Old 08-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 216.2/209/160

Height: 5'8

Default Has Anyone Experienced This?

I Started Induction Aug 4th And Was Doing Great - Lost About 8lbs In 3 Weeks But On Sunday I "cheated" And Ate Pizza, Fried Calamari, And A Piece Of Cake At A Birthday Party.

Yesterday Morning I Got Back On Track And Am Back On My Way But All Day Yesterday And Last Night I Felt Extremely Bloated And My Insides Felts Sore And Bruised. When I Press Down On My Stomach It Literally Felt Like I Had Been Kicked. Do You Think This Has Anything To Do With Eating Carbs? Has Anyone Had This Happen To Them?

Also, This Might Be Tmi, But I Haven't Gone To The Bathroom Since Then (sunday) So Now I'm Worried I Clogged Myself With Carbs Or Something. Lol - Sounds Silly.
FastLanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I can't say I've ever experienced the extreme bloating or the feeling of my insides feeling sore or bruised. Since I've been on Atkins, I've over-indulged in allowed foods at times but, I've never touched no-no foods so, I can't say how I would feel if I did.

As for the constipation issue, its common on low carb diets. You need to be making sure you are eating plenty of veggies & salad from the acceptable foods list: http://www.veronicaatkinsfoundation.org/lifestyle.htm If you're doing Induction, 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salad. It is also important to drink plenty of water which help keep things moving

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #3  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

I have not experienced that but your symptoms are of constipation. Take some over the counter stuff and make sure you are drinking lots of water.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 336/294/165

Height: 5.5

When I first went on Atkins I had pain in my rib area. Like you said, it was like i was punched. It went away in about 2 days. I think it's just your body detoxing. Some times you get flu like symptoms the first few days and since you cheated you are starting the detoxing over again. I wouldn't worry unless it progresses.
uhaveaprettyface is offline   Reply With Quote