Nutrition and Labeling - Noodles

View Full Version : Noodles

Spoz
08-25-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm not sure if I'm losing it or not :dizzy:, but has anybody else noticed the calorie increase in noodles? I swear they have almost doubled. May just be unique to the Uk but I'd be interested in seeing if I'm the only one to have noticed this.

Fat Chick B Gone
08-25-2008, 12:38 PM
I eat pasta often (um probably way too often!!). I haven't noticed any changes. 2oz serving is anywhere from 180-210 cals depending on the brand. What are you seeing?

Spoz
08-25-2008, 01:26 PM
I eat pasta often (um probably way too often!!). I haven't noticed any changes. 2oz serving is anywhere from 180-210 cals depending on the brand. What are you seeing?

Well there are very small packets I get that used to be 77ckal which have gone to HALF a pack equalling 230 ckal.

Others which have gone from about 150 to 260. I've noticed on several different brands. In the uk depite them being the same noodles and pasta are marketted differently. havent noticed a difference in pastas.

zenor77
08-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Have the serving sizes gone up? That would be my guess. Either that or perhaps the labels were wrong and they reevaluated.

77 calories worth of pasta would be nothing on a plate. A 2oz serving here in the US has always been 190-220 calories. At least the brands I buy have always been.

BTW, 2oz=approx 60 grams.

Unless, are we talking regular pasta made from semolina flour (the Italian kind) or are we talking a different kind of noodle?

Spoz
08-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Egg noodles... I think you might be right about the serving sizes.

I think serving sizes here are supposed to be 28g. Thanks for stating the obvious, I'll look into that.