Exercise! - Breast Cancer 3 Day?

View Full Version : Breast Cancer 3 Day?

Thin4Good
09-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Can this go here? - I am signing up (right now) to do the 3 day in September 2009. I know I will need to train for it. I just finished week one of the c25k program and am starting week 2 tomorrow. Does that seem like a good place to start? Has anyone here done this?

Mrs Snark
09-04-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't know what the event "Breast Cancer 3 day" is (is it 3 days of running or...?)... but I want to wish you much luck in your training!

I did the C25k and thought it was a great program and it changed me from a total non-runner into an addicted runner, so I always highly recommend it!

nelie
09-04-2008, 04:15 PM
I've heard great things about c25k and it should help you in your training but I'd also recommend getting into hiking as well. Walking long distances can be boring but hiking may make it a bit more interesting for you. Walking for long periods of time requires training of walking for long periods of time :)

Good luck in your training!

Thin4Good
09-05-2008, 04:22 PM
There is more info at www.the3day.org - it is a 60 mile walk to raise money for the Susan G Komen Foundation. You do 20 miles each day.

There is a State Park just down the road from me. Maybe I could start there! I think the local runners group meets there often. - thanks!