UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/202/174

Height: 5'9

Default How frustrating!!

Well I've just had to update my sig

I thought I'd shifted 6 lbs this week after being on Xenical. After weighing myself again this morning I see that I've actually not lost anything!! I must have been standing on them incorrectly the other day.

This is really irritating as I had hoped to have lost something! I had thought I'd been incredibly good with my diet. However clearly I must still be over-eating. Although it doesn't look like that on paper my body obviously has other thoughts! I had lost weight alone on this diet initially but then it just stopped. I'm unable to increase my exercise unfortuantely due to being at home with young kids (I already do at least 30 mins a day) so it looks like it's the eating that will have to stop!!

So I'm going to have to cut out something somewhere this week and see if it makes a difference. I think I'll half the breakfast to 1/2 a pot of yogurt and just have one crisp bread for lunch and half the amount I'm having for tea.

Last edited by Riot Rose; 08-24-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Riot Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:54 AM   #2  

Actually I've just worked out I can't eat any less that's crazy! What I'm eating is no more than 1200 calories a day. What's going on with this stupid body of mine?!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #3  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Maybe your body is in "starvation mode" and you should increase your calories, even to 1400 - 1500 for a couple of weeks to see if that jump starts the weight loss again. I know that eating too few calories can stall weight loss just as much as eating too many!
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #4  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

my scales read me as 137.5 friday....
on saturday they were 140....
its very disheartening....
and i *know* i didnt eat enough to put on 2 and a hlaf pounds in a day!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:55 AM   #5  

I'm a bit scared to increase incase I have an orange poo explosion! I'm probably being impatient.

I don't know how 6lbs can appear and disappear in a day. That would mean I'd have had to eat 21,000 calories! I'm pretty sure I didn't

sh3l5 It's beyond frustrating. It just makes you want to scream. I hate scales.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #6  
carinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by staja View Post
Maybe your body is in "starvation mode" and you should increase your calories, even to 1400 - 1500 for a couple of weeks to see if that jump starts the weight loss again. I know that eating too few calories can stall weight loss just as much as eating too many!
I second this.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I weighed myself the other day after waiting three weeks without weighing. I brought the scales out to the landing at the top of the stairs so I could read the display. Imagine my surprise as I'd lost almost 2 stone!! in three weeks!!!

My elation lasted about 25 seconds, as the SO took to the scales, and he had also lost 2 stone and was down to 9st. I put the scales back in the bathroom...reweighed, and I was back to my normal 185lbs :'( Stupid hallow stair landing...made me happy for a half-minute
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:35 AM   #8  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

my reading was in the same spot as usual....
same time as usual....
fully naked as usual....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Riot rose - i would second staja, I think your eating too little - and your body is probably holding onto water weight because of this, just try eating 1400 a day for a week and see what happens, on a calorie counting site I use, it doesnt allow anyone to eat less than 1400 a day, it reccomends you up your exercise instead. I know you cant do much because of your kids, but maybe try and get a 10 minute walk with them at some point and see if it makes a difference. Good luck!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:14 AM   #10  

Well that's another 4lbs gained! I swear I have no idea what's happening this really isn't fair. It must be a reaction to the Xenical so I'm going to give up with it.

I don't want to chance eating more, I can't see the logic behind it. If this were the case then why would people on the liquid diets still lose when their daily calorie intake is so low?? I'm going to have to cut the calories again I MUST be having too much.

I must be getting up in the middle of the night and driving to Macdonalds or something oo perhaps a lock on the door too

Last edited by Riot Rose; 08-26-2008 at 04:17 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:59 AM   #11  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Are you sure you're not over counting your calories? I'd really reccomend weighing everything out if you're not already doing so, that can add alot of sneaky calories. If you are doing this, I second you need to put your calories to about 1400.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:29 AM   #12  

I know the yogurt for breakfast has 100 cals

I know the crisp breads are 28 cals each. The slices of ham are 20 cals each. The low fat cheese spread is 60 cals per 30g and I have that between the 2 crisp breads so that's 204 cals for lunch.

The chicken breast is aprx 180 cals, the rice is 100 cals. I don't know how many calories are in broccoli, green beans and carrots. I'll guess I'm having 200 cals there, so that's 380 cals

so that's 684 for my meals.

I have 3 cups of coffee with skimmed milk which comes to 135 cals

2 apples 150 cals.

so my daily total is 696 cals.

Most days I walk 3 miles with the push chair it's a double buggy too and I've put my weights in the bottom (they add another stone).

PLUS I'm now on Xenical.

Thing is I was doing this before and I was losing. Then it all stopped for weeks on end so I went to the docs who gave me Xenical and STILL nothing is happening.

I don't know where the other 2000 calories a day to make me maintain/gain are coming from!! That's it there for me to see and there's simply nothing in there I'm eating without knowing about it.

I'm reluctant to half what I'm eating but this is what I did initially to lose weight so I don't see any other choice but to do it again because it's what the doctors tell you to do
Old 08-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 266/207/136

Height: 5'6''

your body is definately in starvation mode. I was eating 1600 a day the other week and reduced it to 1400 and my weightloss slowed right down!! I'd do what the others suggest and have a couple more hundred calories per day and see what happens.
gr00vybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 264/250/140

Height: 5ft 9"

What a stress Rose!
I have small kids as well they are twins, I used to have a double buggy as well, so I know how much of an effort it is to walk with it, but with weights as well! Blimey!
I have tried to do exercise with the girls around but its just a nightmare so I stopped, I have some childcare now so I get out, but I understand the frustration.
I had scales that were always different, I bined them!
I have WW scales now & they seem to do the job, but i also weigh different on different days and for no forseeable reason.
HOWEVER sometimes you lose inches not weight! Pushing that buggy will be building muscle, so maybe measure yourself, it might make you feel better!
Bonjul

Last edited by Bonjul; 08-26-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Bonjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #15  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I cout only 969 calories. Your body is starving and is giong to hang on to anything and everything it can. Depending on your height and weight you need to increase your calories. Try increasing to 1400, don't freak out if you gain a little it'll take your body time to adjust. You will start to lose. Really, anything under 1000 calories is a starvation diet and is setting you up for 1) binging or 2) an eating disorder.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote