Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #1  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Default ever happen to you???

Have you ever been eating something that you really want like a piece of cake or something like that and think to yourself that hey why am i eating this i am not even hungry or i really should not be eating this because it is being anti conductive to my weight loss. or something else along those lines in between bites then with the very next bite you feel like you are going to get sick or just all of a sudden you are no longer hungry for it?

this has happened to me on more then one occasion and i was wondering if anyone else got this way.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yes--and the best thing to do at that point is to get up and dump it in the trash while the thought is fresh!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #3  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Yes. Store bought cake. It always looks so good, but it never is. I've tossed a few pieces of cake at work for that very reason, and it's pretty nice to have gotten to that point.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Totally! Good for you, Mrsaugie. That's the guilty conscience talking, sister! Well, at least for me it is. I try to save those moments for food I really covet, like Tiramasu, Lady Godiva hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows, coconut ice cream, bananas foster, baklava -- good stuff.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #5  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

at least then i am not alone. i have taken one bite then thrown out the rest of what ever it was that i was eating.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

It happens to me, but not enough! I wish that little voice was lounder sometimes! Good for you!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:51 AM   #7  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Oh, yes I know that feeling. I've had cake or cookies in my mouth all chewed up and the next moment I was spitting them out in the garbage. I wasn't sick I was suddenly aware of what I was doing. It doesn't always happen that way because I've certainly swallowed more than my share of cake and cookies over the years. I try to plan my treats now and not just stuff them in my mouth when I come across them.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Happens to me. too. Sort of surprising as I've always loved sweets.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:38 AM   #9  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

funny you should mention this, I had something like this happen to me about a week ago, it was 12:30 am I walked into the bathroom that is attached to the kitchen and on the way back I saw a bag of Jax (like cheese puffs) on the table and I grabbed the bag and from the very first bite I thought "why take these my calories are done for the day" and with each bite I kept thinking "why are you eating these" and my answer was "because I want them!" so I ate what I counted to be about 1oz of the cheesy goodness and drank some water and headed to bed, I did end up adding the calories for 1oz to my daily caloric intake for the following day to make up for it and I think that it just proves that this is a lifestyle change for me and not just a diet. I wanted the Jax, I ate the Jax, I added it to my calories for the day no harm no foul. but I did at the very moment that I was eating them question why, but I was ok with why and went with it lol

I have lot 145 pounds in 8 months and that was the first time I have done something like that in that entire time.

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #10  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, I tend to make myself guilty if I'm having a treat. Even if I have calories left over for the night. I tend to be really hard on myself and will feel sick to my stomach when I catch myself eating any junk at all.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #11  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

I've started just taking one bite. It takes more willpower, but it's better (for me) than totally depriving. Hubby will take a piece of cake/brownie/whatever, and I'll just get a taste. Same philosophy applies to chocolates, so I've just started buying bags of prewrapped "tasting squares". Nothing tastes as good as that first bite anyway...
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote