Old 09-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/154/135

Height: 5'2

Unhappy You have got to be kidding me!?!?!?!?!

So I went to my gyno today to get ready for my tubal surgury on Friday....YAY .And of course they weigh you....BOOO. Well after all that crap, I saw my doctor. And what does he tell me??? I am at a high risk for diabeties (spelling I don't think right) because I am so over weight. I need to lose now....45 pounds. I am so upset right now I don't know what to do. I was losing this weight for looking better....mainly. And now I really do have to do it for my health. It just sucks, because if I get diabeties (???) they it will be even more of a struggle for me. I am really just sad right now because of all of this......
Mollyjean1631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/161/140

Height: 5"8

Hey! I know its a pain when people say this to you but stay positive! If your negative those are the kind of things that you attract into your life. If anything turn your thought process around. Consider the fact that the more weight you lose the further away from diabetes (however thats spelt) your moving. This is just how i get myself through things. Use it as something else to spurr you on. I have PCOS and was told i could get type 2 diabetes unless i sorted myself out aswell. Right now i see it as i have "the eye of the tiger" (pardon the Rocky pun) and im on a serious mission now.
I hope this has helped
Good luck with everything
Jade
xxx
Dark Angel Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Mollyjean. try not to so upset. Diabetes can be controlled by diet, ask your doctor about this. My son is diabetic and has lost a great deal of weght thru diet and exercise. His doctor has taken him off his diabetes medication.You can do it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #4  
Burning it away

I know the concept of diabetes is awful, but no matter how you feel about the risk is going to be there, So you can do two things - 1. Continue to feel ****ty about it or 2. Use losing weight as something positive to help PREVENT the diabetes. What use is feeling bad? This is your bodies way of telling you you're heading in the right direction. So dont give in, dont let yourself feed bad, your doing something positive for your body and for you. I believe in you
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I wish somebody had told me that when I was twenty-something! It would certainly have motivated me. Do it now while it's easier to lose because it sure is a drag later on in life.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

At risk is not a diagnosis. If you take birth control pills, you're at greater risk for dangerous blood clots, especially if you smoke. Most women who take bc, even those that do smoke do not get blood clots.

How many people "at risk" of getting diabetes do not get the disorder? I don't know, but I think it's fair to say that most do not.

That's not a reason to ignore the risks, but it's also not a reason to feel doomed or sentenced to diabetes. Using it as motivation can be a positive thing, but feeling it's a dark cloud over your head, probably won't help.

I probably erred in the other direction, as I didn't let the risks scare me, until I faced some pretty serious health issues. Some the weight may have causes, some were likely genetic, but the weight probably just made worse. I wish I had learned what I know now, many years ago. Perhaps I could have changed the outcome of some of what I've faced.

But, there's no use crying over spilt milk, as they say. I can't undo what I've done to my body, but I can undo some of the damage, and maybe prevent or at least postpone some of it.

Don't let this become a cloud over your head, look at the positives if you can (reducing your risk, rather than dealing with the consequences).

I know it doesn't sound like a "good thing," but better you avoid a problem rather than deal with one once it's occurred.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:43 PM   #7  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

i hope your feeling better after this message wa sput up. I agree with everyone here, and think u need to get some more clear advce on diet and dealing with diabeties. Im not gonna pretend i know what your going through, but from my experience with other people losing weight for a health goal, it can be HUGE motivator. Need to find some positive energy to start storming into this. Good luck, and we are all here for you.
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #8  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I agree that "at risk" doesnt mean a diagnosis. It just means you are more likely than the general population. Doesnt mean you are going to get it. That doesnt mean that you shouldnt take it seriously though! You were planning on losing weight anyway, now you just have an extra motivator And you were at risk for diabetes anyway, whether someone told you so or not. Now that you know about it, you can do something about it you can do it
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 154/154/135

Thank you everyone. I feel better. And like everone is saying, i dont have it. it is just a wake up call to lose the weight
Mollyjean1631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:50 AM   #10  

One of my review tapes (I'm a student -- gotta study on the go!) said that something like 90% of type-II diabetes can be reversed with enough weight-loss. Obviously that's not easy, but STILL, it is inspiring!
Transformer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:10 AM   #11  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

my mother was actually diagnosed with diabetes about 2 years ago....
no kidding since then she must have lost about 6 stone....
all she has done is cut the crap out and the sugar out....
just working in the house/garden like she has any other day....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:20 AM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking

Hello,

I have Type II Diabetes and my dr said the same, weightloss should get rid of it. I am trying, but yes like Transformer08 said, it is very tough!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote