Support Groups - "CRAZY CANUKS CLUCK CLUB" -- Fall 2008

meowee
09-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi Crazies . . . . . .

FALL is definitely 'in the air' and although it doesn't officially start until the 21/22, Labour Day always seems like the beginning of Autumn to me . . . so here we are with a brand new thread . . .

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome: . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the new thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . . :grouphug:

meowee
09-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Hope everybody finds our new spot . . . :yes:

The weather around here continues to be wet -- yesterday was really dreadful -- today doesn't look too much better.

mollymom
09-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I am a C(razy)C(anuck) too! I live in Sarnia, Ontario..which means I can get the best of both worlds so to speak. I can run across the bridge(depending on the backups...can be stuck up to an hour if you don't time it right) to Port Huron Michigan to find good stuff people talk about.

I may B**** about winter...but I wouldn't want to be a citizen of any other country....unless of course there is a warm one with a stable government, good jobs and AC when it gets hot! That is my unattainable dream...with a house with a pool, a beach and open to the wonderful weather where it never rains...never hurricanes etc. If you know of such a place please let me know....I am currently debating my retirement options!

I hate hate hate winter. I am very conscious that this is now September and it is all downhill from here, until April...which at least in my part of the country (banana belt of southern ontario) is enough to give one a breath of hope that this(winter) will end!

I fight so hard in the winter to keep on any sort of program. When it is dark, I just want to go to bed, which in my part of the planet could be around 5PM! I crave carbs, I just want to sleep, I don't want to work out! Did I mention I HATE WINTER?

i am still trying
09-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi there,
I am new to this thread. I live in Ottawa and right now the weather is amazing for the first time all summer. there's only one problem, i am a teacher and return to work tomorrow so dont get to fully enjoy the sun :(

I find that the fall is the best time for me to stay focused, (or get focused lol) on my plan. Since my routine is getting back to normal after two months off I finally have an eating routine, and workout routine again. Can't wait to chat with you all. I'm heading outdoors to get in some relaxing before the chaos for the first day of school in grade 2!!

meowee
09-01-2008, 01:02 PM
:welcome: to both of you Banana Belters . . . :lol: . . . I'm originally from Ontario -- born in Toronto and my last 10 years (before moving down east) was in Kitchener.

Fall is my favourite season -- love both the temperatures and the colours -- too bad it means Winter will be along shortly. Since I'm an old retired person now, Winter doesn't seem so bad because I don't have to go out in it unless I want to.

cdnwebgurl1
09-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi All:

I was out last night way past my bedtime of 9 p.m. as hubby and I and some friends went to the largest Ribfest in Canada - the Burlington Ribfest. We did not eat any ribs - we actually went for the music and were not disappointed. It was a spectacular night on the Shores of Lake Ontario.

The chairs were a little uncomfortable but after we paid $2 for the shuttle between parking and the event site, there was no other costs invloved unless you wanted to buy something.

I am still working up to being around crowds of people and this is only my second event where there have been crowds of people. Overcoming fears is really hard but I am trying really hard to face the fear and do it anyway.

Today dawned through a bright and cloudless sky with fab temperatures and little humidity.

Hope everyone's day is going well all of you,

Cheers,

cdnwebgurl1:hug:

RealCdn
09-01-2008, 02:32 PM
You know, every year I talk about going. I've even had a couple of invitations from a friend who lives in the downtown area. So I could go park at her place and we could all walk over. Somehow I never get around to it. Who knows, one of these years... :)

(I live in Burlington, so you think it would be easier.)

JuliaDH
09-01-2008, 02:47 PM
We missed the CNE this year so we are taking the kids to Western Fair in London. Never been before!

Ruthxxx
09-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm not in the "banana belt" but in eastern Ontario fairly close to Ottawa in the beautiful Rideau Lakes region.

I am currently trying to blank out the thoughts of winter and trying to suck the juice out of these last few summer days! I'm also trying to avoid thinking of winter although the lads come tomorrow to clean out the chimney in my woodstove. Hmmm - time to order more firewood?

meowee
09-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

How can you tell that the last long weekend of Summer '08 has passed into history -- this morning the sun is shining, that's how. :lol: Doesn't really matter to this ORF, but I feel sorry for those that had their last weekend of freedom before the start of school ruined by Mother Nature.

Glad to hear that her DS Gustav has fizzled out; not so glad to hear that her lastest DD Hannah is picking up steam -- especially since 'they' are saying she might be annoying us in NS by the coming weekend. Hey, a lot can change between now and then.

Hope everybody else is having a good day . . . try to keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . :carrot:

meowee
09-03-2008, 09:21 AM
:wave:

JuliaDH
09-03-2008, 09:25 AM
:flow1:Good Morning:flow1:

Ruthxxx
09-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Sheesh, Julia, that's hard to read. I needed to put on my dark glasses. :lol:

It sure is a warm one today! The dogs are campaigning for me to re-fill their wading pool but I'm holding out as it's all cleaned up and ready to be stashed for winter.

Did a shop at Wally-World today. It sure was quiet compared to last week. No squalling kids or stressed out parents. I picked up an assortment of quilting fabrics for my Block of the Month class that starts this Saturday. I am doing a Be Attitudes Quilt (http://softexpressions.com/software/books/4FF01341.php) with 12 applique blocks. That should keep me out of trouble this winter as we do two per month. Our minister isn't leaving but will be one of these years and this will be a great gift for her. Anybody else quilt besides Meowee who has taught me a lot?

Hort Society meeting tonight so I have to figure out something coolish to wear as it'll sure be hot in the upstairs room of the Community Centre.

Hope your Hump Day went well.

meowee
09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

Took four tries to get to the internet this morning -- but, obviously, I made it. :lol: A friend gave me a number for a local ''wizard" to call so I don't have to lug the thing in to Staples and leave it there. so far . now answer, but my guess is that he actually works somewhere and only does computer stuff on the side so I'll try again this evening.

Supposed to be a sunny day today -- so far it's been raining. :shrug: Hopefully things will improve this afternoon. Tomorrow night we start to see heavy rain from Hanna -- oh joy.

Ruth and I are very different quilters. She favours the more intricate applique work and I'm all about quicker methods of piecing. We are the same in that we both prefer quilts to blankets. This is a hobby with room for all. :yes:

Be interesting to hear if we do have any other quilters on this thread. Actually, even if you are not a quilter, do let us know what kind of handiwork type of stuff you do -- as well as quilting, I knit, and crochet, and do cross-stitch, and, of course, also make most of my own clothes, and have been known to do some tole-painting too.

Okay, guess I'd better get myself moving and shaking around 3FC while I've still got an internet connection. See you later . . . :carrot:

meowee
09-05-2008, 07:49 AM

Looks like another gloriously nice day today . . . after that, who knows, Hanna is supposed to 'caress' us late Saturday/early Sunday.

The desk-top has an appointment for this afternoon about 3 . . . add to the time estimate from the 'wizard-guy' of 5 or 6 hours in his shop plus another hour or two when he brings it back, the fact that it is the weekend, and the fact of the coming sorm, (with possible power outages), I have absolutely no idea when I will get back on-line. :dizzy:

See you, eventually . . . :lol:

Ruthxxx
09-05-2008, 08:28 AM
I've no idea where yesterday went! Two friends dropped in around ten and we sat and talked until noon. I did enough in the kitchen to heat it up - dehydrator and crockpot both at the same time so it was pretty warm by suppertime. Strange to have to turn on the AC in September when I'm usually turning on the heat!

I hope that Hannah brat is really tired by the time she wanders through the Maritimes. And after that we get her brother Ike! I don't think we've had a hurricane here in Eastern Ontario since back in the 50s and I can't even remember her name. They were all named after women then, the dark ages before we became PC and that's no the Party!

meowee
09-05-2008, 08:33 AM
That was HAZEL . . . and she was a nasty little wench.

Down here in NS . . . we got to entertain JUAN a few years ago.

Hope IKE decides to leave us alone and isn't too nasty to you either. Then, we can start to wonder what JOSEPHINE is planning.

:yikes:

cdnwebgurl1
09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
As most of you know I have been off work due to Major Depressive Disorder and now I have my Fall therapy plan including a return to work slated to begin in December 08 /January 09. I am afraid it will not work out.

I have a range of emotions I am feeling right now and I weighed myself yesterday and I am UP 3lbs over the month to a solid 280. I like to blame the medications I am on or the fatigue that I feel but bottom line is that while I eat all the right foods, lots of whole grains, not much fried food, no fast food, little junk foods, what I do eat I eat too much off and I don't exercise enough.

That will change on Monday when I go to the pool to buy my water-fit pass. As I am on a fixed income, I get a year's pass for $35 or so and I have water fit 3 X's a week m/w/f plus the option of evenings as well.

I broke my leg last December while out walking our two dogs on the rail trail and I still have pain in the leg despite it being healed according to xrays. I expect I damaged tendons and ligaments as well and they are taking their own sweet time to recover. The extra weight can not be good for them to heal.

Sorry for the vent, I could use some support and suggestions if any of you have anything similar you would like to share.

Thanks

CDNWEBGURL1:?:

RealCdn
09-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Losing weight without exercising is hard, but not impossible. Most of our weight loss comes from the foods that we eat. I have two (actually three now) calorie levels that I eat at. Some people do well with that, others don't. However, if I have a day when I cannot exercise I eat at the 'no workout' level. On the days I do either cardio or weightlifting I eat at the levels I've picked for them. I've had weeks where I've had to cut the exercise levels down for various reasons, but I've managed to stop it from affecting my overall loss.

So, although the water fit will be good, getting the food intake into line will help more in the end. I'm not sure how often you're weighing yourself but do remember that there are all sorts of things that can affect weight in the short term (salt, water hydration level, period, time of day, etc.) Don't be disappointed with one upward spike. Like myself, you're in it for the long term, so think ahead to the things you can change.

cdnwebgurl1
09-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi Ann:

Thanks for the note, I appreciate having someone to share with, onward and upward with this lifestyle change :).

How about this weather eh? Rain, for once we actually do need it just not so much of it.

So how is school going?

Cheers,

cdnwebgurl1 :)

RealCdn
09-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Ruth - I was curious so I looked - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Hazel

cdnwebgurl - School starts tomorrow (I skipped out on orientation week as I don't think much has changed at Mohawk over the last couple of decades). Well, okay, things have changed, but still. I should probably have gone to the welcome session on Thursday, but with gas the price it is I really didn't want to drive to Hamilton for an hour talk. I'd already taken care of the other things that I needed (ID card, books, locker, etc.) so I should be okay. :)

Everyone else :wave:

Ruthxxx
09-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Good Monday Morning and it looks like a good one here in Eastern Ontario. I hope so as I may have to drive to Ottawa with my sick dog.

Cdnwebgurl, :welcome: to Crazy Canuks. Losing weight is difficult for some of us but we have to just get determined. This summer has not been good for me but I'm doing the thumb in the bum routine now that fall is approaching.

RealCdn, thanks for the link to Hazel. I had forgotten some of that. (I was 15 at the time and you weren't even born!) Mohawk College? Are you taking or teaching a course. I taught at Algonquin for a bit.

Spoke with Meowee yesterday and she is still computer-less. She's also in major withdrawal and anxious to get back online. I told her to just go and quilt! When she visited me in May, I found out she's as addicted as I am!

Have a glorious Monday - signs of fall are marching south but no geese yet.

cdnwebgurl1
09-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Ruth et al:

I have been battling a raging cold for the past couple of days and have had to cancel participation in a meeting and a dentist appointment so far. I am drinking anything non-fattening and liquid to try and beat this bug and dosing up on the cold-fx.

I got dressed this morning and my husband dropped myself and the dog off on his way to work and we walked home. We walk the dog like this as she loves her walks but because of arthritis can't make a big walk both ways. It was not that big but it was nice to be out and about.

Now I am home, showered and ready to go back to bed ZZZZZ:yawn:
But the dog is happy and content in her backyard.

Thanks for the :welcome:, it means a lot to me. Take great care all! I may post later today depending on how I feel. Hope your first day back at school goes well Ann :bravo: and that the rest of those reading this post have a spectacular day. Use it wisely, it is a gift, that is why they call it the present..

Here's to us :dust:

Cheers,

cdnwebgurl1

meowee
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm back . . . finally . . . it has been a nasty week (almost) without my 3FC 'fix' but I did get a lot of other stuff done. :lol: It's going to take me quite a while to get all caught up around here especially since I'm on an almost new learning curve with this computer (have to become familiar with XP again) and with the new laptop (Vista on it). My computer wizard thinks that I might have taken a little electrical hit because my keyboard and mouse seem to have gotten fried too (new ones on order -- using loaners at the moment). So much for surge-protectors. :shrug:

I remember Hazel very, very -- terrifyingly -- well. I'm a tiny bit younger than Ruth. I was 11 and ended up home alone during the worst of it because my parents both worked in downtown Toronto and couldn't get home to the suburbs that night. No heat, no light . . . I was sure the world was ending . . . but, it didn't.

Have a good evening everybody . . . :wave:

leelily
09-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi ladies! I just got back from a trip to New York. It was very exciting and unfortunately, fattening! Anyway, I'm back and looking forward to moving forward! Have a great day everyone!!! :)

meowee
09-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Good Morning Crazies . . . :wave:

Fall is definitely in the air this morning. Almost 10 am and we are still in the single digits although the sun is shining brightly. Actually I love this time of year.

This is the day for my weekly mall-crawl so nothing else is exciting today. Hope you are all having a great Thursday . . . :carrot:

meowee
09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Another beautiful morning in northern NS . . . hope things are glorious in your neck of the woods too.

After I got home yesterday and started playing around with the computers again I decided I'd have to 'go to town' again today to find a book -- something along the lines of "An Idiot's Guide to Vista for Dummies" might be appropriate. :yes:

Other than that -- SSDD -- see you later :wave:

meowee
09-13-2008, 08:25 AM

RealCdn
09-13-2008, 09:14 AM

meowee
09-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Hi there . . . glad to see somebody is still alive out there. :yes:

Nothing exciting around here today -- muggy and overcast -- good day to get some chores done, I guess.

RealCdn
09-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Barely, but I'm here. It has been a long week. I started school last week and it's thrown my schedule out of whack. I normally workout no more than three days, take a rest day, do two days, then a rest day. Last week I worked out Tues-Fri (but twice on Thurs) and then had people in for dinner last night. That's a workout of a different sort, but still a lot of work. Today on the plan is lifting, jam making, and homework. :)

Then it all starts again. Although I've had one class moved around so now Friday will end up being a rest day, which I think will suit me more.

Oh yes, and it's been raining since Friday. Although at least today will be warm rain...

cdnwebgurl1
09-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi All:

Wasn't last night just so tropical....

We had warm winds, humidity and that was at about 11 p.m., I can not imagine what IKE will bring.

Cold is better, still can't sing, am craving sweets madly :nono: so will have a banana. A fellow down the street has a pump working outside already from the sounds of things.

We have no sidewalks here just ditches and although the rain was constant last night and the ground is saturated the ditches did their job.

Hope this post find all enjoying a wee spot of sunshine before the next bout of rain whether you are in line to get IKE or not.:dust:

Ann: Congrats on first week of school! This is huge!! Hope the lifting today goes ok and that you can turn it into a workout of some type or other. Will be thinking about you this week.:strong:=:yoga:!

Meowee:I hope your problems with Vista get better soon and that your computer gets well soon! :getwell:

I hope everyone has a better week than last and that you are safe, dry and have food on the table and lots of friends to enjoy it with. :grouphug:

Cheers,

cdnwebgurl1

Ruthxxx
09-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Muggy here today - very strange. We had rain overnight and earlier but now it's just drizzle. Ike is supposed to dump on us late today so I may go out and put a few things away. I'm not sure about the winds expected but think I'll park on the road overnight rather than in the lane under the trees!

leelily
09-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Just popping in to say hi and to wish you all well! :)

meowee
09-15-2008, 08:25 AM

Another busy day for me -- luckily it's mostly inside stuff because it is definitely not a nice day out there. Raining off and on and windy, hot and humid. Summer came back for the day.

meowee
09-16-2008, 08:08 AM

Drastic change overnight in both wind direction and temperature -- but still overcast.

Heard that gas prices in Ontario and other places farther west dropped back quite a bit overnight -- still no change here. :mad: I can't put off filling up much longer.

See you later . . . :carrot:

Ruthxxx
09-16-2008, 08:13 AM
I filled up yesterday so they'll surely drop today! It was $1.36 something but I'm sure it's worse in Meowee-Land. Gotta have it so I just bite my lip and pay although $50 for a fill-up seems outrageous.

Cold here this morning and chance of frost on Thursday. I may get a chance to grab the rest of the tomatoes and basil from my garden today but it'll be tight. I leave first thing tomorrow morning for Ottawa and then Syracuse overnight to catch an early plane to a mini-mod meet in NC. It'll be nice to see Meowee again and we'll do our best to stay out of trouble. We wouldn't want the Canadian MODs to look bad!

Stay warm and out of trouble!

meowee
09-17-2008, 11:07 AM

Gas dropped down to 1.36 (was 1.45 yesterday) so that's a bit of a break. Got a few more things to clean up before I can get packed for this weekend in NC.

If I don't see you again before Monday, have a fun weekend everybody . . . :grouphug:

RealCdn
09-17-2008, 06:11 PM
It's kind of late to be asking, but did someone in Hamilton mention walking somewhere on an outdoor track (ie. at a park somewhere)? I'm thinking tomorrow that I don't care if I do the heart pumping cardio at the college fitness center, but it might be nice to just go for a walk (since the weather seems to be better). I should have a little over 2 hours to get there/get back, workout, and have lunch. Of course, I forget the name of the place. :)

RealCdn
09-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Our gas dropped yesterday (to ~1.29) but I held firm and today it was down (to ~1.26)... today I really needed gas though. :)

meowee
09-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Where is everybody hiding??????

I am home and it was a really great weekend . . . but OMG, I am soooooo tired. Should have tried to do a little more sleeping and a little less talking I guess. :lol:

Definitely feels like nap-time . . . see you later . . . :wave:

JuliaDH
09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Glad you had a great trip meowee.

Finally finding a groove now that kids are back in school.

Enjoying the warm weather.
And taking advantage of all the fresh produce, getting some stuff canned and frozen.

Have a great day!

meowee
09-23-2008, 08:50 AM

After lots of extra sleep yesterday, I am finally feeling almost human again. Our weather is gloriusly sunny and the high is going to be about 14 today. Definitely soup weather; so as soon as I've cleaned the litter pans (and me), I'm off to do a bunch of grocery shopping.

Have a great one everybody . . . :grouphug:

greeneggsandtam
09-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Good Morning Canucks;
It looks like most of you are from Ontario.
I wish I was in Ontario this time of the year. It must be beautiful in Autumn. I was thinking you could use a prairie correspondent. So good morning from Saskatchewan! :D
The weather here is - chilly but beautiful.
I've been so busy this fall with school start up but the upside to this year is I'm at a school with a later start time, and no cafeteria! Yay!!! I loved the cafeteria but I ate there four times a week. The other day we'd go out for lunch.:o
This year should be good. I have to bring my lunch everyday.
Anyways, I should go and get ready, have a good day Canucks,
Tam

meowee
09-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi . . . :wave:

Seems I've come down with an 'end-of-summer' cold and I feel really crummy. :mad: Too many aircraft and airports and not enough sleep over the weekend I guess. Hopefully it will go away soon . . . :crossed:

meowee
09-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Cough, Snuffle, Sneeze . . . :wave:

greeneggsandtam
09-26-2008, 09:50 AM
AWw. Meowee!! Feel better. OOh! here's an idea.
I don't take neo-citran because I love it too much. But I do have a good recipe for homemade neo-citran you might like:
Shred some fresh ginger into a small pot of boiling water,
Take it off the heat and let it steep for about five minutes,
Strain it and pour it in a cup,
Add the juice of one fresh lemon and honey to taste.

It is remarkably alike the neocitran from the store but not all chemically. If you like, have a couple of aspirins too. The ginger is kind of hot and spicy and the lemon balances it perfectly.
It seemed like a bit undertaking to go and actually get the ginger for me but man is this good. I took to making it when I wasn't even sick last winter.

Ruthxxx
09-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Or get some ginger tea.

greeneggsandtam
09-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Or there's always that. Haha. Silly me. I do tend to go on. Sorry.
How is everybody? Just got back from northern SK. from an art retreat. What a great time. The food was amazing and I ate way too much, but I should be able to get back on track this week.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
Tam

patns
09-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Hello all. I am in Alberta. I am actually from Nova scotia but I have been working out here for the past few years. We are hoping in a few years to retire and head back to NS.

I am seeing on the TV that the latest hurricane is really hitting the maritimes, I hope everyone is fine and not too wet.

Pat

Ruthxxx
09-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Good morning. I hope all our Maritimers are OK. Looks like Ike has passed on to the Gulf.

We have wet and gloomy weather predicted for the week. Time to cozy in and start thinking about winter. I'm dreading the price of heating oil this winter and will be using my wood stove a lot to heat the back part of the house.

Today I'm going to put some fall decorations outside to brighten things up a bit. The trees are just starting to turn and should be at peak by Thanksgiving Weekend.

Happy Monday!

meowee
09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Ike was a pretty well-behaved little boy in this north-eastern area of Nova Scotia. Hope everybody else fared equally as well.

Still nursing my cold but I really think it's feeling a little better. Unfortunately I've been nursing it with far too many comfort foods -- guess I'm trying to find something I can actually taste. :s:

cdnwebgurl1
09-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Greetings All:

Sorry for the prolonged absence. Just a combination of not wanting to be an "air hog" and not feeling well, not meeting goals weight loss and other wise.
Last night I ate a reasonable supper albeit it was later than usual in a crowded house and remarkably I did not sleep well - up 4 times in night - so slept late this morning and even now I am yawning. It did not help matters that a 4 year old followed me around the house calling me fat for a brief spell, the parents were nowhere to correct the child not that they would have. Here I am old enough to be this child's mother and I allow my self to be affected by her cat calls. Ugh.

Hope everyone else's week is going better than mine and that Tropical Storm Kyle has not affected those in the martimes too much, looks like mots of wind, downed trees, loss of power. boats joustled about in the bay so far.
Hopefully the damages will be less than Juan.

Take Good Care All - :-)

cdnwebgurl

Newshinyme
09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi All!
Is there room for a West Coaster in here?
I am in Vancouver and I would love to join you.
The sun is shining today and I feel good, I never understood why everybody was so happy to see the sun when I first moved to Canada, but now I totally get it :)

meowee
09-29-2008, 09:05 PM
:welcome: . . . glad to have you with us . . . where did you move 'from'????

Newshinyme
09-29-2008, 09:40 PM
:welcome: . . . glad to have you with us . . . where did you move 'from'????

Thanks!
I am originally from Mexico, so I was used to taking the sun for granted. Now in Vancouver, we count the days when it doesn't rain :sunny:

meowee
09-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Sun is starting to break through around here. :yay: Colours are breaking through in full force too . . . I :love: Autumn.

BTW . . . you really did pick the rainiest place in Canada, NEWSHINYME. :lol: BC is famous for it's almost ever-lasting rainy season. Have to admit it's been pretty wet over on this side of the country too this summer; but that is a bit abnormal. If you long for hot and dry (well, in the summer, at least), try the Prairies -- Saskatchewan springs immediately to mind.

Hope everybody gets some great weather today . . . :wave:

scrappinRN
10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Hello all! I am new to this group but have been on 3FC for years. I am hoping to share with your ladies about my continued and repeat failed attempts at weight loss. I am from the southwestern ontario region, near Detroit. I have been on a diet forever but I am trying to make a life change instead and some days its working and others not so much.
So, looking forward to catching up soon.

Newshinyme
10-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Mornin' All:

Just coming in to say hi before I get on with my daily activities and try to enjoy the last bit of sunshine before the rain comes and stays forever.

BTW . . . you really did pick the rainiest place in Canada, NEWSHINYME. :lol: BC is famous for it's almost ever-lasting rainy season. Have to admit it's been pretty wet over on this side of the country too this summer; but that is a bit abnormal. If you long for hot and dry (well, in the summer, at least), try the Prairies -- Saskatchewan springs immediately to mind.

Tell me about it. I was used to waiting until the rain passed to go outside, until I realised that if I did that, I'd be stuck at home for 2 weeks straight :lol:. I've been here for a few years now, and I've accepted rain as a fact of life. Nothing against the Prairies, but I think the winters would be too cold for poor tropical me.

Hi scrappinRN! :wave:

Have a great day everyone!

meowee
10-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi gang . . .

We've been having a pretty cool and overcast day here on the Atlantic coast -- but it is not raining -- not yet anyway. :lol:

:welcome: to the group SCRAPPIN . . . glad you found us, Chickie. :hug:

See you later . . . :wave:

patns
10-02-2008, 01:19 AM
It was 28 C here on the prairies today and yesterday!! What a bonus, but I'm sure it will all be a distent memory by next week. But that's OK, my brother is getting married in PEI over the Thanksgiving weekend so I'm going home, well home in Halifax and also to PEI.

Moewee are you far enough NE to be in Cape Breton? I love the autumn colours there, I grew up in Cape breton.

meowee
10-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Not quite, but almost . . . I'm in Pictou. The colours are getting to be gorgeous around here too. Have a great trip.

Ruthxxx
10-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Finally a sunny day! I've been ploughing through my house tasks and am going to take the dog outside for a while. We need to drive to the next village for a pick-up and will take the back road to see the forest.

I've been fighting mice, raccoons, a garbage eating bear and a mother cat who had kittens in my barn. Sometimes I miss my Ottawa condo - but I get over that fast!

Enjoy this month - the Farmers' Almanac predicts a cold and snowy winter - again!

meowee
10-03-2008, 11:33 AM

We are having sun today, too . . . :yay: . . . Yesterday was fun for shopping but a disaster in the eating department -- carrot cake and garlic breadsticks were included. :o

meowee
10-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Another gloriously sunny day . . . :yay: . . . must get myself out to play.

meowee
10-05-2008, 10:15 AM

Another cool but sunny day . . . no big plans, will just have to see what develops.

patns
10-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Is that your real kitty? Very pretty!!

Ruthxxx
10-06-2008, 07:12 AM
So? What's happening at your place for Thanksgiving Weekend? I've already had one TD dinner at my sister's place - she's going away to Portugal for THE day - but have company coming this weekend for turkey and ll the trimmings.

meowee
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi Gang . . . :wave:

Nothing big for Thanksgiving around here, RUTH, since most of my family is a long way West of here. Probably have dinner with LouLou and her family, but may have to get and cook one of those turkey rolls so I'll have leftovers.

Yes, that is 'Purrecious' in my avatar, PATNS. I have a total of six cats and she definitely runs things around here and she never lets the others forget who is boss either. :lol:

Don't know how it got to be almost 2 pm already . . . :yikes: . . . some days I think time moves at at least twice the normal rate. At least it is another sunny day.

See you later . . . :grouphug:

ChocLabLover
10-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Hello! :wave: I have been on 3FC for a long time, and I never realized there was a Canuck thread! I am also from Ontario, though I grew up in Quebec.

Gorgeous day today, a little warmer than yesterday. I have to admit, fall is my absolute favourite time of year.

meowee
10-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Glad you found us CHOCLABLOVER . . . and now that you have, don't be a stranger. :hug:

Our glorious weather has decided to take a holiday today -- it's raining and the high is not expected to get above 5 or 6. :brr: I am definitely not ready for this yet.

Ruthxxx
10-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Cold but brilliant today. There was a hard frost in some areas but my stuff is still OK. Rain is forecast for the next two days and then we'll be back to sun on Friday.

Big weekend around here with the Old Stone Mill (http://www.deltamill.org/) Fall Festival, our Church yard sale and tons of visitors. I think almost everyone has their Thanksgiving Dinner on Sunday or am I wrong?

meowee
10-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Better today than yesterday -- at least it isn't raining and the high might get to 13.

ChocLabLover
10-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Looks like it is shaping up to be a great weekend! I got a gift certificate from my mom for my birthday to get a manicure so I am going to try and book it in for this weekend! I love getting pampered!

meowee
10-10-2008, 08:06 AM

Wow, yesterday was not one of my best days -- almost nothing seemed to go the way I had planned.

Amazingly though, my eating did NOT get off track.

Hope everybody has a great day today and a great start to the Thanksgiving Weekend . . . :grouphug:

Ruthxxx
10-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to my fellow Canuks! It's still shaping up as a lovely weekend and I'm sure glad I got my big grocery order yesterday. Today is the Big Baking Marathon for the Church and Mill sales but I do hope to get outside for a bit - even if just to look at all the fall work that needs doing. (I need to power wash and paint the barn - now there's a task, even if it's just a smallish barn. Here's a picture!

meowee
10-10-2008, 04:05 PM
I was just ruminating on the fact that I need to powerwash my vinyl siding and some places on the house trim (eaves and such) definitely looking like paint needs to be in their near future. It's never ending. :shrug:

Newshinyme
10-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Rarely, very rarely I am glad I live in an apartment except when it comes to home maintenance. I am really happy to let other people worry about that :)

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

meowee
10-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Happy Thankgsgiving Weekend . . . :grouphug:

Hope yours is shaping up as well as ours -- lots of sunshine and mild (about 18) temperatures in the forecast. Nothing too big on my agenda for today -- a little last minute shopping for ingredients for a pumpkin cheesecake. :hun:

Hope everybody else has a great Saturday . . . :wave:

greeneggsandtam
10-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Happy Thanksgiving weekend to everybody!

meowee
10-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Busy, busy, busy . . . but wanted to say a quick HI . . . have a great Thankgsgiving Sunday. . . :wave:

meowee
10-13-2008, 10:18 AM

Well, amazingly, I did a bit better in the eating department than I thought I would. Not exactly what I'd call OP, but not bad. A special lunch to get through today and then Thanksgiving temptations will be behind us for another year.

Have a good holiday Monday, gang . . . :grouphug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-13-2008, 09:17 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all our fellow Canadians!!!

Hope you all stuffed yourself with good, healthy foods like turkey and lots of fall veggies today; we did pretty good too. I had pumpkin custard for dessert and DH had his homemade pumpkin pie. We both get to enjoy the holiday meals and not go overboard too much ...

:hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

meowee
10-14-2008, 12:46 PM

Don't forget to VOTE today.

meowee
10-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Hi there . . . SSDD . . . nothing ever seems to change. :shrug:

ChocLabLover
10-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Morning everyone! :wave:

I watched it for awhile on CBC last night. I think what was interesting was where the seats were lost and gained. I don't want to start a political discussion but there were a few wake up calls based on the results last night.

RealCdn
10-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Hello all,

After talking with SusanB (who sadly won't be able to join us) I've decided to try organizing a SW Ontario meet-up. I'm horrible at organizing, but I'll give it a shot. My schedule is a little nuts, but I was thinking Nov 1st. or 2nd. That should take me past mid-terms and hopefully doesn't conflict with other tests/projects. We can play around with dates if those suit nobody though. I know there are some people from the Kitchener area and some from Hamilton, so what I'd like to know (without mentioning any specific places/times) is who is interested and which cities they could make a meeting in. You can PM me the information or post it here. I promise I'll come back and look for posts!

ie. for RealCdn (Anne)

Hamilton (preferred), Kitchener (okay)
Nov 2nd (preferred), Nov 1st (okay)

Feel free to throw in another city if I've missed an obvious one.

ChocLabLover
10-15-2008, 12:28 PM
ChocLabLover: Carol
Hamilton (preferred), Kitchener (okay), Mississauga (okay)
Nov 1st (preferred), Nov2nd (okay)

RealCdn
10-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Great, I'll start marking them down!

meowee
10-17-2008, 08:39 AM

Another cold and rainy day in northeastern Nova Scotia . . . what's happening in your neck of the woods?

Cie
10-17-2008, 12:42 PM

Another cold and rainy day in northeastern Nova Scotia . . . what's happening in your neck of the woods?

Hi,
Same here in Vancouver. In fact we have a weather warning so we are in for a drenching! :rain:

Cie

Newshinyme
10-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Argh!
I can't even wake up when the days are like this. It's past 1pm and my battery is not yet "charged"

meowee
10-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Hi there everybody . . . :wave:

Sunny, but cold, in northeastern Nova Scotia today -- doubt that we will make it to double digits -- but at least it is pretty out there. :D

SeaWave
10-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey folks :wave:

I haven't posted since early Spring, other health and energy issues having taken over my life. But things are starting (in very small, baby steps) to get back on track, and of course the first forum I had to come to was the Crazy Canucks!

Although my situation hasn't changed much, my head space has and I've come to accept my limitations, which means I shared them with my boss. As intimidating as that was, she has kept it in mind and actually helped me find an different job that takes the pressure off me, while getting my foot into a project that I really love. I couldn't ask for better support at work, and feel very blessed.

I hope everyone out there is doing well, and survived the temptations of Thanksgiving week-end. Meowee, did you get any of your painting done? We started ours this week-end, and will certainly not finish before the cold sets in but at least the worst is done.

I'm going to check out what's happening in the other forums. Catch you later!

:dance:

meowee
10-19-2008, 08:29 PM

meowee
10-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Hey there . . . where are you? . . . I'm talking to myself in here. :lol:

meowee
10-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Another cold, dreary, and very overcast and windy day in northeastern NS. At least it's not dropping white stuff on us yet. :lol:

Last night the local weather guru was talking about the 30 cm that fell on Halifax on October 21, 1974 --no repeat is required, thank you.

JuliaDH
10-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Good morning! I'm back after 2 crazy weeks of life. All good and happy! But its cold today!

cdnwebgurl1
10-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Great, I'll start marking them down!

Hi All, I hope this email find everyone healthy and enjoying the nice weather we have had recently.:)

Ok... November 1st is preferred over November 2nd because November 2nd is my birthday. Hubby and I have stuff to do after church so even thought that's the weekend we get the extra hour of sleep, I have been lead to believe that my Sunday is going to be busy :dizzy:.

Location preference; what about a Mall walk :idea: to accomodate for ...you know ...snow :coolsnow:. Here's hoping that it is sunny and 20 degrees C out which is entirely possible, not likely, but possible. :D

Ever the optimist, I remain, cdnwebgurl1.

:grouphug::dust:

JuliaDH
10-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Here my 2 cents worth

for JuliaHood (Julia)

Hamilton (okay),Kitchener (preferred)
Nov 2nd (preferred), Nov 1st (no go as its my sisters babyshower)

Driving IN Hamilton scares me. Everytime I go I end up running into the mountain or off the mountain LOL

meowee
10-22-2008, 03:07 PM

Tomato
10-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Re the Meet & Greet - either day is fine with me but if Hamilton I most likely won't be able to make it due to time constraints. Therefore, I would much prefer Kitchener.

meowee
10-23-2008, 04:28 PM
:grouphug:

Happy to report that our first Nor-Easter of the season brough only rain to my part of Nova Scotia -- no white stuff. Today it has still been very windy but the sun was shining most of the afternoon.

Wish I still lived in Kitchener and could get to meet some of you. :wave:

srmb60
10-27-2008, 07:13 AM
It hailed here yesterday. Buckets of it! It piled up in spots and stayed for a couple of hours.

Pouring rain, thunder, lightening, hail and bright sunshine all within about 5 minutes.

meowee
10-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Its very mild (about 17) today, but pouring buckets. Other than that, the day has been fairly calm. :wave:

cdnwebgurl1
10-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi SW Ontario Members:

Do we have a date & place for the Meet & Greet?

Cheers,

cdnwebgurl1 : :-):

cher37
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Who's all getting the BIG snowstorm??

The wind's been picking up here, but only supposed to get 1-5cm. Hopefully that's all we'll get (hubby's got to drive up in the mountains tomorrow).

Take care everyone :wave:

meowee
10-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Sorry to have to tell you it's another 17 degree day around here -- very windy and rainy though -- :shrug:

srmb60
10-29-2008, 09:27 AM
It snowed here last evening and through the night. I am going for a walk but I'll have to root out my parka.

meowee
10-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Still pretty mild around here -- about 13 first thing this morning -- forecast is for sun this afternoon and dropping temps -- but still now snow for the next few days anyway. Hope they are right. :yes:

RealCdn
10-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Okay Ladies, here's what I have:

Cdnwebgurl1 - Nov 1st (no location mentioned, but I think Hamilton)
JuliaHood - Nov 2nd only (Kitchener preferred, Hamilton ok)
Tomato - Either day (Kitchener preferred, Hamilton - no go)
ChocLabLover - Nov 1st preferred, Nov 2nd okay (either city)
Luvja - interested <--- too busy until the new year (updated)

Here's the thing. I'm out (yikes) this weekend. I have 3 tests next week, need to practice my AutoCad for a Monday morning assignment, and have a proposal that should be done this weekend as well. I'm beginning to realise that I can't commit myself during the school year with any hope of making it. So here's my suggestion:

Cdnwbgurl1, ChocLabLover - consider meeting Nov 1st for a mall walk (take pictures). It's closest, and local for you gals.

JuliaHood, Tomato - you're both in Kitchener and both free on Nov 2nd, so meet and have a cup of coffee (take pictures). I've met Tomato, she's a lovely woman to spend time with.

I thought of trying to convince you all to push it back so I could join you. However, I get groups assigned for a Communications project this week and will have to find time to meet with the groups (as well as start working on it). And I've got at least two more tests (one scheduled, one not) before finals in December. My life went from uncomplicated in the summer to, well, pretty nuts at the moment.

(Sending this as a PM to the five involved - discussions of actual meeting places/times should be done in PMs... oops except one of you doesn't allow PMs. Maybe turn that feature back on until the meet-up?)

Adding this: My best time would likely be just after the new year. The school semester will have just started (so no test/assignment commitments). I'd still suggest that those above try and meet and I will post something again towards the end of the year / beginning of the next one.

cher37
10-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Weather update - we had about 2cm snow last night - winds 40-50km/hr & still quite gray & windy today. They say the snow will melt by Halloween, maybe ... but not today!

Have a good one :)

cdnwebgurl1
10-29-2008, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=RealCdn;2429766]Okay Ladies, here's what I have:

Cdnwebgurl1 - Nov 1st (no location mentioned, but I think Hamilton)
JuliaHood - Nov 2nd only (Kitchener preferred, Hamilton ok)
Tomato - Either day (Kitchener preferred, Hamilton - no go)
ChocLabLover - Nov 1st preferred, Nov 2nd okay (either city)
Luvja - interested <--- too busy until the new year (updated)

Here's the thing. I'm out (yikes) this weekend. I have 3 tests next week, need to practice my AutoCad for a Monday morning assignment, and have a proposal that should be done this weekend as well. I'm beginning to realise that I can't commit myself during the school year with any hope of making it. So here's my suggestion:

Cdnwbgurl1, ChocLabLover - consider meeting Nov 1st for a mall walk (take pictures). It's closest, and local for you gals.

""Sorry ChocLabLover, can't do it. Saturday is an Optimist fundraiser in Ancaster and Sunday is church and choir celebrations.""

JuliaHood, Tomato - you're both in Kitchener and both free on Nov 2nd, so meet and have a cup of coffee (take pictures). I've met Tomato, she's a lovely woman to spend time with.

I thought of trying to convince you all to push it back so I could join you. However, I get groups assigned for a Communications project this week and will have to find time to meet with the groups (as well as start working on it). And I've got at least two more tests (one scheduled, one not) before finals in December. My life went from uncomplicated in the summer to, well, pretty nuts at the moment.

Glad to hear that school is agreeing with you Ann and I wish you well in your studies, perhaps during Christmas and New Year's we can all take a collective sigh of relief somewhere warm and walk and talk?

IMO, it would be best if we met all together somewhere, the more the merrier for the season and all that.

How does everyone else feel?

Cheers,

cdnwebgurl1:dust:

RealCdn
10-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Glad to hear that school is agreeing with you Ann and I wish you well in your studies, perhaps during Christmas and New Year's we can all take a collective sigh of relief somewhere warm and walk and talk?

IMO, it would be best if we met all together somewhere, the more the merrier for the season and all that.

That would be good for me. I wasn't sure how other people were during the holiday season. Besides, the malls are nuts around that time though. I was thinking Jan 3rd or 4th (ie. after the holiday rush) or the week after that. I'll leave it up to you gals.

ChocLabLover
10-31-2008, 08:43 AM
Bad news guys. I had a family emergency last night (my aunt had to go into the hospital last night) so I won't be able to do the meet up this weekend. She is going to be fine, but I have a few things I need to take care of. Sorry about the late notice.

meowee
10-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Happy Spooky Day . . . :witch:

meowee
11-01-2008, 11:15 AM

Cold and sunny around northeastern NS today . . . but still no snow for us. I know it will be coming for us soon, but I'm not in any rush at all.

Have a fun Saturday everybody . . . :carrot:

meowee
11-02-2008, 03:34 PM
The snow has finally arrived . . . but it really isn't sticking around.

Shine
11-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi,

New to this thread - thanks Meowee for directing me here.
It seems many of you are writing from Ontario or the East Coast; well I'm saying hi from Prince George BC. Originally from Victoria though, and missing the ocean up here in the north.
Hard to believe we're into November and we haven't had snow yet. It was about 12 degrees this past weekend! Very strange for this time of year, but I'm happy to stay out on the bike a little longer than usual.

Anyway, have a great week everyone!

meowee
11-03-2008, 04:32 PM

meowee
11-05-2008, 08:08 AM
A bit overcast right now but supposed to see sun later and a high of 15. Wow. Good day for the long drive to visit my Periodontist. Really wish we had one locally because this always turns into an all-day 'event'.

Shine
11-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Darn, now we have snow here too... but it's melting fast, so hopefully we'll manage to have a nice November.

meowee
11-08-2008, 03:49 PM

ChocLabLover
11-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Morning! Saw a few snow flurries this morning.

stellart
11-10-2008, 02:00 PM
hey everyone!! i'm over in montreal. no snow yet.

:crosses fingers:

am i being ridiculous when i say i hope it doesn't snow til january?? heh

Shine
11-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Ha ha, Stellart, I totally agree - I was hoping no snow period this winter. Our snow from last week (here in northern BC) has melted and it's pretty mild again. We've had a great fall so far. Let's hope it keeps up!

meowee
11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
:lol: No snow until December 24 and then it melts forever on the 26th -- that's my dream for every year.

Hope you all wore your poppies today . . . :yes:

meowee
11-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Getting colder and colder but still no snow -- hope that lasts. :yes:

meowee
11-14-2008, 10:39 AM
We actually got a little "thick rain" yesterday -- today, temperatures are one the rise again. Rain and warm predicted for the weekend -- with a high on Sunday of 20C. :crazy:

meowee
11-15-2008, 10:31 AM

Ruthxxx
12-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Here's the link to the new thread. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157454)