Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-30-2008, 08:45 AM   #1  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

Default Starting all over again.....

So, I am sure my story is the same as most of yours. Regardless of my screen name, I just turned 37 a couple of weeks ago. I have spent the majority of my life overweight. Over the years, I have dieted on and off and only had real success twice. One time, after leaving my first husband, I quickly and without much effort lost about 45 pounds. Unfortunately, I assume I lost part of it because, I had no time for eating because I was going aout all the time, "enjoying" my new found freedom. Suffice it to say that I gained it all back when I got pregnant later that summer and added a few more pounds as well. I only got to be skinny for about three months

Then about two years ago, a guy that I was interested in catching the attention of, motivated me to lose about thirty pounds. I was still far from my goal weight but I was definately on my way. That weight loss was short lived as well.

So, here I am, back at pretty much the same weight I have been for the last ten years at least. Not a whole lot of fluctuation up or down. (still 10 pounds under my "high" weight two years ago thank goodness). Recently I talked to "the motivator" of my last weight loss and we may be seeing each other pretty soon. So of course now I am thinking how fast can I lose at least a few pounds so that I don't end up looking awful that first day.

So, I know what you are going to say. I shouldn't be losing it for this guy. And I know you are right. But the way I look at it, if this guy motivates me then maybe it is just time I grab the bull by the horns and try again. This could be te time I keep it off. I start a new job on Tuesday after a very rough summer without one and I would like this to be a turning point in my life. I know the things that I need to change, it is just a matter of doing it!!

So, I apoligize for my rambling, but I felt I needed to get it out there in the hopes that it would help jump start me to do it again. Anyone have any cheap/free ideas to jumpstart a weight loss? If I could fairly quickly see a loss on the scale, it would not only increase my confidence when I see this guy, but it helps me to continue on with the weight loss.

Any thoughts of comments would be helpful.
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi and good luck from a fellow yoyo-er!

I'm finding the new fitday a great motivator. It's 'given' me 1750 calories as a daily budget, which seemed huge but hey, I've lost 13lbs in August, so it must be ok.

Hope you find what suits you!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #3  

How ironic that I was just coming here for the first time in (I'm guessing) over a year, and yours was the first post I read. I'm in the same boat. A year ago, I was celebrating my goal weight. Now I'm back to where I started. I just got stressed and lost track of my eating habits. *sigh*

I knew I was gaining weight, but until I jumped on a scale at work on Thursday, I didn't realize I was actually back at my starting weight. I need a new plan.

Good luck with yours!
Modjeska is offline   Reply With Quote