General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

Smile TaxiCab Confessionals

Ok not sure what to make of this so I thought I would share:

Last night on my way home from my running class (go me!) I was walking the 15 blocks home when a cab pulled up to a red light. I was just about to cross when he stuck his head out of his window and called to me "hey I like your legs!" I turned (in the middle of the cross walk stunned) and said "um thanks"
and quickly walked away.. it wasn't like the stereotype of walking past a construction site or the leering grossness of random homeless people making comments but kind nice and appreciative-- the rest of the way home I was like did that just happen? really a stranger said these things?? I felt violated, weird, elated all at one time....

I have to admit I am floating on air today and wearing a cute skirt I haven't worn in forever! who knew the words of a stranger could make you feel this way? this ever happened to to anyone else? I have had the opposite happen as well but this, this is new
crownshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I love random compliments! Sometimes they can make a world of difference. I remember last year when I was in a total life slum and fed up with myself and my weight a man on the bus out of the blue said ' You know you're really beautiful' and I was thrilled. I seriously thought the weight had turned me into a troll - but it just shows you!

Way to go on having awesome legs girl
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I was having a really bad day, boss was in a "mood" I was in a "mood" stuff kept going wrong; it was awful! I left work and went to Kroger. Still grumbling in my head, I passed a man that looked at me and said "You are so beautiful". I looked at him and thought "f*ck off" because I really didn't feel beautiful. To my horror his expression changed to one of shock and disgust. Turns out I didn't just think those words, I said them. I immediately apologized, told him I'd had a bad day which didn't make anything any better. I ended up feeling even worse after the compliment than before because I hurt that poor strangers feelings.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:28 PM   #4  
Fancy Shmancy bo Bancy

S/C/G: 168/115/110 Now: 129/129/105

Height: 5'2"

I know just what you mean when it comes to the whole violated yet delighted feeling. I've been hit on twice in the last week, which is DEFINITELY something new for me.

The first time was when I had just gotten my hair cut, and I was walking into a gas station to pay. There were two 60-ish year old men (yeah, GROSS) that whistled and started saying "Come here, girl, I wanna talk to you, come on.." I just walked past without responding, because what the heck are you going to do?? Give them a hug? Yeah right. They got pissed off, and started saying "What, you too good for a black man? Not gonna talk to a black man, huh?" It was such a load of crap.

But it still felt good to be noticed. lol.

Then this morning walking to my car, a guy in an el camino slowed down and yelled "YEAHHH, girl!" then drove off. That one wasn't so bad.
RedPorcupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #5  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I was at Tim Horton's one morning before work to get my usual cup of coffee. There was a guy sitting there I wanted to talk to, who I was interested in, so I was looking in my mirror to make sure I looked alright. This other guy behind me in line said, "you don't need to be looking in the mirror, you're beautiful!" I thought that was sweet. I don't know who he was, but we made a little bit of small talk for a couple of minutes. In retrospect, I should have paid more attention to this guy instead of the one I was after...he seemed nicer and more mature. But, alas, that is my problem...I always go for the jerks.

Last edited by Ookpik; 08-27-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I like random compliments...as long as they are nice. In other words..don't like those yuckie gross oogling type compliments that are demining. But a compliment on my legs, eyes etc...it definately makes my day (: I think there are a lot of people who are not comfortable with compliments...but i htink if the compliment is not meant in a demeaning manner, we should tell that person thanks and enjoy the moment.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #7  
carinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownshape View Post
I felt violated, weird, elated all at one time....
I know exactly what you mean. In one way you want to say how dare they look at you as a piece of meat, but at the same time you feel like a million bucks for the compliment. His was innocent enough, so I'd go with the latter. Enjoy!
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote