Old 08-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default 30 Something Chat Tues. Aug 26th

My first thread starting... I think I'm gonna cry... {{{giggle}}}

Morning all... off to work! Hope yo all have a splendid day!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Good morning!!

Valerie, I purposely waited for you to start it...haha. I got in my 2 miles (hadn't done it since last WEd..yeesh!), and immediately started cleaning. Almost done except for the vacuuming.

Had a great day at the beach yesterday. It was mostly sunny. Anyone ever been to Spring Lake, NJ? Only a little over an hour from us, so a great day trip. Think I will take the kids a lot more next summer.

Lauren, my g-parents live in MASS. I took 287 N to the Thruway...thought maybe you lived somewhere near 287...maybe not??

Kerri, good to see you again. Looks like you moved since we saw you last!!

Have to go to the GYN today, tonight I'm going to see Heart, Journey, and Cheap Trick (the last one I don't really care about). LOVE Heart and Journey, and I've heard the new singer on Youtube..he sounds just like Steve Perry. Going with some girlfriends, should be lots of fun.

Well, back to cleaning, then to take a shower. Hope everyone has a super day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning Chicks,

Whew, who would have thought that pretending to play tennis could be a workout? LOL. DH and I were having a blast last night playing each other. I beat him some too, so that made it even more fun for me. I never beat him IRL.

Joan: DH is doing great in the new job. Thanks for asking. He works from home and that has been interesting. He eats breakfast and lunch with us which we were not used to. And the commute is a breeze for him, he just walks up the stairs.

Poppy: That must explain it! I only have the one old enough for school. I'm nervous and excited about the first day of school.

Trish: I know what you mean about living out in the middle of no where. I grew up out in the sticks in TX, our nearest neighbor was a mile away. The closest towns (and small towns at that) were 8 and 12 miles away. I hope your DD's leg is better soon.

Kerri: I'm sorry to hear about your DH. I hope he is better soon.

Miller: Thanks for the PSA. I'm having probs too, just waiting for the insurance cards to make an appt. It sucks having Aunt Flo here continuously.

Pear: I listen to audiobooks and podcasts mostly. We also have our entire music library on it, so I can listen to whatever I want. It's fun to put it on shuffle in the car on a long trip and just see what comes up.

Alright, the kids want to play so I gotta go. Have a great day chicks.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 272/267/165

Height: 5'6

Goodmorning everyone,
I am very new to this and don't know where to begin
i just started a diet yesterday and i need some motivation....
what is threading?
stodo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #5  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello Ladies

Today is a leasure day again... going to the gym in a bit, maybe to the park and then home for lunch. Do some wash, load up the dishwasher... ahh the joys of saying it is a leasure day when infact it is a go-go-go kind of day.

Poppyseeds--- Hope you have a Splendid day yourself!

pmasci--- Glad you had a nice day at the beach. Enjoy the concert tonight, sound slike a lot of fun.

KarenK--- Ah, I see. We are in the midst of uploading all the cds on one and keeping it in the car, lots less clutter.
Glad Tennis went well to... Yee-Haw on beating DH too.

Well off to finish my coffee and get ready for the gym...

Last edited by PearFreak; 08-26-2008 at 09:30 AM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Yeah for Valerie. How's working going this week? It's always rough going back after vacation. BTW, are you still thinking about getting a new job once school starts?

Pam ~ you're bringing back memories ... Heart/Journey/Cheap Trick... sounds like a good time ~ enjoy!!

Karen ~ that is great that DH can work from home. Sure saves on gas! You know what my kids love more than anything is creating those little "mii's" on the Wii. They're created loads of the little people so I never know who they heck I'm playing.

Welcome stodo! Threading just means starting off each day with a whole new caption/posts. Some forums keep adding to the thread but we start each morning with a brand new one.

Pear ~ I like you. You always sound incredibly laid back. Am I right?

Kerri ~ I've thought of you so many times during the last few months. Wondering where you were and how you were doing? You had such a great job here. Were you able to find a new job already in AZ? Continue to keep us posted ~ we missed you.

DH and I stayed up way too late last night drinking wine out on our patio and I slept in this a.m. I'd decided to walk the kids to school and then take off on my own for a two mile walk. Another mom saw me walking and asked if she could join me. Normally, I'd be fine with that but I was in such a hurry getting everyone ready that I hadn't even brushed my teeth yet. This woman is a power walker and she was kicking my butt. I finally had to say that I was turning back and she says, "great, I'll go with you!" By the time that we got back to my front door, the sweat was pouring off of me. Now that I have some water in me I feel great though. I had my Ipod all charged up and was looking forward to listening to some tunes, along with my own thoughts. So, I'm curious... do most of you prefer to walk by yourself or with someone else? I felt like I had to be slowing her down this morning.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #7  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon ladies!!!

Joan, sometimes its nice to have someone to walk with, makes the time go by faster. Last year when I tried having a walkin buddy, it never worked out. Plus I'm a really slow walker myself.

Pam, have fun tonight! My mom's DH was just in NJ this weekend and he went to a Motley Crue concert. I find it hilarious but my mom thinks he's nuts.

Karen, did your DH find work? If you already said sorry that I missed it.

Stodo, welcome!

Hey there poppy and pear freak!

I just got home and this time feels like I was gone for ever. Plus I had coffee with caffiene this am and I don't feel so geat about it, lol.

Hope eveyone else is having a great day!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!

Pam I hear you, some times its nice to walk alone and be with yourself and your own music and thoughts, that's what I like to do when I do walk (hardly ever) because the rest of the day I am on the phone talking to someone or having lunch with a friend or ...... so that is my preference but every once in a while I like to walk w/someone.
I love nights like you had, w/DH just relaxing and enjoying each other.

Alicia are you back to work? how are you feeling? I didn't ask cause I was not around how was your appointment with the dermatologist

Pear great motivation!!! I hope you enjoy the gym. Get a great workout

Stodo you are in the right place this is the place you are going to love it!

milleradah you are so right you can't put things off

Kerri how good to see you, when did you move to Arizona? I am so glad you are back w/DH that is the best thing. It was so difficult for you to be away from him and vs. and your living arrangements were difficult too. I am very happy to see you!!!

Karen I LOVE Las Vegas, I can come here any time I absolutely LOVE It! the food is great, the shows are spectacular, tonight we are going to see the Phantom and tomorrow night we are going to see O I am trying to talk DH into going to see another show, I want to see KA, Love and another show that is not part of Cirque de Solel it is called Ice. we'll see!

Trish i am glad the Dr.'s appointment went well. It is good to be able to drive a little farther if that's where the doctor you feel comfortable with is there!

I got to run, DH is rushing me to get ready, we are going to take DS to Cicus Circu. See you guys tomorrow!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:28 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey All!

Looks like I've got some reading to do!

Pam, I do live right off 287! Not sure what the exit number is, but the retaining wall next to my house is for 287. I think it's exit 37, or something like that. LOL, I just know, I don't look at the numbers.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #10  

Pam... I didn't do any walking or exercise (scheduled) since last monday. I walked a ton on vacation but not my normal exercise routines. Where are yo seeing the concert? I'm asking because I saw the marquee at Hershey Park that Journey and Cheap Trick were going to be there soon but I can't remember the dates. I've heard Spring Lake is awesome but I've ever been there.

Joan... The job... UGH!!!! Actually I decided to go full time there (can you believe that one?) so I asked and haven't heard back yet. I still hate it but I've put out a lot of resumes and can't find squat. I've got a pretty good resume too but nobody is calling. The economy is so bad right now. I will let you know what my boss says. The little guy hasn't been so bad but I still would rather be someplace else. Also, sounds like your walker buddy was just lonely. I like to walk alone (I did tonight) and I also like to walk with people... Just depends on the day I guess. Next time you want to be alone, wear your iPod and pretend you don't see her. Then if she says something, tell her you weren't wearing your glasses!! Works every time!!! LOL

Stodo... WELCOME!!!! This is a thread... Then inside the threads are posts. You made a post on a thread. If you're new to this, you're doing great! You will find lots of motivation here. We're not always 100% perfect, but we pick ourselves up, brush ourselves off and keep going!! Also, you should try sparkpeople.com It's an awesome site to help you along with your new healthy lifestyle. Food and fitness trackers, articles and tons of motivational members!! Try it! PS - It's free!! See my link to my sparkpeople page in my signature below.

Nite chickies!!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 08-26-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Oops, sorry Karen, I see you already answered my Q. My DH works from home alot and I won't comment about it, lol.

Hanna, sounds like you're having blast! My DR appt went good and all the tests came back good, thanks for asking.

So, I finally went to the gym today. I worked out for 40mins on the treadmill and the elliptical. I felt like Gumby when I was through.

Valerie, where was your vacation?

Hope everyone has a great night. BTW, we are getting awful weather.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #12  

Lois... We went on some day trips last week. The shore and Hershey Park, both of which were a blast! The rest of the time, we went to my son's golf matches (he made the school JV team!!) and just hung around the house. It was sooooo nice!!! Thanks for asking!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Good night all....nothing's changed...still a night owl.

Well, quick synopsis. I moved back to AZ at the beginning of June. My living situation was awful and DH was not doing well. He had passed out on the throne and hit his head. Then he had to go to the ER for something else a couple of weeks later. I was worried about him being alone. So, I moved back to just north of ****. I am sooo jealous of all of you preparing for winter.

Now, my stepdaughter is living with us. She moved in about 4 weeks ago. It's been very difficult, but getting better every day. She and DH met for the first time ever this past February (looooooooong story). She's 15 (will be 16 in November). Unfortunately, she has been passed along in school and can only read at about a 3rd grade level and can only do math at about a 4th-5th grade level. She is in 9th grade. So, we are trying to give her what her mother couldn't: structure, discipline and an education. I'm not trying to blame everything on the mother; it's not all her fault. Dh and I are trying to pick up the pieces and help her become a young woman. It's like breaking a wild horse. Oh so tiring. More to come on the saga.

Joan, I called my old boss at CVS and got a job immediately. Luckily there is still a huge pharmacist shortage.

Well, I look forward to getting to know all of the "new" people (new to me).

Good night (or morning)

Have a great Wednesday!!!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote