Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #1  

Unhappy Just started--- I need support

I just started my Physician's weight loss center diet today, and I am feeling miserable. I just vomited my lunch today 2 hours after eating my required supplement shake.....
but I have to try because this is costing me $749/16 weeks that's including the supplements, vitamins, vitb12 shot (which I am gonna refuse because it makes my skin look like I have bruise), and blood test, measurements, and doctor visit. So I am definitely going to give it a try---- I just feel hungry and hungry, maybe typing or looking up things for homework (I am going to school online) will make me stop thinking about eating. I am a constant overeater. I am a sweetsaholic, I am a cakeaholic--- and because of that, I am overweight, I don't feel good about myself, so I just drown in my own cakes.......*sigh* anyways, I am just looking for motivators and maybe someone else on a physician's weight loss center diet that can help me, and tell me how they did it, and how they coped with the very restricted diet. Thanks again!
bumblebeeRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi bumblebeeRN - can I ask what made you pick that particular plan? Sorry I don't know anything about it so I can't help much there...

I wanna say - we are a very supportive bunch here. My biggest downfall is sweets, too. So I totally hear ya.

I find reading goal posts very motivating...
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey Bumblebee, sorry you are having such a hard time. I can't really comment on your plan, since I didn't do that except to say if your doctor is recommending vitamin supplements - please take them. Maybe you can ask for the shot someplace where a bruise wouldn't be visible. I have a friend who suffers from a B vitamin deficiency and he is tired all the time.

I can comment on feeling like a sugaraholic - because I definitely know what that feels like. What worked for me was completely cutting out sugar (except for fruit) for a few weeks. It really helped eliminate the crazy cravings and helped me like the taste of regular food more. After no sugar for 2 weeks, a blackberry starts to taste really really really good. It doesn't have to mean a lifetime without sugar, after 3 years of maintenance I do eat sweets, but I understand/recognize my triggers. For example, a huge package of cookies in the house is a no no, but sharing a dessert in a restaurant can be okay.

I also understand eating for boredom, if you are taking school from home, can you do your homework in a local library? It will eliminate the ability to randomly eat and it might help you feel more focused and scholastic.

Finally, and most importantly, be thinking what you will do when you reach your goal weight. If you are on a special, very regimented diet to lose the weight, how will you transition to "regular" food and still maintain your weight loss? After 20 years of yo yo dieting, THIS was the important question I finally answered successfully. You will probably definitely lose weight if you stick to this diet for any length of time, but what happens when the diet is over? In a lot of ways, losing weight is the easy part, it's what comes next that can help you live a lifetime at a healthy weight.

Best of luck.

Last edited by Glory87; 08-31-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: i before e except after c
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:33 PM   #4  

Thank you all for all the responses. I greatly appreciate it!!!!

I am definitely going to try to cut out all this sugar that I trully adore---- stick to this diet and excersise every day.

God willing, after losing the weight, I plan to excersise, eat more salads, fruits, and have a sweet snack once in a while so I don't deprive myself.

Thanks again!
Old 08-31-2008, 07:00 PM   #5  

You know you aren't depriving yourself. You make an informed, conscious decision to eat healthy foods that support your weight goals or not to. No one has locked up the sweet snacks or whatever so that you can't get them. If you continue to eat sweet snacks you will crave more and more sweets. It's all in how you think about it.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey bumblebee,

3FC does have a few members who have been on Physicians Weight Loss Center programs--but they are kinda sparse! I'm sure there's a website for the program, although I don't know whether they have a forum setup.

It's important for you to follow the program exactly--that's what you're paying for! And the supplements are important.

Good luck to you!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:18 PM   #7  

you all are so right!!
I did pay for the program so I have to follow it exactly--- only thing is that I crave sweets!

I have a big sweet tooth!

anyways, thank you all for your help!!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:21 PM   #8  

Hi, I picked this program because I have tried doing the southbeach diet on my own-- did not work out well---, I did weight watchers, and it was hard only eating 20pts per day and it was online so I still fell for my old habits.

I heard several stories from other people about physician's weight loss center and it looked good, so I am giving it a try. But tomorrow for sure, I will follow the menu word for word!!
Old 09-01-2008, 07:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

This may seem like a kind of diversion from topic but ... I had to learn how to sit at the computer without a cigarette in hand ... I sip black coffee, diet coke, ice water -or- chew gum. The chewing gum? That's a good one!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #10  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi BumbleBee. You know when you start to lose weight that will be sweeter than cake. You will have such a good feeling you may not want that piece of cake because you will have such a good inner feeling about what you've accomplished. And remember, it's always hard when we start something new because it's a learning experience. Stick with your plan and soon it will become easier to do and it'll become second nature to eat on plan. Best wishes on losing weight and becoming healthy.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #11  
I will do it!!

i was on that plan back in the early 90's. I lost all my weight and reached goal. I then got pregnant and gained weight and have been struggling since. every time I would be think I seemed to get pregnant..........LOL!!
nOW i AM OLDER, AND NO MORE OF THAT!!!LOL!!!
Good luck hang in there.
alwaysej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #12  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

hey bumblebee, i hope that you are still continuing to do well. CONGRATULATIONS....on setting out to change your life. people always feel nervous and scared when really you are about to make yourself feel amazing, and change your life for all good reasons, physically, emotionally, mentally. Although i have not done a physician plan, i have to be incredibly strict with myself, and i think so does every dieter to some degree, and regimented diet is often the easiet to get stuck into. I see it almost like a life project, and i want to succeed. There are many wonderful bits of advice on here, the best i heard recently is to think what do u want more:a piece of sugar which temporarily make u happy, or a natural buzz of confidence and happiness created through determination, effort and reward.
i wish u luck on your journey, and were all here for you. Most of all, stay positive :-D
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/166/135

Best of luck, Bumblebee! I am studying and working from home, and it has been absolutely crucial for me to get out and do as much of my work as possible at the library. Sometimes, I will go to a cafe and order an unsweetened iced tea so I can sit outside and enjoy this GORGEOUS New England summer we have been having. Getting out of the house is crucial for my mental health, plus getting away from snacking in my kitchen out of boredom! Good luck with your program!
LittleElectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #14  

You ALL are so awesome and a great inspiration for me!! THanks for all your responses!!!

I have an update! Since I have to go to PWLC every week to get weighed and get supplements-- I went for 1 week follow up.

I had gone to the gym, stick with the diet & I lost 3 pounds. No kidding, I couldn't believe it, giving up bread, eating minimum rice and minimum sugar--

so from 147 to 144

I have to be honest, I only went to the gym once because I work nights and stay at my mom's so she can take care of the baby, and her house is a lot closer to my work- but I will go as much as I possibly can.

God willing, I will reach my goal then maintain a healthy lifestyle from there on.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #15  
You need me!

Welcome.

And that really is the spirit. I have the worst will power of any person i know and i know that its very hard to stick to something. Just be positive, and take things slow and in the end you'll be happier and healthier.

and Congrats. on the weight loss.!
LindsayL0ve is offline   Reply With Quote