Fitness Videos - Zumba

View Full Version : Zumba

Dumplin
08-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Has anyone ever did Zumba ? I have went to one class and love it. I will be going again!!

painted lady
08-28-2008, 09:06 AM
they have these classes at the Y i'm going to join... what's the format like?

Dumplin
09-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Zumba is alot of loud music which is great for exercising. Then all kinds of dance moves , alot of them i have seen on Dancing With the Stars. I really really like this . It is the most fun I have had exercising!!!!!

jmfan317
09-05-2008, 01:46 PM
This all I've seen about them.

http://www.zumba.com/

bethel
09-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Zumba is a HUGE growing exercise craze. I started taking classes at my local Y about a year ago and got completely hooked. In fact, tomorrow I'm going to a training session to become a certified zumba instructor. If someone had told me 2 years ago that I'd want to teach a fitness class, I would have laughed them out of the room!

You can find classes in your area by going to www.zumba.com

Also, you can search for "zumba" on you tube to see some classes in action - lots of fun!:carrot:

MissNewBooty
09-14-2008, 03:10 PM
I've done it and LOVE it. I stopped going because my gym membership lapsed...I'm really wanting to buy the DVDs. It's such a fun workout.

hush hush
12-06-2008, 03:06 AM
I won the Zumba system in a silent auction today. I couldn't wait, so did the instructional dvd this evening. It's over 50 mins long, and it did make me sweat. I jumprope for my primary cardio, and think that Zumba will make a fun addition to my workout. Still can't beat the calves that I get from jumping, though.

Anyone else out there using Zumba?

Dlocke101
12-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Anyone use the DVDs?

I wondered how they compared to the classes?

Lilly
01-12-2009, 11:16 PM
I use the DVD's, mainly because the thought of dancing infront of a bunch of people makes me light headed, lol. I love it! You don't feel like you are w/o but you ended up out of breath and sweating. I posted on another one that someone asked about Zumba and I have to say that when it was all I used for a w/o, I didn't lose any weight. So that was a major let down and I quit altogether with my w/o's. But I've started again w/o and I'll use Zumba as one of my w/o's not all. I need variations to my w/o's or I get really bored.

CountingDown
01-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I like the DVDs as well! They are a lot of fun and a great workout!

recidivist
01-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Can you buy the dvd's one at a time? That looks like a blast. I love latin music.

Lilly
01-13-2009, 08:07 PM
That's the bad thing, you can't buy them one at a time. It's all or nothing. Unless maybe you found them on ebay? But they are a blast!