South Beach Diet - Tuesday Twitterings

View Full Version : Tuesday Twitterings

cottagebythesea
08-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Dawn is breaking on a clear, cool morning. I'm going to run over to Cindy's early so I can watch the girls get on the school bus for the first time. :) Maggie will be getting home again at noon, but Audrey won't be getting home until almost 4. They're eager and ready to go back, and it will be nice to get back on a regular schedule again.
I have to really get myself back on-track again, too. I've been pretty much OP, but eating way too many grains. I bought a loaf of organic whole grain bread that is just out- of- this- world -good, and I haven't been able to leave it alone. I should know better!

So how's everyone's day looking?

CyndiM
08-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Cottage - I had the same experience on vacation. We stopped at the When Pigs Fly bakery and I discovered their freshly baked whole wheat bread. It was so good. Now it's in the freezer so I only take a slice at a time for toast.
Hope all goes well this morning! Do the girls have a full day today?

Same old here. I'm definitely indulging in some stress eating and need to get that under control. I'm also sleepy - some people love the Olympics, I love politics so late night last night.

Have a good day Chicks!

cottagebythesea
08-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Cyndi, good morning! Yep, the girls start off with a regular school day. :) I've been sleepy, too, but I think it's due to the dark mornings. Now that the Olympics are over, I'm back to my regular bedtime of 10pm.

Loriann7
08-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Good morningall.. Perhaps I'll do personals later. Right now I'm SSOO exhausted I could cry! I did finally find a home for "Tucker". The guy cried when he seen Tucker's pic. Turns out he had a black lab he had to put down earlier this year due to cancer. He has a little Chihuahua and watching his sons golden retriever and walks the dogs every morning in the woods and near a pond. He's retired and doesn't mind that Tucker is not potty trained.

He was ecstatic to get him!

But poor Jade, she's been watching the door and out the windows, and looks so sad her "buddy" is not here! I feel so bad for her!

i'm gonna try to sleep somemore.

Belle Mer
08-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Good Morning

Rainy day today. I'm planning to do some housecleaning today.

Have a great day, everyone!

Ruthxxx
08-26-2008, 07:18 AM
Quickie as I have no coffee - milk is sour. :9 I may dash down to the diner for a cup and then leave for Ottawa. Hershey's appointment is 9:30 and she is not pleased to have no breakfast! She just dug up an old grotty nylon bone and is trying to guilt me into giving her kibble.

Not sure how long I'll be in town but will pop in later.

TwynnB
08-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Wow! How'd I get in so early today?

Cottage - enjoy some normalcy!

Cyndi - Ugh. Politics. Ignore it as much as I can!!

Lori - I'm sorry he didn't work out for you, but I'm glad you found a new home for him - and it sounds like a good one. The right pet will come along sometime!

Belle - housecleaning? What's that?

Ruth - no milk??!! Gosh, I've dropped the sugar from my coffee....no milk would be horrid!

Me - looks like another long day. I'm hoping to get a walk in, but it might be after the kiddos go to sleep. Doctor put me on some hormone (horror-mone) pill yesterday to help me out...I'm so afraid it's going to make me eat like a pig and gain some weight back:fr: (never mind the bloating and crabbiness). It's short term, right?! I guess we'll see how it goes....

Have a good day everyone!

Pearlrose
08-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Good morning everyone,

Cottage - that's sweet that you are going to watch them get on the bus.

Cyndi- My DH loves politics, I try not to watch lol

Lori - Sounds like you found the perfect fit for him and hopefully Jade will adjust soon.

Belle - hope you get all your housekeeping done today.

Ruth - Yikes, hope you have a good day

Me - today is wfh day so I am hoping to get some things accomplished and atleast it will be quiet with everyone in school. I am planning on doing some yoga at lunch need to increase my flexibility and strength for back- still giving me some problems. Other than that nothing going on really

TywnnB- Hope that you have a good day and that the hormone meds do not make you gain anything

Have a great day everyone!

ladybugnessa
08-26-2008, 08:04 AM
cottage did you cry at the bus stop?

morning gang...

Schmoodle
08-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Good morning chicks and Matt,
What a crazy morning - we definitely don't have the schedule down yet! Everything was on schedule until DS went to the bus stop and some kid told him he had already missed the bus. So I started throwing on some clothes to drive him and his other friend called and told him the bus was coming, so he ran to catch it and just made it. Then DD1 overslept and was rushing around to get out of the house, so since I was making breakfast for the kids and packing school lunches I made some for her too. DD2 is getting dressed and we need to leave in about 15 minutes, so I think we're all caught up, except I didn't get my shower yet and I am in the same boat as Ruth, no milk, so no coffee! I need to make a run to the creamery today. I also went to grab some blueberrries out of the freezer in the basement and noticed that everything is defrosting in there. Of course it is stuffed full with all the summer freezing I've been doing. Okay, I'll deal with that AFTER DD is gone and I'm showered.

I already expected this to be a crazy busy day, with piano lesson, bookmobile, leotard fitting, and Parks and Recreation Committee meeting tonight. Oh, and there's that pesky 8 hours of work in there too. Come on weekend!

cottage, tears... of joy maybe?
pearl, enjoy your quiet day.
Okay girls, stay away from the bread!
Ruth, have a good trip to the big city.

I'll try to stop in later, have a good one!

AutumnRose
08-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Good morning my Beachy friends! No big news today LOL. Will start integrating phase 2, I am nervous but know it's for baby's best interest. As happy as I am, I am bummed to not continue the weight loss. However, I have to keep in mind that eating healthy and continuing my workouts puts me in a MUCH better place no matter what I weigh... I had a slice of WW toast (ezekial bread, not great honestly lol) with breakfast of eggs and turkey bacon. I will have a wrap for lunch with hummus, lettuce and a hodge podge of left over veggies, then I will head to the store for groceries. Not looking forward to it due to insane amounts of rain today!

COTTAGE - Have a fun day!

CYNDI - I cannot relate, I finally went to bed last night at a decent hour lol

LORIANN- Get some rest hun!

BELLE - when you are done, wanna come over here and clean???

RUTH - good luck today and get some coffee!

Twynn - good luck with everything!

Pearlrose - have fun with your yoga!

Schmoodle - sorry this morning was crazy for you!

weezle
08-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Morning everybody! BRRRR it's cold outside! I'm not ready for fall yet. It's August! Supposed to be hotter than Hades until mid-September, then feel like it does now. Makes me concerned about how long our winter is going to be, since it didn't finally warm up until mid-May....

Little Guy has a fever. Must've come down with it yesterday, and I know it shouldn't be 99.0 first thing in the morning. Joy. More illness in the house, just in time for me to be off work. Chuck-E-Cheese is a germ-factory, I'm convinced. It's a secret government operation. That's what I think.

Well, another orientation today at work. I think I've hired enough NEW new people to replace all the new people I hired and didn't work out. I am feeling a little under the weather myself, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to head home after I put in a few hours with the new guy. Woke up feeling achey and my eyes are both really filmy. That can't be a good thing.

Well, time to start getting ready. Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa

KO
08-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey Ladies
My Mom said when My sis went to school I cried b/c I wanted to go!
Ruth Get thee to a full coffee cup NOW!
Cyn I love it too doesn't matter which side it's fun!!!
Lori I'm glad Tucker has a new home!! Hopefully he'll be Tuck Everlasting there
Belle can you swing by NJ and clean mine too?
Twyn I'm right there with you with the Horrormones!
Morning Pearl and NEssa!
Schmoo You deserve a Medal for this Morning and no not a chocolate wrapped in foil. . .hopefully your day calms a bit!

Last night was Dh's Radio club so I went too I ate crap all day b/c I forgot good snacks and gave into the salt Monster (I have Anemia and really low BP) So today I'm bloated fully armed with an assortment of beachy stuff (and pretzels if the poop hits the fan)
Repeat after me "Kierie. . .Funions are Not a Vegetable" SO I'll raise my flavia double espresso to el dia de debloating!
I'll bbiab!
Kierie
Simulposting
Autumn Stay Dry hon!!
Leezle :) Feel better and take care of you. . .maybe get some Airborne for the germ factory?

GONNABE165
08-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Good morning beachers! another quick post here. Tonite starts bowling. Have a great one

Pacergal29
08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Shew, sounds like everyone has had a busy morning! I've been to the store twice today already, neice spent the night lastnight and I didn't have enough stuff to make lunches for both girls. Then had to go again because the dougnuts weren't ready for my weekly delivery to DH's work.

Nothing like getting down to the wire on my bonus for the month, these lenders are just killing me! Hopefully today is the day I hit 10 closings and I can breath easy the rest of the week.

Too early for visitors in the office and we have had 2 already today, ugh, time for more coffee and getting my arse in gear I guess.

Have a great one! BBL

Schmoodle
08-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Oh God Kierie is he a ham? You have my condolences, I have one of those too.
weezle, my friend calls those ball pits "virus pits". How did we ever survive before Purel?
Steph, good luck on that closing today!
AutumnRose, congrats on your exciting news! There must be something going around this board.

Kim_Star060404
08-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Hey everyone. I just don't have the gumption to post personals this morning. I will be posting a rant in the general chatter about why, but I'm feeling so insulted right now that I'd rather be curled up in bed watching Fred and Ginger. Sigh.

I hope everyone else has a better day than I'm having.

zeffryn
08-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Cottage - Early bird gets the toast?

Cyndi - I fell asleep last night before I could watch! :mad:

Lori - glad you found a good home for your puppy. It's good to know he will be well taken care of.

Belle - Sounds like we're in the same boat all the way around. Rainy, icky, housecleaning day.

Ruth - have a nice trip! Poor Hershey. Animals never understand why they aren't getting fed...

Twynn - what are the hormone pills for? Did I miss something?

Pearl - have a nice day!

Nessa - hi!

Schmoo - I'm just going to wish you a big 'good luck'!

Autumn - With my first pregnancy, I was like "whoohoo! Eat whatever I want"....which is what put me here. Now, I've taken a lot of care in eating healthy foods and watching that I don't eat a million calories per day. I actually lost weight my first trimester (probably due to the fact that I couldn't keep anything down) and I've maintained my weight during my second trimester so far. Dr. says that as long as I'm getting at least 1800-2000 calories a day (the right calories) and exercising, I could very easily only gain 10 pounds during the entire pregnancy because I started out overweight. I walk with my family every night for exercise (and chase my toddler around). Don't be too worried about gaining weight...just try not to gain too much. Your body will move some weight around as well, especially if you exercise. My legs and lower body have gotten much more toned.

Weezle - I always count on my little one getting sick after we go to places like that. I always load him up with vit. c and "defend and resist" complex for the first few days after we get back. It either stops whatever he is getting, or really cuts the severity. Now, if only I had done the same for me....

KO - have fun debloating. My ankles finally went back to normal.

Gonnabe - have a great day!

Pacer - good luck on closing those loans!

Kim - I hope everything is ok! Have a better day, hon.

-- whew! you girls are chatty this morning! --

Like Belle, I don't have much on my plate beyond some simple housecleaning. I need to clean up a few plants that weren't deadheaded for 3 weeks. DH doesn't have to teach until later this afternoon. I'm desperately trying to see a friend of mine and her new baby...but with DS and I sick, it isn't such a good idea.

I'm so sick of peeing all the time. Incontinence was not this bad my first pregnancy...now, every time I laugh, cough, sneeze....

Time to start the daily grind...coffee, breakfast, the works....

Have a fun day, girls!

KO
08-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Kim :hug: we'll kick the arse of whoever insulted you!
Schmoo he and and *deargod* I am too

Barb0522
08-26-2008, 10:48 AM
We had a great troop meeting last night and now have the calendar for the year. Last night was when the patrols elect their patrol leaders. Brian is in a group of first years and has over 10 boys in his patrol. 4 wanted to be patrol leader but it was Brian who was elected. I was so proud last night seeing him talking to the leadership to make sure he knew what needed to be done. He's really growing up.

I'm not feeling too well this morning. I think it's just a sinus headache probably complicated by the fact that today is an ozone red day. I just hope I'm not getting sick. I just don't have time for it.

I'm not sure how Robert is doing. I got an email from a friend who got it from his sister that included a copy of the police report (definitely showed the other driver is at fault) and the email indicated they were doing the surgery late yesterday and wouldn't know anything until tomorrow night. I haven't heard anything from anybody. I tried to call over to the hospital but I don't know the code so they won't tell me anything.

Fat Melanie
08-26-2008, 10:59 AM
CyndiM, I also stayed up for awhile to watch something regarding politics last night. (To prevent breaking the rules, I won't mention who it involved.) I enjoyed it. My grandfather says I am brainwashed.

Loriann, I'm sure that later the man's tears will be of horror as he wakes up and realizes that dog has destroyed the house and left pee and poop piles everywhere. :p Honestly though, I am glad for the man and sorry about his dog.

Schmoodle, I am not a fridge repair-woman or anything, but I had a freezer that would do the same. Usually it was because there was so much stuff in the freezer that it was blocking the vents or something like that. Just a suggestion, I actually have no clue, could be anything.

AutumnRose, one month I gained 8 lbs during my pregnancy with my one and only child (7 months)... they sent me to speak with this nutritionist, who PROBABLY wasn't that much older than me, and was probably about 5'0 and like, 90 lbs. She asked me what sort of things I was eating. I was like, 'meats, veggies, pastas, maybe too much pastas and sauces." She didn't believe it, she was convinced I was eating all sorts of sugary and salty junk food because I started out pregnancy overweight and I started getting high blood pressure. Then she told me to stick to veggies and pastas and lean meat... try not to overdo dairy.. (I'm sure she meant ICE CREAM since I was fat)... which was insane because you were supposed to get lots of dairy in, and I ignored her advice and ate stuff like roasted chicken, skim milk, cheeses, whole grain breads (this was pre sbd!) and etc. I had a good time laughing about it afterward, it was chunky-girl prejudice, I swear. Anyway, your diet sounds good to me, sounds like you're doing well. Don't forget the dairy, it's important!! :p

EDIT: Barb0522, I hope you are able to find out some information soon. Hope everything is okay!!

Me:
The reason why I didn't write personals to everyone today is because yesterday and today, I've just felt down with no energy! I don't mean to say 'depressed', that's not it, I just feel down with no energy whatsoever. I don't understand why. Then again, I like Ruth have run out of coffee. I'm just like, blaaaaah if that's a way to explain it.

I need to get motivated, I have a lot to do today. You know, CATS are some god-awful bad little creatures. They knock over everything and every morning I awake to some new mess... it's like Loriann's situation with Tucker... these cats will not learn to use the litterbox! The kittens, I mean. WHY IS THAT! It's starting to smell like a litterbox in here and I'm horrified. And the landlord's one year inspection is coming up in a week, nevermind the fact that we moved in November, not September. I MUST get this place into order. No BS, no excuses, I'm going to the flylady site.

September 8th, I've got court for an open container ticket. Yeah, yeah, stupid I know. I had ONE night to myself a few months ago and my friends and I got stopped (only my friend and I had ONE open beer each, and the driver did not, I'm not that stupid) and I got a ticket as well as them just for running my BIG mouth to the cop. And I know him. He tries to look badass in front of the other cops. Talked to him in Food Lion the other week and he said if I didn't cop an attitude, I wouldn't have got the ticket! He said he'll try to talk to the D.A. and help get me out of it... I think it's because he likes my mom who works at the jail. Likes likes. My mom exclusively dates black guys now so he's hoping to be one of her boyfriends, but BF is trying to hook her up with my BF's coworker, who is 28 and wants him an older white woman. Well we've got Cuban blood as well, from a few hundreds of years back, don't know if that counts. Isn't my mom a cougar? :D I am so worried that they'll hit me with a crazy fine. I'll pimp Mom out if I have to, to get rid of that ticket, I don't care!

Then I'll change my name to "Pimp Melanie", how's about that? :p

Anyway, that was pretty stupid of me to decide to crack a beer open in a car, although only the owner of the vehicle should have gotten the ticket technically.

So my day outlook is as much: Bleak, boring, blah blah, HOT OUTSIDE, but looks like it will rain, supposedly we have a chance of it.

Loriann7
08-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Mel, They know he's not potty trained, and he only tore apart one shoe, that was all..

I called today and he's doing fine, though he stole his mother's sandwhich from the countertop! OOPS, and resident dogs didn't want to share the toys last night!

Fat Melanie
08-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Heeeh, that's adorable. Hope they do get him trained soon! He sounds perfectly loveable except just needs a bit of training. It's so nice to have a pet similar to an deceased beloved one to fill the void (not take the place of, but fill a void I guess.)

zeffryn
08-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Mel - sometimes the best thing you can do is just get going.....regardless of how you feel. Believe me, there are plenty of mornings that I feel like just staying in bed and letting DS watch cartoons all morning....but I kick myself out of bed and get started on something....once the ball is rolling, it is harder to make excuses to stop it.

Fat Melanie
08-26-2008, 12:10 PM
But I just feel like lying down in bed and reading a boooook... *whiiiinnnnnnne*

I just feel so lazy and unenergetic today. I technically could just lay in bed and read a book, it's not like BF is going to come home and complain about the mess, he never does. He knows better. But it does need to be done. Arggggggghhh.

I think I'm gonna allow myself an hour to read a book, watch DOOL at 1, then at 2... get my @ss moving. That gives me 2 hours to laze about and try to get it out of my system, and then time to get things done, no excuses.

EofAZ
08-26-2008, 12:53 PM
We actually had a rainy day from yesterday afternoon until after I drove into work this morning. Not a storm but just sprinkling out, really a neat day. Typically the only rain we get is associated with storms that blow through during the afternoon. Other then that it is almost always sunny.

Schmoodle -- my heart sunk when I heard you speak about your freezer. I hope everything is ok. We had one of the kids leave the door on ours a crack one summer. It is located out in a storage room off the carport so it went unnoticed until the entire thing was thawed. It was heart breaking; we had it full of meat.

Sounds like there is a virus is getting passed around the country. It always amazes me when both my DD in AZ and my DD in NY come down with the flu at the same time. That happened last week, they were both so sick with pretty much the same thing.

Now all this talk about coffee I think I’m going to go fix myself a cup, let me see do I want Double Dutch Chocolate, Caramel or Cinnamon. Hmmmm, decisions decisions decisions.

choices
08-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Somewhere I saw this recipe for a tofu noodle (I think is spelled Shiratake) I finially found some,after a four store check,and now I'm ready to cookum..all I recall is they have a unpleasant smell,and to wash them first. Would appreciate your help on the cooking...many thanks:hug:Choices~

Barb0522
08-26-2008, 01:10 PM
I finally heard that Robert surgery yesterday took over 10 hours but he is reasonably stable at the moment. He's still on a breathing machine and heavily sedated. It sounds like his sister is on the way down here as soon as her husband can get back from Afghanistan to watch his kid. I am dreading that as she blames me for the divorce and drama always follows her.

KO
08-26-2008, 01:13 PM
:hug: Barb we're here if you need us Robert broguht his own drama!

zeffryn
08-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Cat and Mandy - are you two keeping an eye on Hurricane Gustav? Looks like we might be in for some trouble.

At least Jindal has some allegiance to the state....he said that if Gustav looks like it is going to come this way, he is going to forgo speaking at the RNC in St. Paul and stay in Louisiana.....finally, a governor who cares. ;)

cottagebythesea
08-26-2008, 07:06 PM
cottage did you cry at the bus stop?

morning gang...

I thought I'd be OK, but once they were on the bus and it took off, I looked at Cindy and she looked at me, and we both broke down. The girls were both fine, though, and both of them had a real good first day. :)

Schmoodle, I hope you have good news about your freezer! Wasn't your fridge on the blink a few months ago, too? My freezer is packed to the gills, and I think if it went out on me, I'd have to immediately go buy a new one. Maybe the door just wasn't shut tight enough? :crossed:

Barb, hang in there.

I hope everyone else had a happy and productive day.

Barb0522
08-26-2008, 07:57 PM
I finally got to talk to Michael. He had been at the hospital all night and day today waiting to be able to talk to the doctor. Apparently they put several plates in Robert's pelvis. He also has several plates in his leg and they put plates in for both bones in his wrist and he has two ribs cracked on both sides. They are hoping to take the breathing tube out tomorrow so I'll wait to see if Brian is able to see him then.

Michael said that the reason I was probably not able to get any information is that Robert said on Saturday that he was not allowed to be near me due to the criminal case. That is technically not true. I did tell Michael that if Robert doesn't want me anywhere near there then it would be pretty much impossible for Brian to visit. I imagine that I'll be able to bring him and stay in the waiting room if they let Brian go in alone or else Robert will only be able to see him if Michael or someone is there to bring him in to the room.

I came home from work today sick with a nasty headache and queasy stomach but I really think it may have mostly been stress because I felt better after talking to Michael and feel almost normal now.

rebel
08-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Barb, that sounds awful. I'm so sorry this is happening.

Loriann7
08-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Hugs Barb, hang in there hun!

I'm a little sore... was walking up the walk fiddling with my keys, had the leash for Jade in one hand, and was craddling the notepad I used for grocery list in my arm... my dog was going nuts over a cat out loose and I was trying to fight her, she got in front of me with her leash, I didn't see it (was dark) and tripped me, I fell and scrapped my knee on the corner of the sidewalk (it's edged by a small garden I have)... it sliced open my jeans and I think I need stitches...

zeffryn
08-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Lori! If I could send you virtual stitches, I would. Feel better, hon!