General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-24-2008, 01:22 AM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Why must people comment?

I'm really trying to not be upset by this.

We went to the Bristol Renaissance Faire today. I bought a bodice and a white undershirt. When we dropped off our girls (Saturday is their night with the g-parents) my mom laced me up, and hubby and I ran out to get a few things (it was about 9PM so I figured not too many people would be at the grocery store!). My boobs were cinched up to my neck and I was fairly sure I looked like a moron, but hubby said I looked amazing so I wore it anyway.

So...we're walking into Jewel, with almost no one around but a group of kids in the parking lot. This 18/19 ish year old kid is walking out of the store, right past us. He stops, stares straight at my chest for seemed like five or ten seconds, before shaking his head and muttering "Well, that's exciting" in a really dead pan voice.

Of course, I didn't know what he said (had I, I would have shot back "Well, your mom's exciting" or some other trite, you-don't-impress-me-you-little-punk phrase) until I asked hubby when we were in the store.

WHY? Like...was I really inconveniencing him so much that he had to make some smart @ss remark?

I have two theories
(a) this guy was just a total jerk
(b) he had to cover up the fact that he was so amazingly impressed by my cleavage (because ZOMGZ fat chicks can't be pretty!!!111ONE).
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:29 AM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i reckon he was just a jerk, who cant get his kicks out of anything other than putting other people down
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:57 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

he must feel pretty insecure about himself to put other people down....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:28 AM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Because he's at that annoying, know-it-all, have to make other people feel bad to feel good about himself stage. You said it yourself--he's 18/19ish. Kids that age say stupid, mean things. You have to just ignore them.

I fell and hit my head over the weekend and now have a really hideous black eye. For a while there, not only was my eye an ultra-violet shade of purple but it was also almost swollen closed with additional swelling on the side of my head. Most people just ignore it when they see me (or at least endeavor to stifle their gasp of horror and look unperturbed). But one teenage girl saw it and burst out to her friend: "Oh my God, do you remember the movie Goonies?" It was pretty clear she was talking about me because her friend immediately shushed her. And, I must admit, with all the swelling and discoloration, I probably did resemble that character in Goonies with the disfigured head. But it wasn't really something I needed to hear (really, I can figure out for myself how hideous I look at the moment) and any adult would know better than to make a remark like that. But what can you expect from teenagers? They say mean and hurtful things. Just ignore them and know that they have a long hard life ahead of them with all the bad karma they are collecting by saying stuff like that. Eventually what goes around comes around.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:41 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well... Let's see... you were wearing an outfit sure to get comments... as you put it, your boobs were cinched up to your neck. So, someone commented! Why not?

Reminds me of a friend I had who was always complaining that people stared at her when she wore her leather with her hair spiked a foot in the air...

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 08-24-2008 at 06:43 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:50 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'd expect a comment - especially from a young guy! Bet you looked great.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Honestly, it sounds like a comment my husband would've muttered to himself (or to me). He's mesmerized by the boobs (esp. cuz I don't have any!!). He would've had that glazed appearance too . From him...it'd be a compliment!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #8  
Determined to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Well... Let's see... you were wearing an outfit sure to get comments... as you put it, your boobs were cinched up to your neck. So, someone commented! Why not?

Reminds me of a friend I had who was always complaining that people stared at her when she wore her leather with her hair spiked a foot in the air...

Jay
I agree with this... when I see a "lady" wearing shirts so tight I can see every roll, or belly piercing, it makes me want to gag.. NOT just ladies, men do it too!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #9  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post
Because he's at that annoying, know-it-all, have to make other people feel bad to feel good about himself stage. You said it yourself--he's 18/19ish. Kids that age say stupid, mean things. You have to just ignore them.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you fell. I hope you're ok despite the bruising. Must really hurt in addition to being unsightly.

I remember having to stay on top of our son in late HS. We were constantly having to call him out on taking pleasure in other's misfortune. They just don't realize the impact they're having on other people.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i agree I bet you looked GREAT
I also agree a teen male sees you and thinks "BOOBIES" (oh wait my husband and his friends do that too) and was amazed at your awesome cleavage. I'd probably stare in envy and I'm a 42DD myself.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #11  
carinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altari View Post
(a) this guy was just a total jerk
(b) he had to cover up the fact that he was so amazingly impressed by my cleavage.
C. all of the above. But double the jerk part.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I'm not sure whether to think this was such a bad reaction. I mean you were NOT dressed normally - rengear isn't normal attire, and big girl renboobies are an impressive sight (thin girl renboobies just can't compete), so among all the comments it could have inspired, this one seems pretty tame.

I can see myself doing the same thing - in fact I probably have. I made a "wench" costume for myself several years ago, and wore it three halloweens in a row. I loved that costume - 300 plus pounds of "wench" creates some impressive renboobies, and I got a lot of comments on "the rack." I would have worn that costume all year round to get that kind of positive attention - and that's how I would have seen it. If the kid really said it deadpan, and not hostily sarcastic I would have LMAO or at least winked at him.

Renboobies are awesome!

Last edited by kaplods; 08-24-2008 at 03:58 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Since I perform (dance), and I am also into professional costuming (ren garb, movie replica, sci-fi/fantasy) and am often going to and from dance events, conventions, ren faires, and other things-I often have to pump gas, or run into the store for something.

EVERY TIME I either get stared at, commented on, or people act like they don't see me.

If you are going to wear something that is outwardly not the norm...then you might get stares, comments, or get ignored (the people who notice but act like they are NOT staring )

It's just the way it is...I mean, if you were in the store, and you saw Darth Vader or someone dressed like a clown walking down the aisle...you might stare, or say something.

Last edited by aphil; 08-24-2008 at 04:14 PM.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #14  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Yeah...I know it was one of the "tamer" comments I could have gotten. To me, people in strange attire isn't all that strange. We have all sorts of Ren Fairs, or LARPing events or what not all the time (we live in cowland...there's nothing else to do!). I see girls in their anime-esque costumes almost daily. Doesn't really phase me. We actually saw some guy dressed up as the Keebler elf a few weeks ago. It was one of the more "out there" get ups I've seen...but, not bothering me any.

I suppose what bothered me wasn't so much the comment, but his need to say something negative. I wasn't wearing it for attention. The woman I bought it from said it needed to be "broken in", and to wear it around the house, so that had been my plan.

Ah well, at least now I know what to expect when I DO where it in a public place. I bought that one since it's a fairly neutral styled fabric, and looks really cute with well fitting jeans. We'll see how THAT trip goes. :P
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #15  

He probably felt the need to say something to distract from the raging b0ner he got from your amazing cleavage.
Sweet Sissy is offline   Reply With Quote