100 lb. Club - Menu/Accountability/Daily Planning - Week of August 25 - August 31

Beverlyjoy
08-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Hi...here's a place where you can put your daily plan and/or menu. Want a place for some accountability? Here it is! Come here for a little chat and some extra support.

Beverlyjoy
08-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Hi chicks - I had a good day yesterday - stayed in my calorie range, drank my water, did my stretches, logged my food and meditated - I am so grateful. :) I had a couple pieces of DH's hard candy & counted them in (I wanted more!) - so, I will send those to the office with him today.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends. This is the last of my 'foodie' week. They don't have a menu online - but, I called them and asked if they had anything 'healthy' there to eat. After a long pause - the person said "We can figure something out." At least there's something I can put together! :dizzy:

breakfast - boca bacon, pnb toast, peach
snack - latte
lunch -turkey and lite cheese sandwich, open face, zucchini and parm
snack - ff cottage cheese and pear
snack - lettuce salad with vinegarette before we go out to dinner
dinner - grilled chicken or fish, salad, bread
snack - I'll see how many calories are left

lots of water today
meditation
log food
stretches
PMA

Schmoodle - Good for you and your close tracking lately. I am glad that you have new incite into your daily 'living with food'. :D What a good idea. Did you have the crabs?

Ginger - great job on all that walking, produce and portion control. :) Count in the goodies and carry on.

MJ - how was your weekend? Hope the family didn't drive you crazy. ;) Any good shopping?

Rhonda - how are you feeling? - hope your sinus' are better.:^:

Shout out to sunshine, slashnl, lyn, mollymom and anyone else to that stops by. :)

Have a GREAT day.

mj5
08-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Good Morning! I survived!! Ok, so THAT was a little dramatic! Although dh and I have decided that maybe one overnight night is about our limit....anyway, it was ok. Saturday was great. I started the day with a nice long walk before it got super hot. Then I did some power shopping. I found some great deals--jeans at Old Navy for $12!!! I tried on a nice dark pair and was wearing a shirt that fit (not an old baggy shirt like I had been wearing), when I looked in the mirror, it was hard to believe it was me looking back! Nice ego boost! I know I have a long way to go, but it was nice to think I looked nice--especially in a fitting room mirror!!!! I found some great bargains at other stores too, so I am set for fall.

Saturday I stopped at the store and bought some nice healthy stuff for a salad. After a few snide comments, I actually felt like I had to defend 'why' I wanted to eat healthy, they got over it. Whatever. Like I said, one overnight might be the limit! :)

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you are doing great! Good for you for calling ahead to the restaurant!!!

Ginger--I am sorry to hear about the gym membership issue. Money stuff can be so stressful. Great job on the walking!

Schmoodle--Gret job at the pot luck! Mmm, did you get to have some crabs? Wait, did that sound right?! You know what I mean!!!

Hi to everyone else!!!!

I maintained this week and that's ok. I made the best choices I could this weekend--I didn't have a lot to choose from, unfortunately.....and I allowed myself a couple of glasses of wine.

Now, I can't wait until it gets cool enough to wear my new jeans!

Ok, I really need to get some coffee. Dh and I can go pick up the dogs soon--I have missed them like crazy!!! I haven't seem them since Friday, it's much too quiet around here w/ out them!!!

On a positive note, I got HUGE NSV's from one of dh's BIL's. He kept telling me how great I looked, asked me how I was doing it, after he found out that I exercise he asked what I do and how often--so that was really nice.

Schmoodle
08-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Good morning chicks, just a quick stop by to plan out the day. Busy morning here with work and getting the kids off to the first day of school. The house is so quiet right now, it's fabulous, but I wish I could just go sit on the porch with my coffee and enjoy it! Alas, I've got to earn my keep.
My goal for the week is 7 green days in a row, and to get back to my exercising. I'm sure I can do it.
BeverlyJoy, enjoy dinner tonight and I know you will find something on plan!
mj, glad you got through the weekend okay, you probably really needed those glasses of wine! I tried to order some of those ON jeans online for the kids, but they were out of our sizes by the time I got there. That was a good deal! Glad you found some good stuff and congrats on the NSV.
Yes, my friend brough some crabs, but only a dozen, so just enough to whet my appetite for more! I think I will see if anyone's interested in getting a half bushel this weekend. We had shrimp and lots of veggies and stuff too, so I was on-plan and the kids had fun running around and enjoying the last of summer. I had to drag DS home at 8:15, give him a quick haircut and get him to be on time. He was totally in denial until I woke him this morning, then the depression set in...

so for today:
B: 2 hardboiled eggs, oatmeal bars, coffee with milk
S: faux chick-pea "tuna" salad
L: open-faced BLT, plum
S: latte, fat-free deli ham and cheese rollup
D: Grilled chicken breast, oven "fried" zucchini and eggplant, green salad with goddess dressing
S: my usual yogurt and fruit concoction. I am totally addicted to this now.

Beverlyjoy
08-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Hi chicks! Yesterday I did well - actually, I was under 1200 calories by a few (which isn't that good) But, one day is OK. (I am usually between 1200 - 1550) We went out to supper and I ordered a tomato salad with goat cheese and grilled asparagus. DH wanted to go to the Dairy Queen on the way home. So, I got a child's cone dipped in chocolate (190 calories). It was yummy. I drank my water, did my stretches, meditation, logged my food too.

I am so thrilled to say that I am down two pounds from last week. :) Gosh - I am getting close to my next mini goal of 189.

I got thru my challenging time of food mostly well. :) On to the next challenge. Going out of town for four days soon. I'll take it a day at a time.

Today:
getting my hair colored today
office work
storytelling at a senior center today

meditation
lots of water
log/journal food
stretches
PMA

breakfast - ff cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - turkey and lite cheese sandwich, tomato slices
snack - lite cheese and pear
dinner - blt (boca bacon), green beans, corn
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, fruit, milk

MJ - sounds like a good weekend, really. So glad it went well. Ya know - maintaining after a big weekend away from your food 'comfort zone' is really good progress. Congrats on the NSV. I love dogs too...but, DH doesn't want one - scratch their ears and back from me. :)

Schmoodle - glad you enjoyed your crabs. Yummy. Yep...it's hard to get into the school frame of mind sometimes. Great plan! Carry on. :)

Have a good day, folks.

GirlyGirlSebas
08-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Hi Friends,

I'm back....5 pounds heavier and ready to do this again. Phase 1, here I go! I went grocery shopping yesterday and I have no more excuses.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Schmoodle
08-26-2008, 10:10 AM
We are having a hard time getting into our routine here. DS almost missed his bus this morning...twice! We were on time, but some kid told him the bus had already come so he came back home, then realized and had to run back for it. DD1 got up late for work, so was rushing around like a maniac. Just got DD2 off, she wanted to be early because she is doing the morning announcements this week. In the midst of it all, I did not get my shower, out of milk for coffee, and I noticed that everything in my basement freezer seems to be defrosting. And it is stuffed FULL. Oh, well, we will settle in soon. The rest of the day will be busy as well, work, errands, piano lessons, and committee meeting this evening.

Rhonda, we were wondering where you'd gone! Good to have you back. Back on the beach, I see!
Beverlyjoy, your salad sounds scrumptious! As does the ice cream cone. Entering a new decade is so exciting.

Okay accountability, green day #1 was yesterday, and I even didn't feel the need for my evening snack so I skipped it.
Today:
B: cottage cheese pancake with blueberries, green tea
S: BLT lettuce wrap
L: grilled chicken salad
S: latte, mock tuna salad with triscuits
D: Taco salad
S: Blueberry sundae

mj5
08-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Good Morning! It is gorgeous here today! I am going to take the dogs for a walk as soon as I get home. We are having some work done on our roof and they will probably still be working when I get home, so it will be good to stay away for a little while.

Beverlyjoy--Your dinner and desert last night sounds really yummy! I think you did a great job through your food 'challenge'! Thanks! Keep working on dh...that's what mine did and I finally caved, now I can't imagine not having one! I will do that, and rub their tummy too!

Rhonda--Yea you are back!

Schmoodle--Great job on green day #1!! You'll get back into your routine soon. I hate mornings like that, though. I can't imagine all of that stuff going on...some days I barely get myself out the door!

Have a great op day everyone!

Lyn2007
08-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi guys, it's the great disappearing Lyn!

I love reading your posts because it makes me want to do better, and actually PLAN my days so I can succeed.

MJ - in the past I had people hassling me about not eating desserts. Always pushing cake and crap on me. I found out that if I just tell them I do not LIKE chocolate it works great. When I am eating baked chicken or salad I tell them, "These are my favorite foods, they are so yummy!" That shuts them up and then there is nothing to defend!

I have to get more strict with my eating. I have been treading water all summer (mainly because DH is here but the marriage is over and it stresses me out) and I have GOT to crack down and lose some weight. He is leaving (permanently? not sure since he is being secretive) in about a week and a half and maybe things will get easier for me then, at least emotionally/eating-wise.

momjeeps
08-26-2008, 01:15 PM
OK, I don't really feel like doing this today. But I need to. I do my best if I plan!!!

So...

Coffee - espresso, 1% milk and, choc syrup
Breakfast - 1 c. HBoO, 1% milk
Snack - Nectarine (I think there is one left. If not some other fruit.)
Lunch - Salad w/ salmon and light catalina
Snack - 1 sweet peppers and some cherry tomatoes
Dinner - Something with chicken baked... Some green beans and ??? I'm recipe surfing
Dessert - 1 scoop vanilla ice cream, homemade hot fudge (I'm PMSing so I'm being realisitic)

Beverlyjoy
08-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Afternoon chicks!

Rhonda -I am so glad you posted! Life happens - food happens - weight happens and we carry on. You CAN do this. Good job on getting the right foods in the house!

Schmoodle - Hope your full freezer isn't on the fritz! Those first few days of school are always nuts. Good job on your good day! (a green day is good, right?)

MJ - walking the dogs is great exercise!

Hi to the reappearing Lyn! So glad you posted. So sorry about all the stress with your husband. Limbo is hard, transitions are hard. Take care of yourself and maybe do some deep breathing to help take the edge of the stress.

Momjeeps - glad to you posted your menu - it helps to put it down.

Hope everyone's day is going well!

mj5
08-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi again! I cannot wait to get outside...it is gorgeous here today!

Lyn--So glad to see you back! Wow, that sounds really stressful. I am sorry you are going through that. Good idea w/ the commens from other people about food. I actually think it's funny. Unfortunately, the people making the comments are the ones who should be eating healthier themselves (I think someone asked if that might be the issue and they are exactly right!). I figure, whatever--if they don't like what I am eating, then don't eat it!

momjeeps--Good for you for planning, even when you don't want to!

Beverlyjoy--How did the haircolor turn out? I need to get mine done soon--a more "fall-ish look", but I need to wait and see if the work on our roof stays w/in the estimate or goes over. I am hoping for under, but we'll see!

Did I mention that I bought a couple of new bras this weekend? Not that you really needed to know that, but I did. I feel so much better w/ the 'girls' up where they are supposed to be! ;) I should probably get a couple more and get rid of my old ones.....

Darkblue
08-26-2008, 09:02 PM
*waves at everyone*

Work has been really really crazy lately. We are short 2-3 people on staff and the rest of us are trying to make up for it. I'm so tired when I get home at night that I just want to sleep.

Weight's down three more pounds, though, but it's mainly due to stress and not having time to eat.

Hope you are all doing well! I've been thinking of you.

Lyn2007
08-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Hey Vonavie! Your menu sounds good. Better than mine (hot dogs, UGH!!!!!! what is wrong with me??)

Darkblue, good to see you. Boy if stress made me lose weight I would be the size of a pea right now! But I hope your stress level goes down soon.

I sat down tonight and made myself a list of things I am going to accomplish tomorrow. Today was just a total waste. I sat and vegged out and had a junky dinner. Tomorrow I am going to make tacos for the kids, and I always have a nice big salad with a bit of taco meat on it for my dinner when they have tacos. I enjoy it. So now that I have THAT planned, I think it will be a success. The kids go back to school tomorrow. I hope it all goes okay.

momjeeps
08-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Lyn, thanks! I pretty much stuck to the menu for the day. But I went a little overboard with the hot fudge. I tried though. I made a 1/2 batch. But next time I think I better make a 1/4 or 1/3 batch at most. I could Soooo tell I'm PMSing.

Planning is key for me!

I plan to meet you on a beach somewhere for a mini reward vacation some day Lyn!

Beverlyjoy
08-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi Chicks...I pulled a muscle in my back (or something) It's very painful :( - I headed to the carbs last night in response. I hate the pull food has on my when it comes to stress, pain, etc. I took some meds and am hoping the whole thing will calm down. We are suppose to go out of town this weekend.

today:

take it easy
doctor's appointment (unrelated to above)

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, applesauce, peanut butter toast
lunch - HC dinner
snack - cottage cheese and banana
dinner - 1 /2 turkey sub, veggies
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, raisins, milk

MJ - my hair came out looking great! Speaking of bras and 'the girls'. I need new ones too. My WL have made the girls pretty saggy. The old saying goes - "Ya know you're getting old when you go to touch your toes and your boobs hit the floor first." ;)

Darkblue - it's SO good to see you. Congrats on the weight loss...it's wonderful!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Have a good day everyone.

GirlyGirlSebas
08-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi Friends,

Well, day 1 of Phase 1 was a wash out. I was tired as I got to bed late, the allergy meds are making me feel drug out and I'm stressed out about work as I'm running behind on projects. I allowed myself to turn to the sugar and carbs in attempts to boost my energy levels and thought processes. Unfortunately, it works...not well, but it does help me get through in a pinch. I really need to get disciplined about getting to bed early every night now that the girls are back in school. Hopefully, I can get through a couple of projects today and tomorrow so that I can enjoy my scheduled long weekend. Otherwise, I may need to cancel my vacation day on Friday. :(

Today, I plan on re-starting my C25K program...again! This time is the charm.;)

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

mj5
08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Good Morning!! It's another gorgeous day here...hard to concentrate on work. They didn't finish our roof yesterday, but they will today. I have a headache today, like I said to Rhonda, not sure if it's allergies or if it's my eyes--I am overdue for an eye appt. Could be a combination of both.

darkblue--I hope things settle down for you soon!

Lyn--A plan is a good way to go--hope it helps. Mm, tacos sound good. I need to work those in soon!

Beverlyjoy--Oh no, how are you feeling today? I bet you look beautiful w/ your new 'do! I don't know why, but I kind of 'forget' about new bras....LOL! that is too funny!

Rhonda--How are you feeling today? I woke up w/ a headache...not sure if it is allergies or the fact that I really need to get my eyes checked! Get those projects done young lady so you can have your long weekend!!! There, did that help?

Ginger--How are you?

Schmoodle--How's the 'school' routine going?

I am looking forward to another long weekend. Not sure what we will do. Dh probably has to work most of it. I do want to add some new music to my mp3 player.

The plan for today is to take the dogs for a walk after work again--it's just too nice to go to the gym today! Although, next week I need to get back to the gym even if I do both.

Have a great op day!

momjeeps
08-27-2008, 10:48 AM
I did OK yesterday. Stuck to plan but struggled with the hot fudge a little. PMS rampage... Its over, moving on...

Today's plan:

Coffee - espresso, 1 C. 1% milk (I actually measured) and NO chocolate syrup
Breakfast - 1 farm fresh fluffy egg, 2 slices low cal whole wheat bread, 1 slice am cheese, 1/2 C. apple sauce (unsweetened)
Snack - Walnuts
Lunch - 1/2 left over baked chicken breast, 1 slice swiss cheese, 1 tomato, lettuce, honey mustard, 2 slices low cal whole wheat bread, 2 clementines
Snack - celery & 1 Tbsp PB
Dinner - Pot Roast, Carrots, Potatoes (Portion CONTROL is key here!), if I have enough lettuce left a small salad too

I've already done some aerobic dancing while watching CMT. I sure hope no one has a hidden camera in my living toom!

Chores for today:
Balance nephews checkbook AGAIN (Part of my job)
Wash Pots and Pans
Kitchen and dining room floors, sweep and mop

Goals reminder:
Drink Plenty of Water
Take multi-vitamin
No eating after 8 p.m. (new one)
Blog

Schmoodle
08-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Hello accountability chicks,
I am on a very boring all day telecon, so I will be drinking too much coffee today, I'm sure! We are settling into our routine, although yesterday was rough, with too much going on and kids not doing what they were supposed to.
Yesterday was on-plan, so I have 3 green days, if I get through today, I am more than halfway through my goal of 7 on-plan days. At one point yesterday when DS was stressing me out, I grabbed a mouthful of granola, and then had the presence of mind to ask myself if I wanted to lose my on-plan day over this, and I spit it in the trash (sorry, gross I know).
The freezer is dead, but I was able to move and salvage all the food. I'll add it to the list of things that have broken since DH left, that he can take care of when he gets home. I had an email from him yesterday all about how he was enjoying the lovely beaches in Greece every day after work.

mj, thanks for the reminder about the long weekend, that gives me something to look forward to! Hope your head feels better.
Rhonda, I hope you don't have to cancel your Friday off!
Ha! Thanks for the giggle BeverlyJoy! My girls are in the same condition. Take care of that back.
momjeeps, can I come to the beach too? I love the beach! I'm impressed at your self control with the hot fudge! I'd be afraid to go near it.
Lyn, mmm, Taco Salad, I do the same thing. That's what we had last night, tacos for the kids, Taco Salad for me and DD1. Good luck with back-to-school. We are having a rough entry!

B: oatmeal breakfast bars, coffee with milk
S: fried egg, Parmesan "fried" veggies with black beans
L: taco salad, sugar free dulce de leche pudding
S: skim latte, triscuits with half a banana & peanut butter
D: Chilean Sea Bass, kohlrabi-carrot slaw
S: blueberry yogurt "sundae"

Hope you have a great on-plan day chicks!

Goldana
08-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone! I'm so sorry I kind of disappeared from existence for awhile but, my husband had vacation time off of work and we did some fun things with our kids. I pretty much stayed on plan the whole time. There were a few treats snuck in now and then but, not too bad ;)
Here is my plan for today:
Breakfast - lowfat yogurt with an unsweetened coffee.
Lunch - kidney beans, bell peppers, onions, mushroom, zucchini, chicken breast creation.
Dinner - salad with cucumbers and balsamic dressing.
Snack - banana and grapes.
Keep up the good work everyone! :hug:

momjeeps
08-27-2008, 11:15 AM
schoodle - thanks for the kudos on the hot fudge. I could have done better I slipped a little. But I definitely did better than I would have in the past and that's progress.

mj5
08-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi again! I just realized that today will make 9 op days in a row! (I would have had more, except for the day I forgot to eat breakfast!) Only 5 more days and I can try out my new eye shadow!

momjeeps--Sounds like you did great to me...a little extra hot fudge isn't terrible.

Schmoodle--Great job w/ the green days!!! No fair...you are dealing w/ broken a freezer, schedules, etc and dh is on the beach after work in Greece?! Soooo not fair!!! Thanks, I think the headache was from allergies. I bought some otc meds, I'll try them tomorrow.

Goldana--Good for you staying mostly on plan while on vacation--that isn't always easy!

Rhonda--How are the projects coming?

I need to finish our grocery list. I am going to check out the farmers market on my break at work tomorrow, which is always fun.

Have a great evening!

Schmoodle
08-28-2008, 08:46 AM
For today's plan, I made a list of all the leftovers in the fridge and now I will see if I can make a balanced day out of them!

B: oatmeal bar, turkey with bacon, coffee with milk
S: vegetable moussaka
L: leftover chicken and veggies
S: latte, triscuits with LCLC
D: roast beef, oven "fried" Parmesan veggies, kohlrabi slaw
S: frozen fruit with Greek yogurt and slivered almonds

Wow that worked!
4 green days down as of yesterday. 3 to go, I haven't planned a reward, hmmm, I'll have to think about that. The biggest reward will be if I make my monthly loss goal, 1 lb. to go.
Hi Goldana, good job for sticking with things!
Where is our Beverly this morning?
mj, wow, 9 days is awesome! I may have to steal your reward idea. Hope the head is better today.

Not much to report today, gray and rainy, but we have been very dry, so it's good. I've got the furnace guy coming for the tuneup and Back to School night tonight for DD2. Otherwise the normal work, school, and chores! After yesterday, that sounds very appealing.

Have a good one chicks, one day until TGIF!

Beverlyjoy
08-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi chickies...last - back pain again got the best of me and I ate. :( It's funny - we ended up going to the chinese restaurant with my mom, aunt and 2 cousins to celebrate my cousin's birthday. I had my steamed veggie dumplings, a rib and did well. Then I came home, felt stressed because my back hurt and ate like crazy :(. Well, enough is enough...I will push thru today.

I have a board meeting here tonight for my storyteller's group. That should keep me out of the food. I"ll go right to sleep after they all leave.

We leave on Saturday for four days to visit DS, DIL and grandson in Michigan. :D I am VERY excited as they have bought their first home this summer. I haven't seen it since movein day when we went to help. I am nervous about how my back will feel, all the food that will be in their home. I am starting to think about my strategy. First of all...I need to have a couple of good solid on plan days before we leave - so, I'll be on a good foot. If you know what I mean.

breakfast - - kashi waffle with pnb, peach
lunch - turkey and cheese sandwich, open face, carrots
snack - cottage cheese and pear
dinner - egg white scramble with peppers, toast, tomatoes
snack - peanut butter and honey toast

Goldana - it's good to see you again! Good job with staying with your plans.:)

MJ - WOW - nine days is fantastic!!!! :D Eyeshadow is a GREAT reward! Hope your headache is gone.

Schmoodle - Hi..I am here. (I fell back to sleep after getting up early because I took a muscle relaxant last night for my back :dizzy: ) Good job on all your green days.:) Yes...you should think of your reward.

Rhonda - glad you posted...push thru to your Phase 1 day - You CAN do it.:)

Hi Momjeeps - such a good workout...dancing to the TV!!!! Glad you pushed thru your PMS rampage. :D

Have a great day everyone! :D

mj5
08-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Good Morning! It is overcast here, but not sure if it will rain or not. My knee is really sore today, can't wait for my ortho appt. I just came back from the farmers market--boy did I stock up! Melons, yellow beans, cucumbers, grapes, strawberries, blackberries...I had so much stuff, one of the vendors offered to help me to my car! Luckily I was parked very close!!!! Good thing it's almost lunch time, I'm getting hungry! On Saturday I will go to my favorite place to get tomatoes.

Schmoodle--How do you make your oven 'fried' parmasan veggies? They sound yummy! Go for it...I think I stole the reward idea from someone else! I have found that for me, it helps to have the 'reward' so I can see it as I am earning the op days towards it--I have the eyeshadow (still in the package) in my makeup drawer--so I see it every morning when I am getting ready for work, I did the same thing w/ the perfume.

Beverlyjoy--I am sorry your back is so painful. Take care of yourself. Today is a new day, fresh start! You are going to have a GREAT time on your trip! I think it's a really good idea to have a couple of 'solid' op days before you leave--much easier to stay op that way!

Rhonda, Ginger, Lynn, Darkblue, and everyone else--how are you doing?

Have a great op day!

Schmoodle
08-28-2008, 12:39 PM
mj, I slice zukes and eggplant crisswise into circles, about 1/4 inch thick, then dip into a beaten egg or egg white, then into grated Parmesan to cover both sides. Lay out on a cookie sheet (best to use nonstick, Silpat, or a piece of parchment if you have it). Put in the oven at 400 degrees, takes about 15 minutes to get crispy browned and yummy. You can turn them but I've found it's not necessary.

Yes, I think the idea of having something there in front of me to remind me what I need to do to "earn" it is brilliant. Rather than just thinking "I'll buy a new pair of jeans when I lose 10 lbs." I'm going shopping today, if I see anything I want I'll get it.

Lyn2007
08-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Schmoodle... YUM. That sounds amazing. And simple. I usually love to cook but am in a slump right now. So those sound about right for me.

I cannot believe how I have been letting stuff get in the way of eating right. It's almost like old times: "oh, I will start again tomorrow". It is not working for me AT ALL.

Yesterday I had everything planned, I had a good morning and was going to ride the bike, and the husband came in and said, "Let's go to Indian buffet for lunch." And the daughter shouted, "YAY!!! Indian food!!" So I went, and I ate light. I mean I ate about 1/3 of what I USED to eat, but it was still probably like 800 calories or maybe 1000. That stuff is so calorie dense. So I got home and was sluggish all day, didnt exercise at all.

Then I found some yummy tahini bars in the cabinet. I am never buying them again. 400 cal each and I ate 3. They are so small it is not worth it.

Taco dinner was fine, I rinsed the lean cooked beef in hot water to get rid of the fat. However, I wanted some crunch so I had taco shells instead of the salad I had planned. I was already like, "what's it matter?" Although I did use low fat cheese and light sour cream. Still.

I am doing fine this morning though and decided that anything I am about to eat, I have to set it down and wait 5 minutes, no matter what it is. At least that way I have time to think about it and maybe decide something better.

mj5
08-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi again! Phew, it has been a busy day! Hopefully tomorrow I can use as a 'catch up' day before the long weekend.

Schmoodle--YUM! I am going to make them this weekend! I wonder if broccoli would work too? I might try some and see...the worst thing I could do is burn it, right? What did you buy as your reward?

Lyn--You can do this Lyn. I know you can!

Beverlyjoy
08-29-2008, 06:22 AM
Three nights in a row I have binged. I need to figure this out. I have been OK during the day - but, right before bed time I start to eat - alot. I am not sure where this is coming from - maybe it's my pieces and parts hurting. I don't know for sure.

We leave for Michigan tomorrow morning until Tuesday. I hate to go with my food in a bad place.

Right now it's 5am here - and my mind is spinning with thoughts of donuts, chocolate candy and pizza.

I did some meditation - it hasn't calmed the 'frenzy' down this time.

Maybe I"ll go write a list of why I want to eat and why I don't want to eat.

I'll be back.

Have a GREAT day.

Schmoodle
08-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Good morning accountachicks,
Lyn, how did yesterday go? It's a strange situation you're in. You said your marriage is over, and yet DH is still in the house and you are all going out to eat together. Must be very confusing and stressful! I think I'd want to kick his a** out the door.
Beverly, did you work through your frenzy this morning? What if you make yourself a nice big veggie omelet with some cheese? Protein can really kill those carb cravings!
mj, I did not buy a reward. I did find some cute summer stuff real cheap at Sears that I bought for next year, but that's too long to wait to use it! I can't wear it now though because I guestimated a smaller size for next year. How's that for motivation? I'll have to give it some more thought. I want a reward for when I get to 175, which is 2lbs. away and is the weight when I move from obese to just plain fat. I haven't ever tried broccoli, let me know how it turns out.

Yikes, it is pouring BUCKETS here, think I'll drive DD to school rather than walking in this mess. Usually we tough it out with an umbrella. With rain this hard it's just a matter of time before my basement starts filling up. I'd better go make sure the sump pump is ready to go.

today:
B: oatmeal breakfast bar, scrambled egg, coffee with milk
S: cup of grape tomatoes, V8
L: taco salad, mashed kohlrabi
S: latte, string cheese
D: fajita wrap, salad, glass of wine
S: yogurt sundae

Beverlyjoy
08-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi again...Schmoodle...I did work thru my morning frenzy. Thanks - I took your advise and had a cheese omlette for breakfast and also some peanut butter toast. I think today I have eat pure protiens, veggies and just a few carbs.

I wrote down why I wanted to eat and why I didn't want to eat - It was very telling and also helpful in many ways. I am feeling frustrated with my physical stuff along with some of my career things too. I am managing to do my performing - I was busy last summer. However, I can't seem to move forward and do all the extra things I was doing and still want to do because of my mobility limitations. Such as presenting workshops (too much standing) - performing at festivals where I have to walk quite far to get to the performance site, etc. I am glad I but down my thoughts on paper - it's always helpful when I am willing to do this.

Today - I will try and push thru for a healthy day. I need to do this before I go out of town for four days. There will be so many temptations being away from home. I need to go feeling 'strong' and like I can face them and make sane healthy choices.

Today:
breakfast - cheese egg white omlette, pnb toast
snack - cheese
lunch - tuna with mayo, ww crackers, green beans
snack - cheese and ak mak crackers
dinner - egg whites cooked with Italian Sweet peppers and lite cheese, toast, salad
snack - ff cottage cheese and tomatoes

Have a good day, folks.

Lyn2007
08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Beverly... big hugs. It sucks when our heads want us to eat and eat. I am glad you wrote out your feelings and are on your way to a "grip." I need a grip, too.

Schmoodle, yesterday was okay, but once again I had a good, healthy eating day and then sort of "gave up" at dinnertime. I was at the mall during lunchtime and one of my worst cravings is Sbarros, but I fought it and went home and had a salad with leftover taco meat on it. I eat kind of low carb all day but by 4 was flipping out for sugar and carbs. And I gave in because I had no dinner plan, and had frozen pizza and a cookie and a skim iced latte.

The whole marriage thing totally sucks. Basically I still love my husband and want to stay married. I cant imagine ripping apart the kids lives. I am willing to forgive his *crap* and move forward but he just keeps saying he is done with the marriage and wants to divorce. But he hasnt filed and wont tell me what his intentions are. He is leaving to go *away* (as in, far away) in about a week but I have no idea if/when he will be back. I think it is terribly cruel for him to refuse to tell me what he is doing. Part of me is sad and just wants him to stay and love us. Part of me is blisteringly angry at this mistreatment of me and wants to kick him out and say good riddance. But frankly I am not in a financial position to make it alone at the moment, AND I do not want to be sending my toddler off to visitation with him either. Bad timing on this, as she has some medical issues I am dealing with too. I quit my job and gave up a good opportunity to work and have my doctorate paid for, when our daughter was born (sick). So now it will take some time to rebuild a career and income for me. Sucks.

Sorry about the long whine. Its a complicated situation and I am just sad on a lot of levels.

mj5
08-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi everyone! Today totally flew by! Plus, we got word that we were going to get to leave early, so I wanted to make sure I had the "must have" type things done asap! I was able to get a bunch of errands out of the way--even bought the dogs some of their favorite chew bones...they will be occupied for hours!

Schmoodle--Good for you for buying smaller clothes! I tried that and guessed wrong....I still have them (some denim capris...I WILL wear them someday!). I know you will come up w/ a great reward, but you better think quick, 2lbs isn't far away! I will let you know about the broccoli--I bought a VERY large bunch at the farmers market and need to come up w/ ways to use it up.

Beverlyjoy--You sound so much better in your 2nd post! Hope you are feeling better. Have a wonderful trip!

Lyn--Don't apologize. You can vent here all you need, I know I certainly have! It sounds like you are in a really tricky situation. I hope things work out for you soon.

Nothing too exciting going on around here. Tonight I want to get a little cleaning done. Tomorrow I am going to some garage sales w/ my grandmother, my mother, and my neice. It should be a lot of fun. I might head over to the outlet mall sometime this weekend--I just realized I could really use a new pair of brown shoes, but we'll see...it's certainly not something I have to do this weekend. Although, dh is working most of the weekend, so this would be a good time to do it!

Have a great evening!

Beverlyjoy
08-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi chickies...thanks to Schmoodle, MJ and Lyn for your good thoughts and support. I made it thru yesterday in my calorie range and had a good day. I am grateful.

Today we leave for four days to visit family. I am going to keep track of my food and aim to do the best I can. I am planning daily to use exchanges for the long weekend. I'll aim for 5 protein exchanges, 5 starch, 2 dairy, 3 fats, 3 fruits, & unlimited healthy veggies. I will allow a bit of exchangle 'swapping' too. I did this on our last vacation and it worked pretty well. I am hoping for the best.

I know that 'going crazy' with my food choices would be like a ball going downhill gaining speed. It will be tough - I'll do my best. I'll check in when I can.

Have a GREAT and healthy weekend/holiday...

Have a GREAT weekend.

Schmoodle
08-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Good morning chicks,
Lyn, hope I wasn't being nosy. I just think you deserve better. I feel like I know you from reading your blog, and the Lyn I know is an awesome person. I see it's a tricky situation, and I know you will get through whatever you need to, hopefully we are of some help, if only to listen to whining. Which is definitely allowed around here. I hope you are taking some steps to protect yourself financially if it comes to divorce. Have you spoken with an attorney about that?
BeverlyJoy, have a wonderful visit with your family!
mj, I've got a really good recipe for a Broccoli-cheese soup (lowfat of course, but very yummy), and also a good chicken divan recipe. Just in case you need to find a way to use up that broccoli. I think it roasts well too. The skirts I bought were size 10, and I tried them on last night (just for fun), and I could get the waistbands fastened, although tight. So, I think they'll be fine for next year as long as I've lost another 10 lbs. or so by then. I love shopping at Sears, their sizes are cut BIG. :D Any normal store I'm a 14. Oh, and at the rate I lose, I've got plenty of time to find that 2 lb. reward lol!

Okay, enough blabbage, this IS the accountability thread. Yesterday was on-plan. I did have two glasses of red wine last night (planned and allowed), and scraped the top off of a pizza slice (cheese only, so okay there), and my weight is back up a little this morning, so obviously some water retention from the salt/alcohol. I'll push the water today and get rid of all that, no worries.

I'm going out with a friend this morning to breakfast and do some shopping, then home by noon to pick the kids up from the farm. Chores this afternoon, movie on the green this evening, that's about it for my exciting day!

I'll be back for the menu, need to take a peek in the fridge, at least I have breakfast planned, a veggie and cheese omelet at the farmer's market.

ETA: Daily Plan
B: Western omelet
L: Fajita beef salad
S: skim latte, apple with peanut butter
D: Fajita beef wrap (need to use up leftovers), salad
S: weekly dark chocolate, popcorn for the movie, diet soda

Have a great weekend Saturday chicks!

mj5
08-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Good Moring! I was up super early this am and rather than sit and be a couch potato (although it was tempting!), I was able to get some cleaning done. I also made a tossed salad, cut up fruit, cut up some other veggies that I bought at the farmers market....I thought we were going to have to cancel our garage sales--it was pouring earlier, but it has stopped raining, at least for now.

Schmoodle--I would love both of those recipes. I am going to try your oven 'fried' veggies tonight--dh can't wait! I am going to roast some broccoli and cauli too, probably not tonight, but it's all cut and portioned out. Last weekend I found some cute things at Sears too--I guess I have to go to a Sears other than our local one--I NEVER find anything there. That's awesome that you can get the skirts fastened! Great job w/ another OP day!

The scales are 'smiling'...but Monday is my official weigh in day, so we'll see....

I'm sure I'll check back later! Have a great day!

Lyn2007
08-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Good morning everyone! I feel kind of energetic today. Maybe I can get some stuff done!

Schmoodle... I would love the broc soup recipe. The husband said he was going to make some. Which means things like lots of cheese and heavy cream. Maybe I can give him a good recipe to follow or just make some for myself that is healthy. And yeah, it is a bad situation and I KNOW I deserve better. I know I am a great wife/mom. I have thoughts that dh may be depressed and that is why he is behaving badly. Trying to get him to a dr is another story tho. I still have a bit of hope.

I am staying home this weekend and cleaning and stuff. I am going to the farmers market this morning so I can get my basic food for the week. Time to get back to the basics and start losing weight again.

Have a fun weekend everyone :)

Schmoodle
08-30-2008, 02:50 PM
For the broccoli cheese soup, this one is my favorite: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131844&highlight=broccoli+chicken+cheese
You can leave out the chicken if you want just plain broc-cheese soup.
Here's another people like:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51890&highlight=broccoli+cheese+soup

And here's the chicken divan. It is super yummy, but kind of high fat, so I add LOTS of broccoli, cut the sauce a little (it makes lots), and you can sub lowfat mayo or plain yogurt etc. for all or part of the mayo to cut fat further.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48844&highlight=chicken+divan

Farmer's market was fun this morning. I got some gorgeous heirloom tomatoes, some fun purple and white eggplants, fresh limas (which I have always loved frozen and canned but never cooked from fresh until I read about them on Lyn's blog - now I am addicted!), and a little French honey melon, yum!

mj5
08-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi again! Garage sales were not that great today. I did find a dress and a jacket that came from Casual Corner for $1! It's really pretty. It doesn't fit yet, but for $1, couldn't pass it up! Besides, we will be going to a wedding in May and it WILL fit by then (either that or it will be too big! ;))

Then we went to the mall....I decided to give "our" Sears another try....I looked in the 'regular' sizes and tried on some XL's, and they fit perfectly, actually a couple were too big!!! So, no more plus size shopping a Sears for me!!! I picked up 3 shirts for $15!!! They are all short sleeve, but my office is really, really warm so I can usually get away w/ short sleeves right into December at least.

Ok, I am going to go play w/ the dogs. Hope you have a great night!

Lyn2007
08-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the recipes! Glad you love the limas too. I adore them.

I had a nice trip to the farmers market. Got a watermelon, honeydew and a cantaloupe, berries and peaches and plums, pears, beets, a butternut squash.... cant remember what else. Yum.

I find I totally lose all my energy by 3 and start eating everything by 4. It's a now and all I want is a nice big iced coffee. I have to find some way to get energy without the caffeine, and head off this afternoon slump.

Schmoodle
08-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Lyn, do you try to avoid caffeine on your plan? I have a latte most afternoons for snack, made with skim milk and sugar free flavored coffee syrups (a la the skinny latte at Starbucks). I really tend to want something snacky or sweet in the afternoon to boost my energy, so that's when I'll usually have one of my fruits too. Today I had an apple with peanut butter. Another really useful piece of advice somebody from this board gave me was to eat some protein when I am craving sweets. If you can eat a hard boiled egg or some turkey breast, etc., then manage to stay away from the sweet stuff just for a little while, it really does work. I remember reading somewhere that you had tried South Beach before, so maybe you know this stuff already.

mj, glad you found some things at Sears! Last year Sears had a big blow out sale at the end of the summer so I have been keeping my eye on them closely. I got a bunch of summer t-shirts and tops from 79 cents to $2.99 (cute stuff too!) and Levis denim shorts for $2.99. I hope they do it again this year so I can stock up for next summer!

I have spent the entire afternoon vacuuming the entire house and moping all the floors. Now I just want to veg! I can't believe it took me 4 hours, I used to be able to clean my previous house top to bottom in 3 - 4 hours, this one takes me so much longer and it's no bigger and has one less bathroom. I just can't get a good method down. I think it's because the rooms are smaller but there's more of them, so vacuuming is more labor intensive. Anyway, my house is sparkly clean for a change and that feels nice!

Lyn2007
08-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Schmoodle...

Yeah I did South Beach and lost some weight back in 03. I still sometimes think about going back to it, but, ya know, it didn't really *work* for me since I regained all the weight. Some of the principles are great to hang onto though. I forgot about the protein trick. I will try that next time.

I just get in this slump by 3. Not sure why. I suddenly feel all my energy zapped and want to sit and veg and eat. I think its been like that for at least 15 years. You'd think I would have a plan by now!!

I dont really avoid caffeine but I was on this bad Coke kick earlier this month so I was trying to cut out the caffeine and soda. Coffee doesnt bug me like Coke does tho. (BTW I am now Coke free and fine). Just now I was pacing and thinking about cake, but I got a grip. I made myself a nice soymilk latte (it does have sugar in it, I made it with Silk Chocolate soymilk!) and I took a vitamin. When I am done sipping this latte I hope I have enough energy to go mop the floors!! (My method was to rip out all the carpet and put in hard floors. Now only one room in the house is carpeted, so I can vacuum and mop the whole house in under an hour).

mj5
08-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Good Morning!

Lyn--Sounds like you were able to get some great things at the market!

Schmoodle--Thanks for the Sears tip! I am looking for something to do today, so I may take a short drive--still looking for brown shoes and if I go to a different mall, (not too far away), there is a large Sears there. I LOVE to bargain shop! I think part of the reason I am picking up so much stuff right now is because 1. I realized that last fall/winter I basically wore the same shirt--many different colors of basically the SAME plain, oversized shirt. WHAT was I thinking?! 2. It is SO nice to finally have some clothes that fit and show off all the hard work I have been doing.

How is everyone else doing on this Labor Day weekend?

Goldana
08-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome backs! :)
Here is my plan for today:
Breakfast - lowfat yogurt banana smoothie with an unsweetened coffee
Lunch - Boiled beef (lean cut) and peas
Dinner - Salad with balsamic dressing
Snacks - Apple and peach
Keep up the good work everyone!

mj5
09-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Good Morning! I struck out at Sears, except for a $7 pair of shoes! Of course, they weren't brown...oh well, it's not like I am going to go barefoot w/ out a pair of brown shoes right now!!! I am hoping my foot doesn't act up this year so I can wear my 'cute' shoes, instead of my 'good for my feet shoes'! (Of course, I always carry a pair of good for my feet shoes w/ me to work, just in case!) Then I stopped at Target, forgetting that it is the weekend before school starts here, BAD idea!!! It was SUPER packed! Now if I can just remember to leave a couple minutes earlier starting this week to deal w/ the busses on my way to work....I always forget the first couple of days!!!

I am down 1lb this morning. It was 2 yesterday, but TOM is lurking, so I think that's the reason why. I feel kind of bloated and icky, but the scale says 1 this am so I'll go w/ that.

Schmoodle--I made your oven 'fried' veggies last night. SO good! I did some small pieces of broccoli and cauliflower too--really good!

It is going to be a gorgeous day here. Not sure what we are going to do--lots of things I 'should' do....I really need to go through the rest of my closet, but not sure I am in the mood to do that today.

Ok, I need more coffee...have a great OP day!!!

Schmoodle
09-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Good morning accountability chicks!
I am happy to report that today I am working on day 9 on-plan in a row! I lost 4 lbs in August, so I have set a 5 lb goal for September. I know what I need to do to kick things up - exercise, which has been sorely lacking this summer.
I spent the morning on some yardwork and laundry, need to do a little office work now, and I'm volunteered for a couple of hours work at the pool closing. Then a cookout for dinner at my Mom's house. I'll take a couple of HN RF hot dogs to throw on the grill for me, and I'm taking some deviled eggs. There should be plenty of veg there too. Quiet around here, hope that means you all have a fun day planned!

B: oatmeal with blueberries, milk, and walnuts, coffee with milk
S: BLT lettuce wrap, tomato juice
L: Beef fajita wrap (last one of these finally!)
S: skim latte
D: hot dogs, deviled eggs, veggies, piece of dark chocolate
S: yogurt with cantaloupe