WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for September

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for September

jar1965
09-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi everyone! HAPPY SEPTEMBER!!!!!

I thought that I would go ahead and get the new month started so I just copied and pasted Tina's intro from August~;)

For anyone new, we mainly follow the WW plans. We give out support and encouragement. We've been through tough times and happiness.
This is the place to come and stay.

I hope everyone survived Labor Day Picnics - OP wise! It's a new month so heres to some new energy!

Have a great day girls! Drink your water, shake those bootys and stay OP!

Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
09-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi all,
Jeanne, thank you, thank you, thank you for starting us off this month.
Wow, September again.:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

I did drink my water over the holiday weekend. I've even been drinking it today. Wow, what's with me. :lol:

Hopefully everyone will have a great September here. Please come and talk to us.:^:

:flow1:

auntie
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
GUESS WHAT!!!!

I PASSED!!!!:carrot::hug::D Needless to say, I am thrilled!!!! I was so scared when I got the email saying my results were in. I logged in and put my hands over my eyes, I had to look twice!!! I'm so glad that is over. Pat said "told you"

jeanne, thanks for starting us off!!!

jar1965
09-02-2008, 09:19 PM
YAY SUSAN!!!!!!!:::carrot::carrot:

auntie
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks!!!!

Pat said "I bet your headache and stomach doesn't hurt tomorrow," I have to agree!!

Tina
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM
:bravo: Susan, we knew you could do it!!!!!

maureen kempster
09-02-2008, 10:47 PM
WAY TO GO SUSAN!!!!! LOOKS GOOD ON YA

maureen

Tammy
09-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Woo Hoo to Susan!!!! Let's party!!!!!!

jar1965
09-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Yawwwwwn, morning everyone! Wow, this back to school schedule is killing me and it's only the thrid day! Haha~ I'm an early bird, but .........

My daughter goes to school 30+ minutes from here so I'm on the road for over an hour before my work day even starts!

Tina - Hi! Well after I read that you were doing so good with your water intake it motivated me to do the same. So, 2 days now I haven't had any pop and I bet I'm averaging about 70 oz. or so of water a day. I'm not really sure how many oz. you are suppose to drink in a day, but this is a TON more than what I was drinking. Thanks for the inspiration!;) whats new your way? How's the weather?

Tammy - Hi! Did you and Tim have a nice visit? How is he adjusting? Do you have any good book suggestions for me?:^:

Susan - I'm really glad that you did so well on your test! And...I'm glad that relieved that darn headache and stomach ache you were having! How's Pat? Has the mowing slowed down? Did you buy those goats yet?

Maureen - Hi! Let us know how you are doing! We think of you often. Did you make the move yet?

Dori - Hope things are well with you!

Well I have to scoot! Jessica is 21 today and started a new job yesterday in a salon, so I'm going to take her out for lunch! Have a great day everyone and stay OP!
Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
09-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi all,
Our weather was great this morning. It was about 68 degrees. That's a real change from the usual 80+ every morn. It will go back into the high 90's during the days, though.
I didn't do too well with my water intake yesterday. However, today is another day and I'm doing good so far. :)

I hope everyone has a great Friday.

jar1965
09-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone!

Tina - about that water intake.........oh my goodness......I can't get to the bathroom soon enough! lol! But this is day 3 for me working on that. However.......I must admit as I sit here (at work) I am drinking a diet pepsi! Couldn't help myself! ;)

Have a great day girls...........here's a little something for all of us........:dust:

Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
09-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Happy Saturday!
It's a quiet weekend around here. :(
Hey, I drank 2 diet Cokes today. I did drink 8 glasses of water. :)

jar1965
09-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Hey you texans...........(and you know who you are)........I think us little folks from Pittsburgh kicked some Texan Butt today! 38-17!:carrot:
:carrot:
hugs~
jeanne

Tina
09-07-2008, 06:45 PM
:tantrum: I'm not talking to you!!!!:mad:

;) :lol:

jar1965
09-07-2008, 08:51 PM
haha!

Tina
09-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi,
Well, we might get "Ike" here in the Gulf pretty soon. Wow, it's a busy hurricane season.

Susan, tell us all about your weekend. Did your dad have a great birthday party?

Tammy, what have you been up to?

Dori, you must be buried under a ton of school work.

Maureen, we're thinking about you. When do you move?

Jeanne, ------ :p I've already "talked" to you!!! :lol:

auntie
09-08-2008, 08:57 PM
HI,
Well Daddy's party was a HUGE success!!! He had a blast!! Three of his childhood friends came. Oh and my brother that married the hateful woman... came. He hasn't seen my family in 3 years. Welllllllll, he stayed 10 minutes! And they left mad!!!! He hurt his kids and my folks. I asked my Daddy if he was ok, and he replied "Yes but he is a big jack***" Oh when we were talking later, Daddy said my brother would not be welcome ever again in his house!!! He means it!!!!

My oldest brother called him today and he wanted to know if the party was ruined. Chuck said "No and it was a great party."

Guess I better get some school work done. Tomorrow is Open House! Yuck!!!

Tina
09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Guess what----I bought some scales! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
Now I need to unpack it and try it out. :o

Susan, that's great about the party being fun. In-laws can really ruin a sibling--I know that from experience. I'm so sorry that happened. But, your dad didn't let it ruin the party and that's good.
I hope you have lots of parents at Open House.

Jeanne, how are things? Now that its getting cooler up there, maybe you can mail us some chocolates. :lol:
Dori, please let us know all about your school work.

Maureen, it's nearly October. Are you still moving then?

Tammy, how's it going?

jar1965
09-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone! Not too much to report. I didn't have a very good OP day yesterday....PMS! Urgh! On pace for a better day today, but....working in a candy (chocolate) store.....that could go ca-put at anytime!:p We haven't been very busy this week yet.
We are getting rain today. Our yards reallllllllly need it! Mine is brown! I am going to put my fall stuff out tomorrow at home. Flag, scarecrow....things like that! I think the official fall/autumn day is the 20 something.
Well, I better scoot............lunch is calling! I went to farmers market and bought nectarines and they are so darn good!!! Sweet as sugar actually!
Talk to you soon. I sure hope everyone is ok. You've been so quiet!

Tina - Yippee on the scale! (well as "yippppee" as you can get about a scale....haha!) Hows the weather? Did you get Ike?

Susan - I'm glad you guys didn't let your older brother and sister-inlaw ruin your day! Yay for Daddy!!!!! I'm glad he enjoyed himself! I hope you have a good turn out for Open House today!

Hugs~
jeanne

CakeBatter
09-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Well I don't know what I can say in this thread. So I will say I am glad I found this site to have like-minded "chicks" to talk to. I love WW lost 7 pounds my first week and I can't wait to weigh on Thurs. Sometimes it is just good to talk to someone who actually cares.

Tina
09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
CakeBatter :welcome3:
I love your name!!! What can you say? Just about anything you can think of. :lol: We're all here in the same boat!
Congratulations on the 7 lb. loss.:carrot::carrot::carrot: I would love one of those.
Please keep coming back here.
Tina

jar1965
09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Hi Cakebatter!!!! Welcome to 3FC!!! So nice to meet you! Congratulations on your 7# loss!:carrot::carrot: Thats marvelous!!!! Feel free to talk about anything on your mind as well as your scale! We are easy going and love to talk! So, welcome again!

Hugs~
jeanne

CakeBatter
09-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks everyone for a warm Welcome.

First Question is can I have a ticker? They are so cute.

I am so glad I have started taking care of myself again healthwise....because I feel AWESOME. I can't wait to get off work and hit the gym. My 10% goal is a new pair of running shoes and a few new CUTE workout outfits. What yours? If you haven't alreadyt listed them

Tina
09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
good morning all,

CakeBatter, we're so glad to have you here. Could you tell us a little more about yourself?
I am Tina and I've been a Lifetimer since 1993. I haven't been at my goal weight for several years--but I'm getting there again. :D I live in south Texas and will be talking about hurricanes for at least another month. :lol:
You asked about getting a ticker. There is a rule that you must be a member for 20 days or post 20 times before you will be allowed to have one. There was some problem with Spam and that's why there's that rule.
Hey, come here often and you'll have your 20 posts in no time.

How is everyone doing today? I haven't gotten a good start on my water intake yet. I need to start working on that now!

CakeBatter
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Tina, I can totally tell you more about me. I Love to talk/type. I just turned 25 almost two weeks ago. In the past ten years I have done EVERY diet and I have lost weight but I always had that "After two week or a month I can eat again" mentality. On WW I don't feel like "when I get off this diet" metatlity.

Anyways about me personally, I love to read and shop and watch football. Any Pittsburgh Fans out there? I spend most of my time with my boyfriend . We travel a good bit. I have been to Cancun (w. friends), Orlando (w. boyfriend) and will be going to Vegas in Dec. I love to travel. My lifelong goal is to have a successful business that promotes women's self -esteem and inner-sexy. I have a business called "Superficial" but I want to be more personal and individual. It is hard to explain. I am sort of obsessive about things sometimes so please bare with me.

I reallyok forward to chatting with you guys and sharing LOTS of UPS and some downs.

SIZE 8 here I come.

Tina
09-10-2008, 05:20 PM
:( Where is everybody????

I really think we're going to get some rain out of this hurricane. I watered this morning so that must mean we'll get some. :lol:

I found a good fish recipe. I'll try it and then post, if it's tasty.

Susan, how was the Open House?
Tammy, please let us know how you are doing. What is Tim taking this year?

Dori, you must come up for air some time. :)
Jeanne, I know you are busy with work and kids.
Maureen, I'm thinking about you!
CakeBatter, thank you for telling us about yourself. :)

Tammy
09-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi to all. I just haven't been in the mood to be posting. Tonight was the
2nd meeting of the Hospice grief counseling session. I cried almost the entire time that I was there.

Tina, most of Tim's classes this semester are in the criminal justice area. I'm really not even sure of which ones he is taking. He seems to be liking them though, so hopefully his grades will show that at the end of the semester.

Going to Retired Teachers meeting/lunch tomorrow, and then I'll meet Carol and Melissa for supper.

Ladybug2680
09-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Hello ladies. Boy it's been a while since I've been on. So here goes a quick update.

School is going quiet well. I'm still trying to figure out how to effectively work within my 6/8 grade Math Resource class. I have 3 sixth graders who come to me and 6 8th graders all at the same time. Of course this is tricky because they are two two separate sets of standards. I have been to the administration, but their only answer is teach all of them 8th grade math. *sigh* My problem with that is the sixth graders won't be tested on 8th grade math. It's a bit frustrating, but I'm sure things will start coming together soon.

I'm still a little behind on my Master's program. I had to take an I in one class and had until Sunday to get everything in. Well low and behold my blasted computer started acting stupid and I didn't have it up and running again until Saturday. Now I could have gotten everything done on Saturday and Sunday, but I'm a huge procrastinator and I waited until Sunday. So let's just say I didn't get everything done. I'm already behind in my next class. It's so hard juggling work, school, being a mom/wife, etc.

On a personal note, I feel like a wreck most days. Spiritually I don't feel like I'm where I need or want to be in my walk with Christ. It feels like a constant battle and I wonder if it's ever going to get better. I battle with feelings of inadequatency (sp?). For once I my life I would love to look in the mirror and like what I see.

Well I feel as though I have rambled enough. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

jar1965
09-11-2008, 10:29 AM
:coffee:Morning Chickies! It's so nice to see everyone! :cool:

Busy busy busy here! But.............I'm still staying on OP as much as I can! I have really found the biggest improvement I've made recently is cooking and eating at home and I have also increased my water intake tremendously!
Exercise.............yea, well.............I'm not to darn good there! I get all excited and motivated and I do it for a couple of days and then......I seem to lose interest!:o
Kaitlin and I were in a minor car accident on Friday night. So my car......(my new pretty car:( is getting some very minor repairs done) There were no serious injuries. No worries! Oh, and it wasn't my fault! Thank goodness!
Work is good. We are picking up a little. We will get busy in the next few weeks! Yay! I haven't been eating chocolate and seem to feel better with that diverticulosis. I have to stay on that high fiber diet tho. I have learned to like white chocolate and I will eat a white peanut butter cup or two a week!

Dori - it was so nice to see your post! I'm sure you will do whats best for the kids! My older daughter took resource for math. It is such a pain when your computer goes down. I'd be lost without mine! I'm sorry that you are feeling so blue these days about yourself! You are a beautiful, smart, healthy (for the most part;)) talented, hard working mom & teacher! Take a bow and like yourself sweetems' cause you really are beautiful! Heres a big hug coming your way.......:hug:

Tammy - Hi!:hug: I wish I had the words to make you feel better! I don't know what to say cause I don't know what I'd do if I were in your shoes. Stay busy and remember Bob would want you to be strong for yourself and for Tim. You must stay healthy!!!! :hug:

Tina - Hi! Wow...........you pouted that nobody has been around and then boom...........everyone appeared! Good job on that pouting! ;) haha!
Can't wait to get the fish recipe. We love fish, but I never seem to prepare it correctly! I think of you everyday as I watch the news and listen for the areas of the storms. It's been a very busy season for you! Get on that water!!!!!

Cakebatter - It is so nice to hear your story. Wow, you are a go-getter and so full of motivation. You go girl! Stay focused and your dream of owning a successful business will happen. Good job on setting yourself a 10% goal with a reward for it! I think, if you don't mind me saying, you may just be our youngest - so please stay around and keep us young!!!
OH.................AND A PITTSBURGH FAN...............YOU JUST RAN INTO ONE! Tina was a little whiney because we kicked those Texan Butts last weekend! hahahahhahahahahah! Our house is completely decked out and ready for football season.

Well girls, I'm at work and really should "work" - so I'll talk to you soon. Stay OP, drink your water and shake some booty!!!!

Hugs~
jeanne

CakeBatter
09-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Hello ALL. Well today is my weigh-in day ...soooooo wish me luck. I walked 21 miles this week and stayed in my points (well i did use 3 flex points) so we will se how that pans out.

Dori- I am huge procrastinator too. You seem to be very busy. I am sure some one has already told you this....but I jsut commit to doing 30 minutes each day until the last day. And then when the last day get here even if I still have half of the work left then....hey it is only half.:)

Tina - Sorry about the butt whoopin' Hopefully you will beat the pants off the Ravens....they won the first and only Steelers game I ever went to and now I totally despise them!!!

Tammy - May God bless you. Only time will make this hurt better.

Everyone else have a great day!!!!! And make fun out of every incident you can.

Tina
09-11-2008, 01:10 PM
CakeBatter, Jeanne is quite a kidder.
I really hate to tell y'all------I'm not much of a football fan. :D
Basketball is my thing.

Tammy, you are always in my thoughts.:hug:

Jeanne, wow, I'm so thankful you and Kaitlin are all right.

Dori, you are just over-whelmed right now. You will teach the students the right things. Take time to breathe!

Susan, how was Open House?

I don't know if I'll have power this weekend. It looks like Ike will be coming awfully close to Houston. They say we'll have hurricane force winds even up here. I'm stocked up with water, ice, bread, and all kinds of canned food.

Tammy
09-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Tina, are you going to use that wood on your windows? I keep listening to the reports. Stay safe!!!!

Tina
09-11-2008, 05:34 PM
For now, we're just going to cover our kitchen window. It's one very large pane of glass.
Now they're saying Ike is veering more towards Galveston. That means it will come right up I-45 to Houston.
We've tried to get David to come spend the night with us tomorrow night but he wants to stay in his apartment.
Grown children!!!!!

auntie
09-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi My Friends,

This week has been a little overwhelming. Open House was good but it was a late night. Still recovering from no sleep in San Antonio.

The weather has been strange here so the kids at school have been off a little plus our hours are a little later so I think we are still not at full speed yet.

CakeBatter, it's nice to meet you!!! Glad you joined us!! I am another TEXAN!!!!

Tammy, you don't have to post!!! Just take care yourself. i'll call you this weekend.

Dori, glad school is going good.

Tina, be careful this weekend!!!!

Jeanne, I've noticed since I had my ulcer that there are several things I can't eat now.

Oh, I forgot to tell ya'll.... I have to have foot surgery. it will be a 3 month recovery!!! Guess what I will be doing next summer!!!!! I'm sick about it.

CakeBatter
09-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Hey guys,
I weighed-in yesterday and gained .6 pounds. I am totally bummed because I worked so hard and stayed exactly to plan. I cried when I left the meeting. I know I am wuss I am so sensitive about weight especially when I really try. I was all ready to give up but I figured if I keep following plan somethign has to give so here I am starting week 3. Wish me luck. I have a cookout this weekend and we are going dancing so I look forward to that.

Tina- Be safe this weekend. I will keep you in my prayers.

Susan - Hello nice to meet you.

Jeanne - It's gonna be a great game this weekend.

Tammy- I hope your taking care of yourself.

To everyone else have a great weekend and be safe.

jar1965
09-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Tina - Hey.......just a quick fly by to let you know that I was thinking of you. I hope everything "blows over" so to speak with Ike! I heard on the news they were doing a mandatory evacuation in Galveston. Please take care.

hugs~
jeanne

Tina
09-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi all,
CakeBatter, I know it's so frustrating not to lose when you work so very hard. :( But you will lose more. Your gain was less than 1 pound. That could be from water gain, too much exercising that would cause muscle gain, or even TOM coming.
You can do this!

Everyone, thanks for all your thoughts. Please do keep us in your prayers.
We have boarded up what needs boarding up. I have plenty of water and canned foods. I've grilled some chicken breasts and will cook some hamburger patties to keep.
Hurricane force winds should arrive here around 6 p.m. Wow!

Everyone stay OP and stay safe!

auntie
09-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Tina, ya'll be careful! Thanks for sharing Ike with us here. They are saying 100 mph winds. We have picked up everything possible from the yard. Keep us posted!

Cakebatter, don't beat yourself up. You could lose that by just going to the bathroom. I'm guilty of beating myself up too. I think we all are at some time or another.

Jeanne, how are you doing? Stay away from the white chocolate :)

Tina
09-12-2008, 11:33 PM
I always share with my friends. :lol:
We're just now getting some heavy gusts of wind. The tops of the trees, in the backyard, really blow when that happens. I'm afraid they will take out the power lines any time now.
We expect hurricane force winds around 1 a.m.
Why do these always come at night!

Love y'all,
Tina

jar1965
09-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi girls! Well it's morning............we'll just wait to hear from Tina cause I haven't heard anything on the news yet! Susan too!!!! Winds 100 mph! Geesh!!!

I'm suppose to be in Florida right now. I text my brother earlier and their flight just landed in Atlanta for a two hour lay over and then they'll fly into Fort Myers!:(:(:(without me!!!!!!!!

Well I'm at work so I am going to get a few things done around here and then head home to start my vacation. **The one I'm taking by myself at home because my husband has forced overtime. 92 hours this week!**

Have a great morning and I'll check back in with everyone later!

Hugs~
jeanne

auntie
09-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi,

Tina, it looks BAD down there!!! We are expecting rain and winds anytime now. I text my childhood friend down there and he said they had no power but all was safe in his house. I'm sure now you have no power.

Jeanne, 92 hours that is insane!!!!! Our LOVE field airport (Southwest Airlines) has closed as of 10 am due to the storms coming. I've never seen that before.

Well, off to do a few things this morning.

jar1965
09-13-2008, 01:46 PM
I know right.............It's almost UNBELIEVABLE!

maureen kempster
09-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Please you ladies in Texas stay safe!!-I'm still thinking of moving to Ottawa-as soon as I sell most of my things I think I'll head out-it's kind of scary because I'm not sure of the job situation there and it may be the biggest mistake I've made but I'm willing to make it

take care and I'm thinking of you all

maureen

auntie
09-13-2008, 10:26 PM
It's just raining here. Should be out by morning. Tina's area is out of power. I have another friend down there and they are without power. Hopefully it will be up and running soon.

jar1965
09-14-2008, 09:15 AM
GO STEELERS!:carrot:

Hey girls! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Staying OP? Drinking your water? Exercising? I've been kinda lazy and can't say that I have been OP! I am TOM!!! Urgh!

Cakebatter - Pittsburghs gonna kick some Cleveland butt tonight!:carrot:

Tammy - Hi! Hope you are feeling better!

Tina - Hey girl we are thinking of you and saying a prayer for ya! Can't wait until you get your power back so we can hear from you!

Maureen - so nice to see your post! I think of you often!

Susan - Hi! Thank goodness you are just getting rain now. Did you have any wind damage?

Well ladies - have a good one!

Hugs~
jeanne

auntie
09-14-2008, 09:29 AM
No wind damage here!!! Just rain and some wind. We got a GOOD rain but we needed it.

Pat's band went on and played at the club. I was so glad that he didn't want me to go. I had planned on getting LOTS done but the lots that I did was sit in the chair and sleep. Then move to the couch and sleep some more. Finally woke up around 10:30 and went to bed. I guess last weekend and all the stress is catching up with me.

I went yesterday to the massage school to get a massage. I never do that but I had a migraine and it helped for a little while. I think that' s part of the reason I slept so much too.

Don't even know who the Cowboys play? How bad is that??? :)

CakeBatter
09-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Susan- Glad to hear all is well at your home.
Maureen- HI
Tina- I am thinking of you and I hope everything is ok.
Jeanne- 92 Hours Holy Crap. GOooooooooooo Pittsburgh!!!!! I have on Jersey watching now. The weather is really sucky.

Well guys check in later.

jar1965
09-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Oh My Goodness!!!!!! Wooooosh we definately got a wind storm from Ike! That darn Tina shared it with us too! The winds were up to 60 mph (I know, nothing like the folks in the south had).....but crazy! There is so much damage in our little city and no school because there is no power. There are 12 houses with power in our neighborhood and we are one of them! :carrot:

Tammy - I was wondering if you got it as well being your only 2-4 hours from here!

Cakebatter - how about them Steelers! Wooohooooo!

Talk to everyone later!
Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
09-15-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm here again! Thankfully, we are all safe.

Ike blew straight through Houston. We had sustained winds of over 100 mph for a couple of hours. Our home is okay but two enormous tree limbs out front tore off. The other trees caught them so they didn't hit the roof. They are just hanging there.

In the backyard, tree limbs fell. We have two medium sized limbs on our drop wires.
Yardmen came today and cleaned up all the mess, except those hanging limbs.

Houston looks like a war zone with fences, trees, signs, roofs, etc. down in the streets.

David----in his apartment unit, there was a fire Saturday morning! It burned down the units right by his apartment.
Someone moved his car out of the way. Yesterday, we found it at the back of the complex. It's okay. He is staying with us because of the smoke and gas smells. (A gas line broke causing the fire.)

We've had water the whole time (not safe water to drink but water) but no power, in this heat!!! Now we have power.
I have my computer back>
Now I'm on my way out to find gas.

:)

Tammy
09-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Just stopping in to say hello!
Tina, I am so relieved that you are ok. I've been worried about you and your family. That is scary about David's apartment place!!! Who is going to be able to take care of those hanging limbs for you?

Susan, I hope that you won't be having anymore of those headaches!

Jeanne, yes, there is quite a bit of damage in our area. I only lost power for about 20 minutes, and I don't have any real damage. couple of limbs down in the back, but that's it. Oh, I lost a hanging plant for a while, but then I found it out in the field next to us!

The winds a bit south of here were up to 78 mph. Not like in the south, but who expects getting hurricane winds in Ohio? Our school was open and running on schedule. It's one of the only ones that went on time today. Most of the others were on a 2-hour delay (because of trees in the roads) or closed.

There are still areas around that don't have power. I talked to several people at the Y this morning who were there to shower before going to school or work.

One woman at the Y said that she was glad that it was a nice warm September day (84+ degrees). She mentioned what it would have been like in the winter with snow around! No more blizzards for me please!!

I seem to be doing better, so I'll try to get here more often.

Tina
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Me again. :)
Boy, I didn't know that Ike went way up to y'all. We had this little battery operated TV that we would watch at night. It just got the three local stations and all they talked about (naturally) was what we were going through.
In a way it's been nice not to hear about all the elections stuff. :lol:
I'm sorry y'all have had bad weather, too.

I just got back from buying gas. I waited in line for 45 minutes. I tanker truck came and brought gas. It was worth the wait to fill up the car.

auntie
09-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Wow, I can't believe that it was bad up there near Tammy and Jeanne!!! Us Texans like to share :D

Tina got it the worst!!!! Then ya'll...... we didn't get really anything. Just a winds and rain.

As for my headaches, I'm not sure if it's that time of the month headache or a exhaustion headache. Or even a combination!

It's the 3rd week of school and I can't seem to keep my head above water. It seems like I am barely getting stuff done. Hopefully all will get back in the right gear soon!!!

Pat just told me that his company is laying off 25,000 people in the next 3 years. Oh yeah!!!! Now something else to worry about :)

jar1965
09-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone! Well I stayed home yesterday and cleaned the yard up and took everything to the curb that was damaged in the high winds Sunday night. Over half of our city is still without power but they are getting there slowly but surely! No injuries reported so we couldn't ask for more!
Tonight is the first night for Biggest Loser. I'm patiently waiting! I love that darn show. My daughter and I are going to try to follow along with our weightloss this time. I didn't join the one here at 3FC! I didn't realize when sign-ups were and stuff!

Tina -:wave:So happy that you are all well! That is so scarey about the gas leak and Davids apartment complex! I'm glad his car wasn't damaged!

Tammy - hello! Yea, that was us that the winds got up to 76 mph! Geesh! I'm glad that you personally didn't have any messes to deal with! I chuckled when you said you lost your hanging plant.....but then found it! We lost our flag and grill cover and did not ever find them! The neighbors had a chair in their swimming pool along with other debri. Oh, and there was a kitty hiding in a blown over trash can between our house and the neighbors. The neighbors took him in!

Susan - Hi! Yea....thanks again! haha! Just kidding ya! I sure hope Pat isn't one of the ones to loose his job. I'll say a prayer for ya! Also, you are right about your headaches being a combination of both PMS and stress! :hug:

Well I better get going! Just checking in on everyone! Have a great day!
Hugs~
jeanne

Tammy
09-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Tina, it's good to know you had a battery operated tv to keep up on things. We have a radio somewhere that we keep handy during the winter, and right now, I have no clue where it is!!! Have to agree with you about the election stuff. I am tired of it also.

How high are your gas prices down there? Most of the places around here are $3.99 right now. Not as bad as I had expected, that's for sure.

Susan, maybe this winter, those of us up here with the snow can share with you and Tina! Wouldn't that be fun???? lol The only time I remember having wind like that was in 1978 with the blizzard that we had then. When I see the damage in this area from Ike, I just can't even imagine how bad it is in Texas. I've watched on TV, but it's kind of unreal unless you are experiencing it. I'm so glad that you guys are safe!!!!!!!!

I'll bet your headache is a combination kind, and with Pat getting that kind of news, it probably isn't going to get better. Keep us posted on the job situation, and as always, you guys are in my prayers.

Jeanne, there were crews from this area of Ohio who were headed to Texas even before Ike hit, and some of them had to be called back. I heard on the news a while ago, that there are crews coming in from Indiana to get Dayton and Cincinnati up and running again.

I've never seen the beginning of the Biggest Loser. I even have it marked on my calendar to watch it tonight. Last night at water aerobics everyone was talking about a quarter auction they are going to tonight, and they asked if I wanted to go. Going for supper first, then to the auction. I told them yes. There will be dealers there from Mary Kay, Tupperware, Tastefully Simple, and I don't remember what else. Not sure how it works, but I'll find out tonight. I guess I'll have to catch a rerun of the show. The auction starts at 7:00.

I just went out to check to see if our grill cover was still here!! I hadn't even thought about that. It's here!! Tim and I had it tied down pretty good after we used it last. I think we'll be using it this weekend when he is home unless we end up running around the whole time.

Have a great day!

Tina
09-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi,
I'm sorry so many got Ike up your way.
Susan, I just know Pat will keep his job! I'm praying for both of you.
Tammy, do let us know about that auction. I've never heard of such a thing.
Dori, how are you doing?
Maureen, I can't imagine what you're going through, selling everything and moving without a job waiting.
CakeBatter, how are you doing?
Jeanne, how is your husband holding up this week? Did you or your daughter ever get a stiff neck or something as a result of the wreck?

I wish everyone could see what's going on around here. It really is like a war zone, although I've never been in one. :lol: Only a few people are allowed to go into some grocery stores because the power is off and they're running on one generator.
Places are just taking cash.
There's only so much gas you can buy---after waiting for sometimes an hour in line.
FEMA has set up stations where you can receive ice, water, and MRE packets (food).
It's spookey at night when it's so dark out.
I could go on----but I won't.:D

Tina
09-17-2008, 10:06 AM
How is everyone doing this bright, cool day!
We have power but our central a/c isn't working. :( It needs a new motor. It will be repaired this afternoon.
The "tree man" came yesterday and will return tomorrow, with crew, to remove the hanging limbs in the front and back. Our garbage was finally picked up yesterday. So, life is moving on for us.
There are still 1.2 million customers without power down here.

I went to the grocery store yesterday. Fruit was out and I bought a lot of it. I'm still leary of buying eggs and milk, though. We'll just eat canned stuff a few more days.
Hope we all have a great OP day!

jar1965
09-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone! It was a nice cool & comfy day here too! My husband.........where? ........who? ...........do I have one of those? Oh yea, just kidding. He is working working working. Again, thanks to Ike!
His company makes electrical steel so of course they benefit from most natural disasters. As sad as that sounds! They are busy making new transformers and stuff to get to Texas! He can hardly keep his eyes open when he eats! Tina - he asks about you guys everyday!;) When he is home...........6 hours............he sleeps! We are use to him working a lot - maybe not 92 hours...........but definately about 70 a week is his norm! However.............every couple of months he gets a long weekend which is usually Thursday - Monday.
So today I went for groceries and I saw that WW makes cream cheese. Mmmmm, I love cream cheese. So, I bought it. Both the tub and the individual singles to take to work. I'll let cha' know if they are good! I am really pleased with their products. Maybe a little pricey, but for the most part really good. And.............let's face it...........what diet isn't pricey?!?!?
Well the dryer is yelling out my name........that darn thing.........I thought it would get the hint when I ignored it the last couple of hours!!!!!:p
Have a great day everyone and I reallllllllllllllly hope everyone has a great WI tomorrow. I'm not feeling it........but, we'll see!
Hugs~
jeanne

jar1965
09-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh......PS........Did anyone here watch the Biggest Loser last night?

jar1965
09-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Hi girls! I hope you are all ok! It's soooooo quiet! I'm lonely!:o

Well I tried the new WW cream cheese. I think that it would be hard for some to get use too. However........I was eating low-fat/fat-free anyways so I thought it was pretty good. The bagels are a little bland! But hey, that was a 3 point breakfast!!!!!!:D
I started writing down everything I eat again! I hope that helps.

Well, I better go get some laundry done and see jessica off to work. She was told Weds. that she can start accepting clients. :carrot: I'm going to make an appointment with her for next week to get some color. Thank goodness.............do you know how much this is going to save on my floors and counter-tops! I yi yi! We have traces of hair color everywhere. My poor towels too! :devil:

Okie dokie ladies......have a great day and stay OP! I'm going to try and get a walk in today!
Hugs~
jeanne

jar1965
09-19-2008, 08:30 AM
You are a Beautiful Woman!!!

Below is a wonderful poem Audrey Hepburn wrote when asked to share her "beauty tips?" It was read at her funeral years later.

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness...For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone... People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

Tina
09-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Hi,
Jeanne, thanks for the tip about the WW cream cheese. I'd rather have just a little real cream cheese than the light kind. I imagine that the WW kind is like the light ones. Am I right?
It's nice to have the a/c working again. Our weather is supposed to begin getting warmer now. There are still about 1 million CenterPoint customers without power. Today I saw some crews from New York and North Carolina working in our neighborhood. It's so nice when people work together!!!

Has anyone ever eaten an MRE? My sister got a box of them at a FEMA station. She gave me three to try.

That's all for tonight. Tomorrow, we're going to a funeral of a dear friend. He was put in a nursing home, got ill, and stayed in the hospital for 3 months before passing. I hope that doesn't happen to my mother.

Everyone needs to post so we know what's going on with you.

Tina
09-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Happy Saturday,
Here's a really good slide show of pics. They were sent to the newspaper by several people. I hope everyone is having a good day.
http://www.click2houston.com/slideshow/17466546/detail.html?taf=hou

jar1965
09-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi Tina! I watched the slide show and I am shocked!!!!!! It really does look like a war zone!

Hugs~
jeanne

auntie
09-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi,
It's been a busy week. Pat has a sinus infection now and feels lousy. I came home yesterday after a long day feeling lousy. I still do today but think part of it is that part is I haven't slowed down for a while.

Tina, we have some MRE's here at home. I live with the most prepared man!!! We have everything in the event of an emergency. We've tried one of the MRE's and it wasn't bad. I think we have enough for several days to a week. I can't remember. I'm sorry about your friend.

Jeanne, you are doing great with staying OP. It will show up on the scale.

Well both of our scales are broken. I tried new batteries but it didn't help. I'll have to go get one tomorrow if I feel better. I can't live without one. :)

Tammy, :hug: how are you doing? How is Tim?

Nothing new here. I slept most of the day so I hope I can sleep tonight.

auntie
09-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Tina,
I just watched the slideshows of the area. It's horrible!!! Such landmarks destroyed.

It breaks my heart to know that so many have lost so much and are having go through all of this.

jar1965
09-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi everyone! Hope your having a great Sunday! Well, I got up and made a small batch of sugar cookies for the family. Thinking I wouldn't eat any!:rofl: I only made them because I got a new fall leaf COOKIE CUTTER! Now, isn't that a silly reason to make cookies when your on a diet! Well anyways.........I charged myself 6 points for it and I actually won't run over my points for the day............But think of all the good stuff I could have had during the football game today!
It is absolutely a beautiful fall day here. The neighborhood is busy mowing and putting up fall decorations. And many of us were washing and detailing our cars. Our houses are very close together and we only have on street parking. But it is a nice neighborhood for the most part. Theres a couple of rental homes on our street that the landlords rent to "anyone" and this gets a little frustrating for homeowners that take care of there homes. Especially because the houses are so close together. Well I think I'm going to go sit on the porch and enjoy the sunshine:cool:! I got a new book. I think I'll start it!

Have a great day everyone! GO STEELERS!!!:cheer2:
hugs~
jeanne

Tina
09-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi Everyone,
Jeanne, you make me want to get out my Halloween decorations. I'll wait another week, though. I think I can smell those sugar cookies. I love sugar cookies!!!!!
What book are you reading?

Susan, how are you feeling? And, how is Pat? Has he heard anything about the downsizing? I hope you can take it easy today.

Dori, you are quiet. Are your classes getting easier to handle? I hope so.

Tammy, we miss hearing from you - but we understand. How are you and Tim?

CakeBatter, how are you doing?

Maureen, has your family found you a place to live? What did your boss say about your leaving? Be sure to pack your roller blades. :D

We got our dangling tree limbs cut yesterday afternoon. My exercise today will be raking up all the little twigs and leaves that were left in the grass. It's nice outside, 83.
Take care and stay OP!

sweetkam
09-21-2008, 07:09 PM
hello ladies! My name is kam and this looks like an exciting group to get me motivated! i have been doing ww for awhile without much results. but now i am extremely determined to get this going like i should. thanks for all your wonderful posts.

Tammy
09-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the group Kam!!

Hello to everyone. I have been reading, but I just can't get motivated to post. Maybe someday I'll return to "normal". I have a good day, and I think, Hey! This is great! Then the next day, it's back to a not so good one.

Tim was home for the weekend. He left a few hours ago. Bob's birthday is tomorrow. My brother and SIL are taking me out to eat.

I'm having 2nd thoughts about going to GA this winter. I don't want to be here for the cold, but I'm getting nervous about being by myself.

I do think of all of you often, and I keep you all in my prayers.

maureen kempster
09-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone
I've finally made up my mind-I'll be leaving Edmonton by the end of October and heading to Ottawa-my brothers and sisters don't seem to think I'll have a hard time finding a job-that's the only scary thing for me-I wonder if I go to job interviews on my roller blades they'll not think I'm too old!!!!!-I tried adding a picture on my profile-not sure if it worked-I hope you're all okay and you all have a super week-this sunflower is in my sister's garden-she says it's not that red but more burgandy

maureen

jar1965
09-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Hello everyone:wave:

Welcome Kam!!!! So nice to have you! :welcome2:

Maureen - Hi! So nice to hear from you! I love your avatar! That sunflower is beautiful! I'm sure you're making the right choices. :hug:

Tammy - All in due time! Don't rush yourself!:hug:

Tina - Hello! Hope things are getting cleaned up in your neck of the woods! Anything new?

Hi out to Dori & Susan & Cakebatter! Hope
you gals are doing good!

Talk to you later~
jeanne

sweetkam
09-22-2008, 05:34 PM
:thanks: for the warm welcome! This week is going great! the weather has been amazing! So great in fact that i am riding my bike to work in the morning! I am getting really excited about riding! too bad that fall means winter in Colorado! but we will see! hope all of you are having a good monday! :carrot::bike2:

auntie
09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi All,
It's school time again. I think I slept all weekend so I should be good and rested. However, I'm still tired tonight. I think there is a bug going around. Plus allergies!!

Welcome to the group Kam! We are glad to have you. Colorado is someplace I would like to go to someday.

Tammy, You take your own time. Grieving is like an ocean, you never know when the waves will hit. Happy Birthday Bob!!!! I know Seamus is helping celebrate!!!

Tina, how are you doing down there?

Jeanne, you are always so positive.

Off to watch a little t.v.

jar1965
09-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Hi girls! Things have been going good OP wise! I'm still trying to get my water intake where it should be!:shrug: And exercise.........yea, well........

Kam- Hi! How did your bike ride to work go? It was a beautiful fall morning here but I didn't get up early enough to walk before work. Maybe my daughter and I'll do it after dinner tonight. Before The Biggest Loser comes on.

Susan - Hope you got rested up! Sounds like you might be fighting some allergies! I know a bunch of people with the stomach flu right now too! Urgh! I don't want it!!! No sharing! k!
Oh............as far as positive - thanks for that! I really have to admit that for years I was so depressed and negative. I really had a rough 10 years after my mom died. We have experienced so many deaths in our family including my sister and she was only 24. It was after my daughters (both of them in a car) accident that I became greatful for my life and theirs. My youngest was in a coma for over 2 weeks and we had so many close calls. I begged and begged God to keep her alive and I guess he decided we've experienced enough tragedies and gave us ALL a second chance to appreciate life. We absolutely love life to the fullest that we can. Oh now, don't miss understand....we do have some down times, but for the most part we snap out of it pretty fast. As far as getting "depressed" over my diet..........I don't......maybe down for a few days but I refuse to let the diet control my happiness. I think God wants me to weigh 230#! Cause that is where I have lingered for years now. My husband says that my hobby is diet. That the difference is that I don't get overly obsessed with it anymore. Sometimes I whine to you girls, but....thats what friends are for. Well enough about that! Just wanted you to know where I was coming from! :hug:

Tina - Hi. I'm reading Shoe Addicts Anonymous. I just boxed up 20+ books and brought into our breakroom at work and let the girls have them! I have so many.

Tammy - :wave:

CakeBatter - How are you? Please post!

Well gotta scoot. I've spent wayyyyyy too much time on here! (I'm at work.......shhhhhh.....heeheee)
Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
09-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi friends,
Sorry I've been MIA so much, without posting much.:o
Does anyone know what a trauma it is to have to completely empty the frig? :cry: It's terrible!!!!
However, I'm refilling it with healthy foods. It's just those little things that you use every day that have to be replaced.
Okay, enough!

Kam, :welcome3: I've been to CO once and loved it! I'll bet your Fall is pretty.
Jeanne, you have had a hard time. Your view on life now is an encouragement to everyone. :hug::hug:

Susan, I hope you can stay well.

Tammy, I'm glad you come here to read the posts, if not to write. I'm glad Tim got to spend some time at home with you.

Dori and CakeBatter---please post!

Maureen, I love that flower. Your sister must have a green thumb. Hang in there. You are making the right decision. :hug:

Is everyone ready for Fall? I'm going out this afternoon to the hobby store and get some decorations.
(We need a Fall avatar, don't we!)

jar1965
09-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Morning "chickies"! Well I got on the scale this morning for a sneak peek and I have lost! Woohooo! I am hoping for 1 more pound before posting tomorrow morning. My husband brought home 6 donuts from the bakery near us.:( I know I know! You know I don't think he does it to be sabatougeeeee - I just don't think he gets it. He doesn't diet, nor has he EVER! And, in his defense.............I have NEVER told him NOT to bring that into the house. And he only does it like once every 6 months! It's really his treat because we don't keep anything sweet here more than the 100 calorie packs! And lets face it.........in my "line of work" I can pig out on sweets ANYTIME!!!! OK, I think I convinced myself that this is going to be an ok morning even with donuts on the kitchen counter. Thanks for listening! And they better be gone when I get home today!

Tina - I can only imagine what the clean up must be like! Right down to the refrigerator! :hug: At least you are refilling it with healthy stuff!;) Hope things are getting back to normal there.

Hello to everyone else! Talk to you soon. Have a good OP day and good luck on tomorrows WI!
hugs~
jeanne

sweetkam
09-25-2008, 09:54 AM
hey! Thanks again for the welcomes! Colorado is a really beautiful place to live! I LOVE IT! some of our leaves are starting to change. my fav. is the burning bush it turns fire red! well i had a pretty good day yesterday! But i think that i might be getting sick! that would really bite! lol anyway i hope you all have a wonderful day and here is a little :dust: to get you though the rest of the week!
:val1:,
kam

jar1965
09-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Happy Friday Girls! Just a quick fly by to say hi and wish everyone a great OP day!

Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
09-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Did everyone have a good Saturday!
It was pretty quiet around here. I'd planned on using the treadmill but never got to it. I watered the grass and picked up a few more sticks and little branches. I don't know how long it'll be before they come pick up all these limbs. It's a very big job!

Hope everyone is okay.

Tina
09-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Okay, it's Sunday night and it's too quiet on this thread. :(

Tammy, do you have that new puppy yet?
Susan, where are you? I hope you're not sick.
Jeanne, did you have a fun weekend? Is your husband still working lots of overtime?
Dori, let us know how school is doing.
CakeBatter----how are you doing, girl?????

Maureen, I hope things are going well for you. When is your moving date?

It was such a pretty day today. I ended up walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes, instead of outside. Maybe in the morning, I can get out there.

jar1965
09-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Good Monday Morning! It is really quiet around here!:( I'm wondering what all my side "chicks" are up to these days!?!?!?!

I had a terrible OP weekend. We were so busy at work with a sale Saturday that I ate and ate and ate CHOCOLATE! After that I still had a family dinner yesterday with my brother and his family and I ate .......really........I think........an entire pumpkin roll by myself! Not too mention the rigatoni, meatballs, and italian sausage OH AND italian bread!:o Ok........but it is all gone and it is Monday, so I have 4 days to show improvement!!!!

Well, I really hope to see some posts when I get back on later. I have been thinking of all of you! Have a great day! Stay OP! Drink your water! AND.....shake that booty!
******GO STEELERS!*********Hugs~
jeanne

auntie
09-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi All,

It's hard to believe it is Monday AGAIN!!! I have been so busy with school and then it seems on the weekend that I never feel good. I know it's allergies! I have managed to exercise.

Now get this, I have pretty much given UP diet dr. pepper!!!! I know it's hard to believe it. I think it's making a difference too. I have one every now and then. I'm drinking just water or tea. Go figure!!

Tammy, how are you doing? Know we are here for you!!!

Tina, how is the clean up going? What a mess down there!

Jeanne, don't beat yourself up and start fresh today!

We have decided not to go out to eat except one day a week. So we pick very carefully. I think that is going to make a big difference too. I will keep you posted on that.

Someone said to me today " Are you losing weight?" She also said she was embarrassed to ask. I was thrilled someone could tell! :)

Tammy
09-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Stopping in to read and just say hello. I picked up Maurice yesterday, and he is so cute! He woke up crying a couple of times last night, but I sang to him, and he went back to sleep.

Hope you are all doing well. I think of you often, just not back into the groove yet.

jar1965
09-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi girls!

Not much new here to report! I got back on track yesterday and had a good OP day. However, I'm not feeling well. My diverticulosis is acting up again. I must have eaten something over the weekend. I just can't put my finger on it tho. I have been journaling - but for some reason I didn't write anything down on fri or sat! Grrrrrrr! This is the 2nd re-occurance since my tests' in July. I don't think I should be getting it this often!!!

Well, I'm at work so I better scoot. Have a good day everyone!

Hugs
jeanne

Tina
09-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi all,
Susan, you need to rest!!! Congratulations on people noticing your weight loss. :)

Tammy I know you are going to enjoy little Maurice. When we got Smokey, I put a clock under his covers. I'd heard that it sounded like a heart beat. It helped him. However, your singing to him did the trick. Love ya, friend!

Jeanne, I'm so sorry you're feeling crummy. Drink lots and lots of water.

Tina
10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Happy October!!!

:witch:

sweetkam
10-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I found this wonderfully true poem to share with all of you!
Mirror Mirror

Mirror mirror on the wall
do you have to tell it all?
Where do you get the glaring light
to make my clothes look just too tight?

I think I'm fine but I can see
you won't cooperate with me.
The way you let the shadows play
you'd think my hair was turning grey.

What's that you say, a double chin?
No that's the way the light comes in.
If you persist in peering so