Exercise! - *Spinoff* Worst Exercise?

View Full Version : *Spinoff* Worst Exercise?

carinna
08-29-2008, 04:31 PM
I just posted asking what everyone's favorite exercise is. Now I'm curious to know which one you H*A*T*E. I can't stand sit-ups or crunches. :nono:

PhotoChick
08-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Depends on what hurts worst from the previous workout! :)

I'm trying to think of one that I really really hate, and I honestly can't.
I'm not sure if that's cause I equally dislike all of them or cause I'm just weird.

(shhh, don't answer that)

Ok, I will say the one I try to get out of the most or that I "cheat" on the most is the plank. I hit the point where my arms start shaking and I just say "that's enough for today". :)

mandalinn82
08-29-2008, 04:37 PM
I *hate* bicycle crunches. Hate. HATE.

julie99s
08-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Push ups. My whole life I've only been able to do the "girly" ones.

Starrynight
08-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I hate really fast-paced group work outs.. I know a lot of people *love* them but I can't stand em, I feel so uncoordinated and aloof...
Yes I hate push-up's too.. I can do them.. but I just hate them...

KLK
08-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Push ups
Bicycle crunches
Lunges

I do them all, bc they're all effective imo, but I don't like doing them.

nelie
08-29-2008, 04:45 PM
steady state cardio... talk about big yawn...

carinna
08-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Push ups. My whole life I've only been able to do the "girly" ones.

Yeah, this one would probably be a close second for me.

nelie
08-29-2008, 04:48 PM
If you want to do 'real' pushups, my suggestion is to stop getting on your knees and get on the stairs (or other elevated platform including a step). Do 'real' pushups but at a higher incline, then lower the incline until you get on the floor.

PhotoChick
08-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Oh well, if you're including group exercises ... I HATE loathe, despise, abhor step class. Mostly because I'm a huge klutz and I have been known to both fall off of the step and to actually kick the step into someone else (yes, even while it was anchored onto a mat). I always feel like the biggest idiot in step class.

Starrynight
08-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Oh well, if you're including group exercises ... I HATE loathe, despise, abhor step class. Mostly because I'm a huge klutz and I have been known to both fall off of the step and to actually kick the step into someone else (yes, even while it was anchored onto a mat). I always feel like the biggest idiot in step class.

lmao oh man, trust me, I'm sure I would do the same thing!

Diva
08-29-2008, 05:00 PM
PUSH ups! I HATE them! Oh and Lunges! Pull ups too!

cjb0arder13
08-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Running!!! I don't like to run unless being chased by an ax-murderer.

I know it's amazing exercise, though...wouldn't it be cool to be hypnotized to start to *love* running??? Sign me up!

FB
08-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Choreographed exercise. I cannot dance nor can I stay upright in an exercise class. I look like a fool and I feel even more foolish.

I'm not fond of bouncing on hard surfaces either, which usually goes along with exercise classes. I don't care for jumping rope or jumping jacks.

TJFitnessDiva
08-29-2008, 06:33 PM
lol it would have to be pushups

Apple Cheeks
08-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Triceps dips on a bench. HATE THEM!!

Jadeybaby
08-29-2008, 07:15 PM
PUSH ups! I HATE them! Oh and Lunges! Pull ups too!

Same here.
I hate crunches too because I suck at them

Skullarix
08-29-2008, 08:12 PM
I hate pull ups... back in jr. high we had to do this thing called a "flexed muscle arm hang" which was a pull up with a reversed grip only you "hung" there for as long as you could. I could NEVER do this one for as strong as I was I know never get it... So the pull ups are a bleed over from that.

junebug41
08-29-2008, 08:23 PM
The stair climber. You cimb and climb and get... nowhere.

Also, any sort of ab work on the ball that requires me to life a leg or do some impossible balancing act. I look like a schmuck!

BlueToBlue
08-29-2008, 09:03 PM
I was just thinking about this today as my trainer was having me do lunges. I really don't like lunges and squats and all their variations. With weights, without weights, standing, on a machine, jump variations...I dread them all.

If I had to choose between doing push-ups, squats, and lunges, I'd choose to do push-ups any day.

I was a swimmer as a kid and, except for breast-stroke, my kick has always been the weakest part of my stroke. This makes me think that maybe there's something about my build that makes me more inclined to use my upper body vs. my lower body.

JoyfulVegGirl
08-30-2008, 02:43 AM
Burpees.

Yes, they are as horrible as they sound.

denialisnthappiness
08-30-2008, 05:31 PM
squats... got to the end of a set the other day and got to the point of no return.. just could not get back up! lol

(May I just say tricep dips are one of my favourites...is there a favourite thread?)

PhotoChick
08-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Ok, yeah, burpees suck. My DH always called that the "prison" exercise - the first time my trainer had me to them, that's what I blurted out at the gym. Then I had to explain that no, my DH hadn't ever been to prison ... :D