Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #142

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #142

ECmom
04-04-2002, 09:52 PM
Welcome to Christian Encouragers! We are a group who will be there for you in encouragement and prayer. Everyone is welcome!

ECmom
04-04-2002, 09:54 PM
Hi!
The last thread was busy......and many of us had difficulty with too much chocolate available! I decided to start a new thread, with the hope that with a new thread will come new strength and focus to eat properly!
Ginny

chick4christ
04-05-2002, 12:33 AM
Hi All! Hope everyone had a great Easter. Our Good Friday service was held at our Pastors house as well as a potluck lunch.It was great. I love it when the teens take part in the scripture readings.I spent Easter afternoon at the clinic getting bandaged up. I sliced my finger on a broken glass.:dizzy: No stitches, the doc was able to put steri-strips on instead. I still had to get a tetenus shot though.:p The bright side is I dont have to do dishes for 10 days. Gotta love it. ;) Well now that the bunnies are eaten we can all get back on track. Have a great weekend everybody!!! :wave:

Zoe
04-05-2002, 08:21 AM
Hello y'all ~ Just popping in for a moment. Greg's niece is here and so I will be scarce for the next week. I will try to come online a few times while she's here but I can't be sure. If not, I'll be here next Thursday. Have a wonderfully blessed week!! :)

doitforme
04-05-2002, 08:27 AM
Hi guys! Thanks Sally, Gary for the encouragement about the lock-in, I am sure I will have a great time. I will get alot of exercise, just need to stay away from those munchies. Ecmom I like your attitude, I feel the same way, don't give up, start over its the only way to succeed. Chick4Christ- Sorry to hear about your finger, but it will be nice to get a break from dishes. Glad to hear your Easter was great. How could it be anything other, when we reflect at what Christ did for us!! :wave: gotta go now, I'll check back later.

345/298/285(by 5/10/02)

wilma12
04-05-2002, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone! I'm home from work today. I have swollen glands, sore throat and plugged ears. On top of that I ache all over. I knew I wouldn't be much good at work. I slept all morning and feel a bit better now. I still find it really hard to swallow so I've only had tea, applesauce and and orange today. I put some chicken broth on to cook so we'll have homemade chicken noodle soup for supper tonight. Good for those nasty colds!

I just wanted to keep in touch with you even though i don't even feel like sitting up right now so off to have a nap now.

Have a good day!

sami
04-06-2002, 07:10 AM
Blessing this morning!
I see great minds think alike Ginny we both started a new thread!
I had to hid the candy around here I couldnt stand it any longer!!!
I am trying to get back on track with drinking the water. I am going to try to get to the point where I dont drink soda and I drink water in its place. Looking back I lost the most and kept it off the longest when I gave up soda and sugar. I know a lot of mine is it is easier to eat out than to fix something and take it.

Wilma-Sorry to hear you are sick. Praying that you feel better soon.

doingitforme-I hope you enjoy your lock in.

Zoe-enjoy your time with your niece

chickforchrist-How is your finger doing? Praying that it heal fast!

Ginny-Thanks for starting a new thread. How is your family doing?

Supasal-Thank you for the web page and great support. I think I am doing better until I see a picture! They took some at work the other day and I cried when I saw myself! When I said tear it up they thought it looked good I was shocked it was me!

EZmoney-Sounds like you had a great time!

De-Your right if I quit I will only get bigger! At least while trying I am only staying where I am at! ( my fathers side the some of the woman are over 400 so I have to be careful because I could see me there!)

Patricia-How is everything at your house? Are the kids better?

Angelcat,Pravda, And all the others My prayers are with you all!

Sami

Doin It Right
04-06-2002, 09:36 AM
Well chicks, I am taking a dose of my own medicine and taking my
eating program one meal at a time today. I plan to also go to a very nice park I don't usually get to, to do my walking today. Other that that I have a lot of laundry to catch up on. So that's it for my Saturday.

Have a Blessed Weekend, De

doitforme
04-06-2002, 02:21 PM
Hi! The lock in was great over all the teens, were boisterous, but good. I got lots of exercise, and was actually too busy too eat, I checked the scale this am and had lost another two pounds, :D
Doingitright, have fun walking in the park, it beats the laundry and walking outside is much nicer than inside. Its finally getting nice enough here where we'll be able to get outside without freezing. Sami good luck with the water, what nice is if you drink that, you don't retain it. Wheremost sodas are loaded with sodium,and increase the amount of retained water. Wilma hope your soon feeling better, Zoe enjoy greg's niece. Have a great weekend!
345/296/285(by 5/10/02

sami
04-07-2002, 06:22 AM
I did it I made it through one whole day and stayed OP and even got my water in! I am praying for another day!!!! I got some sad news Sat that a close friend of mine Father died. She lost her Mother not to long ago. We grew up together and have been close for almost 30 yrs! Keep her and her two brothers in your prayers.

May the Lord Bless you and keep you!
Sami

Gutchie
04-07-2002, 09:06 AM
Just when you are totally out of control, giving up on loosing weight, settling for large, an important PHONE call arrives.
WW's leader, starting up new group beginning this Monday (tomorrow) in nearby town with no sign up fees. How's that for the right timing and the right motivation, Free sign up? DD and myself must take this as the sign it is, and keep on keeping on.
Thus, beginning tomorrow 6:30 p.m. we'll be back with determined WW's. Oh, say a prayer for me I just eat for every dang reason and worse, enjoy it. I look in that mirror and cry. I had lost 25 pounds last October and have regained all but 5 what is wrong with me? All my life I've hated this extra weight, I can loose it, I've certainly done it enough times but to keep it off.
My neice is closing in on 70 pounds gone, she's young, she's succeeding I want to be the next family member looking so good.
Ok, I can't be young again ( would be great knowing what I now know) but I can get healthy! Off we go to WW's.

God Bless each of you.
Hugs from Southern Ontario.

Sister Joanne ( Heading off to Sunday Worship = strength for the week!!!!

doitforme
04-07-2002, 02:09 PM
The old thread is still weaving, just so you know, I had a great morning so far, at Sunday school, church. Gutchie I believe all things happen for a reason, and God will provide all we need. So, I pray all goes better, with your additional support of actual w.w. meetings. God Bless!!!!!!!

pravda
04-08-2002, 11:51 AM
I guess I will start with the good news. I have lost another 7 lbs!!! I am so excited, this is with out even really trying. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!
Now only 120lbs to go.

Bad news- my best friend went into pre term labor yesterday. They had stopped the contractions for a while, but, at 136am this morning she gave birth to a 1lb 5oz baby girl. They said that she is holding her own, but her lungs are underdevloped, and all those other things that go along with a premature baby! The babys name is Callie Renee. She was 5mths and 3wks along. These next 72 hours will tell. They have her hooked up to all the machines, and tubes. I have not seen her yet, I do not even know if they would let me, but my heart breaks for my friend. This is her 2 nd child that was born early. Her other daughter, who just turned 9!!!!!!!, is doing great. She has had 3 misscarriages, and one still birth! She is in her late 30s, and this was her last chance to have another child. I am praying that Callie fights hard and wins this battle. I do not think that my friend could go through another lose like that!
Pray with me about this, please. I have been up all nite praying for her and the baby!
Thanks
Pravda
262/245/125

chick4christ
04-08-2002, 01:23 PM
;) Hi Everyone.I was going to post Friday night to ask for your prayers for my daughters cheerleading competition but I got so busy.Our rehersal was Friday night.We had to be up at 6am Saturday morning so that we could get to the competition and get the girls curlers out of their hair and get them ready for their group pictures.The girls went on just after lunch and they rocked!The judges thought so too.We got 1st place.:DThe senior girls took 3rd place for the team as well as 3rd place for 5-girl stunt team. The place was rockin for the Meadow Ridge Knights!!! WE ARE#1 !!!!! :jig: Now I can relax till football season starts in August.Practices start in July .I coached the JR Bantam girls for the last 2 years.:dizzy:We are cheerleaders for our community minor league football.
My finger is healing altough the strips fell off because I could not keep it from getting wet.It feels very numb near the end of the finger so why does it hurt like **** when I bump it?:cry: Pravda-Weigh to go on your weight loss,and my prayers go out to Callie Renee and her mom.
Joanne-What a sign! Go for it,dont give up. You can do it!!!Phil4:13
Sami-When I think about having to have another glass of water I think of a water filled balloon,squishy and jiggly.:lol: My prayers go out to you and your friend & family.
doitforme- Sounds like you survived the lock-in.I'm glad. Our youth group is doing one and I thought of volunteering.Am I crazy or what?:dizzy:
Wilma-I hope you are feeling better.Swollen glands are NOT fun.
Well I need to get ready for work,got called in to cover for someone. I know I dont post very often but I try to read the posts when they come in.My prayers are with you all. Have a great week.

wilma12
04-08-2002, 03:46 PM
Hi! Thanks so much to all who prayed for me. I'm feeling much better! I'm back at work today and don't even feel too tired. We'll see what happens in a couple of hours.

Needless to say I haven't been walking or eating properly but now that I'm feeling better I'm going back on track again. The time change is going to make it easier for me to get out in the evenings which will give me more walking time.

Chick: Congratulations to you and your daughter. WTG!!

Pravda: You're doing awesome! Keep it up. My prayers are going up for little Callie and her family. Friends of ours had a tiny one like that and she's now a vibrant 12 year old. Another note, my mother was born 70 years ago and weighed 1 1/2 lbs. and she survived by being kept in a cigar box on the woodstove door. Miracles happen!

Gutchie: What an answer to prayer for you! Support where you need it. I'm looking forward to hearing good things from you!

Sami: Great job staying OP! I'm off to a new start too. I'll be praying for you and your friend.

Do it for me: WTG on the weight loss!

De: That's the best way - one day/meal at a time.

To all I've missed - have a great one!

Doin It Right
04-08-2002, 08:16 PM
I too am remembering Callie and Her Family in prayer. And congratulations to all who have lost weight, maintained or exercised.

Please think of me. I am having a really hard time. My dd, I mentioned before she has mono, is still having a very hard time of it. 2 weeks and I think she's feeling worse today then last week. And now I am really concerned about all the school work she is missing. Last week was Easter break but now she should be back at school, but couldn't go today.

I am just getting through the PMS monster, still scheduled to see another doctor about all the problems I am having. Well another really rough week, and I am left +5lbs. I am very discouraged. And to top it all off, I haven't walked since Thursday. I feel really blue.:( ;)

De

ECmom
04-08-2002, 08:51 PM
Hi!
I just wanted to check in and see how everyone was. I will remember all of you in prayer.........gotta go. Dd wants to get on.
Maybe I will get on later, I hope!
Ginny

ECmom
04-08-2002, 10:43 PM
Hi!
Just a quick check in.
De- I will keep you and Dd in prayer. It is so hard when a child is ill. Try to get even a 10 minute walk in.......it will help your outlook on things and help the PMS too.

Wilma- so glad that you are feeling better!!!! I hope that the time change works for you and that you can get out and walk.
Go slowly until you have your strenght back.

Chick- congrats on the cheerleading squad! It is great to hear good news and hard work paying off.

Pravda- wonderful news about your weight loss!!!!! I will keep little Callie and your friend in prayer..... How hard it is to go thru that. I have a similar story- had 3 misses between Ds and Dd. And we almost lost Dd during birth..........she spent some time in an neonatal unit. Praise God she is just fine now. Anyway- trust, trust, trust in the Lord on this. His will be done here. And I will pray for this family for peace, healing and grace.

Joanne- please look in the mirror and ignore the lies that the Devil wants you to see. The Lord loves you just as you are (so do we!). Do not beat yourself up. Pray for wisdom and His strength to carry you thru this. Hope that WW works for you!

Doit- glad that the lock in went so well.
Sami- WTG on your good day!!!!!!

Forgive me for being so short here. I am tired..........
Please lift up Ds in prayer. He is struggling with school work- hates me for attempting to interfere with him (thinks it is not my business what his grades are). He is also going on a class trip to Washington DC for 3 days. Might I be so bold to ask for prayer that maybe, just maybe he will appreciate his family a bit while he is gone?
Thanks for listening my friends.
Have a blessed nite.
Ginny

doitforme
04-09-2002, 10:24 AM
What a beautiful morning it is! Sorry to hear about your friend's baby, pravda, and De with all the sickness, and trouble, in your family. i lifted both of these up in prayer, I trust His will be done. Pravda, great job, 7 lbs. Chick4Christ nice job at cheerleading
comp. I think you should do your lock-in, it is really alot of fun. It also opens up opportunities to share our Savior, with a kid, that doesn't know him. I again think you all for your encouragement.
Glad to hear your feeling better Wilma. I will add your son to my prayer list as well ec mom, that He will realize that family is important, and appreciate you all a little more. EZmoney where are you, you disappeared.. I pray all is well!! Gotta go. :wave:

Gutchie
04-09-2002, 03:18 PM
1st. WW's meeting again!
Well, the good news was, I hadn't gained all I'd lost back.
All, but 2 pounds of it though. Dd fared better than I, had only gained back 5 pounds. We start anew.

I begin now at 196 lbs.
Aiming for at least 150 lbs

Of course I watched the Celine special and an unrealistic aim of her weight jumps into my head. (devil back off)
I love Ginny for putting my mirror into a different perspective for me. Thanks!

We've had some rain here in Southern Ontario one can almost hear the grass growing. We're really looking forward to warmer temperatures and the drying up of some mud.
Spring is nice but bring on summer. Oh my, the thought of bathing suit weather isn't for me just yet, a few pounds from now maybe. So many new cute styles out there but those prices. I hate spending that kind of cash on something not worn that often.

Ds has just started his 10 week swimming course for his Bronze badge, taking his mind off the desire to get his beginners driving license. ( Mom here can wait for that next step a while longer).

My prayers go out to each of you and yours.
Take care.
My weigh-in now Monday evenings keep me in your prayers.

Sister Joanne

sami
04-09-2002, 04:10 PM
Blessing to all!
Thank you for prayers for my MIL her surgery went well and is expected a full recovery. I went to the DR yesterday and it doesn't look good. He has put me on a strick diet no sugar or salt. The drugs are not working to keep my blood pressure down (I have been on a lot of them) And my fasting Blood sugar is bad but my blood sugars keep bottoming out. He is running a lot of tests for an underlying cause.

Ginny-I have a child who can't keep up. She can do the work at her pace but she doesn't keep up with the class. They become angry at everyone to hide the fact they feel dumb. Mine complains and we have learned that is her way of not facing her homework. I will keep you in prayer.

Wilma-So glad you are feeling better. The flu is going around here to. I have 4 kids home with strep!

Chick-Great job on the cheerleading compotition! Glad your finger is doing better.

Pravda-I am praying for little Callie. Keep us updated on her progress. Way to go on the weight loss.

Gutchie-I have been where you are for over a year. And there is nothing wrong with accepting yourself. But for me now my healt in in great risk. (my father died at the age of 47) I now I keep thinking why do I wait until it comes down to this to do anything? I know so many people who have done great on WW and kept it off! I will be praying for you.

DE-Mono can take awhile to go away. I was 13 and I was soooo sick and 8 months latter I still was so weak my Mom took me to a diffrent Dr. and they found that from being sick so long my tonsills had become rotten and were sending toxins through my body. I had them out and then I was well. I guess what I saying is if she isn't getting better there could be other reasons. I will be praying for her.

God bless you,
Sami

pravda
04-09-2002, 06:24 PM
Thanks for all your prayers for this specail little girl. She made it thru her 1st 24hrs with no bad changes, they are getting her off the oxygen, her blood pressure is stable, all the important vital signs are in the black.....however....she has a headbleed, which is where the a blodd vessel in the head burst and is bleeding on the brain, for all you,like me, didnt know what that meant. They said it is a grade3 which the worst you can have. They will not know that effects on her until she is older and will have to drain that blood sometime. So we are praying that she has no mental reatardation, or anything like that nature, but again, we will not know unitl she is a little older.
My friend is strong, she is holding firm in the belief that she will be able to bring home her DD healthy. I know that the head bleed is a factor, but she is so strong about this. She gets to go home today, so that is good that she can rest and recupe.
pray that they will be able to heal as a family, and this sweet baby will come home with out much effects from the head bleed.
I got to see her last night, I was honored that they allowed me to see her. She is beautiful, even with those machines hooked up to her. I could not help but wonder what miricles God has instore for this child and her family. It is amazing that she is even alive. She is so small, yet all her fingers, toes, eyes,ears are perfect, God is amazing! She has a long road ahead of her, but I know that no matter what happens to her, good or bad, I she has been a small blessing in my life.

Anyway, I must get back to work.
Thanks for all the prayers.
Pravda

EZMONEY
04-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Hi ladies-- Just a quick note before I head off to do my laundry in the garage--by the gym room which I won't touch tonight--LAZY!! wife is at softball practice for step-D [back from her trip to Europe with her dad] I have not been home much in the last week.
I just want you to ALL know that I have read your posts and I have taken ALL of you into my prayer list for your concerns. Especially little Callie and her family. As most of us know because we have children-- nothing hurts the heart more than to see a child suffering and not being able to help-- ALL we can do sometimes is pray and trust our Good LORD with the outcome.
Sue, thanks for checking in and asking about me-- it is nice to be remembered-- even if we cant always post like we wish or place individual comments for each because of time concerns.
Son has injury to ankle so he may be out of the rest of his track season--we will know by Thursday--daughter played real well in a losing effort with her tennis this last Sat. and Sun. sorry no church with the time change here in California--we set our clocks back an hour for daylight savings time--and a early tennis match--I really miss it when I don't go!! Love you guys-Keep on with your efforts!-Gary

ECmom
04-09-2002, 11:11 PM
Hi!
I have read your posts.......thanks to all who have prayed for me and Ds. Today was better with him- and I had a chat with his teacher.
I need some sleep desparately- so will not respond personally now. I will keep each of you in prayer. See ya tomorrow.
Ginny

sami
04-10-2002, 08:21 AM
I just have a min and want to report I have had 3 great days! The coke and sugar withdraws are getting better and I have made my water goal everday! And yesterday My bloodpressure was a lot better! The kids get to go back to school today!!!!!

Ezmoney-Praying that your DS ankle is better.

Pravda-I am so happy to hear that callie has made it past her 1st day. My B-I-L sister had a baby that was that was under 2 lbs and was 22 weeks and I got to see her she was the size of barbie! She is now 17 and has no health issues. I will keep on praying for her.

Ginny-I am praying for you!!!!!

To all others I am lifting you in prayer we have a lot of MI come back you are missed!

Sami

doitforme
04-10-2002, 08:46 AM
I am glad to hear Callie made it through the 1st 24 hours. I will continue in prayer for her, that She not suffer from any side effects from the head bleed. Sami I am glad to here your blood pressure is doing better, e-z will add your sons ankle to the list, Gutchie- Just think you didn't gain it all back and you might have, so stay positive, and go forward. God Bless!!

345/294/285 (by 5/10/02)
I am getting there 9 pounds till 1st goal!!Yeah!!

angelwings
04-10-2002, 09:17 PM
I'm glad that we can all share this time of thoughts and responses. We all have a goal and we all have special needs. I have learned after 50 years that I eat for relief which unfortunetly lasts only as long as the last bite. I can carry these thoughts and this weight permenately or I can lose this chain with help from friends and strength from my Heavenly Father. Actions speak louder than words and may we all react to our actions permenetly and not just for a day. God bless you.

ECmom
04-11-2002, 07:42 AM
Good morning!
Sami- thanks for your prayers....... and it is so good to hear that you have had some good days and your BP is good. What a wonderful answer to prayer.
Gary- how is Ds's ankle?
Doitforme- keep your focus........only 9# to go! Great. (and keep your eyes on Jesus........good idea for all of us!)
Angelwings- have I greeted you before??? Welcome. I look foward to getting to "know" you better. Seems as though you are a newbie here.:)
I have another busy day here. Have to go into work. These weeks are challenging- I am training for my new job and still functioning in my old one. Plus softball season keeps us hopping!
Gotta go.
Have a great day.
Ginny

(lots of MIA's out there.........Wilma, Zoe,Patricia to name a few and I know that I missed many. We miss you!)

wilma12
04-11-2002, 11:28 AM
Hi all! I'm still here! I'm still fighting this virus and it doesn't want to leave. The cold symptoms are all but gone but I still have no energy to do anything. I sure hope it doesn't last too long. If I do too much I end up back at the beginning again. So, for now I'm taking it slow and easy. I'll do a bit of work and then take a rest. I feel really useless when I'm like this.

On the up side, though, I am getting a lot done on my quilt! I spend most evenings working on it. I'll have to put it away for the summer soon so the more I get done on it the better.

Well, I should go. Even though I haven't posted much, you are all in my thoughts and prayers each day. How is little Callie doing?

Have a great day!

ECmom
04-11-2002, 10:17 PM
Hi!
Wilma- gee I am sorry that you are not feeling better! Sounds like you are getting the rest that you need. It is unfortunate that this bug is hanging on for so long. Good news that you are getting so much quilting done! (I love to sew). Has this kept you out of work at all?
I am off to get some sleep. Rest well, my friends.
Ginny