30-Somethings - Week of April 7th!

View Full Version : Week of April 7th!

Pryia
04-07-2002, 09:51 AM
Good Morning all:
Well I was going to go for a walk this am. But it is raining way to hard. I mean really pouring out there.

We are headed to the ball game today. Thank goodness we have a roof. Otherwise there would be no game today.

Not much else to say. I need to get all the candy out of here. It is to tempting and I was in it yesterday. But I am going to take it out of the dish and put it up in a cupboard. I know that will help me make a better choice next time.

Back to work for me tomorrow. I sure did enjoy my 5 days off. Next vacation July 1. 12 weeks to go!!

P

RoadRunner
04-07-2002, 10:38 AM
Good MOrning!!!WOW...I needed that other hour this morning!!!

Tech--Yeah Gophers!!!I was surprised it was on here also!!!Since I didnt know any team I was glad for whoever won!!!!TRied to watch the Redwings next but fell asleep..Refman taped it soo I will not look to see who won yet!!!
Good Luck on the job hunt!!!!

Pryia--Hello again!!!Enjoy that rainy day!!!

The weather here is beautiful!!!We took the kids to the Tabasco plant yesterday and had a picnic!!!!!My sinuses are now wide open with all that pepper smell!!!!!

Well, off to find something exciting to do today..Maybe we will picnic again and visit Antebellum houses!!!!!
Have a great day everyone!!!!
RR

Backfor 2002
04-07-2002, 02:33 PM
Hi,

Pryia, Way to go on getting back to WW. Have fun at the game. Your new stadium is very nice.

Bailey, Way to go on the baggy 10's. It sounds like FL was fun. Good job on all the exercise.
I dream of winning the lottery all the time. I don't get tickets very often because I convince myself I am going to win and then the let down is horrible...

Vick, Enjoy that nice weather. I wish I could wrinkle my nose and be there enjoying it. This is the time of year that I start to get very cranky about the gray skyes here. I am definately a sunshine person.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone. I think I am going to curl up on the couch with my new Nora Roberts book.

BigPhatBooty
04-07-2002, 02:43 PM
Morning all

As Pyria can testify, I was up for most of the night, posting on 3FC and browsing in general. For the past couple of nights I have been waking up at around 2.30am and not been able to get back to sleep until 5am. Well I beat my record this morning 'cause I didn't go back to bed until 7am.

I am starting to get back on plan with the exercising, but seem to be going over my points on most days and unfortunately when I look back they seem to be wasted points, i.e high value for almost nothing. Hopefully now the weather is getting better I will be indulging in more fruit and salad.

My temporary assignment is still going ok - although I have to admit that I am still not keen on my co-worker. She is the type that farms out the work she doesn't like, but takes credit for it. Strange place, there seems to be little direct communication and I just can't be bothered to be proactive with my boss - totally wasted effort, so I just go in, do my hours and leave. Apparently the job market is starting to pick up again, so hopefully something will be on the horizon soon and I won't have to deal with it any more. I'm working for PwC by the way and even the FT staff I am working with are complaining about the number of job losses, but the company will pay outside contractors £10k a month, but won't increase the pay for permanent staff.

Sorry if that was a bit of a moan, hopefully I haven't put a downer on everything.

Starting back inlining this week with hubby - so if you don't hear from me after Wednesday, it will be because I am too sore to do anything :lol:

Oh someone posted last week about Changing Rooms and Ground Force - think it was Lyssalou? Watch out for Laurence Llewellyn Bowen (dresses like a dandy) and the room that they did in red, black and zebra stripes that the ownerd described as looking like a "t@rts boudoir". I guess you guys have the equivalent over there, but I bet there is more money in the budget.
Take care everyone :D

Rabbit
04-07-2002, 04:23 PM
hello!

My internet connection was screwy yesterday and I could not get on here - very frustrating!

I overdid it on points the last 2 days - but here is the good thing - I THREW THE CHOCOLATE AWAY! I am so proud of myself.:smug: One day I threw away the remainder of the Easter candy and the next day, the chocolate chips. I don't need them here.

Liz - hope you had a great weekend and are feeling better!

Tech - good luck on your job decision. Not an easy one to make.

Nanci - WOOHOO FOR YOU ON THE LOSS! Your continued success is very inspiring. (don't let the dh loss get you down). ~ And about the exercise - send those pigs flying!! ~ Enjoy your book today. I'm reading Harry Potter #4 now - great books.:)

Pryia - congrats on joining ww!! ~ Hope you enjoyed the ballgame.

Bailey - I miss you! ~ Hooray for all the awesome exercise! And on the baggy 10's! I understand what you mean about spending $$ on sizes you hope to grow out of, but here's something to consider. I've had that issue also on the way down. But then when I would finally break down & buy something that fit, I was always so glad I did. I think I looked thinner & better in the clothes that fit, and that just inspired me to keep going. I just buy enough to get by. ~ As for the smoking thing, I quit smoking 3.5 years ago & what really helped me was Zyban (I call it the miracle drug) and I also used the patches. I agree with your thoughts that you really have to be ready.

I like the 'Act as if . . .' !

Bpb - sorry about your lack of sleep!:yawn: ~ Enjoy your inlining with dh.

better go. Rabbit
231.50 miles
**eat healthy!

lyssalou
04-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Hi all, I have had a rough couple of days! Been really down. Last night was no help!!! Dh's birthday was last week, and mom & step-father took us out to eat last night for it. I am very serious about not blowing my diet at all until I reach my target weight. I know that isn't for every one, but that is my commitment to me. Any way, my mom is not sympathetic, and that made last nights dinner very difficult. I came home really feeling bad about even having to loose my weight. I can't loose this weight fast enough. But the good news is that I wore a skirt that I haven't worn in 5 1/2 years!!!

Pryia - I hope you enjoyed the game.

RR - Sounds like you all had a great time with picnicing. It has been unseasonably cold around here, and it rained today. I can't wait until we have better weather so we can get out and do more stuff.

Nanci - How was the book?

I hope you all have a great week!!!

BPB - I don't think that was me, about the changing rooms, but it sounds interesting. Have fun inlining. I would love to re-learn skating.

Rabbit - WTG on throwing the chocolate away.

KarenK
04-07-2002, 11:42 PM
Hi guys. It's been a really long time since I was here. I have been lurking for awhile but haven't had the gumption to get back in the swing of things. I have done absolutely horrible with my weight. I put back on the whole 35 pounds I lost plus about 7 more. Sigh. I wish I could say I don't know how that happened, but I do. I ate like a :ink: , that's how. I was sick with the stomach bug this past week and wasn't able to eat anything, even water went right through. I can't eat much so I decided that this was a golden opportunity and since the guy upstairs helped with the 4 days of stomach shrinking I was going to do my best to do my part and not overdo. We were at a friends bd party tonight and I only ate one piece of pizza which is a super duper improvement for me.

DH and I have started a new hobby called geocaching which is sorta like a scavanger hunt but done by adults with GPS receivers out in the woods. People hide containers then you go find them. We have been doing some pretty difficult hiking (well, for a normal person they aren't THAT difficult but for tubbo they are moderately difficult). We have been doing from 2 to 5 miles per weekend. That is the only exercise I am getting. I still have six more months of school and with that, working full time and learning how to raise a puppy............I'm bushed!! I don't have a clue how you guys with kids find time or, more importantly, the ENERGY to work out. I have also recently been diagnosed with possibly having asthma which does not help my working out problemo. I have one more test on Thursday which is supposed to be the definitive one. I have a question for those of you who started workout programs being in not so great shape. Do you feel like you can't get your breath and that you want to throw up with only moderate effort? Like a dumbbunny I can't remember to ask the doc about that one.

I can't go to WW anymore because of school, so I think I will try to post losses and gains here. I haven't weighed since being sick, but prior to last week my weight was 224. Wow, that was hard to write. I will weigh in the am and post tomorrow.

Thanks guys!! Have a good Monday.

Karen

Backfor 2002
04-08-2002, 12:08 AM
I have a severe case of the Sunday night blues. I am really dreading the work week. It seems that a lot of us a really struggling with our jobs at this time. Maybe we need to start making some goals about changing that as well.

Lyssalou, I am sorry that your Mom is not supportive. That makes it hard. Remember you are doing it for you.
The book was good. It was a nice way to spend the day.

Rabbit, Congrats on throwing out that chocolate. I am so PROUD of you! I keep meaning to read the Harry Potter books and have not done it yet. Maybe I will get them and take them to Mexico with me.

BPB, I am sorry you are having trouble sleeping. That is the worst.

Karen, Welcome back. I have not had the feeling that I was going to puke from exercising. The only time I have a hard time catching my breath is if I am really working hard. I would check with your Dr.

See ya
Nanci

lizzard_h
04-08-2002, 09:48 AM
Hi everyone!!
Just gonna write a quick note to myself to try and refocus -- I'm hoping if I see it posted I'll try harder to stick with it.

First a confession...I totally lost control this weekend and ate everything I could fit into my mouth. It wasn't pretty!! I even hit the McD's drivethru for cheesy greasy fast food. I don't know what got into me but I think it's over with now.

I'm setting some small goals for myself this week.
1. Get to the gym every morning
2. Take a 15-30 min walk after lunch and dinner
3. No soda until Friday -- only water
4. Stay within or close to my points range

I feel like I was making good progress but the last 2-3 weeks I have hit the wall (more like the fridge!!).

I promise to myself to do this!!!!!!!

elisa822
04-08-2002, 09:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been posting lately because I've been feeling so bad about my weight. Things aren't really so bad but I've been stuck with the same 2 lbs (up and down) for a couple of months now. I don't know if it's a plateau or if I've been eating more than I realize. I'm not sure really. I'm still counting my points and I've been really good I think maybe I've just had a few too many "free days" eating out etc. When we really started (my husband and I) to watch what we eat we rarely splurged but maybe I've been doing it more I'm not sure. And this morning I was up another 2.5 pounds! It was very upsetting but I'm not giving up. I just really wanted to reach my goal weight (or at least my first goal weight) by the time it was shorts season here. Oh well. On the bright side I can still fit into lots of clothes that I couldn't a year ago. It's just staying the same for so long that's killing me and I have to make sure I don't give up - which I haven't yet. Anyway so that's what's going on with me.

Pryia - I'm happy that you're back and I hope we'll see you more. Going to WW is so great - keep it up!

Karen - welcome and good luck with everything! I also have to say that feeling that sick with only moderate exercise doesn't sound great but you should definitely ask your doctor.

Lyssa- isn't that the worst when people are completely unsupportive. I'll never understand it. I mean I believe that you should enjoy and relax once in a while but only if that works for you. For some people it's too easy to slip back into your old ways so you just do what you have to do and be happy that your husband is supportive. That's most important.

Rabbit - way to go on the chocolate - that's exactly what I have to do sometimes.

BPB - sorry you haven't been able to sleep lately - that can really screw up your day. I've also been thinking about changing jobs. I really like it where I am but I'm just not paid that well and all my friends keep getting these high paying jobs and I'm jealous. With more money we could finally buy a house and that should be incentive enough. Maybe we'll both get lucky!

Have a great day everyone!!

Elisa

LBH
04-08-2002, 05:25 PM
Hi All,

Things are still nutty around here at work, but I'm reading everyone's posts. Sounds like we all need new jobs and more will power!! :D

Hey Karen- Great to see you, was wondering if you were still around anymore!!

Have a nice evening!

lyssalou
04-08-2002, 05:44 PM
Hi all, just thought I would say I am reading, but not posting. Life is not going well right now, diet is going great, but life is not so good. It sure does make me feel better to read all of your posts. Hope you all hang in there, and weigh the pro's and con's of "depriving" your self of the junk food versus the benefits of loosing weight.

KarenK
04-08-2002, 06:01 PM
:dizzy:

OK, I' m going to be able to do this. I did it before and I can do it again!! I know I can, I know I can, I know I can. There. Maybe that will help get me through the evening :s: . Anything to get through the first day. So far, I'm OP!! Yeah. I've only had 6 points. I had nothing in the house I wanted for breakfast so I just didn't. I know that's not good but I figured it was better than stuffing something in just to do it. I have decided to do slimfast for breakfast 'cause I just can't find anything that's easy AND dietetic. I have breakfast in the car so I thought the drinks would work out well. I bought a box at Target today and they are 4 points each...........about one more than I thought they would be. If this doesn't work out I will have to get back with Natural Ovens. They have halfway decent bagels that are 3 or 4 points. They also have some awesome breads that are low in points. The only problem is that you have to order before Thursday for the next Mondays baking. The stuff is awesome though.

LBH: How are things? I think about you and Dani alot. I need a kick in the butt and you are the closest, maybe I need to make an appointment with you!!:p

lyssalou: Sorry things aren't going well. Keep on coming here. You can vent here and nobody cares!!

Nanci: Sounds like you are doing awesome with your weight loss. You are lucky that your DH is doing it with you. I kept telling myself that it would be so easy for me if mine would, but ya know what......it wouldn't either. I would still have to make the right choices and besides that, he didn't make me the way I am, I did!!

OK, gotta go decide what to do for dinner. Ya'll have a great evening.

Karen

Rabbit
04-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Hello.

Last night I was so happy there was not chocolate in the house because I was thinking about it! Just have to break that habit. . .

Lyssa - sorry you've had a rough couple of days. I think your commitment is awesome!:D It's tough when those around us aren't supportive, but you just gotta stick with what is right for you. ~ Hooray on the skirt fitting! ~ Hope things are looking up for you soon!

Karen - welcome back!:) Your new hobby sounds like fun, and great exercise to boot!

Nanci - ds got me the first book for Christmas and I've been reading them ever since.

Liz - well hopefully you got the mcd out of your system for awhile! ~ Nice goals!!

Elisa - sorry you have been stuck. Maybe if you just change one thing you can break the plateau.

have a great day. Rabbit

StraitLover
04-08-2002, 06:52 PM
I made it through the weekend. Ate too much, but had a good time. Had fried fish Saturday night, Chinese buffet Sunday lunch ... oh, well, it's another day, so start all over. I finally picked up some pretzels somone in another section of 3FC mentioned, Rold Gold Honey Mustard Bite Size. Ooh, I think these could be a problem :nono: . 12 nuggets are 3 points. Boy, are they yummy! Sweet and kinda tangy at the same time :T

OK, I am trying to respond to 2 different threads, so forgive me if I miss you!

Bailey - hope you have a ggod time in Fl. Re smoking: I used Zyban, but I could only take it once per day. Twice gave me these awful muscle tics all over my body (very rare side effect). I told the company I would do a commercial for them for free!!! If you are really ready to quit, it will help you. It works on the physical craving part; you still have to deal w/ the emotional/psychological part, though. I sucked on Sugar Free Certs ( smoked menthol, and the Certs helped a LOT w/ not having that minty taste). Wish I had bought stock in the company that makes Certs cause I made them a lot of money!!!

Pryia - we will have vacation at the same time in July! I leave for San Diego Saturday morning 6/29. I have not had more than a day or 2 off at one time since December 2000, so I am ready to go! Good job making it back to WW.

Nanci - WTG on the loss; every little bit counts!!!

Tech - I'm sure there is a good compromise on a job out there giving both satisfaction and better money. If you're not hard up for $$, keep on looking. After 9/11, I've decided that life's too short to be spending so much time at something you hate. If I were married, I would be looking for something else. However, i ahve no other income to fall back on, so I keep on keepin' on. I don't hate my job (accountant), but it's definitely not what I call fulfilling.

Rabbit - step back from the chocolate!! Good job tossing it. Re pudding: do you know how long it keeps when you make it? That's why I like the cups; they keep for awhile. I'm afraid that if I make it, I will eat it all in a day or two. W/ the cups, sometimes I only eat 1 or 2 a week. I stock up on them when they are on sale. I can catch them lots of times for 89 cents, and I get coupons when I can. I do hate the extra trash they create :mad:, but I'm trying to make peace w/ it.

BPB - that Lawrence on Changing Rooms is a hoot!! In the US, we have a show called Trading Spaces (based on our CR), but CR is better. On TS, they each get $1,000 in US dollars. What's that in pounds??? On TS, there seem to be more bad rooms than good ones. I do love Ground Force, too. That Alan Titmarsh (is that his last name???) makes me laugh, that is when I can understand him. You ahve some quaint sayings over there! :D

Lyssalou - hang in there, and trust in God. I will put you on my prayer list.

Karen & Elisa - welcome back! Hope all the lurkers (of which I was one) come out and say hello!

To everyone else, hope the week is treating you well. Choose your food wisely and dring that water!!! (now to listen to my own advice ...)

Gotta go. Later!
Lisa

Backfor 2002
04-08-2002, 10:57 PM
Liz, Dust off those crumbs and get right back on program. The McD's sounds good. Every once in awhile I get a craving for a big mac. They are my favorite hamburger.

Elisa, Concentrate on how well your clothes are fitting. I know it is hard we become addicted to what that darn scale says. Keep with it and you will break through the plateau.

Lauren, Sorry work is still icky. How is curves going? A gal at work told me she was joining here.

Lyssalou, Sending you a hug. Hope life gets better soon.

Karen, What are natural ovens? Sounds good to the bread lover here!

Rabbit, Do the skinny cows help the chocolate craving at all? You can beat that craving.

Lisa, I was going to take the zyban awhile ago and then I saw that I couldn't drink on it. I thought no cigarettes and no wine might put me right over the edge. I am gearing up to quit though.

Well off to do the treadmill.

Nanci

Rabbit
04-09-2002, 11:31 AM
HELLO.

Oh, I have a new discovery! Maybe you all have tried them? It is ww smart ones giant sundae. It is a cup of ice cream w/fudge swirls for 2 points! It's great. One of the best things is that it takes a long time to eat it. I like my points to take awhile!:D

Strait - great that you are taking a vacation this year, particularly since you haven't done that for awhile. ~ I don't know how long that pudding keeps - not long enough! You are definitely right, that is another plus for the cups.

Nanci - yes the skinny cows help with the sweet craving. I like to keep those around (and now also the new cups!).

Have a good day.

Rabbit

lizzard_h
04-09-2002, 03:31 PM
Tech, you can definitely tell where CA ends and NV starts. We stayed at the Reno Hilton and I wasnít very impressed. They wanted $10 a day to use their gym and $1 for local calls. I wasnít used to that after Vegas where they give you everything free. I did drink tons of water. Coming from FL I wasnít used to the dryness and I probably drank twice as much as I do here (and I drink about 90 oz a day). I did consume a few ďotherĒ types of beverages too. I had a long island tea at the top of the ski slope and after two sips I had the giggles. Nothing like altitude to make booze go straight to your head!!!!

Nanci, Congrats on being down another pound. You are doing so good!!! Donít worry about DH. Thereís a small write-up in the latest Fitness magazine about how frustrating it is that men can lose weight so much easier/faster than women. Are the pigs flying?? Is your work week going okay?

Pryia, Good job on getting back in WW. I hope it will help you succeed in accomplishing your goals. You were wise to hide the candy. When itís easily accessible, itís easily consumed.

Bailey, I hope you had a great time in FL. The weather is wonderful but Iím stuck here at work watching it from the window. ď10ís are baggyĒÖIím jealous!! Someday I hope I can say that. As for now my 14ís and some 12ís are baggy. WooHoo!!! Good luck with the quitting smoking. I know you can do it!!

RR, Tabasco plant?? That sounds really fun and interesting. I love stuff like that. I went to the Jack Daniels Distillery once.

BFB, sorry to hear youíre having sleeping troubles. When I canít sleep I usually try and read. If I watch tv or play on the computer it makes me more awake. Howís the inline going? I went Sunday evening for the first time in forever. It felt so good!!! I love it but can never get my butt off the couch to go do it.

Rabbit, you threw chocolate away (GASP!!!!!!!) Sorry, AFís here and Iím having chocolate withdrawals. So far the ff choc pudding has barely been satisfying me.

Lys, I hope things are going better. You seem to have set really strict goals for yourself without any room for error. I guess Iím not that strong. Just hang in there. Things will get better. I promise. Let us know if thereís anything else we can do to help you.

KarenK, welcome back!! Sorry to hear about the gain. I can relate. I lost all my weight seven years ago (still seems like yesterday) and gained it back plus ten. Now here we areÖ Be careful when youíre working out. You should not be getting that out of breath especially if youíre just starting an exercise program.

Elisa, plateauís are not fun!! All the magazines and book say to change up your routine a little. Good luck!! Iíve kind of been stuck for a few weeks so Iíve started taking 15 min walks after lunch. Weíll see if this helps me any.

Strait, didnít you say you were going to be good over the weekend?? At least it sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Iíll be in Ohio visiting DHís family the first week of July. It sounds like lots of us are gonna be on vacation. Itís gonna be a lonely board. I donít get the Changing Rooms show but Iím addicted to Trading Spaces. It seems like their designs are getting stranger and tackier as the show gets older though. Iím not liking it as much as I used to.

Well, Iím doing okay so far this week. Iíve been watching everyone get sodas out of the machine just outside my office and I canít wait for Friday to get here Ė need Diet Pepsi!! Last night I was home alone and kept eyeing the wine but I behaved. Today Iím just tired and grumpy (again). Iím ready for this low mood swing to go away. I did well on my goals yesterday except for walking after dinner. My knee started hurting so instead I did a half-hour of housework.

I hope I got everyone. It feels like I just wrote a book.

lyssalou
04-09-2002, 05:08 PM
Today, I'm posting!!!

I think I suffer from minor depression, and I think I have most of my life, even though I didn't know what was wrong with me when I was a kid. I have never discussed this with a dr. as I don't like the alternatives they offer (prozac, etc.). Now, don't misunderstand, that is a personal decision for myself, and I have nothing against others who chose differently. Anyway, I think I would help myself a lot by not trying to figure out what will help me, and just live my life, and go on with it. I have just gone through one of those stages of trying to figure it out, and when I thought I had it all figured out, I was disappointed to find out the solution didn't help the problem. Capice.

Anyway, I am better today, and I have a new plan, that includes not worring about what is worring me. :dizzy:
Liz - I know I have strict rules for myself, but if I gave myself an inch, I would take a mile; if you know what I mean. I think if I allowed myself a "free day" I would take more than I should. That isn't to say I don't splurg once in a while, I just select carefully what I splurg on. I would rather eat fat free, sugar free icecream, rather than add extra fat and sugar that would hinder my progress. Again, this is a personal choice I have made, and if I ever feel deprived, I will change my "rules" because the end result is what matters, not how I get there, so long as I get there healthily!!!

Rabbit - Congrats on finding a new "legal" treat!!! It makes life easier when you have something fun to eat, and still not blow your diet. I have to agree with you on the difficulty of breaking the "chocolate habit"!!!

Lisa - Hi, I haven't welcomed you to the group since I have been struggling on my own since you have been here!!! And I also want to thank you for your prayers. I helps to know someone out there is praying for you. And about your weekend, glad you had fun!!!

Karen - Welcome back to you too, even though I wasn't around the last time you were here. The most important thing about loosing weight is that you never quit trying. Dh used to have a saying that you haven't lost until you stop trying to win!!! You can do it, and everyone around here will help by giving you support when you need it!!!

Elisa - Hang in there!!! You will get through this. Just get back on that wagon, and know that you will loose the weight.

LBH - Sorry your job is so difficult, maybe it will get better soon.

Nanci - Hope your work week is going better than expected!! Just think, tomorrow is hump day, and then it is all down hill from there to the weekend. And don't even get me started on smoking, I might never shut up, and it wouldn't do anyone any good!!! :o But I will just say, you will be much healthier when you stop smoking. But I also don't want you going crazy over it either.

BPB - You must be sleeping better, there haven't been that many posts from you in a few days. I do hope you are enjoying inlining.

Well, this post has been long enough, and I have neglected my kids long enough to do this post. DS is pretending his candy is play dough, and if I don't stop him, I will not enjoy cleaning it up. What so I expect from a 4 yo. boy?

RoadRunner
04-09-2002, 07:45 PM
Hey..reading and lurking!!!

Karen--Hello again!!!!Glad to see U back!!!

Everyone have a great week!!!
RR

KarenK
04-09-2002, 07:47 PM
Hi guys!! Day number 2 OP!!

I don't have a lot of time tonight. I'm at school and supposed to be working!! :D Thanks to everyone who welcomed me back, I do appreciate the support here.

I almost caved last night but the operative word is ALMOST!! I had a four legged friend (read puppy) who came along and helped himself to the chinese food!! I wasn't planning on eating more anyway, but he assured that I didn't!! I was able to have General Tso's AND stay within my points!! DH wasn't too happy though and puppy did get a timeout. :(

Gotta go now, hopefully I'll be better with posting tomorrow!!

KarenK
starting again at(GASP!!)223/first goal 220

dabrat
04-09-2002, 09:48 PM
:D Hi Karen I had to laugh at the dog eatting Gen Tso chicken. My cat did that and hmmmm it was to much for her. She gave it back to me out of both ends. It was sad but kinda funny. Ihope you all have a great day/night. Daphne

Pryia
04-09-2002, 09:58 PM
Hello Everyone!!!

Karen- I am with you...just finsihing day 2 OP. :lol: We will keep each other in line.

Work is going well...Busy...but I can almost see my desk. And I have brought my lunch for 2 days in a row. Great on points and the pocket book.

Lyssalou I went through a bad spell with it. But it is workable. I choice to use meds and for me they did work wonders. But if you ever need to talk, my email is at the bottom of the post. ( like you already don't know where to find me)

Rabbit- I wish WW would make those cups with Strawberry. I don't like HOT FUDGE!!! I know, I know ....crazy girl here.

RR-Glad you poped in to say hi.

Back2002-Glad to see you here. You have been my lifesaver keeping me semi-organized.

Dabrat-Hope you join us more often.

Lizzard-Thank you for the well wishes with WW.

Have a wonderful night my friends!

Backfor 2002
04-10-2002, 01:55 AM
Hi all,

Just got back from getting the hair done. It feels good to have it done but what a long day!

Rabbit, I am looking for those ww treats. Oh for 2 points... If I can't find them you might have get a cooler and ship me some. :-)

Liz, The pigs are flying again. I have really been kicking up the exercise so I wasn't feeling all that guilty about them being grounded last week in the AM. I have been doing a bit of running on the treadmill and my fanny HURTS. I am not sure if this is normal or not. I told the DH I needed a massage there tonight.
I am not too frustrated about the rate DH is losing. The benefits of having him follow program with me far out weigh that.

Lyssalou, Sorry that you have been so down. Depression is a very unfun thing. Keep checking in here. Hopefully we can help on the blue days.

Vick, Hi! Hope you are having a good week.

Karen & Pryia, CONGRATS on 2days! Let's see three tomorrow.

Ok I am heading to get that massage.

Take care everyone.
Nanci

lizzard_h
04-10-2002, 09:34 AM
Not having a good day...DH and I are in a big fight. I got persecuted last night for something I didn't do and he's being a a$$ and not even willing to try and understand my side of the story. Have you ever just wanted to strangle your hubby and bury him in a shallow grave in your backyard???? :D I'm just kidding!! Sorry, I have a sick sense of humor today. AF is in town and my emotions are already in turmoil. This was the last thing I needed. I'm depressed and mad. I'm off to go get some hugs....

Rabbit
04-10-2002, 11:59 AM
HI ALL!

I went to a baseball game last night AND I figured out beforehand what I could have AND I stuck to it!:smug:

I'm glad I'm getting back with it! I'm leaving on Friday for awhile & it's always toughest then, but I've got to take the time to journal! This weekend I'm going to ds' school for mom's weekend & then I get back Sunday & leave Monday for another store trip. Will be back the following Sunday. Usually I handle the store trips fine because we work so much, last time we did way too much eating though & I can't let that happen again. Live and learn.

Liz - yeah for avoiding the sodas! Is it giving you a headache from the caffeine withdrawal? ~ A half an hour of housework is good exercise when you can't walk, don't you think? ~ sorry the dh is being such a jerk!

Lyssa - Sorry you've been so blue and I hope this gets better for you. ~ The weird (and interesting) thing about the chocolate habit is I really don't think it was this kind of a problem BEFORE I started trying to lose weight. Seems to be a psychological thing I've done to myself??

RR - glad you popped in to say hello - I was wondering where you were.:)

Karen - Hooray for 2 days op!! And for not caving in. Bless the animal.

Pryia - Hooray for 2 days op!! Good idea to bring your lunch - & for both reasons you mentioned - eating out can be so expensive in both ways. ~Strawberry swirls would be great!:D

Nanci - I got them at Super Walmart. I would think anyplace that carries ww stuff would soon be getting them. They've been selling them out at walmart but I ran in yesterday and they got a new shipment - so I bought a couple & stocked up.:) ~ Hooray for those flying pigs! ~ You are so right, it is wonderful that dh is doing this program with you & has continued to do it with you (mine would give it up after a couple days I'm sure, or he'd want me to figure the points). Enjoy your massage!

Today I had to unsubscribe to flyladies - or I'd have millions of messages when I get home!

Rabbit
OP since 4/6/02

StraitLover
04-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Back again. Went over points yesterday, but just by 5. We went to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch yesterday (late Bday present) and I picked the wrong salad dressings (no wonder they were so good!!), and I conveniently forgot about the small piece of sourdough bread I ate. So far after lunch today I'm at 11 points, so hopefully I will be able to make up at least 3 today and the other 2 tomorrow. Friday will be hard. We are having our monthly birthday party in my section, and I am bringing the cake. :devil: It's called Chocolate Meltdown (comes from Lowes Foods, not homemade). It is to die for! I will only have a tiny piece! The party is at 9:30 AM, so that will be my breakfast, salad for lunch and something healthy and good for dinner.

Went to Target last night and stocked up on goodies. I bought a whole box of Luna bars (97 cents each!!!!)and 4 boxes of Rice Krispy Treats (2 variety pack and 2 double chocolate chunk - they were on clearance for 2.90 a box!). I also got bottles of Magnesium and Vitamin E. The Mag is supposed to help w/ chocolate cravings, and the E is supposed to help w/ dry skin. My chest and up is oily, oily, oily and dry, dry, dry below, esp my legs and abdomen. We'll see if either help. I think I'm going to put the goodies on the high shelf in my closet. If I want any, I'll have to drag out the ladder, so maybe that will keep me out of them. If not, I will farm them out at work.

Nanci - LOL on the massage!!!

Lizzard - here ya go (((((LIZ)))). Hpe things are better today.

Pryia and Karen - WTG on the OP!

Lyssalou - IKWYM about the rules setting. Some things I have to do without because I can't eat a "reasonable" amount, like Hershey Kisses. 8 are 5 points, but who can stop at 5??? Not me, so I just don't have them at all.

Rabbit - good luck on your trips! Have you seen the Skinny Cow sundae cups? I wonder if that's why WW came out w/ them, too? They did for the round sandwiches. They (WW) saw how much $$ perople were spending on the Skinny Cows and wanted to get in on it, too. There is also a SC Fudge Bar, 1 point (I haven't tried either yet, but I hear they are good).

Howdy to everyone else!!!

Later!
Lisa

KarenK
04-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Hi guys. DAY 3!!!! Yippee. I wasn't quite as good at lunch today so I only have 19 points for dinner. Oh well, I will find something good!! I just got back from a new farmers market by my house. I spent $25 and I got TONS of stuff. They had a lot of stuff 2 or 3 for a dollar. In fact, I got so much stuff, I can't decide what to do for dinner!!:D

Nanci: Hope the behind is better today!!! Pyria actually turned me on to Naturalovens.com. They are a healthy food bakery. They have some interesting stuff. Check them out. If you order before noon on Thursday you will be included in Mondays shipment, otherwise, you will have to wait a week. (They only bake on Mondays!!) I have at least two kinds coming next week that work out to ZERO points, even when you check for two slices. I usually count them as 1 (2 pieces for 1 point) because it doesn't seem right NOT to.

Lisa: Good luck with that cake!! My tactic is to tell someone that I can't have it because of the diet (usually someone that I would hate to see me cheat!!) I keep myself inline with guilt!! Gee, maybe I would have made a good momma!! For your dry skin try SBR Lipocream. The pharmacist will have to order it, but it is not a prescription. The dermatologist told me about it and it is WONDERFUL!! I'm a therapist and my hands are disgusting from washing them all the time. This stuff is worth it's weight in gold to me. OK, I am curious. George Strait? Or is that the wrong spelling. Geez, now I can't decide.

Rabbit: Wow, I will have to check out those WW thingees. Sounds like heaven. OK, yep, I'm HUNGRY right now. Good luck while you are out of town. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Pyria: Come on girl, we CAN do it. I KNOW we can. We just gotta be stronger than the junkfood!!

Liz: Sending you lots and lots of virtual hugs. That's one good thing about being a therapist. I almost always have a patient who loves to give hugs so I can get my daily quota............we need at least 8/day to stay healthy ya know!!

OK, gotta go prepare all those veggies for the fridge. Take care all. I have to go for my definitive asthma test tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. If I do react to the medication that means I have to have an asthma attack and I did NOT enjoy the last one. UGH!! Oh well, tomorrow this time I will know for sure.

:spin: :moo: :sheep: (OMG, I just found these, they're GREAT!!)

Rabbit
04-10-2002, 07:40 PM
Strait - yes, I have seen that skinny cow has those items. I saw it on their website, but they have not been in my stores. I thought the same thing when I saw ww was doing them.

Karen - have fun with all your goodies from the farmers market! I just love those places!:) ~ Hope the med/asthma thing goes okay - good luck.~ I'll have to check out that naturaloven.com sometime - sounds great.

Rabbit

Pryia
04-10-2002, 10:48 PM
Hello Everyone!!!

Day 3 OP done!!!

Tomorrow I will be having lunch out with the bosses. But will be staying OP!!

Have a good one!

:dizzy:

Backfor 2002
04-10-2002, 11:33 PM
Hi eveyone!

Well the fanny is a bit better. I think I will see if I can work another massage out of it.

Liz, those DH's can be a handful sometimes. Fantazing about bodily harm can make you feel better.

Rabbit, Great job on planning for the game and sticking to it.

Lisa, Is it vitamin E lotion or pills? I get really dry skin in areas as well.

Karen, 19 points for dinner? Man you are able to keep a lot for later in the day.

Pryia, Way to go on day three!

Lauren, Does the boss have you locked up? Come out and play with us.

Take care everyone

Nanci

BigPhatBooty
04-11-2002, 02:51 AM
Hi all

'cuse the quick stop by, but was having major trouble logging into the site recently.

Anyway, I need to go back and read the posts to catch up, but went inlining with hubby yesterday.

Now I know that my BigFatBooty does have a purpose. You couldn't buy this sort of quality padding anywhere :lol: :devil:

Now I really must get ready for work, catch up with you all later :D

dabrat
04-11-2002, 03:12 AM
:( OK I really had planned on beint OP today but I just don't do stress well. I got a letter from my ex of 3 years. He is wanting Child Support now.He didn't ask for it when I was working and would of been able to afford it. He waited until he knew I wasn't able to work. He just bought a new $40,000 truck and wants to get his wife a vehicle. He got everything in the divorce I got 500 cash and a crummy car. He has also bought a hot tub, new carpeting, bedroom set, living room set, work out equipment, new washer and dryer, etc. I am not able to work due to my step daughter being severly disabled. He knows this and I am afraid that he will prevent my son from coming to see me now. DH called me finally and said let him take me to court. He will show that we are barely making it financially and that I can not work due to Megans disabilities. Oh in case I didn't say before she is 10 years old, Epileptic with LGS, A- Typical Retts, and Developmentally Delayed. She is like an 18 month old at the most. Stress was over the top today for me. My son Tony is my life. During the Divorce when he was mad at me he went about 3 months without talking to me.It almost killed me I was a crijing mess the whole time. His Dad got custody being as he had a lawyer and I didn't. It is a long story but I feel like the court system really screwed me out of my life. I do feel better now but I totally shut down today about 3PM. Thank God that Megan took a 3 hour nap. I was watching some movie on TV when I went out. I slept until almost 6 myself. Hey that was 3 hours that I didn't eat right?:lol: :lol: I hope to post tomorrow in a better mood. Good luck to all of us! Daphne

BigPhatBooty
04-11-2002, 03:34 AM
DaBrat - just read your post. Sorry I can't be more constructive/helpful, but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pryia
04-11-2002, 07:22 AM
Okay it is 5 am and I am up. Nope :ink: are not flying. I want to be coherent first. I did get a nice walk in yesterday. And man can I feel my left side of my back. Throwing balls to the kids and chasing balls yesterday at practice.

Dabrat- Ex husbancs can be a pain. Check to see if vistation and child support are 2 seperate issues in your state. Here is WI they are. So I could still prevent my ex from seeing my son and he had to pay $. Oh not like he does, they are seperate issues.

I won't get a chance to post later. I have a busy day and a few appoints tonight. So I won't get home until after 7. So by the time I get dinnner made and it will be late.

Tomorrow is TGIF though!!!

BFB- I am planning some Skating on Sat. While my son is in practice. I am going to take my rollerblades and go zooming around the park. I have that padding too, so hopefully I won't have to use it much.

Have a great day!!

lizzard_h
04-11-2002, 10:32 AM
Okay, having a much better day today. I wrote DH an e-mail yesterday and explained to him where he could go and what he could do when he got there cuz I didn't deserve all that. He knew he was in big trouble so he was a super sweetie last night and apologized and gave me lots of kisses. I made him beg for my forgiveness. :D (Note: DH & I normally get along great because we are very alike in that we are both strong independent people but when we get mad at each other we let the other know about it -- we've been married 17 months).

On another note...I'm frustrated with my weight -- very frustrated!! Not frustrated enough to be perfect with my habits but I don't understand. I'm stuck at 160 again. Before my trip I was 158 and I can't get back there (yes, I've been home barely a week) but still!! I have been staying OP and getting a lot of exercise and the scale is not moving. I know, I know....just keep with it. Actually it's time to take my measurements this weekend so hopefully that will give me something to go on.

Lys, I understand. Only you know what it takes to help yourself. Iím stubborn as a mule and if I restricted myself too much it would backfire and Iíd binge all the time. I had to find a happy medium. It sounds like your feeling better. Iím happy for you.

KarenK, great job staying OP. I loved your puppy story. Three more months until I get a puppy. Then Iím sure Iíll have lots of stories!! Good luck on your test today. I hope all goes well. Thanks for the hugs. Iím a huggy person and have lots of guy friends at work that I can always get them from whenever I need them.

Pryia, youíre right -- bringing your own lunch helps in a lot of ways. I bring mine everyday because I work on a military base that takes 30 minutes to get to the outside world. We have on base cafeterias but they only serve greasy food (and theyíre expensive). There are some nights that I have to force myself to get my lunch ready but I wonít do it if I wait until the morning.

Nanci, I can relate. My fanny is killing me!!! I think itís from a combo of jogging (DH says Iím too slow to call it running) and lunges. I walked/jogged this morning and at first it was not pleasant but after a few minutes my muscles loosened up. DH got me this incredible massage/heat mat for Christmas. I had to set it up on the bed last night and lay on it for a half hour. MmmmmÖfelt so good!!

Rabbit, good luck with your travels and staying OP. Iím not a caffeine addict so I donít have the headache problem. I donít do coffee and usually only have a few sodas a week but I was starting to have one everyday so I wanted to cut back so I donít get addicted.

Lisa, thks for the hugs. I needed all I could get yesterday. Oops on the salad dressing and Mmmmmm on that cake. Hopefully your sliver will satisfy you.

Dabrat, sorry to hear about your ex struggles. Sounds like he's a real kind and considerate guy!! Hopefully it won't have to go to court but if it does I would think a judge would have to be on your side.

To all those lurking...HI!!;)
It's almost the weekend!! WoooHooooo!!!!

LBH
04-11-2002, 11:30 AM
Hi All,

I'm here...barely alive. I have the sinus infection from h*ll. Left work early yesterday and went to the doctor's. She said yup, you've got it good! :( But she gave me some Z-Pak, Rhinocort and told me to get some Robitussin DM for the cough. I just couldn't bare going into work today. The auditors that are here this week should be done with my files, so I shouldn't need to be there. If they need something that bad, they can call my boss! DH has been an angel...bought me ginger ale, brought me a bag of ice for my head, made dinner by the time I got home last night...too bad I couldn't enjoy it. I feel bad though because he's off this week from work, to get stuff done around here and my mom's, and I kept both of us up most of last night and some of the night before, with my coughing and tossing and turning.

Don't have the energy to respond right now...have a great day all!

TechAlum
04-11-2002, 01:02 PM
Hello All,

Not much to say, we went to WW on Tuesday and I stayed the same, which I guess I should be happy about since I haven't been paying attention at all the last couple of weeks. I just can't seem to get motivated. Hopefully starting to get out of the house will help. Still haven't decided what to do about the work thing although it may be a non-issue since I haven't heard from the "good paying" job. My car's in the shop today it decided to fall apart at 60,000 miles which suprises me since Subarus have such good records. Oh well, hopefully it'll only cost an arm to get fixed. K had to go out of town for work, but he started his "old" car (it's older than we are) before he left to make sure I'm not stranded, and my dad's going to come take me to pick up my car when it's ready.

The sun is out and they're predicting a high in the 70's so I think I may go play in the dirt for a while.

LBH - hope you're feeling better soon! :D

Liz - Glad you seem to be straightening out things with your DH.

Pyria - Sounds like your getting back on track :) wish I could say the same.

debrat - sorry to hear about your troubles, come here and vent instead of eating anytime, hopefully things will clear up soon.

BFB - glad you're enjoying the skating, I've tried a few times and loved it, but I need to walk the beast and he'd kill me if I tried to do it on skates and I'm to lazy to do both, so......

Nanci - good luck quiting smoking, luckly that's one habbit I've never started, everyone in my family used Zyban to quit too, and I don't remember them giving up beer....:?:

RR - I rooted for Minn in the quarter-finals just because I'm anti Univ of Mich (did you notice there were 3 UofMs in the final four???) so I carried that over to the final, but we missed the end to drive home...

Rabbit - good luck on the traveling.

Well I'm sure I missed a bunch of people, but I need to get off the phone hoping the dealership calls.

- Tech :spin:

KarenK
04-11-2002, 02:38 PM
Hi all. Well, the dreaded test is over and I am mildly asthmatic. Hmm. Not sure what that is going to mean yet. I will be going to the doctor once he gets the results so I guess I'll know more then.

Nanci: glad your fanny is better!! That can be a real pain in the butt, literally!! I keep a lot of points for dinner because that is my hard time. I need to have a lot of points then so I can have what I want!! (within reason) :D

DaBrat: sorry to hear about your ex. Put down the fork, spoon, whatever and come here for support. Sending you hugs..........

BPB: Nice to see you here. Glad you are having fun with the inline skating. I tried it, but I really suck. I'm scared of falling. :(

Liz: What kind of puppy are you going to get? I love my animals and unfortunately they are part of the cause of the asthma. Sigh.

Lauren: So sorry that you aren't feeling well. Hope you are better today. Tell those nasty auditors to go away!! :D

Tech: Good luck with your car. Hope it only costs an elbow and not a whole arm!!

I went to the grocery store today and stocked up on low-point dessert stuff. I got some of those new ice-cream sundae things. I am going to have one for an afternoon snack. Gotta decide what I'm going to do for dinner. It's school tonight but it's the final, so I will be able to leave a little early. Not sure if I want to eat before I go or get a Wendy's salad to take with me. Guess I'll have to decide soon!!

Rabbit
04-11-2002, 03:32 PM
hi.

Things going fine here - I've had a great week and hope to continue it while I'm gone.

Pryia - you know, I think skinny cow has strawberry swirl ice cream cups if you can find them. ~ Yeah 3 days op!

Bpb - Yeah on the inlining!

Daphne - good luck with your troubles.

Liz - sorry about the plateau frustration! Hang in there. You know it'll work eventually. ~ Lunges are so good for you, but so hard to do!

Lauren - hope you are feeling better!

Tech - hope the car is not too expensive!

Karen - glad your test is over!

have a great day all!

Rabbit :spin:

BaileySG
04-11-2002, 08:25 PM
LOL y'all, the DOG is losing weight! I haven't taken him to the vet, so I am not sure, but 3 people have commented on how much he has trimmed down. We free feed him, so I don't know if he is eating less dog food. However, he gets the last bite (or several bites) of everything I eat... guess that adds up a lot over 9 mos!

Fla was great - very relaxing although I did not get as much color as I would like (will have to hit tanning bed!)

I missed WI last week, am expecting a maintain on Sat. Now that my traveling is behind me, I am hoping to get back on track and lose 5 lbs per month. OK, 2 lbs per month would be fine too! Still doing yoga and love it. Can really see progress. Also doing the treadmill, but not as much as I would like. Can finally run/jog for 5 min, then walk 5 min, then run 5 min, etc for the full hour. Think I may try to walk the boston marathon (would stop for lunch of course!). Eating has not been great, but good enough to maintain and even lose a little. Water has NOT gone well, must get back to this!

Over the past 2 days, I got 2 new pairs of sandals. The first was an $80 pair on sale for $17!! The second was a $155 pair on sale for $20. Great, right? NOT!! This is still $37 more than I was planning to spend on shoes. Dang sales! I never would have bought a full priced pair!

I am loving the FLYlady stuff. Not perfect by any means, but the place looks so much better. More importantly, I FEEL much better about things. I am also getting our finances in order. I got Microsoft money along with their tax program and some legal document program thing for $50 with a $20 rebate - not bad. I really like Money. You can download it for a free trial if anyone is interested. It helps track bank accounts, bills, investments, etc. It also has a debt reduction planner, a purchase wizard and planner, a budget planner and lots of other neat stuff! Once we get out of debt, I would really like to buy a house. Rent is crazy here (we pay $1500 for the first floor of a a big but crappy 3 family house in a crappy neighborhood). So...

I really need to get on the job thing. I could probably make more. Even if not though, I really want to be doing something different. I will not go into the details, but I am ready for a change!

So, I think I am going to start a career building thread. I am also going to start a life goals thread. If anyone wants to join me, GREAT! If not, I will do it on my own and not bore y'all anymore.

Will respond on a new thread as this is already really long. I just posted 4 days ago and there are already 40 new posts!!

RoadRunner
04-11-2002, 08:30 PM
WOW..U girls are some posting women!!!Took me a while to catch up!!

Daphne--I have a DS daughter sooo I can relate to what U R saying..My time is very limited now and quite a handful of extras on the plate....(Newlywed and new mom to 2 step kids)Sending a big hug your way!!!!

Lauren--I have the sinus from U know where!!!!Feel miserable!!U must infect me cyberally!!!!Hope U R better!!!!

Everyone hello!!!I must go to sleep..I was asleep for 10 yrs yesterday and still dragging today...Miserably tired, went to the healthclub and crashed...Hmmmmm..What is going on with this body this month????????
RR

BaileySG
04-11-2002, 09:03 PM
Pryia: YEAY you! You are doing great - Bringing lunch is Such a good thing - both for pts and for $. I wish I were more consistent with it, but I do pretty well. You should see your dr. about that abnormal reaction you have to Hot fudge! :lol:

RR: Hope all is well with you. Maybe you are spending all your time outside playing. I LOVE SPRING!!

Nanci: I am the same way about the lottery. How can I really believe I will win? :lol: I'm buying one for tomarrow's big game, it is up to 200 mil! You should join me on the job thread! When to mexico? sounds great. We should also team up on this smoking thing. Not only is it disgusting and unhealthy, it is so much $!! However, no smoking OR drinking AND trying to watch my points, well just lock me in the closet!!! Yeay on the workouts.

BFB: Sorry about the sleeping trouble! That is a good sign (i think) that you can look back and feel that points are wasted. I look back and think ... YUMMY! Have fun Inlining.

Rabbit: Enjoy the trips! When I worked at the State mental hospital, I used to read with a bunch of the kids. One had the first Harry Potter book and I got hooked! Read them all in a few months and can't wait for the next one! I am going to give it 1 more month before clothes shopping. If I can't fit into my 6's by then, I will buy a few things. I agree, it makes you look & feel much better when your clothes fit. On the chocolate thing, I don't know if this would work for you. I try to budget points (1 or 2) for chocolate. If I have the points at the end of the day, I get the chocolate. If I have more than I have budgeted in, I am supposed to have none for a week. That part is really hard though. Right now I am having a 1 point mini frozen peppermint patty (got 3 bags 1/2 price after easter and froze them - YUM) Also, I have a slimfast every day which I really enjoy and it has lots of good vitamins, minerals, etc. Expensive though... Keep up the good work! Hearing about others who have quit smoking is so inspiring. Did you go cold turkey?

Lyssa: Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I have been on antidepressants for a while. When I was in really bad shape, they were a life saver. Now that I am just a touch depressed, I am not sure how helpful they are. I think I am going to go off and see how I do. Will stay on the ritalin, though - it has really changed my life! You may want to talk to your doctor. Asside from drugs, there are a lot of other helpful therapies, such as talk therapy (I found this did not work for me, but I know some people who have had great success), light therapy (I know I do better the more sun I get - Yeay spring!), herbal remedies, new exercise and eating habits, etc. Your plan to just not worry about it also might be verry successful! Let me know if you would like any info on anything (learned a lot in grad school). Sorry mom is not supportive! I know how difficult this makes things. YEAY on the skirt. We are here for you and you are doing GREAT!

Karen: Gald you are back (though I wasn't here when you were here before). I lost it all and gained it back plus some too. Now I am about 1/2 way. Geocaching sounds fun! Good luck with the new puppy. When I got mine, he was 9 months and 90 lbs. I found him and his first parents were very bad (read extremely abusive and used to leave him tied to a tree). So, he was really like an emotionally scarred 3 month old in terms of development. A lot of work, but so worth it! What are you in school for? What type of therapist are you? Sorry about the asthma - maybe that is why working out is so hard? I have a slimfast at work every day and LOVE it. Works wonders for my chocolate craving and it is good for me! Around here, they are considerably cheaper at target than anywhere else and there are coupons in the sunday paper every few weeks.

Lizzard: Go ahead and dig a deep grave - it's great exercise :lol: But seriously, I am glad things are better. Yum McD's! Good luck getting back with it - your goals look great. I might have to try the soda idea. Did you make it? Sorry AF is on such a rampage. I am doing my measurements on monday - think they will be about the same. What kind of puppy?

Elisa: Sorry you are still stuck. Sounds like you need to make a few changes to shake things up. Do you eat the same things most days? You have come a long way - don't give up! I am with you on the job/house thing, come join me on my new thread if you like.

LBH: We miss you! Hope things slow down at work and your sinus infection clears up soon.

Lisa: I am wondering also - george strait?
Thanks for the quitting smoking info. Did you go cold turkey?

Daphne: My thoughts are with you. Sorry I have no valuable advice at the moment. We are here for you!

Tech: Hope WI goes (went) ok. What type of beast do you have? I actually don't think I could have learned to rollerblade without the dog. He weighs 150. I would hook him to a cable and then tie it around my waist. Then, I could balance by pulling on the cable. Stopping was a challenge and the sight of a cat on the sidewalk made my blood run cold, but I never lost my balance and fell over!

BaileySG
04-11-2002, 09:05 PM
RR: So is the BMW out???

Pryia
04-11-2002, 10:11 PM
One tired girl here tonight! I did stay within my points today even with my lunch out. It was okay, but I did not really like my food, so I only ate 1/2. Plus I ran around the office for 2.5 hours. I do mean ran. My feet hurt so much, I was glad to find my slippers when I came home.

Sorry so short but I am pooped!!

:wave:

Backfor 2002
04-12-2002, 12:50 AM
Hi all,

Thank God friday is tomorrow. I am so ready for the weekend. Bailey, when are we getting that job thread going?!

We just got back from WW. I was down 2.8 and DH 1.4 I am so close to hitting 25. I should hit it next week.

BPB, You are so funny! I just crack up reading your posts. If I ever get to your side of the water we definately have to get together.

Daphne, I am so sorry to hear about your rough day. I hope things get better soon.

Pryia, Have a good time blading this weekend. Good job on your lunch.

Liz, Glad to hear you made up with DH it is never fun to be fighting.

Tech, Hope you had fun playing in the dirt. I am just itching to start planting flowers. I love it when everything looks all pretty.

Lauren & Vicky, Sorry to hear you both have icky sinus's. It is running rampant. So many ppl at work have the same thing going on.

Rabbit, Good luck while you are away!

Bailey, You couln't have passed up the sale on those sandles! We leave for Mexico Memorial day weekend. We will be there for two weeks. We are really looking forward to it. Let's start thinking of the non smoking thing. I am getting closer and closer to being ready.
The job really is bad right now. They just came out with how much our CEO made last year it was WAY TOO Much when you take a look at how low our stock has gone. If the rumors are true I might not have a job for much longer. I guess then I would have a whole new set of problems.

Ok everyone have to go hit the treadmill besides DH is becoming a bit obnoxious in his desire to get me off here.

Nanci

Rabbit
04-12-2002, 11:22 AM
hi all - I wanted to check into today before I leave. I'll be back here on the 22nd.

Bailey - nice to have you back!:) ~ Yeah on the running on the treadmill! That's great. ~ You sound so on top of things. I'm inspired. ~ And I like your chocolate budget! ~ Yes, I went cold turkey with the zyban and the patch to help. I did smoke a couple after I had quit, I don't know, maybe twice? I think maybe I bummed one from my sister one time. And then I bought some one time. After one cigarette though, I threw them away. AND I ruined them, poured water on them.:D

RR - hope you are feeling better.

Pryia - yeah 4 days op! You're doing awesome.:cool:

Nanci - WooHoo on your loss!! Hope you hit that 25 pound mark next week - how exciting.:eek: ~ Have a great time in Mexico.

better run - Rabbit:wave:

lizzard_h
04-12-2002, 03:45 PM
We made it to another Friday. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow!! I did really well on my goals this week.

1) I made it to the gym every morning and had great workouts everyday (75 mins).
2) I took walks after lunch everyday except for today (raining) but I didn't follow thru with the after dinner ones. That was just too much.
3) I enjoyed my one and only diet pepsi today. I drank tons of water but also too much alcohol -- 2 drinks on 3 nights.:devil:
4) With all the exercise I got I stay within my points range.

And did I lose anything???? **** NO!!!! My body can hang on to this weight like a drowning victim holding onto a life ring. AF is even gone so I don't have that excuse. I think I need to go on that Survivor show where I'm forced to eat rice and drink water for a few months. I'd become one scary mean woman!! Can you imagine if they did that show with all overweight people?? I know I get really nasty when I get really hungry. Instead they do it with these wafer thin models who are used to starving themselves and it doesn't bother them to not eat. Fat people would probably be scared to go to sleep at night in fear that they'd wake up in the middle of the night and find their camp buddy gnawing on their arm.:lol:

Sorry...got off on a tangent there...:D

In regards to the puppy...I don't know what I'm gonna do. If I had my choice I'd get a toy poodle. But I have a hard time spending a bunch of money on a purebreed when there's a shelter near my home with dogs that need me. I keep going back and forth and back and forth. In a perfect world I'd get to rescue a toy poodle puppy but that probably won't happen. I want a small fluffy dog and I grew up with toy poodles. My sis has one and I love her. More than likely though I'll pay a visit to the Humane Society and someone there will win my heart and go home with me. Any views on this??? :?:

LBH & RR, I hope you guys take care of yourselves over the weekend and feel better soon.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

LBH
04-12-2002, 04:34 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for the thoughts, I'm feeling a little better today...drugs are a very good thing! :lol: I'm at work, ho hum...

Liz- I vote for the pound puppy! :D I know what you mean about having a cute little purebred, but pound puppies are soo loving and grateful, and a lot of them are just soo darn cute too! DH & I would both love a border collie, but in reality, we'd both rather rescue one from the shelter. My Niki was a pound puppy and she was without a doubt the best dog I ever had. OK, so I only ever had 2 dogs, the first was a mini-poodle/terrier mix, and while she was great, Niki was the best. Very devoted, protective, loving. I can't tell you how many times we sat on my bed, my head in her fur, crying for whatever reason, and she stayed there as long as I needed her. OK, I'm gonna stop before I start crying...

Rabbit- Have a nice OP trip!!

Nanci- Congrats on yet another great loss!!

RR- I feel you're pain...sorry if I transmitted cyberly!! :lol: Hope you got some Z-Pak!! Feel better, and don't bother exercising when you feel like that!!

Gotta run...

RoadRunner
04-12-2002, 06:09 PM
Bailey....I am seriously doubting the BMW in my life!!!!!!!!!!!..:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Lauren--Just a little Sudafed and Tylenol and no antibiotics this time..I had just completed the z-pac and dont want to get on meds if I dont have to...I think the pollen is killing me!!!Hope U R better today!!!

Liz--I am with Lauren--Go for the pound puppy..My mom has a poodle and it is a great dog but who wants to spend $25 every 6 weeks or so for grooming..I like the low maintence mutt!!!I have 6 mutt cats now and love them!!!!!

Rabbit--Have a nice trip!!!Take care!!and Stay OP!!!!!Next month at this time..I will be alone with the husband celebrating my 1 yr anniversary in Mexico!!!!!!

Nancy--Congrats to U and DH!!!!!

Pryia--Hope U have rested!!!!

Lyssa--Take care of yourself!!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!!My little tootie is 6 tomorrow and I am hosting a 13 child party!!!!DH said I better be well or he willl get sick too!!!!:lol:
RR

StraitLover
04-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Finally got a chance to post! Been busy, busy at work. Had the party today, and I did pretty good. The cake is a 9" round 2-layer, adn my slice at the wide end was only 1/2 inch, so i guesstimated 5 points for it. I had 5.5 other points of stuff, 1 pt on sugar in my coffee this AM, and lunch was a bag of Orville Reddenbacher 94%FF popcorn and a Diet Dew (went shopping at Hechts & ran out of time to buy lunch). So that is 15 points total, so I have plenty left over for dinner and a snack. Yay! Spent too much $$ at Hecht's, though. Never would I have imagined I would ever spend $50 on a lousy toothbrush!!:eek: After having $2,000+ in periodontal work, $50 is a drop in the bucket, I guess. But I did save $30 by getting it on sale. :)

To everyone that asked, yes, my handle comes from George Strait. I like him very much. :D

RR - good luck at the party. Let us know if you find out the BMW is out for sure. :s:

Nanci - the Vitamin E I'm taking is the softgels. I wasn't sure how much to take, so I just got the 400 IU ones. They were cheaper. :; Where at in Mexico? I friend I'm visiting on vacation said for me to look up info on Rosarito Beach, Mexico (right past Tijuana, and she's in San Diego). I did, and I don't think there's enough $$ printed to get me to go there! Hotels as fronts for drug cartels, people partying all night long and getting thrown in jail - no thanks!!

Bailey - I started taking Zyban 2 weeks before my quit date. By the time that day got there, I had cut myself down to 5 a day. On my date, I had one after I woke up, but that was it. I didn't use a patch or gum or anything. I did go thru a ton of Sugar Free Certs though! Day 2 was pure @#%*, but after that, it went pretty smoothly. I was very surprised.

Tech - what kind of Subaru? A used Outback is on my might buy list, and I wonder if I should take it off.

Lauren - hope you're feeling better. Sure wish I had someone to take care of me when I'm sick :cry: .

Liz - MMMMMMM, bicep! :lol:

Pryia - Good job on the points!!

I know I have missed people, but this thread is a jillion miles long, and it is time to go home!!! I did read all the messages, and I am celebrating with the good things and praying for everyone w/ all the bad things, hoping they will get better soon. Everyone have a great weekend, and I will talk at ya when I return to work on Monday!

Later!
Lisa

lyssalou
04-12-2002, 07:15 PM
I am still here, and reading posts. I have decided to try the "herbal remedy" method for now. If that doesn't work, I will have to try something else.

A friend of mine who is really knowledgeable on hormones said that when a fat cell collapses it releases estrogen into your system, and it can reek halvoc on you emotions.

She also gave me two phrases from a book that I thought I would share with you guys!!

I am alive and I will survive!

Food doesn't taste as good as skinny feels!

Maybe these will help some of you!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

KarenK
04-12-2002, 09:27 PM
Hi guys!! Day number 5 OP!!!:D :smug: I had lemon chicken for dinner and still have 4 points left for dessert. YIPPEE. I am so glad that today is Friday. I am going geocaching with some friends tomorrow. I am hoping to get in at least 3 miles of hiking. We'll see.

Liz: Go for the pound puppy!! If you just keep looking you will find the one for you!! Both of my dogs are from the humane society and they really are great. Puppy can't help it that he's a puppy and acts like one. :p Too funny about the Overweight Survivor!!

Lauren: Our puppy is part border collie and part Lab. He looks like a holstein cow!! He really is cute. I hope you are feeling better.

Rabbit: Have a good trip!

RR: Wow, you are a brave woman. 13 kids under one roof. Whew. I think you are going to need a BIG bubble bath after that.

Lyssa: Hope things are better!! Good luck.

Pyria: DAY 5????

Hope you guys have a great weekend!!

Pryia
04-12-2002, 10:51 PM
Day 5!! Complete and OP!!

Karen- you should have known I would arrive some time to let you know. I am right there with you and going strong!!

Okay I go to weigh in tomorrow. I am both scared and excited. I did check on my scale and it shows 4 pounds. But we will see what WW says tomorrow. I will have to say I do feel much better these last 5 days!!

Road Runner- I sure hope you are better soon. Take care of yourself. We want you well.

Rabbit- have a great trip and hurry back to us.

Nanci-Good job on the lose. You are doing wonderful. Keep up the good work. I wish I was going to Mexico with you

Lisa-that is one $$$ toothbrush. Great job on quiting smoking. that is some thing I have to work on again.

Lizzard-Your are doing great. Just keep it up the weight will budge. Are you following a plan or just your own.

Lyssa-hang in there. Glad to see you are lurking with us.

Well I am off!!! See you tomorrow with weigh in results!

Backfor 2002
04-12-2002, 11:43 PM
TGIF Everyone! I for one never thought it was going to get here.

Rabbit, I don't know if we will make it without you until the 22nd! You better check in and say hi if you can.

Liz, Keep with it and the weight will start coming off. You are doing all the right things. You had me giggling with your Survivor theory. I am hooked on that show. It drives DH crazy.
I am with everyone else, save the dog. We went to get another cat and ended up with the cutest puppy who is now very very LARGE. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Lauren, Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Vicky, Does your cruise stop in Puerto Vallarta? Wouldn't that be funny if were there the same time. We could hook up for a bit.

Karen & Pryia, Way to go on day 5. You guys are AWESOME.

Lisa, We are going to Puerto Vallarta. We have been quite a few places in Mexico and seem to have fallen in love with PV. I think this is trip 20 or 21 for me. I go every year in Nov with the girlfriends and then DH & I go in May.

Lyssa, I have a friend who swears by St Johns Wart.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Nanci

RoadRunner
04-13-2002, 10:15 AM
Nancy---That would have been totally strange if we would have been in PV...Nope, it doesnt go that far out..U have fun...

Just want to put my 2 cents in as a nurse---Herbs are good but please let your MD know that U R on them...If there is any surgery in the future, get off them for at least 2 weeks before..We cancel surgeries all the time for Metabolife, Xenadrine etc..SOme of those herbs make your blood thin...Ok..off the soap box!!!!I did take St Johns Wort after my friend disappeared(her story was on Americas Most Wanted last week again)and I swore by it..They only thing it did was make me sun sensative and I had a red face when excercising...

Well, off to make gift bags for the BD party!!!
:hb: :hb: :hb:
Have a great day all!!!!
Vicki

Pryia
04-13-2002, 11:45 AM
Hello:

RoadRunner: Have fun at the party!

I lost 5.8 this week!!

On to day 6 OP (Karen you with me)!

Be back later to post more. I have a 2.5 mile walk in my future. Skating has been canceled due to b-ball practice.

Have a great one!

:wave:

Backfor 2002
04-13-2002, 11:54 AM
Pryia,

Alls I have to say is CONGRATULATIONS! You worked very hard for it.

Nanic

LBH
04-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Hi All,

Well, being sick was not how I planned on doing it, but I lost 5 lbs. this week! :D I told DH last weekend that I wanted to lose 5 lbs. this week, and that it was possible, because I was starting over, so it would be like that first week big loss. Maybe I could eat like I'm sick al the time?! :lol:

Pryia- Congrats on your loss. :D

RR- Have fun with the party! :hb: Hope your sinus' are feeling better.

Karen- Congrats on being OP! :D

Lyss- Glad you're here reading! Hope you're feeling better soon! :D

Gotta run...going to get my linen closet today! :D Have a great day all!

BaileySG
04-13-2002, 01:50 PM
Can't talk. Too depressed - didn't win 220 million in the lottery:?: :lol:

Pryia
04-13-2002, 10:14 PM
Day 6 done and complete! Karen how is it going for you.

Sorry so short, but I am going out for the night.

Bailey-cheer up!!! It will be okay.

KarenK
04-13-2002, 10:41 PM
Hi all!! Well, I hiked 7.5 miles today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so tired I can hardly type!!:dizzy:

PYRIA: Yes mam!! Day number 6 OP!! My friend and I were so busy hiking we didn't stop for lunch. OK, so there was NO place to stop!!:lol: We went the wrong way so often that we almost doubled the distance that the owners of the cache posted for the hike!! It was supposed to be 4 miles. Anyhow, that really helped me with staying OP today!!

I'm sorry to all those I've missed, but I really am tired and my bed is calling me so loud I can't resist any longer. Hope you are all having a GREAT weekend. I know I am!!:smug:

:angel: (That's how I feel after being GOOD all week)

RoadRunner
04-13-2002, 11:32 PM
Hurray to Pryia and Lauren!!!!!Keep it up!!!

The party was exciting!!!6 hrs of running after kids up slides and down slides and in the ball pit!!!!:dizzy: :dizzy:

Yeah..Karen on the hike!!!!
Well off to bed to cuddle with the wonderful man I married!!!!
Vicki

lyssalou
04-14-2002, 06:21 AM
Just in case anyone reads this, we hit page 5 for our weekly board?!?! I am shocked!! You all are really talking up a storm. I will post more in the morning if I ever go to bed tonight (wait a minute, it is morning) I will wait until the sun comes up.