healthier cos you are lighter....
whats more u shud just go and have....
dont dwell on weight....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Maybe during your workouts on the eliptical and bike you could try intervals. They work way better at getting your heart rate up and burn more calories in a shorter amount of time.

So: 2 mins. level 5 and 1 minute level 9 (for instance) you can see whats best for your ability ect.

Last edited by i am still trying; 09-05-2008 at 09:04 AM.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #7  
I LOVE my furbabies!

Ok so needless to say-- I didn't make my goal! But I do feel great and can't wait to get to the bahamas! I leave in 9 days! I have been terrible following my diet and i have put on 3 pounds... which is nothing to what i was-- I want to thank everyone for your support and ideas! I need to get back on program and back on here like i was! I've been MIA for a while now and it's hurt me b/c i have no one to keep me in line! So hopefully after the bahamas i'll be back on program and ready to get down to my goal!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:34 AM   #8  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

HAVE FUN IN THE BAHAMAS!

Don't stress about not making your goal. They'll be plenty of time in the future to strut your stuff when you lose that weight and keep it off forever!

When you get home, get'cher booty back on 3FC, and we'll help re-motivate you!

Have fun!!!!!!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/237.8/165

Height: 5'7"

I agree.. Just lose as much as you can just don't beat yourself up if you don't reach your goal.. most people lose a lot a first but it slows down.. I'm just on my second week but I've done lots of other diets and I've noticed for the first month I usually lose a lot if I stick to it then its slows down (and that's when I always stop) but hang in there.. enjoy your trip and just come up and get the rest off!!
I will not fail is offline   Reply With Quote