South Beach Diet - Weekly confessional....

View Full Version : Weekly confessional....

grneyedmustang
08-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Since there was sooooo much fun in the other thread...it made me think about a boo boo I've made this week, and maybe this one will be fun.

What sin have you committed this week?

I had bacon, but it was low sodium no sugar. :o

murphmitch
08-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Food sins? Cookies & cream ice cream with hot fudge sauce last weekend.

Other sins? Buying new clothes and cosmetics that I really don't need, but I'm worth it.

grneyedmustang
08-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Food sins? Cookies & cream ice cream with hot fudge sauce last weekend.

Other sins? Buying new clothes and cosmetics that I really don't need, but I'm worth it.

Food sins. I use shopping as a justification for congratulating the fact that I stayed on plan. :D

Kim_Star060404
08-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Food sins; I had some Rolo's yesterday.

AutumnRose
08-27-2008, 06:25 PM
I had an Oreo yesterday.... the thing is I don't even like them....why did I?!?! :(

zeffryn
08-27-2008, 06:28 PM
I had an Oreo yesterday.... the thing is I don't even like them....why did I?!?! :(

because preggos deserve an oreo once in awhile ;)

AutumnRose
08-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Yeah but if I'm going to cheat why not eat something I like? I just shoved the Oreo in my mouth to be defiant I think lol

luvja
08-27-2008, 06:44 PM
I had butter on my bun today with dinner - and yesterday I had some chips :(

rdw1
08-27-2008, 06:51 PM
I made roasted pumpkin seeds, and well, um.,... they are addictive! I musve had 3 handfuls last night! ugh... They are hidden in the cabinet today- I also had 2 light beers. oops.... not oops- I am taking responsibility for doing it but dang, why did I do that?!? lol

Schmoodle
08-27-2008, 07:11 PM
When I was cleaning out the freezer yesterday I found some dark chocolate chips I had hidden from myself. The bag was open. I had some. Not too many though, a small handful. I made myself pour them in the trash today. Just too dangerous. It made me cry though.

zeffryn
08-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah but if I'm going to cheat why not eat something I like? I just shoved the Oreo in my mouth to be defiant I think lol

you remind me of my two year old. :lol:

Thin4Good
08-27-2008, 09:29 PM
hmm - Saturday I had 2.5 glasses of wine. That is the first alcohol I have had since starting SBD so it affected me more than I thought it would! I have been giving DD mini chocolate chips for going potty and I think I ate 3 or 4 today, one at a time though. I want to switch her to stickers but she still wants to eat them so that worries me a little! Yesterday, although I only had SBD friendly things I ate more sweet treats than I should have. TOM is almost here and I think that is why. I always crave sweets around that time. --- I discovered that PB Ritz Bits have no place in my home as I almost had one in my mouth before I knew what I was doing yesterday morning! I made DH take them to work today.

murphmitch
08-27-2008, 09:35 PM
hmm - I have been giving DD mini chocolate chips for going potty

Mmm, I wish you were my mom!

KO
08-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Peanut M&Ms

grneyedmustang
08-27-2008, 11:09 PM
hmm - Saturday I had 2.5 glasses of wine.

Are you on phase I or II? Because if you are on phase II, you might not be in violation that bad. :D But I have noticed that alcohol is affecting me differently now too! And congrats on making it to onederland...

Fat Melanie
08-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Awesome thread, Greeneyedmustang, at least someone knows how to have some naughty without-breaking-the-rules fun! :p

My sin? Well... I found an ice cream by Breyers made with Splenda, although it is not necessarily low in fat. (The ingredients list both milk and skim milk, but also butter.. *gasp* ) 110 calories a serving. Uh, and I'm sure I surpassed a single serving.

My boyfriend actually found it, thinking he was doing good and being supportive. Maybe not so much. It's been three days, and I finished that ice cream tonight. The thing is, I've never been so much of an ice cream fan... why is it that it's so delicious when you're not supposed to be having it? I guess it's a matter of wanting what you can't have.

Scarlett
08-28-2008, 02:47 AM
Sunday night I went out and had WAY too much alcohol. I had a 301 blue, a pitcher of coors light, 1/2 a vodka cranberry, a shot of flavored vodka, a long island iced tea. Then stopped for drunk food on the way home...a buffalo chicken wrap and a rice krispy treat.

I'm really not THAT upset about it though, at least I had a great time, if I had sat home alone eating a pint of Ben and Jerrys it would have been a diffrent story. Also this oddly enough didn;t result in much damage on the scale, so I guess I got lucky.

TwynnB
08-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Cashews. LOTS of 'em. Absolutely addicted. But, I figure, I'm still losing weight, so that's my new addiction.

Hey Melanie - I know Dr. A says infrequently...but I have the NSA ice cream all the time. Well, not all the time, but definately not "infrequently". Dairy Queen's NSA Dilly Bar is absolutely the best one!

Schmoodle
08-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Sunday night I went out and had WAY too much alcohol. I had a 301 blue, a pitcher of coors light, 1/2 a vodka cranberry, a shot of flavored vodka, a long island iced tea. Then stopped for drunk food on the way home...a buffalo chicken wrap and a rice krispy treat.

Wow, did you hurl?

Cashews. Dairy Queen's NSA Dilly Bar is absolutely the best one!

Did not need to know about this!

CyndiM
08-28-2008, 08:15 AM
My problem is quantity not forbidden foods. In the last week I've eaten a bag of apples, 1.5 bags of sf dove things, a batch of lentil crunchies... I'm sure there's other stuff. Those were all snacks! I'm slipping into evening over-snacking mode and need to get a grip on that again. I'm pretty sure that just because I'm making better choices it's still not a good thing :)

pamatga
08-28-2008, 08:18 AM
I have SBD burned into my psyche but ...... I have had regular fat since I have been here caring for my Dad and visiting Mom in the nursing home. The biggest surprise? I rarely have any cravings. I really mean rarely as in I am trying to think of the last time when I had one. It really makes me wonder how much of eating low fat has contributed to me not feeling satisfied and therefore wanting to reach for something "extra". This has been a real eye-opener.

So, I am following SBD but since I am not as able to get a lot of the low fat foods that I was back home, I have had to "make do" with the full fat. No cravings, no compulsive overeating, nothing.

Explain that!:?:

Schmoodle
08-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi pamatga! Just this morning I was wondering how you were doing.
I think you're right about the fats, as long as they are the right kind of fats. I don't think eating fat is directly related to cravings in the way it impacts your blood sugar levels like refined carbs do. But I think fat is important in keeping you satisfied and not wanting to snack as much. I made the mistake of thinking lower fat is better for a while and frequently not using my alloted daily fat servings, and I think that caused me to not feel satisfied as long, and to want to snack more, not necessarily on sweets or carbs, just anything. I make an effort now to use my alloted fats, salad dressing at lunch, etc., and I think it's working better. But I think the issue with eating saturated fats is a health one, not cravings. It all comes down to SB not being a lowfat plan, but a healthy fat plan. I wouldn't expect overeating fats to cause any cravings, but just to slow the weight loss aspect.
So it depends on if "regular fat" means more unsaturated fat or more saturated fat...
In your situation I think you just have to do the best you can, and in any case you have conducted an interesting experiment and can apply the results to your eating when things get back to "normal".
Good to see you around, how is everything?

rdw1
08-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB

Wow, did you hurl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB
Cashews. Dairy Queen's NSA Dilly Bar is absolutely the best one!

Did not need to know about this!

Me either!!!! I just woke up and now I am craving a dilly bar!!!!! ugh!

Pacergal29
08-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Oh I had a run in with mac & cheese lastnight, I KNOW BETTER!

ladybugnessa
08-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Food sins: sushi yesterday LOTS OF IT
spending money I should not at weight watchers last night (got a points counter gizmo)

Loriann7
08-28-2008, 09:53 AM
I haven't been eating... which I'm told is worse than eating the wrong stuff!

Thin4Good
08-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Are you on phase I or II? Because if you are on phase II, you might not be in violation that bad. :D But I have noticed that alcohol is affecting me differently now too! And congrats on making it to onederland...

Thank you!!

Fat Melanie
08-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Cashews. LOTS of 'em. Absolutely addicted. But, I figure, I'm still losing weight, so that's my new addiction.

Hey Melanie - I know Dr. A says infrequently...but I have the NSA ice cream all the time. Well, not all the time, but definately not "infrequently". Dairy Queen's NSA Dilly Bar is absolutely the best one!

WHAAAT??? Dairy Queen has NSA icecream??! My bf is a b@stard, heeeeh! The other week he got me one of those insanely delicious and INSANELY addictive mocha moolattes. I asked him if they had NSA stuff and he told me no! That liar.

Thanks for telling me, Twynnb. If we do happen to stop at Dairy Queen, and I'm tempted to eat something naughty, at least I am aware now that they do have a NSA bar, (which I will get, so that I don't tempt myself with the moolattes.)

Hmm... I wonder if they can do the moolattes sf?

Belle Mer
08-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Ugh, I don't even want to go there.

The sugar monster has finally left the building. August is a hard month for me, and this year was no exception. But it's almost over.....Yay!!

CyndiM
08-29-2008, 08:38 AM
So this month I learned that too much bread, even whole wheat bread, causes me problems. I've been lucky with fruit - I can eat a lot with no problems. Apparently too much bread resets my internal controls though. I've had a week of over-eating and been trying to figure out why. then I remembered all the bread I ate on vacation. Darn. Okay, lesson learned now to get back on track!

Schmoodle
08-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Cyndi, that's interesting. For a long time I was keeping myself at about 1.5 servings each of fruit and grains per day (ave). But my energy level was too low, so I've been upping it to at least 2 servings/day of each, and I notice even when I go to 3 or (rarely) 4 fruits, it doesn't seem to matter, but if I go over 2 grains, I want to eat. How many servings of grains are you doing per day?

Food sins, I didn't feel like messing with dinner last night, so I skipped it, just had evening yogurt and fruit snack, but as a result, I didn't get enough veggies in.

Ruthxxx
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Major sin here. I did not cook the darn salmon fillets once again. I think I may as well give up on fish! I ate too much tabbouleh and then had some crackers with pesto. Not much protein and I sure have bad breath this morning from the garlic and onions!

CyndiM
08-29-2008, 09:30 AM
How many servings of grains are you doing per day?

I had been doing 1-2 servings usually hot cereal in the morning with an occasional scoop of brown rice or Suzie's Thin Cakes during the day. On vacation I ate 4-5 slices of that bread some days. It was fresh, tasty and really easy when camping. Obviously though it was not a good choice. The rest is in the freezer so under control. I'll have to think about this going forward because I was gearing up to make bread once it gets cool. Now I wonder if that might be a bad idea. Unless I freeze it in double servings as soon as it cools down (that's what I do with ww pizza dough).

little chick
08-29-2008, 09:38 AM
I can't even put the list in typing.... but let me confess that it has been bad bad bad.

Sciana
08-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Food sins: I had two light beers last night and a hard lemonade... and got way too drunk! definitely affecting me stronger now too!

femmecreole
08-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Sushi. I have been having sushi about once a week since maintaining. I haven't gained any weight so I will keep letting that be my indulgance.
I also had a cosmo when we went out last night. As long as I don't have any weight gain or cravings, I'm having my sushi!!!!!

kshe78
08-31-2008, 12:48 PM
I had a couple of small slices of pizza yesterday. I did at least order the thin crust, personal size, and with veggies and grilled chicken. But it was full fat cheese, and not whole wheat crust.

cherrycolored
08-31-2008, 10:15 PM
I am in phase one and ordered a greek salad from a local place that delivers. Didn't know it came with GARLIC BREAD. And of course it smelled so good I had to take a giant bite. I chewed, savored for a second and disgustingly spit it down the drain. That's my sad story. :(