100 lb. Club - Meh. I hate bouncing

View Full Version : Meh. I hate bouncing

Rosinante
08-26-2008, 03:48 AM
Dang. Thought I'd finally broken down to 205, after getting there twice, accidentally, by taking extra diuretic meds, accidentally. Yesterday I was there again. Today I'm 206 again. I know, I know, I know I can't expect anything else - but I don't have to like it!!!!!

Beverlyjoy
08-26-2008, 05:52 AM
It's so hard when you linger around the same weight for a very long time. Hang in there...keep following your plan and the weight will come off.

Try to find validation for healthy living beyond what the scale says. Credit yourself for inches lost, days on plan, days with exercise, etc.

Pandora123a
08-26-2008, 06:29 AM
The worst thing for me is that while I weigh daily, my "official weight tracker weight" is Monday. I eat a little more on the weekends because we go out. So all week I will be down...and then on Monday I have my highest weight of the week! Then on Tuesday...down again!

Oh well, it is trending lower. I tell myself that if I have seen it once it is obtainable. (But you would think the damn scale would be a little more loyal and keep showing those lowest numbers once achieved!)

carinna
08-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Aw, hang in there. :hug:

Rosinante
08-27-2008, 08:26 AM
bounced back down again to 205 today. honest, my graph on fitday looks like a rhythm-gymnast's ribbon! (and that's the only resemblance I will ever have to an Olympian!!)

txsqlchick
08-27-2008, 09:00 AM
bounced back down again to 205 today. honest, my graph on fitday looks like a rhythm-gymnast's ribbon! (and that's the only resemblance I will ever have to an Olympian!!)

So does mine, but the overall trend is still downwards. I try to remember to record my weight every day whether it's up or down. To me just recording the down days is cheating, because then I can't go back and try to find patterns with T.O.M. or certain foods.

I even recorded my Sonic "pig out" (calories around 1700 for the day), down to the 2 mozzarella sticks I ate (2/5ths of a serving) and the ranch dressing that I dipped them in. And the regular order of fries. And the snack-size jumbo popcorn chicken. :D

It seems to me like I can eat pretty much whatever I want as long as I stay under a certain number of calories for the day, and I can include fast food in that. I'm not a big fan of it, but my boyfriend does like Sonic and Taco Bell. I've found that I can pull off a meal at both places and still fit it into my diet, I just have to be careful about what I choose.

Sorry, straying off-topic.

Point is: don't worry about the fluctuations. It's easy to SAY...I do sometimes fret a little about them too. But in the grand scheme of things as long as that fitday weight report chart is trending DOWN, that's all that matters. :carrot:

If you want to see mine from a couple of weeks ago, visit my blog; it's in there somewhere. :D

valpal23
08-27-2008, 02:04 PM
just a rant about bouncing.. I fluctuate like crazy. I can lose 6 pounds of water weight over night. and ALWAYS lose atleast 3 overnight.

Last couple days? I've only lost .4 of a pound overnight. :dizzy: seriously the scale is so not the best way to gauge my success.