Old 08-28-2008, 10:58 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Frighten Away the Fat Challenge~Invitation Thread

Alright it is time to get ready to start our new challenge ladies. This challenge will start on Monday and go through the Monday after Halloween.

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #2  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I just HAVE to commit to this challenge!!!! For so many reasons....1- the weight loss contest at work ends the first of November....2- BOWLING SEASON...it is going to kill me with all the drinking and carrying on. sigh! I have to learn I can have fun withOUT all the drinking. Same goes with poker, which picks up in the cooler weather too......But I really want to win the wt loss challenge....there are 17 of us in for $10 apiece, winner take all, 170 bucks....ha ha, worth at least two poker tournaments and cash game...LOL kidding, I'd like to take the money for a massage. I've never had a massage, can you imagine?

Well apparently, according to this morning's scale, I still weigh 253....so my goal for this challenge (9 weeks??? is that right?) will be 245. Off to make a cool Halloween ticker.

For the newbies....I'm Michelle, wife to Michael (11 years this December!) Mom to Rachel (4) and Robert (8, almost 9) I work as a floor nurse 7p-7a three nights a week at the hospital, specializing in diabetic education and kidney dialysis. I count calories, try to up my protein and fiber, watch carbs and fats, avoid whites (sugar/flour/bread etc) and try to keep clean/fresh (veggies and fruits, white meats, etc.) but I'm not averse to Lean Cuisine and the like...I find I LOVE South Beach products, the wraps, the protein water packets, now the snacks ( the bars, the granola, the nut mixture, the pudding cups) even the cereal....and WW products...I don't know all about WW but I like to think that's similar to what I do.

I can't wait to meet the newbies! And of course all my old friends better be on board. I might not post all that frequently but my heart is always with my girls! Love ya'll oxoxxoo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Hi Everyone! Well, after sitting out a challenge I am up about 4 lbs and managed to lose the bit of toning, especially around the mid-section, I had. I'm back to work and struggling to find the energy in the evenings to exercise. Now that I'm settled back into my "normal", it's time to get "Wicked Weedin'"!!!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

I'd love to join!
I'm a NEWBIE! I'm 35, single, mom to Demara, 15 (almost 16). I'm part of a research study, doing Jenny Craig, and feel very fortunate at being given the opportunity to join the program. I've lost 26 pounds so far and have about 50 to go. My goal is to be at 170 by Halloween.
I'm looking forward to practicing WEED every day!
Misty
mist72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #5  
Turbo Girl!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hmm, i'll bite on this challenge since my other is wrapping up on monday. Time to jump right into another one!!

I'm really getting a handle on myself as far as my eating and exercising! And my body/scale is reflecting it nicely. This challenge will help to keep me in check!

Goal weight for this challenge is 164. So about ten pounds? Hoping to blow that away!!
Lunabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #6  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Ready for another challenge??? You bet. I will have to do my final weigh-in on Monday and see how I did on this one. I know I lost something, but don't think I made goal. I have already set a goal for the end of October, and that is to be under 200. As of right now that is about 11 pounds. I know that is doable.

For all new people, my name is Mindy and I am a school teacher. I usually teach kindergarten, but got bumped to a 4/5 split. NOT happy. I am hoping to go back to K once the year gets started. I have 2 children, 23 DD, 20 DS and my ex-hubbie lives with us. My DD just finished college, degree in musical theatre and son is currently attending community college majoring in theatre. Imagine that.

I am motivated, but can get whiny when I don't lose. Bear with me, it passes. I am pumped and geared up for the next 2 months and they will be great.

Good luck everyone.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Welcome back Grazer! Hi Michelle, Luna, and Mindy! Welcome Misty!

Hi! I am Jeni. Mom to Makenna, 5 and Tommy almost 3. Wife to Will. I have been working on losing weight for just over 2 years. After a very long plateau (like 6 or 8 months) I finally started losing again once I started planning again and running. I work in a food processing plant 4a-4p. 6 days on one week 6 days off the next. UMMM My goal for Haloween is going to be 4 pounds. That would put me at 145.

W I drink 64-80 oz of water a day.

E Days off I work out 1 hour of cardio. I have been running 5k, but recently switched to 20 running/20 elliptical/20 bike. I just got back from vacation and let exercise slide for over a week now so I am going to start back on Tuesday with a 5k. Days that I work I do extra laps around the plant. A normal day my pedometer would read anywhere from 8-12 miles.
E I stick to 1200 planned calories per day. easier when I work. I try to eat a yogurt, protein shake, salad, a fruit, and a veggie. Then I have a lean meat and veggie dinner. I stay away from anything bulky and starchy for dinner.
D Usually my daily goals are to do housework, and remind myself to be mindful of my planning goals.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #8  
I'll survive!!

S/C/G: 195/186/145

Height: 5'8

This is my first challenge. My name is Andrea, mother to Madison, 3 and wife to Michael. Also stepmother to Sam, age 10.
When I arrived home from giving birth to my daughter in April 2005 my weight was 263.5. Prepregnancy weight was around 210. I have lost 100 lbs in the past 3 years and maintained it within a few pounds since last summer. My problem is that I have ran out of motivation. I think this is exactly what I need to get back on track.
My current weight as of today is 166.5. I would like to be 150 by the end of this challenge.
jellybeansss76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:26 AM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Welcome Jellybean!

Okay Ladies on to WEEK 1!!!!! post here!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...60#post2342160

Last edited by jcatron243; 09-01-2008 at 05:30 AM.