100 lb. Club - September NSV's

View Full Version : September NSV's

Sandi
09-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

Dumplin
09-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Went to Walmart my neices friend ,a very pretty young girl noticed I had loss weight ,she was the first one .....made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H8cake
09-01-2008, 04:11 PM
I bought a size 14 dress and it fits! Granted the style is very forgiving, jersey fabric and an a- line skirt to accommodate the thunder thighs. Still, the tag says 14 so I'm celebrating that! Also bought quite a few large pieces instead of XL. It really blows my mind since I haven't been this size in at least 18 years.

Irishcoda
09-01-2008, 05:52 PM
I got on the treadmill and walked although that was the last thing I wanted to do today! I'm hoping it will help me lose a little more weight for when I go to weigh-in tomorrow. :) Congrats to Dumplin and HBcake!

valpal23
09-01-2008, 06:30 PM
my nsv is that I like the way I look in pictures now!!

Lyn2007
09-01-2008, 07:50 PM
My NSVs:

1) My jeans and other clothes still fit me nicely, even though I regained 11 pounds.

2) Today I got off my butt and biked, lifted weights, cleaned, and cooked all day. AND ate healthy.

Altari
09-01-2008, 11:20 PM
I BOUGHT A PAIR OF SIZE 18 PANTS! FROM OLD NAVY! CAN YOU SAY WOOT?!

I was so excited in the dressing room I nearly burst into tears. I've been wearing size 20s for 4 months now (down from 22s) and they were so big on me...but there's a 4 inch size difference between an 18 and a 20, I thought for sure the 18s wouldn't even button, so I brought in both sizes for every pair. The size 18s are snug alright, BUT they fit AND I can breathe.

OMG clothes shopping was FUN for once!!!

SwimGirl
09-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Congrats everyone!! :)

The other day I went for a walk with the bf, and he encouraged me to jog for part of it - and it almost easy! So today I went out for my 25 min workout, and I jogged almost the ENTIRE thing!!! Yay!

-Aimee

thistoo
09-02-2008, 09:46 AM
My weight has been bouncing the past two weeks and I've been really discouraged, but this morning I am wearing a pair of size 18 pants that I finally got around to hemming this weekend, and you know what? They're too big already. I sort of wish I'd hemmed them earlier, but hey, someone else can enjoy an almost-new pair of size 18s from Goodwill. Size 16, here I come! Good gravy, I haven't worn a 16 since college.

nelie
09-02-2008, 11:59 AM
I swam laps for the first time ever and I swam a decent number (17 if my count is correct). I was done at 14 but told myself 2 more, then told myself 1 more.

foxxy511
09-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Way to push yourself Nelie! I try to tell myself 5 more minutes on the elliptical but it rarely happens....you're an inspiration!

This NSV may sound a little silly but....I can cross my legs under a table again! I haven't been able to do this in God knows how long. Granted, I had to slouch a bit, but still, they were crossed and my thigh wasn't squished against the bottom of the table. Yay!

skinnyinsideout
09-03-2008, 02:13 PM
I have two - I went shopping in a "normal" sized store - where their biggest size is a large, and I agreed to go to my high school reunion. I kept telling my friend "we'll see, we'll see", but really I was waiting to see if I liked myself enough to go. Glad to say I do!!

Beverlyjoy
09-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I was out of town over the weekend. I saw some of the girls that were in my son's wedding last year as bridemaids. They both commented on my weightloss and efforts. It felt good.

WarMaiden
09-04-2008, 01:41 PM
My kids started back in school a few weeks ago.

So, inevitably, the first cold of the season hit them this past weekend. All three got sick. Then my husband got sick.

I didn't get sick.

I attribute this completely to my revamped, sugar-free, veggie-heavy diet.

I even gloated about it to my kids: "Hey kids, guess what, the person who eats the most vegetables in our family is the only person who didn't get sick!" :D Then we talked about the immune system a little, so it wasn't ONLY gloating ;)

twilit tera
09-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi, everyone! I love reading this thread - it gives me a grin every time to see your success stories!

Today I'm feeling a little low. I got hungry about an hour ago and almost carried half a bag of baked ruffles to the sofa with the thought that I'd eat until I was satisfied, then return the bag.

I caught myself before I reached the sofa, took a handful out of the bag and returned it to the counter. I haven't had a single chip over that handful.

:D Tera

WarMaiden
09-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Also...at midnight last night, because I couldn't fall asleep immediately, instead I got out of bed and tried on a bunch of clothes in my closet. The things that were too small for me are now just about right (in the range of size 18), and the things that were just right for me are now way too big (in the range of size 22). I put some pants on that actually were bagging off of me, and clearly, visually were just not -right-. I showed my husband; he thought the pants were funny, but he thought it was even funnier that I was up at midnight trying on clothes. ("That's such a girl thing," he declared.)

How exciting that stuff doesn't fit me anymore!

I'm still not going shopping, though. I hate shopping, never can find anything I like, don't really have the money for it anyways. I'll stick with my tried-and-true jeans and the few shirts I really like until they look ridiculous on me.

Lunabelle
09-04-2008, 01:50 PM
last night I wore a size MEDIUM addidas hoodie to my night class! And it wasnt overly snug :)

WarMaiden
09-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm full of NSVs today.

This past week my mom got her fasting blood sugar taken, and it was 108. Not good--though she hasn't been diagnosed with diabetes yet. (She probably weighs 100 pounds less than me, and she works out a pretty good bit.) So she's got a glucose tester and is checking her blood sugar herself. She's freaking out some because it's over 100 in the mornings, consistently, and after she eats her breakfast (oatmeal) it's shooting up to the 175 range. Very not good.

Anyways, she knows I've been off sugar for a few months now. We've talked about it, she's interested, but hasn't been able to make the change herself...yet. Last night she called me to consult on her blood sugar--she called ME. She is a nurse with a master's degree and knows a lot about nutrition, and she called ME to consult with HER on what to do about it.

So I advised her: For breakfast, no grains / no dairy / no fruit. Eggs, turkey bacon, and a bunch of veggies all scrambled up. None of those higher-GL items until her blood sugar is stabilized for the day, cut sugar out completely, frequent snacks.

She's ready to do it, and she thinks that the dietary changes will also fix her cholesterol issue (high LDL which she currently controls with medication).

I'm sure she and I will be talking more about this. I'm just so, so thrilled to be in a position to help her with it and support her.

FB
09-05-2008, 10:30 AM
So... I LOVE baths. Or loved baths, before I gained weight. I have gobs of costly bath junk, I'm addicted. Sadly our current house, while lovely, has an awful shallow bathtub.

As some may know, shallow bathtubs and a fat girl equals cold body parts. You can only sink in so much, there's always stuff exposed. So for the last 3 years we've lived at our house I've taken showers. I've moaned and groaned, blaming the shallow bathtub, which is actually just a cheap standard bathtub and have been whining for a real antique clawfoot tub to no avail.

Last night for whatever reason I decided to take a bath. AND everything was submerged in water. Boobs, stomach, all. LOVELY, BLISS, HAPPINESS!!!!

AH!

I'm going to Aveda in a minute. I swear fitting properly into the bathtub is nicer than a bijillion new pairs of pants fitting.

LisaF
09-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I ate half a Hershey's miniature. Half. A friend brought one over to my desk, and I broke off a little piece of it. Ten minutes later, I had another little piece. No long after that, my friend tossed the rest, thinking it was just an empty wrapper. She felt really bad about it, but I didn't care. I didn't feel deprived or want more. It's going to sound silly, but it feels amazing that that little of chocolate had no power over me.

Lisa

Botzz
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
While sitting n my wifes car I noticed that I can comfortably have my left arm on the arm rest in the door instead of out the window :)

another car nsv is that I noticed with the same car that before I lost any weight my belly would just hit the steering wheel and now there is enough room between my gut and the wheel that my wife could sit on my lap if so inclined!

the next one actually happened a few days before Sept, I bought a shirt in a non "Big and Tall" store! that one was HUGE for me as I can't remember the last time that was a possibility.

amazing what the loss of 145 pounds will do ;) and the list goes on so I will leave it at that ;)

As Ever
Me

S.A.S.H
09-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Ok...so Im a nerd..I actually tear up reading some of these (happy tears) :lol:

I really like this thread. It's great to hear everyones accomplishments and it reminds to me look at other things in life besides the scale!

Congrats to everyone on their NSVs and :cheers: hears hoping I have some myself soon.

twilit tera
09-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Rock on, Botzz!
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

WarMaiden
09-05-2008, 05:37 PM
A coworker noticed and commented on my weight loss! She says I look great! Woohoo! She's this very sweet lady I don't see terribly often. I was so excited to get to tell her yes, I have lost 40 pounds...and to say it's all just because of quitting sugar and eating a lot of vegetables.

Hilariously...my husband STILL does not see a difference in me :D

But it's there! Yes indeed. It is there.

AmberShimmer
09-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Wow, I see so many awesome NSVs here and mine feels like no big deal. Lol.

I was able to complete one mile on the treadmill today, without stopping, without decreasing my speed (did 2 mph) and even though my calves were screaming and burning (I've been very inactive before this, sitting in front of the computer for as much as 8 hours a day) I kept on. I've always given in very easily. This time I just went on. So.... I'm pretty happy about that :D

WebRover
09-05-2008, 08:19 PM
I bought new jeans over vacation and thought they were a mistake because they're lower rise thus irritating the heck out of me-just not my favorite fit. However, every time I wear them, including today, I get a complement.
Today, someone also working on losing weight, commented that my legs looked thin.

mollymom
09-06-2008, 12:04 AM
THis is a great thread, and one of my favourites.

I went back to work this week, and I ate breakfast EVERY DAY this week!

I am one of the " I never ate before lunch..but then I ate constantly from 6-bedime" types...so this is a huge huge huge accomplishment. And you know what? It is true(at least for me), if you eat breakfast, you are more in charge the rest of the day.

I find now I eat breakfast, a pretty substantial lunch, a morning and afternoon snack (usually fruit or yogurt) a sensible dinner, and I really don't want to eat at night anymore. if I do it is an apple or some mini-wheats (I count em out - 27 per serving, etc) THIS IS HUGE for me ...JUST HUGE!:carrot:

foxxy511
09-06-2008, 01:10 AM
It is a big deal AmberShimmer!! When I first got on the elliptical I could barely do 5 minutes, now I'm usually on for an hour. Keep up the good work!!!!

As for my NSV... I am now officially a size 16 in pants and an XL in tops (in Macy's Style & Co. line, which I love and had to stop wearing cause I was too big for it!)

S.A.S.H
09-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Every NSV is a great one!

I finally have my first NSV to share! :carrot: Yay!

So even though I have had bronchitis, I finally felt well enough to exercise yesterday - 1st time in almost a week. I had to keep it S L O W :snail: but I still did 3/4 of a mile walk (with rests) and some low key swimming. Exercise is one of my biggest challenges so the fact that I did it while my chest wasn't up to it is huge! And I didn't over do it. :woohoo:

twilit tera
09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Yippy for all of you! I love this thread!!!

WarMaiden, it seems unfair to me, but it's always the people who see us most who notice least. Their image of us changes gradually with our changes, so they don't realize the change is happening. The people who see us rarely hold on to their outdated images of us until WHAMMO they're confronted with the "new" us and have to modify it. :D

H8cake
09-08-2008, 02:35 PM
I've found that it is true that those who see us all the time don't notice the weight loss. They ask if I've been losing weight, like they are a little unsure about it. I've lost it gradually so some tell me that I look younger. I saw a friend that I hadn't seen in six months or so yesterday and she kept telling me how fabulous I look. It's funny that people say that because I remember how awful I felt at this weight on my way up the scale. On the way down I just feel better and better. Of course there are the days I feel yucky and still so big, but most of the time it feels so much better. I haven't been brave enough to have pictures taken, but the other day I was taking a picture of a cake in front of a window. My reflection shows in the window along with a few other people that were standing around and I had to really look to see which one was me. I'm not the largest one anymore :carrot:

lizziep
09-08-2008, 02:53 PM
yesterday i took a long walk with my hubby at the river- then i worked out on the recumbent bike at home- and i broke all my records! went up in time, level of intensity and the amount of miles! All after having already gotten in what I would have previously considered exercise! it felt really good.

Tammy73
09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Yesterday I was going through some clothes in my closet that I haven't worn in a few years. I found a pair of size 18 jeans and thought I'd try them on.
I was mentally bracing myself for the fact that they may still be too snug, but to my overwhelming surprise they fit really well.
It was a very exciting day for me!!

pengbear
09-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Good work ladies! Lizziep, Im so jealous. I keep waiting for that "exercise is FUN " mentality to hit me, and it just never has. Not as long as there is a couch that I could be sitting on.:D

My NSV is that I had a business lunch yesterday at an upscale cafe - you know the type, where there are 5 things on the lunch menu, outrageously priced, and you should be HONORED that they are deigning to even offer you those 5 items. Anyway, I was able to pick around and not eat the yummy yeast roll and uppity potato salad. And when 2 folks got dessert and (rudely , I thought) made a big deal about everyone having some, I ate 1 bite of chocolate lava cake. And stopped. Even tho there were about 5 more bites dumped on my plate. That would have been delicious. But I stopped. Woo-hoo! :carrot:

LisaF
09-10-2008, 12:40 AM
I went to see an orthopedist for the pain in my foot (which isn't going away, dammit) and he didn't tell me that losing weight would help fix it. In fact, he didn't mention my weight at all! This is a doctor I haven't seen before, so it's not like he knows I'm losing. Maybe he just doesn't mention weight to anybody, but it's the first time I've been to an orthopedist who hasn't given me the weight loss speech. It was only afterwards, when I wasn't feeling a little bit annoyed and angry, that I realized how good it felt to simply be treated.

Lisa

lizziep
09-10-2008, 03:44 AM
Good for you Lisa! I just finally switched doctors after a couple of years of being treated like crap by mine. Not EVERY ailment I have can be cured by gastric bypass thank you very much!

I have noticed that I have been getting a lot of compliments lately on my new hair style. It's not really anything to do with my weight loss attempts or anything, but I think feeling better and taking better care of myself is showing to people. I'll take it!

mj5
09-10-2008, 04:46 PM
My favorite jeans don't fit anymore...they are WAY too big!!!! Good thing I have been doing some bargain shopping lately, I'll have to pick a new pair to be my 'favorite'!!!!!

Redheaded I am
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Good for you Lisa! I just finally switched doctors after a couple of years of being treated like crap by mine. Not EVERY ailment I have can be cured by gastric bypass thank you very much!

Wow...so I'm not the only one that's happened to?? I was sick with a bad chest cold around the beginning of the year, and wound up at one of those clinics that are inside pharmacies. (My doctor was too swamped to get into.) Yeah, her diagnosis was that I was morbidly obese and needed a gastric bypass. And THEN...she kept calling me for weeks to check up on me to see if I'd discussed it with my doctor. Geez...

Redheaded I am
09-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Several weeks ago I pulled out my smaller-sized clothes, and tried them on. I could get into my size-24 jeans, but couldn't zip them. I tried them on again last night....and they zipped up!! And...a month or so ago I started wearing a pair of pants that I loved but had been too small for a long time. Now they're baggy and soon I'll have to stop wearing them. :D

mollymom
09-11-2008, 12:06 AM
First off..congrats to all on your victories!

Monday was our first staff meeting of the year. The person who was responsible for "treats" supplied CHEESE and CRACKERS! I LOVE c and c...more than chocolate, more that life. I didn't have one morsel of them, I had my melon and yogurt that I hadn't had the chance to eat for lunch.

I passed up C and C...that is a huge NSV for me!

KateRN
09-11-2008, 02:53 AM
my bf asked me to run to jack in the box and get him an oreo cookie shake, so i did. i went to the drive through at 9pm (prime binge hour for me) got his oreo shake - nothing else and came straight home!!!!
he had his oreo shake, i ate the cherry and had a 15cal otterpop instead!!!!

thistoo
09-11-2008, 10:05 AM
I did not buy ice cream when I went to the grocery store last night, even though I wanted to stress binge. Instead I stuck to my list and then went home and walked the dog.

This morning I am wearing a 12/14 shirt. I'm still firmly on the 14 side of that 12/14, but that's okay. Gosh, I don't think I've worn anything with the number 12 printed in it in...ever.

FB
09-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm still super stoked about shopping in the 'normal' (dumb definition) sized section.
Anyhow, last night I picked up a few really cute size shirts...
They were sized medium/large in the junior's section. Yeah, the JUNIOR section. Wowie Zowie!
I'm almost 32 and that means I'm not a junior - but whatever - nothing's off limits to me!

Dumplin
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
I am wearing a few summer shirts now that I had but did not like how they fit . I am feeling pretty good about that!!!!

mj5
09-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Great job everyone!!!

Last night my dh was looking at a picture from my younger sis's wedding from several years ago. I was the matron on honor and was close to my heaviest weight. I thought I looked really nice--even at the time--fancy dress, hair and make up done, etc. Of course once I saw the pics, wasn't SO thrilled w/ how I looked...but anyway....dh looked at the pic from 'then' and looked at me now and told me how beautiful I was then and how beautiful I am now, but how much happier I look now. I looked at the pic and he's right--my smile is SO much brighter these days!!!

I love my dh SOOOO much!!!!

ghost
09-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Someone brought donuts to work, and I avoided the break room. Then that someone very rudely brought a cake donut to my desk on a napkin and said, "You haven't done your duty and eaten your donut today" and I picked it up and threw it in my trash can and then covered it with disinfectant. There, consider my duty done.

mj5
09-13-2008, 09:45 AM
My dh just told me that my butt is smaller and he's right!!!

Dumplin
09-13-2008, 10:19 AM
My daughter said I looked smaller .....that was nice!!!!!!!

FB
09-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Calvin Klein- SIZE 14 SLIMCUT!!!!!! Enough said :)

Star2Be
09-15-2008, 12:24 AM
^WOOHOO! Congrats! :D Buying clothes in a smaller clothes is, like, THE biggest rush ever. Hehe.

I took some pictures with a friend yesterday - we were just bored and goofing around with my camera - and in one of the pictures we took, I was shocked to see how thin I looked. It was just in one picture in particular, and it seemed to be some trick of the angle/lighting (since I honestly haven't noticed much of a difference in my appearance yet), but even so it was pretty awesome to see a teensy bit of progress! At the very least, I definitely have a new Facebook profile picture. ;)

Altari
09-15-2008, 10:03 PM
I was met with temptation - twice. Two sets of grandparents, two 4th birthday parties for my daughter. I had a piece of cake at one, and just a little bite at the other. I reminded myself that I knew what cake tasted like, and that her birthday wasn't about the cake. :dizzy:

And, on top of that, I didn't feel bad about not having a piece.

twilit tera
09-16-2008, 01:09 AM
For the past few days, I've been wanting pizza. It wasn't one of those soul-consuming cravings, just... "y'know it's beena while..." Might have something to do with the "which 3 things do you refuse to give up" thread. Hmmm.

Anyway, I finally decided today was the day and I got my pizza. We stopped off at Pizza hut and each of us ordered a personal pan pizza. Here it comes...

I didn't touch the pizza until *after* I'd eating a fistful of fresh veggies. Then, when I did crack the box open, I ate 1/2 of the "personal" sized pizza... slowly... then I closed the box and put it back in the fridge, completely satisfied!

This is a first for me, y'know! In the past when I got my hands on pizza it was either a whole personal sized pizza (and bread sticks) or at least 3 pieces of a medium.

I wanted to post about it right after dinner, but I had to run off to class.

FB
09-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Yay! Tonite I found out I won the local Biggest Loser's contest. $$$! Not only did I win, but in the lead by 5%. Yay again!

twilit tera
09-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Well, I didn't win any contests (congrats, FB) but I feel like I did.

We had a family dinner at my aunt's house, Red Hot and Blue take out (again). I was extremely careful with my portions, made sure to I didn't eat past being hungry and THEN (drumroll please) turned down blackberry cobbler a la mode! (And I was the only person there who did.)

Beverlyjoy
09-18-2008, 01:58 PM
You have all had so many great NSV's!! Aren't they wonderful. I guess it's not ALL about that number on the scale. Three cheers for you all.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Today in the mail came an order of new clothes from Blair. I am so, so excited....not one was plus size. WOW!!! That's amazing for me. They were ladies extra large....but, I will take it!! I am so, so excited.

I wasn't sure when I bought them that they would all fit at this size....they do.

I got:

demin jumper
a blue crinkle skirt with a matching lighthouse decorated vest
2 blouses
sweatshirt - aqua

I think this is just what I needed to give me a smile and help me move forward with healthy eating.

mollymom
09-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I have attended two staff meetings and not eaten one crumb of the cheese and crackers provided. I am doing the snack in November...if I just bring cut up veggies and NF dip do you think they will string me up on the playground from the basketball hoop?;)

Beverlyjoy
09-20-2008, 08:51 AM
We went to our neighbor's for a birthday party for their two year old twins. I passed on the chocolate cupcakes and asked if I could scoop my own ice cream. I had planned for a small amount in my day. I took about 1/4 cup and really enjoyed that ice and didn't even miss the cupcake.

twilit tera
09-20-2008, 10:13 AM
I have attended two staff meetings and not eaten one crumb of the cheese and crackers provided. I am doing the snack in November...if I just bring cut up veggies and NF dip do you think they will string me up on the playground from the basketball hoop?;)

A. You've sat through their cheese and cracker meetings, so fair's fair.
B. Providing veggies and dip instead of refined carbs is doing them a favor - they ought to throw you a parade!

Good for you for being good through those meetings! I hope you came away feeling like the winner you are! :yay:

:yay: for me too! I just put on a blouse and shorts that I've been embarrassed to wear all summer. The blouse was gaping across the chest and my belly was pressing through it. Now my belly doesn't come close and there's no more gaping - I actually have ROOM! The shorts were uncomfortable to wear, being as tight as they were. Well, there's still a bit too tight, but at least they aren't painfullly so! :dance:

Star2Be
09-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Amazing NSV! Although no one has mentioned anything about my weight loss for the past two months (and -36 lbs), finally yesterday FIVE different people all told me that I look thinner, and said I looked great! I already blabbed all about this here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151546&page=11 so I'll spare you all the minute details, but yep, I'm feeling pretty good about that today! :D

LisaF
09-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Yesterday I bought jeans in the Misses section of Macy's. I think that it's the first time in my adult life that I've been able to shop in the Misses section. Granted, they were a size 16, but it felt so amazing not to be relegated to that little section upstairs. I was telling my mom about it on the way home and I almost started crying.

Lisa

FB
09-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Yesterday one of my clients who had portraits taken a few years ago stopped by my house rather than my office to personally ask me if I'd consider shooting her wedding (which is sweet in itself).

She struggles with her weight as well, has about 100 pounds to loose, and has fallen off track in the last year. We got on the topic of my new appearance since she last saw me 110 pounds ago and talked about wellness, fitness and nutrition.

She called my office manager after she left my house, crying. Happily. She said she found her motivation again, that I inspired her. She told my office manager to tell me she was headed to the gym that very minute. She called again later that evening to report she had rejoined Weight Watchers.

That is so freaking awesome. I'm honored.

Star2Be
09-21-2008, 01:05 AM
^ Amazing NSV! Wow! And now you're inspiring ME with the fact that someday I might be an inspiration to someone, too. ;) But seriously, that is so awesome. If I were you, I'd be absolutely glowing right now.

FB
09-21-2008, 02:19 AM
Oh thanks so much Meredith! Seriously, that was THE best NSV ever for me, better than new clothes, new found strength or looks, just the best.

Beverlyjoy
09-21-2008, 07:32 PM
My nsv was going to a wedding last night and NOT overeating! YAY!!!

TJFitnessDiva
09-22-2008, 11:36 AM
My NSV is that I can fit my butt into a size 16 jeans....barely but I can do it! lmao

twilit tera
09-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Congrats on the new jeans size, Tanee!

This must be a rough week though, that our last NSV was on the 22nd.

Well, today I have one:

Let me start by saying this - I hate exercise. The only way I can enjoy exercise is by focusing on something other than the exercise. That's why I like dancing, because you get all that great activity, but really you're just listening to music with your entire body! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to dance safely for a while because of my knee. Lately that leaves swimming and the stationary cycle.

The swimming I get through because I can focus on the way the weightlessness feels or the water across my skin or the music I'm playing. The cycling I get through by reading or watching television.

Well, today I decided to kill two birds with one stone by reading my biology text book while I cycled. That worked fine, til I was done with the reading assignment and still had 15 minutes left on my workout. :eek:

I looked around for the remote control to turn on the television and it was Way. Over. There.

My options: stop cycling, get the remote, start cycling again (which is cumbersome to set up because of all the buttons you push to give it your weight, age, what type of workout you want, etc.), quit early or... keep going without anything to keep me distracted! :gasp:

At first I was ready to quit 10 minutes early, but then a thought hit me. "I can stay on anyway. I don't have to quit early - I can stay on and get through my workout, and I'll be really proud of myself if I do."

So I did! The entire time I was cycling, I started brainstorming up things that I actually liked about the exercise. There weren't many but...

there's the endorphins that make me feel so happy when I'm done
there's the way my skin feels "awake" when I shower afterward
there's the feeling of pride that I stayed On Plan

So, I survived. I even felt glad that I stayed on! :cheer:

mezmerize
09-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Today I was eating my lunch. (chicken breast, kashi 7 grains, bell pepper slices and a pineapple/peach/tomato/hot peppers salsa placed on top of chicken) While I sat there eating and drinking my water I felt full. WHA?? Full could I be!!! But there is still food on my plate!! So ate another bite and though your full stop! Just because there is food on your plate doesn

mezmerize
09-25-2008, 05:29 PM
mean you have to eat it. This maybe turn out to be my new motto

twilit tera
09-25-2008, 06:01 PM
mean you have to eat it. This maybe turn out to be my new motto

Fantastic motto, and I love your ticker!

HeatherMcG
09-25-2008, 06:16 PM
I have done 3 days straight of the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred! Here's to 27 more!

WebRover
09-26-2008, 03:22 AM
Three days in a row I've decided not to eat (dark) chocolate after dinner.

Altari
09-26-2008, 03:25 PM
*epic music*

I opened it, and there sat the treasure. Orange and glittering, just waiting to be plucked from its pedestal...I could have all three...one for me...one for each of my daughters...It's fresh baked scent wafted to my nose and I felt my resolve crumble...

But I only took 2 Halloween donuts for my daughters. Instead of the fried, frosted dough, I had 1 milk chocolate square. Disaster averted! Donuts you hold no power over me!

TJFitnessDiva
09-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I've been walking for the past couple of weeks at a track (with 9 people still at my house I need to get out)....I actually walked 5 miles today! OMG and my daughter was so good in her stroller that I didn't have to stop hehe

Altari
09-27-2008, 12:20 AM
And another one...the scale may be against me BUT...I am currently lounging in a brand new, size XL dress I picked up tonight {at Old Navy, of course :P). It fits perfectly. I haven't seen an ON size XL in a few years now...yayz!

Star2Be
09-27-2008, 12:28 PM
^Altari, what a coincidence! I was just coming to celebrate my own donut-related NSV, haha. Yesterday was my big drive to Chicago to move into my dorm (to start school! eeek!) and in the morning, my parents went to pick up some donuts. I had planned to have my typical breakfast to get off to a good start (bowl of Total with lite vanilla soy milk sliced bananas :D) but my dad called while they were out to ask if I wanted anything and I thought... Well... It IS a special occasion... And my dad bought a huge box of donuts last week and I didn't even touch them (MAN that was hard) so I was like, ok, sure, bring me a Boston Creme donut. A little later, I thought Crap, that was stupid, why did I do that?! I don't need a donut! and I was really disappointed with myself because it felt like I had basically already eaten the donut... Since I had asked my dad to get it for me, I couldn't NOT eat it now! But then it occurred to me, Wait, that's stupid... I CAN just not eat it! It was like mezmerize said--just because it'll be there doesn't mean I have to eat it! It's not as if no one else in my family would be willing to eat it. I dunno, that was a big revelation for me! Haha. So I had my cereal instead and when my parents got home I simply said that I wasn't in the mood for a donut today after all! :D

djay
09-27-2008, 01:01 PM
I wore that inspiration pair of kahki's to work this week. The ones that have been hanging in my closet taunting me for the last 6 years!!!!

Chele615
09-27-2008, 05:47 PM
My friend is getting married next weekend, so I went to Kohl's earlier today to see if they had a dress that I could wear for it. I don't necessarily need another dress, since I do have one that I bought at Kohl's a couple months ago that still fits fine, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to look.

So, I didn't really find a dress, but ended up buying 1 pair of black dress pants (a size 16!!! YAY!!), a pair of jean (size 18) and two XL shirts. I didn't even have to go anywhere near the Women's section, which was nice!! :)

Star2Be
09-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Another food-related NSV today... I went to lunch at my school cafeteria for the first time this year (and the first time since starting my weight loss) and I ate very well! Even with the mac n' cheese and garlicky mashed potatoes, etc staring me in the face, I chose to have some steamed veggies and some spinachy rice stuff instead! And a big cup of water (NOT soda, like I frequently got last year...)! I felt pretty good about that. :D

flabbyblue
09-28-2008, 09:32 AM
I loved reading through all these...so inspirational!
I've been stuck on hte scale for two weeks, but I am dropping inches (woot).

I refinish furniture purely as a hobby, and yesterday I was able to sand down and entire bookcase - and no muscle ache! Normally, I'd have to take breaks, massage my poor arm muscles...looks like those strength sessions are finally paying off!

foxxy511
09-28-2008, 07:44 PM
At work today, one of the managers came up to me and told me that I had inspired her so much with my weight loss that she joined WW last Monday! I was so happy that my healthy lifestyle changes influenced someone else!

And then, since we work in the mall, I promptly gave her the run down on what places in the food court were WW-friendly, haha (basically just Subway, lol).

FB
09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
I went to a discount clothing store today and saw a super cute denim skirt that was size 11/12. Since it was only 4 dollars I bought it, thinking it would fit someday.

I brought it home and today was the day!

Imagine my shock... 11/12! Me!

Not tight at all, absolutely NO MUFFIN TOP!!! At the beginning of this year my 22's were tight! I had no idea I could wear an 11/12! And the size 14 jeans I bought as well today did not fit - too big!! Yeah! Here's to wasting money!

Dumplin
09-28-2008, 10:29 PM
I wore my capri's out last night and they nearly fell off! I need smaller clothes!!!

WarMaiden
09-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Yesterday another coworker told me she thought I looked great, and like I felt great, and that she could tell I'd lost weight.

And for the last several days my husband and I have been experimenting with sexual positions we haven't been able to do for YEARS. (He's lost 30 pounds too, so between us, we've lost the equivalent of smaller grade-school kid off our bodies! No wonder we're more able to be, uh, acrobatic!)

And my jeans are beginning to do this really annoying droopy thing where they ride down at the waist because they are getting too big.