South Beach Diet - You know your a sb junkie when...

View Full Version : You know your a sb junkie when...

Loriann7
08-25-2008, 01:57 PM
your low on fresh veggies and your lunch consists of black beans and salsa heated for about a minute and sprinkled with parm cheese! And a side of milk! :)

And last nights dinner was frozen string beans sprinkled with parm cheese, and milk!

ROFL..

ladybugnessa
08-25-2008, 01:58 PM
LOL what about when

a peach and some plain yogurt is a SWEET thing...

Loriann7
08-25-2008, 02:03 PM
or dessert is cottage cheese mixed with dry jello and (sometimes) splenda!

ladybugnessa
08-25-2008, 02:05 PM
try it with NSA apple butter... OMG you think it's a danish... LOL

KO
08-25-2008, 02:05 PM
I got all excited by grilled frozen Veggies ;)

Loriann7
08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Nessa I will!

Or a peanut butter cup means fudgesicles and peanutbutter mixed in! :)

JerseyGirrl
08-25-2008, 02:08 PM
i didn't think i was a SB junkie until I started salivating over Nessa's suggestion to add SF Apple butter to cottage cheese LMAO.

Hi my name is Melissa and I'm a SB junkie.....

ladybugnessa
08-25-2008, 02:11 PM
:lol3:

JerseyGirrl
08-25-2008, 02:11 PM
ohhhh oohhh I got another one! When you find yourself arguing at the supermarket every week with your SO trying to explain the difference between enriched wheat flour and 100 % whole wheat bread...UGGHHH JUST BECAUSE IT'S BROWN DOESN'T MEAN IT'S PURE WHOLE WHEAT!!!!!

grneyedmustang
08-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Breakfast consists of deviled eggs, yogurt, and sauteed spinach. :yikes:

You have 23 different uses for cauliflower, but all involve "making" it into another food (mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, fried rice, etc).

EofAZ
08-25-2008, 07:40 PM
When you open the cupboard and find you have at least one can of every kind of bean known to man.

murphmitch
08-26-2008, 12:22 AM
When you open the cupboard and find you have at least one can of every kind of bean known to man.

I am laughing at this so hard. I do have every kind of bean, I swear. My daughter says I eat weird stuff now!

KO
08-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Murph and A I'm coming to your houses!

I'd also Like to contribute
"when you think of ways to sneak beans into Everything!"
and also Ponder 101 uses for Flax meal

I made a flax quiche crust NUMMMMO
ok now I am going to bed!

cottagebythesea
08-26-2008, 07:16 AM
:lol: This thread is hilarious!

CyndiM
08-26-2008, 07:27 AM
when you spend 90% of your meal planning energy figuring out the vegetables courses.

you realize that shredded cabbage is a great base for everything!

mandyleigh
08-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Holy cow you girls are hysterical!!! So true....so very true....LOL

ladybugnessa
08-26-2008, 08:42 AM
there is always string cheese and hard boiled eggs available at your house.

KO
08-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Nessa Have you been Looking in my Lunch bag?
When 2 words excite you
Broccoli Slaw!

JerseyGirrl
08-26-2008, 01:23 PM
When you know exactly what the abbreviations SF FF RF LF NSA all mean w/o even thinking twice when reading them! My BF refuses to touch our shopping list anymore because it "isn't in english" LMAO!!!

sarahyu
08-26-2008, 01:41 PM
My dh calls SB the bean diet. "Are you on that bean diet again?"

Sarah in MD

grneyedmustang
08-26-2008, 01:44 PM
When you know exactly what the abbreviations SF FF RF LF NSA all mean w/o even thinking twice when reading them! My BF refuses to touch our shopping list anymore because it "isn't in english" LMAO!!!

:rofl:

Loriann7
08-26-2008, 04:36 PM
When your DOG knows what a Chick Pea is!!!!!!

WebRover
08-27-2008, 03:41 AM
you know you're a SB junkie when:

Your produce drawers are full, there's more produce on the regular fridge shelves, and you're not sure you'll make it through the week without having to make a produce run.

Snow peas taste sweet - like candy.

You tote in your lunch bag to work even on the rare occasion you go out to lunch because you still need your breakfast and snacks. They take up more room than most people's lunches!

You've reserved a whole drawer or shelf in the refrigerator at work because you have to have room for snacks, lunch, and condiments.

The produce part of your shopping list takes up 1/3 to 1/2 the length of the list.

Someone says "Black bean brownie" and instead of having an instinctive "Yuck" feeling, you wonder whether it's a different or better recipe than the one you've tried.

Sciana
08-27-2008, 03:55 AM
you get depressed when you're running low on romaine or large leaf lettuce... well at least I do.
(I lost half a head of lettuce because hubby turned the fridge setting colder. it froze and wilted while we were gone this weekend.)

ladybugnessa
08-27-2008, 06:51 AM
You tote in your lunch bag to work even on the rare occasion you go out to lunch because you still need your breakfast and snacks. They take up more room than most people's lunches!

OMG so true. happening today.

i also carry my frozen water with me. I can't drink tap water nor do i like anything but ice cold... so i carry my breakfast, my snacks, my water and assorted other things in a very large trader joes insulated tote.... oy.

EofAZ
08-27-2008, 03:46 PM
When you take along a bag of SBD friendly food as insurance when you visit family or fiends just in case you are there longer then planned or they insist on your staying for dinner.

murphmitch
08-27-2008, 05:09 PM
People think I'm weird to count out 15 almonds... or the little tiny tupperware container in my purse that holds exactly 2 Tbs. of my beloved SBD dressing... or when I went to Olive Garden and picked the pasta out of my minestrone and asked for a separate salad without the house dressing on it.

ladybugnessa
08-27-2008, 05:18 PM
when the only peanut butter you have to stuff the dogs kongs with is natural peanut butter.

Ruthxxx
08-27-2008, 05:25 PM
:rofl: Very true - and my dogs don't seem to like it as much as the other! Please don't judge them!

murphmitch
08-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Please don't judge them!

:lol::lol:

ladybugnessa
08-27-2008, 05:27 PM
:rofl: Very true - and my dogs don't seem to like it as much as the other! Please don't judge them!

:D

SkinnyDogMom
08-28-2008, 01:35 PM
We buy a big jar of whatever "regular" PB is on sale and mark the lid with a sharpie "DOGGY PB". This is to warn visiting family that it might have a double dip with a knife/spoon filling a doggy kong. The "people" PB is in the fridge.

You know you're a SB junkie when you are constantly mentally or out loud adjusting recipes to make them SB friendly.

Loriann7
08-28-2008, 02:09 PM
When you hit the refresh page to Southbeach part of 3fatchicks for replies to posts your following!

ladybugnessa
08-28-2008, 02:14 PM
When you hit the refresh page to Southbeach part of 3fatchicks for replies to posts your following!

ha that's an addiction of a different color!

you know your an SBD addict when you join weight watchers and you count your points based on your SBD food.

(i looked at the WW foods yesterday and they made me gag...)

hmacneil6
08-28-2008, 02:23 PM
OK....my turn....
You know you're a SBD junkie when you have a menu spread sheet that you fill out every week to guarantee that you have planned your meals and snacks and that you are getting enough veggies and beans

WarMaiden
08-28-2008, 02:39 PM
When you feel deprived if you run out of frozen spinach to put in your morning protein shake.

When steel-cut oats, nonfat milk, and cinnamon tastes just exactly sweet enough.

When your husband says, "Let's have a dinner salad tonight, I'm feeling salad-deprived since we only had green beans and broccoli the last two nights."

When you pull 3 or 4 packages of fruits and vegetables out of your lunch cooler, put them on your desk, and beam happily at the bounty of food before you.

When your 7 year old son claims to actually like the broccoli you've just cooked, after months of gagging and whining!

When you have sugar-free vanilla ice cream in the freezer, and natural sugar-free fruit preserves to mix in to make a yummy fruit ice cream, and yet...you...just aren't that interested, because you're not hungry.

When the feeling of having an empty stomach is not all that bad, because your blood sugar is so stable now there's no crashing. So "hunger" doesn't mean desperation to eat.

All this stuff happened to me this past week. And has been happening. It's pretty amazing. Heck, my weight loss is pretty amazing to me, too. It feels like it shouldn't be this easy!

Loriann7
08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
ha that's an addiction of a different color!

I thought so, but hey! Not if your looking for ideas, recipe's, and whatnot! :)

SunshineCA
08-29-2008, 03:28 AM
You know you're a South Beach junkie when...

...you're at a restaurant thinking how they could change their menu to be soooo South Beach friendly.

WebRover
08-29-2008, 10:46 PM
You know you're a SBJ when:

You look at the grape tomatoes you portioned out and say to yourself, there's no way I'll be able to eat all of those. And you're right!

lightfello
08-30-2008, 06:52 PM
you know your an SBD addict when you join weight watchers and you count your points based on your SBD food.

Guess I'm not the only one who does this. All I know is that it works.:smug:

Ruthxxx
08-30-2008, 07:20 PM
......when you make a big roast pork dinner for visitors and forget that they always want potatoes. We did have roasted broccoli and cauliflower, green beans, tomatoes with pesto and a spinach/mushroom/red pepper salad.

Schmoodle
08-30-2008, 07:51 PM
You know you're a SB junkie when you get strange looks from the guy x-raying your carry-on at the airport security because you have it filled with hardboiled eggs, string cheese, nuts, and packs of tuna.

Loriann7
08-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Ruth! I'm coming over for dinner!

Loriann7
09-12-2008, 08:55 AM
When you look in your fridge and think "food aplenty" and your son comes over and looks in your fridge and comments "how do you do it? Not having any food in the house all the time?" :rofl:

ladybugnessa
09-12-2008, 08:57 AM
When you look in your fridge and think "food aplenty" and your son comes over and looks in your fridge and comments "how do you do it? Not having any food in the house all the time?" :rofl:

oh that is funny!

Schmoodle
09-12-2008, 09:02 AM

Me too! I get this from DD1 all the time. "how come there's never anything to eat around here?"

sarahyu
09-12-2008, 11:33 AM
OK....my turn....
You know you're a SBD junkie when you have a menu spread sheet that you fill out every week to guarantee that you have planned your meals and snacks and that you are getting enough veggies and beans

Hey, can I get a copy of your menu spread sheet? That might be helpful for me to plan better.

Sarah in MD

choices
09-12-2008, 07:38 PM
I guess I'm in the club too....today I had a bowl of left over broccoli for breakfast,instead of my usual cottage cheese with tomatoes...;o)

merryalta
09-13-2008, 03:39 PM
..when you just don't understand why the grocery store doesn't have SF & wheat free cookies.

...when you get excited that you have found whole wheat, low sugar, flax seed waffles and are willing to drive across town to buy them.

auemma
09-20-2008, 12:44 AM
I found myself wondering if my mineral makeup foundation had rice flour in it... lmao unless I absorb it through my skin I hardly think it matters - but nethertheless I found myself wondering yesterday

WebRover
09-20-2008, 05:02 AM
...when you realize you've eaten four kinds of beans in the past week and you weren't making a special effort to do it. It "just happened".

SBD Sass
09-20-2008, 08:55 AM
...when you have a copy of your "foods to enjoy" list at home, in your purse and a copy at work. I'm never w/o my lists.

akacutie
09-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I have been laughing out loud ladies at some of these.... :p

This is a great thread!:dizzy:

Loriann7
09-22-2008, 05:20 PM
You know your a SB Junkie when....

Your in the grocery store, have everything on list checked off, look in cart to realize you don't have snack foods so you head to the.....

PRODUCE section of the store!!!!!!!!

When you call your son for "snack" (he's over for the moment) and hand him a broccoli, bacon salad! :)

kittycat40
09-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I enjoy you SB gals!! thanks for the good reads, and menu ideas ;)

SBD Sass
09-22-2008, 08:31 PM
...when you can't stop telling everybody about the South Beach Diet.

Loriann7
09-22-2008, 09:15 PM
When you make Edamame for dinner and dog gets excited, and gets mad you put the rest in the fridge and NOT in her bowl! :rofl:

ladybugnessa
09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
when your idea of a binge is raisin bran and skim milk

Loriann7
10-03-2008, 11:24 AM
When you are ONE person and approach the check out line with fresh lettuce, tomatos, spinach leaf, cukes, mushrooms, peppers, etc... AND 6 bags of frozen veggies and think "do I have enough veggies for the week?"

When you buy natural chunky NSA apple sauce as a sweet treat! ;)

dasmith2
10-03-2008, 07:26 PM
LOL this thread is hilarious

WebRover
10-04-2008, 09:26 AM
When you buy natural chunky NSA apple sauce as a sweet treat! ;)

I'm going to have to look for this. I buy NSA apple sauce. For a special occasion with guests, we bought "regular" chunky applesauce - could not believe how sweet it was. Mixed it 50/50 with smooth NSA and it was still way too sweet.

Loriann7
10-04-2008, 11:46 AM
webrover... I get it in MOtts, only I didn't get chunky this time (didn't pay attention I guess) oh well! But the ONLY kind my son will eat is Motts "natural" nsa, Chunky ;). Kids!

WebRover
10-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Great, I'll look for that.