WW Clubs and Groups - FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #6

View Full Version : FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #6

HI! I haven't been getting any notices so I was afraid I was being left out of the loop. There is no loop. Where is everybody. This isn't just weightloss we are friends here. I miss you.

Brittany quit Khols and is now working part time while going to school in a daycare taking care of the after school kids. Hours are better and no weekends. I applied there. I would be teaching 3 year yr. olds. I am not sure I want a full time job right now.
Brandon and Bradley's first game is next week. Here we go. LOL Another crazy year.
We are still going to Scotland. With NASA you are never 100% sure if they will pull it or not. Nervous and excited. Taking plenty of aspirins.

I lost .6 I have been sick. I am a little better now.
What's going on????? I want to hear. I am nosey.

Love all you guys!,
Terri

Jenny523
08-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi,
Terri,
I'm guilty of staying away when I'm not OP :shrug:
When are you going to Scotland? That will be an awesome trip! Hope you're feeling better.
Jess used to work day care also; she loved it. I don't blame you for not wanting full time yet. You've still got kids at home. Plenty of time for that later.
While I love my job, it's still a hassle in terms of never having enough time at home.

HI :wave: to everyone.........where are you????
~Jen

HI Jen,
We are going Sept. 25. Kind of scary. It is so great to hear from you.
I hope everyone is ok.

I am so into Big Brother this year. This is the best season since 2001. I have the live feed. Can we say addicted. Can't go back to work til it is over! LOL
The boy's first game is this weekend. Reg. season of football is starting.
Geared up for the Bears?
Have a good one.
Terri

Jenny523
08-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Terri,
Well, the Bears are 1 and 3 in preseason...lol :shrug: We're hoping they've gotten it out of their system and are on their way to a successful year, with lots of wins.
Your trip is in less than a month! What is the weather going to be while you're there? I am jealous, you'll have to share some photos.
What positions do your boys play?

We're having Brandon and Matthew overnight tonight and tomorrow evening. Jess and Mike will both be working so we'll get our visit in, then bring them home and they can all enjoy Sunday and Monday together. Works for all of us! :lol

A 3 day weekend...whoo hoo! They're predicting temps in the upper 80's; we're planning on being in the pool as much as possible, as it will be our last of the season :(

HI to everyone :wave: Es :hug: , Dianne, Ruth, Zoe, where's Sandy?

~Jen

viv
08-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Since I'm 1 year from 5-0, and am told I look only 40, this seems the group for me! I hope you'll let me chime in.

I'm a Lifetime Member inadvertently fallen off the wagon, as, according to my charming doctor, I have "the metabolism of a slug." Thank you, doctor.:^:

I can blame perimenopause, a sedentary job, exhaustion daily after sedentary job which is not sedentary for my brain, parenting, husbands, some minor meds, all for my weight re-gain (and then some). I have tried a few other plans and have been back on WW Online for just under a week trying to use principles of some other plans within the points confines. Hopefully this combination will work.

Having teenagers and a husband to cook for (DH simply refuses to pitch in here) obviously makes it a challenge when I would be totally happy with a Smart Ones for dinner. And - I need to work exercise back into my regime. :carrot: Looking at the carrot makes me tired. But I am giving myself a week to get into the WW tracking program again, and this weekend will add in the exercise, which will most likely be walking and then some weight work at home. Had toyed with going to the gym, specifically for classes, but I am sooooooooooo completely wiped out after work that I cannot imagine dragging myself there, not to mention anything I need to do for the kids after work.

Am trying to come up with a program that will actually factor in success - even if I am a slug.

Was on this board many many moons ago - I think when I became a Lifetime member. It was a good thing. I hope you'll welcome me!

viv

Jen,
The Steelers are 3 and 1. Texans next week. Football can be so stressful.
Brandon and Bradley play in the marching band. Brandon plays trombone and Bradley plays trumpet. Their first game was Friday. The show was great.
I hope your weekend is going great. We are having a pretty nice one.
We might get parts of Gustav. We are getting new roof and it is scheduled to go on Tuesday. We can't take a lot more rain with this roof.
((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

VIV,
I will be 50 on March 27 next year. Some people mistake my daughter and I as sisters. Love it everytime. I know it won't last forever. :lol:
JUst buckle down and do this. We will be successful.
Good to meet you.
Terri

short & sassy
09-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi Ladies,

Well, no one was posting and I was beginning to backslide....so I've just stop checking the site....but I'm getting desparate...I've lost my motivation and have to find it before I gain all my weight back!! I've gained about 4 pounds back...and I'm totally bummed about it!!!! Sooo...

I'm on my way to bed.... hope everyone is having a good week...things have calmed down here...raining, but not storming!! Anyway... talk to you guys later.

I don't know why it is so slow. :( I do my sparkpeople everyday and that keeps me motivated. I am kind of on a plateau. I hate that.
Keep coming on and maybe join www.sparkpeople.com. My spark page is terrmor. That keeps you motivated cause you can belong to a bunch of teams. There is always people there.
I love the peope here and I want everyone to come back.

Terri

short & sassy
09-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Has it ever been this quiet before? Now with summer almost over, I hope the girls come back on a more regular basis. We've been at this for so long we can't throw in the towel now!!!

I started counting points again yesterday, walked a mile on the treadmill and played some of the balance games on the Wii Fit..they aren't very physical, but all that weight shifting can be felt in the legs!!!

Hopefully I'll be posting losses again soon.

I'll check back in later today.

short & sassy
09-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Well, I'm opt again...but I'm also back to talking to myself!!! LOL

Hi Ruth,
I'm here. Just was busy with the boys and band. It is supposed to rain. Hope not. We have our first home game. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
I have been meaning to ask you, did you have to evacuate with Gustav? I hope everything is ok down there.
I was watching BB 10 and Renny is from NO and she will be po'd when she finds out but I bet her family said don't tell her.
Terri

short & sassy
09-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Terri,

I live in northwest Louisiana...Shreveport. We only received ran for a few days...So glad it wasn't as bad a Katrina!! I kept reading jokersupdates to see if Renny was ever told...I figured her family probably told them not to bother her.

My weekend should be fairly busy...I've got a house to clean...and now that school has started back I have plenty of reading to do. I may have mentioned it before but now I'm back in school so I can get a bachelors degree in Management with the concentration in Human Resource. Tonight I have my 5 year old grandson Elijah with me, but starting tomorrow I have plenty to occupy me!!

Zoe
09-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Hey everyone :wave:

I too am guilty of staying away. My weight is still down but I've been up and down a pound or see for more than a month!! I am down 20 or so now but should really be so much more ahead. :( Jenna is only 13 bls from her goal, has lost 34 lbs!!!

We are waiting for Rylea to show up. We are taking her to a baby shower that is for couples and kids. Should be fun. We had her pictures taken 2 weeks ago at Sears. I am going to "attempt" to post one at the end of this message. :roll eyes: We'll see how computer savvy I am....:lol:

Anyway, I promise to be a stranger. Next Saturday I will miss WW because I am leaving Wed. for Phoenix to a scrapbook convention with 4 others. It's exciting because we know each other for years....phone and Yahoo group...but have never met. Hoping they aren't serial killers, I'm sure we will have a blast. Not too sure what the eating will be like though....

Have a great weekend....

Zoe,
Hoping they aren't serial killers.:rofl::rofl::rofl: Have fun. Love your picture.
Still down 20 pounds. YAY! :carrot: Yay to Jenna too. :carrot:

Ruth,
Love Renny. I want Dan To win. I want Jerry Gone. My summary of BB10.
Cograts on getting your bachelors. Never too late girl!!!
I am so glad you didn't get any of the hurricane.
Terri

Jenny523
09-07-2008, 12:28 AM
ZOE!! No serial killers in scrapbooking!!! My daughter Jessica has participated in many online message boards and such.....and is alive talk about it after meeting other members at events :rofl: I hope you have a wonderful time.
It's great to see your pic :)

Terri, HI :wave!

Hello to everyone. We're going to an event tomorrow which features my SIL's dog in a training exhibition for Rainbow Asisted Therapy....little Violet has been very busy visiting patients in hospitals, etc., ....and just letting those patients hold her leash and pet her. They are thrilled by their experience and my SIL, Caroline, is equally gratified by the reactions her "baby" gets.
I'm very excited by having the chance to see all of the people who participte in these evetns.

short & sassy
09-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Zoe, congrats on the maintaining....it isn't as fun as losing, but at least you aren't gaining back what you have already lost. I'm up about 3 pounds from what I lost...trying desparately to refocus and get back on track. I know I'll get there...just not sure as to when! Have fun at your scrapebook meeting...just think, maybe someday we can all meet and we'll be wondering the same thing!! LOL

Jen, I wanted to do the Assisted Therapy with my shiz tzu Hank...but I only went through one training session at PetSmart, I think there are several more that I would have had to complete, I may still do it at some point. I know your sil must be thrilled at the reaction from the elderly.

Hey Terri....I watched Big Brother tonight! I hope Dan didn't hurt himself by taking Michelle...I mean, he might gain one vote and lose 2???

Well, I'm still reading for class tomorrow..I better get back to it!

Jen,
That is so cool. I'd love to see that.

Ruth,
I was scared Michelle would do "Bodily Harm" to Dan. The guys are saying they are getting rid of Keesha instead of Jerry now. They are underestimating Jerry. The first part of HOH will be endurance but the rest won't be. he could win. I don't eally care if Memphis gets out but I just don't want Jerry to win. The things I heard come out of his mouth on the 24/7 feeds are disgusting. I started not liking him when he started the whole Judas thing.
Hope school is going well.
Terri

short & sassy
09-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Terri, I initially thought it was cool that this 75 year old man was in the big brother house....but after reading and watching some of the stuff on youtube...I don't want him to win either...and they definitely may underestimate him. Guess I need to look on jokers and see what happened to the POV...sounds like it wasn't used?

Ruth,
The POV is going to be live on Tuesday. It is a special live show. Memphis(who won POV) wants to vote out Keesha. He will use it on himself. Dan was trying to talk Memphis out of voting Keesha out but so far he won't budge. There will be an eviction Tuesday and Thursday. Then next Tuesday is the finale. I DO NOT want Jerry to win.
I usually go to www.sillyhamsters.com She puts alot of videos and stuff and she usually likes who I do. It is a blog and Britany always comments. :lol:
Terri

dpadro
09-10-2008, 05:44 PM
ZoeGirl - Oy! What would they do, glue you to death? lololol! I think you'll be safe. Listen, just congratulate yourself right now on those 20 lbs. lost and remember what it felt like carrying them around! And bravo to Jenna, she's doing great.

Terri & Ruthie - no clue as to what you're talking about, lololol! But it sounds interesting. I can't wait for TBL to come back, I love that show.

Jen - How cool about the little dog and the patients. I imagine some of those people don't even get visitors and they are probably thrilled. They say that animals do wonders for sick people.

Es, amiga - I hope you are doing well. I will e-mail you tonight.

I'm sorry I haven't been here in so long. Besides the very busy summer with barbecues/birthdays/graduations, etc., the beginning of the fall semester here at the University is always crazy busy. I promise not to stay away (not like ZoeGirl who promised to be a stranger, lololol)!

I hope everyone is doing well - hi to Sandy & welcome to Viv!

Talk to you's soon,

Hugs,

Hi Dianne,
Nice to hear from you. Hope your life settles down a little. Mine is just starting.
TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
09-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Hi ladies, I've been so busy lately with work and school. We are going to a new software program at work and we've been spending a lot of time on converting our records. It's really been time consuming. Our boss doesn't believe in ovetime, but we are going into work on Saturday to input some of the data for our agents.

I have school 3 nights a week and I've been spending a lot of time studying. so, if I'm not around...well..I'll probably be at work or school or studying...either way, maybe I won't be eating.

Jenny523
09-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Dianne, good to see you here :D

Terri, I'm looking forward to the start of Biggest Loser. I've never watched an entire season of it, just got interested at the end of last season. Looking for motivation wherever I can!

Ruth, I think it's wonderful that you're going to school. Refresh my memory, did you receive your degree? What are you going for, I think it was accounting?

Things have been unsettled lately for me. The problem I had with my finger has been diagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis, based on results of extensive bloodwork. While it's important to be positive, it scares me, will know more when I have my first visit with the rheumatologist. I've been doing a lot of research on RA, and hope to manage it with therapy/exercise as opposed to drugs. We'll see.
Also diagnosed as having carpal tunnel, which I knew was the case. As far as I'm concerned, no surgery for me unless it's a last resort. Again, my plan is therapy. Am seeing the ortho dr. next week.
This is the first time I've ever been faced with a serious health issue. I know I've been extremely lucky and that others face far worse scenarios.

Es, hugs...thinking of you and Pete.
love,
Jen

dpadro
09-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi Jen:

Tonight is TBL!! Alana and I have been watching it since it started. The only thing is that its 2 hrs. long, and its not that easy to take 2 hrs. out of the day, but I do it anyway, lol. Sorry to hear about the RA - but I think your'e right to try therapy over drugs. I was recently diagnosed with Diabetes, so now I'm taking chloestrol and diabetes medicine, Yuk!

Ruthie, you sound really busy, girl. How are the grandchildren?

Hi ZoeGirl - Been thinking of you - hope you and your family are alright, post hurricane. Let us know how you're doing.

Es, think of you every day, amiga.

Terri: How is the family? Must be a really busy time for you.

Gotta run, Hi to anyone I missed. Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,

S

short & sassy
09-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey girls..

Jen, I received my degree in accounting in 2005. Now I'm taking courses to obtain a management degree with concentration in human resources. Also, plan on possibly taking the cpa exam in the future and I needed additional college hours to do that...so I guess you could say that I'm killing two birds with one stone. Also on my to do list is becoming certified in Quickbooks and getting a notary license!

Thanks for reminding me about TBL...I've never watched at all...but now that I need additional motivation...I'll be sitting in front of the TV..I might have to record it because I've also been watching Big Brother.

Diane, grandkids are doing great! I've been spending more time with them lately...the youngest turns 1 tomorrow!! Wish we could upload photos like in the past...

Well, time to go back to work...I'll try not to wait so long to check in.

short & sassy
09-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Jen, I forgot to comment on the AR....I really hate to hear that. But you have a positive attitude and that should go a long way! The therapy and exercise should help alot...also, if and when you get to the point of needing the drugs, well they have come a long way too...just be sure to educate yourself on what is out there and the side effects. Also, some of them might do better earlier than later, so keep that in mind.

Well, now I really do need to go back to work.

Talk to you latter.

short & sassy
09-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Just bringing it closer to the top for when someone comes in looking for it.

DollyLang
09-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Hi. I was wondering if I could join here. I just turned 47 earlier this month. I've been doing WW flex for 2 months now. I'm determined to go all the way with this. It certainly is the easiest thing I've ever done to lose wieght.

Little about me, married to Mike for almost 24 years. We have 2 sons Matt 23 and Jeff almost 21. We also have a sheltie and 7 (yes 7) cats. I think after the boys started to grow up I needed something to Mother. I didn't start out wanting that many cats, they've just kind of found me. I'm also a big scrapbooker. Funny, my boys used to get freaked out when I told them I was going to meet someone from a sb mb. I'm still alive too, lol.

~Dolly

Hi Dolly,
Welcome. This is a great group but we are a little slow as of late. I haven't been getting notices. :(
You sound like a caring person. 7 cats? I have 1 and you are a brave person. I am sure they are rewarding. How is your poor little sheltie? That many cats. My 54 pound mix breed is scared of our 15 lb. cat. :) Great entertainment.

Hi Jen,
I am so sorry to hear about your condition. I know you will be able to get a handle on it. We are here for you.

Ruth and Dianne,
I am over here in SCOTLAND right now and missed the Biggest Loser right now but I did not like the Brown Team at all. I heard Jerry left and that he looks good as of today.

We flew over to Scotland last Friday. Bruce was asked to present a paper at the International Astronautical Congress here in Glascow. He was one out of 50 NASA people to go. We have been having fun. We saw Endinburgh, Loch Lomond, Sterling Castle. The Highlands are phenominal.
Last Monday I went to the opening ceremonies and the plannery at the Congress. I saw a bagpipe band in full dress. I saw all the heads of all the Space Agencies in the world. Mike Griffin (NASA), European Space Agency(ESA), Russia, China, Japan, India and Canada. I watched them have a discussion panel. I tell you I was in awe!~
We are leaving Saturday to spend the night in London and Sunday leave for Chicago's O'Hare airport for a layover and then home. Hey Jen we will be close. :lol: I am going to try to ind Big Ben in London and then put my Big Ben shirt on and get a picture. Cheesy huh???
LOVE YOU GUYS,
Terri

Am I really the last one to post on here before I left? This is sad.
I am back and ready to get back on track. I hope everyone is ok.
Terri

Rios426
10-11-2008, 09:29 AM
My Girls, I'm desperate & you have no idea what it's taking for me to ask for this. I need help.
The drs. are saying my husband has a few weeks to live & we didn't take out life insurance because he had it through his job. After 20 years the company told them they were moving. He had a buy out, paid all his bills so we could be bill free. At that time we didn't know he had cancer. We just found out 2 months ago. He's only 57 years & the kindest man you could ever meet. I want to have a decent memorial service for him. In the past we did decide when the time came we wanted to be cremated. I left my job, not permanently, to take care of him. We are going to get hospice but my insurance only covers a few visits. I am in a desperate situation. Just to give you an example of the type of man he is, when it snowed he would get his shovel & clean everybodys driveway, clean their cars & would not accept one cent. I can go on & on of this compassioante man who has gone from 175 lbs. down to 150 in 2 months. He has cancer everywhere. I'm trying to get enough money just for his cremation & a memorial service. We love the Lord. Since we moved & he got sick it's very hard to get him to church so the chuch we were going to we haven't been to in a very long time. I tried a few weeks ago & to get him there & it took so much out of him. Any donation would help us more than words can say. I don't know who else to turn to. SOme of his family helped but that paid our rent & medications. He's on 14 meds. We don't have much time according to the Drs.

God bless you.
Essie & Pete Rios
318 Walden Court
East Moriches NY 11940
(631)741-1837

I love you all very much. I'm in a very bad mental state. This is so embarrasing for me. If you know of anyplace I can go for financial help for terminal cancer patients please let me know. I don't have time to do research anymore. I'm taking care of him 24/7. In the mist of all this we're moving dowstairs. Thanks guys.

Oh Essie.
I am so so sorry. I always said how wonderful Pete is. He is an example of what all husbands should be. You are strong and I know with your family and friends you will be able to get through all of this. It will be so hard. Our prayers and our thoughts will always be with Pete, David and you.
I will definately help out as much as I can. You have always been a dear dear friend. Please stay with us and talk to us when you can. We love you!
Take care of that wonderful man and of yourself. Let others take of you. Let them in.
PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF TOO!
Love you,
Terri and Britts

short & sassy
10-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Essie, please know that you and Pete are in my prayers. I will drop a check in the mail tomorrow. I wish I could do so much more...please keep in touch when you can, we are here for you.

Love ya,
Ruthie

Zoe
10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Ladies, I know that my "MO" is to pop in and out all the time. I've done this for almost 9 years now. I cannot believe that you all have been my friends for almost 9 years!!

I've been preoccupied myself because my own husband Greg, had a heart attack 2 months ago. He is going to be fine......but now, I come in and see that one of my dear, dear friends here, is going through something that can compare to nothing else.

Es, I am crying for you and your family. Over these last 9 years, we talk about our families all the time - and Pete has always been one of those guys that always seemed genuine and caring, loving and generous. My heart is breaking for you, for him and for your entire family.

As a born-again-Christ-loving-Jesus-believing Christian, you are all in my prayers. Please know that if I can help, I will.

And if you need a friend, just to talk, you can call ANY TIME. Just send me a private message and I will give you my phone number - just to have, just to keep in case you need someone to talk to. I know you have so many people there who you can lean - I'm just offering a new voice.

Love you my friend,
Patti aka Zoe ><>

Jenny523
10-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Es,
My dear friend, how my heart aches for you. Please know that we're here for you and Pete.
Concentrate on your love for each other, and know that we are all lifting you up.

On a more practical side...have you looked into Medicaid for Pete? Or SS disability? Check with the financial office/social services office of the hospital to see what they can do for you, as well as the American Cancer Society. In desperate times like this, absolutely do not be embarrassed to ask anyone and everyone for help.

love you,
Jen

Jenny523
10-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Zoe,
What a shock to read of Greg's heart attack. I am very glad to hear that he's doing well now. I hope you are as well. Joe had a heart attack 10 years ago when he was 46, and I know how stressful it was for us both.
Thinking of you both in my prayers.
love,
Jen

Zoe,
I am so sorry about Greg. I am so glad he will be ok. Same goes to you. We are here for you.
Es, We love you!!!
Terri

dpadro
10-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Es, mi amiga, there are no words to say except how sorry I am that you, Pete and David are going through this terrible time. Please don't ever feel embarrassed with us, I know I speak for all of us. I will send something shortly, and wish it could be more. I think of you all everyday and pray for you. God will carry you through this hard time, but you already know that.

One of the things I thought of is your church. Maybe you could speak to your pastor and let him know what is happening. He might be able to help you outright through the church funds or else take up a special collection. The church is there to help you in time of need. Please take care of yourself, I know that is hard, but you need to try. God bless all of you. Please keep in touch with us, we love you, amiga!

Hugs,
Dianne

P.s. ZoeGirl, so sorry to hear about Greg, but glad he's okay.

short & sassy
10-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone...I hope everyone is doing okay. Zoe, so sorry to hear about Greg's heart attack. I know how scary that can be first hand. Maurice had one in March 2005, today he is doing great and the only medication he is on is an aspirin and cholesterol medicine.

Es, we love you and think of you everyday!! Please take care of yourself!

Jenny523
10-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Looks as tho we're all MIA! :(

It seems as tho each day is flying by, we're already at the end of October!how does that happen?

Joey celebrated his 30th birthday on Thursday. We had dinner at Bob Chinn's with him and Ili, then on Friday night she threw a surprise party for him at Wildfire. (Great restaurants two nights in a row!)
It's hard to believe that my baby is 30.

Today is a sunny very very windy, cool day. Joe and I just put out the autumn decorations in front...cornstalks, scarecrows and mums. It looks nice, my favorite time of year.

Es, thinking of you and Pete and hope you're doing ok.
Hi :wave: to all.
hugs,
Jen

short & sassy
10-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I wonder where the days are going myself. it's so hard to believe that it is only 2 months til Christmas. Time to start thinking about gifts for my 9 grans!! LOL

Yes, it appears things have slowed down alot on both threads that I post to. I've actually started using Sparkspeople. It's a neat side with a format kinda like myspace...but for people trying to lose weight and become healthier.

I would love to see photos of your yard. If you get a chance post a photo for us.

Well, I'm trying to study (seems like that is all I'm doing these days) so, I'll check back tomorrow. I check the site everyday...but hate being the only one to post...so I just wait til next person post after me.

dpadro
10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi Jen & Ruthie:

Yes, it is really quiet in here and the time is flying! Can't belive Christmas is 2 mos away. I have to make out my chart of 16 grandchildren & 1 great grand child with names/ages, etc. Its the only way I can keep track:dizzy:

Willie & I were going to go to PR for christmas this year, but my car broke down, then he had a car accident (he's fine, thank God) and with everything else, it doesn't really look like a good idea. However, I am taking vacation as planned from 12/15 to 12/24 and then the university is closed from 12/25 to 1/5, so I'll wind up with 3 weeks vacation for the price of 8 days. Not bad! We will probably take a trip to Washingtin, which is what we had wanted to do in the summer. We can drive there in about 4 hrs. and we'll stay over for 2-3 nights and see the museums, etc.

Jen, I'm with you, Fall is my favorite season. I love the colors of the trees.

Ruthie, take a break from studying once in a while girl! lol.

Hi to Terry, ZoeGirl and Es, amiga, I'm thinking of you every day. God Bless!

Hugs,
Dianne

Hi guys,
I am here. I check in most days. I miss everyone.
Es,
((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))
Dianne,
Love Washington. Hope things go well with your cars. When it rains...

Jen,
Happy birthday to Joey. He is a popular guy.
Your yard sounds adorable.

Ruth,
I love Sparkpeople. I am so glad you are there.

My in-laws are here for a week. They wanted to see Brandon in the band and this week will be his last home game. It is parents and senior night.

I hope we stay in touch. Y'all mean so much.
Terri

Zoe
10-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm here too but not posting much. I check in to see the posts but right now I am in Atlanta on business. :(

I will be home late Thursday and maybe life will get back to normal.

ES - I am thinking of you and praying for you's guys

Rios426
10-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Hospice said Pete only has 1 or two weeks to live, I'm too devastated to post.

love always
es

Zoe
10-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Ladies, Essie probably won't see this any time soon but please join me in a prayer for her, for her family and most especially, for Pete.

This situation has me so upset, I cannot even imagine what she is going through. It's times like this that I wish all of our "online" friendships could be "face-to-face".

We love you Es!!!

short & sassy
10-31-2008, 01:56 PM
I too wish that we were physically closer so that we could do more to help! We all have such supportive mates and it is hard to imagine any of us having to endure what Essie is going through.

Essie, we love you, you and Pete are in our prayers. If you need to talk we are hear for you....please take care of yourself...we love you.

dpadro
11-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Es, amiga, I wish there was more that we could do for you and Pete. I'm not that far from you, if you need me just let me know. I wish all of us could be with you right now. We have all developed such close relationships even though we've never met, we still have a bond. :grouphug: Please give Pete our love and let him know he is in our prayers every day as are you and David.

ZoeGirl, I'll join you in that prayer!

Hugs & God Bless,

Love, Dianne

We are praying too. I think of the Rios family everyday. It breaks my heart.
Pete, Es and David, we love you all. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))). I wish we could be there for you!
Love you,
Terri

Sandancy
11-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Dear Es,

I haven't been here much, and I am so sorry to come back to find that Pete is so ill. My heart goes out to you. Both of you are in my prayers.

Much love,
Sandy

Rios426
11-04-2008, 11:15 PM
My dear friends,

Pete died this morning at 11:06 a.m. I was there with David. I won't get into details but let me just say toward the end he was suffering & I begged God to take him home. David is my main concern now because he keeps crying. Years ago I was telling Pete that I would probably go before him & I didn't want a funeral service with people crying over me. I always felt wakes & burials are torture for the families. He totally agreed. His wishes were just like mine. I want to be cremated then take the ashes to the beach that's called Smithpoint, one of our favorite places, let my ashes go with a bunch of balloons. I know he's in heaven & I spoke to the Deacon from the hospital and right after I felt so peaceful.

A woman that never met me but lost her husband the same way sent this to me and it's so beautiful I must share it with you:

2/13/51 11/4/08

PETE RIOS

He was my North my South my East and West, my working week and my Sunday rest, My noon, my midnight, my talk and my song; I know that our love will last forever

There's gossip with his family because there is not going to be a wake but this was our wishes. Like he always said "you're the boss" and I'm sticking to it.

I'm going to sleep girls. It's going to feel weird sleeping alone but that's okay.. he told me to be strong and I have to be for my son's sake.

Good night my friends. I love you all.

dpadro
11-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Es, amiga - Not only is Pete as peace, but you sound at peace as well. You and he shared such a strong love, he will always be with you.

God Bless you and David & family - our throughts and prayers are with you all.

Love,
Dianne

short & sassy
11-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Essie, I am so sorry! Please know that I will continue to pray for your family, especially David. Diane is right, Pete is now at peace after a horrible weary fight...and you sound at peace and so strong! I lost my daddy to cancer in 2005...when he died...it was a comfort knowing that he was no longer fighting that horrible battle. If you need us, we are here for you!

What a beautiful quote, so beautiful and so fitting!!! Thank you for sharing, when you have someone in your life that fits that message, then you have something more precious than wealth, you have completeness. Even after that person is gone, you know that you have been loved and like your memories that knowledge can never be taken away!

Es,
I am so sorry. Pete sounds like he is at peace at last. Just think of all the moments you two had together. I know it is not enough but think if you never had them. That quote was beautiful.
As far as his family goes, it is yours and Pete's wishes. There are so many private services now. That three days in the funeral home is excruciating. There are hardly any of those anymore. I think yours and Pete's wishes are beautiful and I am so glad you are at peace with it. He sounded like a wonderful man and David had a great role model. You are a great friend and I am so sorry you and David have to go through all this.
I am so glad Pete came into your life.
Please call me if you need to talk to someone.
Terri and Britts

Rios426
11-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Thank you Terri & Britts you know I love you girl!

Zoe
11-07-2008, 05:13 PM
My dear Essie,

As I sit here at my computer, crying, words just cannot describe what I want to say to you. As Christians, we know that he is now safe and sound, surrounded by love. I am praying for you, for David and for your family.

Remember, you can call me any time........

With much love,

Rios426
11-08-2008, 07:31 AM
FAREWELL PETE RIOS 2/13/1951 - 11/4/2008 :cry:

The sand of time are running low
And soon my children I must go
My heart with love for you is filled
But soon its beating must be stilled

I leave no treasures of any kind
Only my love I leave behind
Take it and share it between sister and brother
And always be kind to one another

Weep not beside the grave for me
Don't bring me flowers I cannot see
Only ashes lie neath the cold sod
Just pray that my soul has gone with God

Some of you perhaps may weep
When my eyes are closed in eternal sleep
But try to remember it won't be forever
For God can bring our spirits together

I pray that I go to a world far above
To be with the others that I love
And to wait awhile on that Heavenly plain
Until the day we shall meet again.

I love you Pedro
Always & Forever
Your wife Essie

That is beautiful. You are truly blessed!!!! What wonderful memories you have. Enjoy them and when it is time you will be reunited.
We are here for you.
Love you,
Terri and Briitts.

Zoe
11-08-2008, 05:36 PM
That was the most beautiful poem I've ever read. With all the sorrow that we feel when we lose someone dear, there are many more memories to cherish until you meet again. Try to be strong my friend.

With thoughts, prayers, and love,
Patti and Greg

Jenny523
11-09-2008, 05:50 PM
For some reason, a post I wrote when I heard of Pete's passing never appeared.
Es, I'm so very sorry. You and Pete have a wonderful love....and he will always be there for you. Please tell David how sorry I am. You've been blessed with two wonderful men who love you.
Take each day at a time. Your plans for a memorial sound perfect to me. You know best what Pete would have wanted.
take care,
love you,
Jen

short & sassy
11-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Good morning ladies!

Essie, your still in my thoughts and prayers. The poem you posted was beautiful! If you need to talk, please call me...my number was on the envelope that I sent last week; however, if you don't have it just send me a private message and I will send it to you.

Sandy, how have you been. We have all slowed down on our post. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

Terri, does Biggest Loser come on again this week. I sure did miss not seeing it last week!!

Diane, Zoe, & Jen hope you are all well. I'll talk to everyone later.

Love
Ruthie

Sandancy
11-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Essie,

I am so sorry for your loss! I read the poem that you posted over and over, thinking about how much love you and Pete shared. We are so lucky to have that kind of love in our lives, if only it were not so brief. Many hugs and thoughts and prayers are in my heart for you and David. I wish I could do more.

Sandy

Ruth,
Yes it is on tomorrow. I love that show.

Es,
We are here for you.
Terri

Jenny523
11-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi,

Taking a moment to thank and honor our country's veterans....where would we be without their dedication and courage?

Es, thinking of you every day. Good thoughts and hopes that you're okay. Please let us know if you need anything.

Had today off, did some shopping but not the fun kind...petsmart, walmart, groceries...but it was better than a day at work!

It's hard to believe that the holidays are almost upon us. I'm glad we're not hosting Christmas this year. We've got tons of projects to begin around the house. Instead of waiting till after the holidays, we are starting with the powder room next week: new flooring, walls, light fixtures and toilet. After that it's our room and the master bath.....sigh, it never ends! I am looking forward to new rooms, tho.

This weekend is my son-in-law Michael's birthday...we'll have a family dinner here. I'm making stuffed shells, salad and garlic bread.
Did I tell you that Jess has gone full time at her job? She's been working at the animal hospital for 2 years now, was made office mgr.; she's adjusting to the changes that full time brings. It helps that Michael works 3rd shift, and the boys are getting older.
We don't see them as often as I'd like, but that's life. I'm looking forward to this weekend!
Matthew has glasses now....they say it's a stigmatism that may be corrected....he looks so cute in his glasses! The day he got them (2 weeks ago) he told his mom that "It's a whole different world!" Since he's always gotten great grades, and is in an advanced reading class, we're thankful that his vision didn't hold him back...and are wondering if he'll excel even more!

HI to Terri, Es, Dianne, Sandy, Ruthie, Zoe....it seems that the 7 of us are here to stay.....let's think about a get together. Seriously. We all need to meet.

hugs to all,
~Jen

short & sassy
11-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Good morning ladies,

After reading Jen's post I starting comtemplating this amazing bond and friendship that we have developed over the last few years. Guess we are modern day pen pals (remember those) LOL! It would be amazing to meet in person and I am definitely game for the idea. We should set a date for the Spring of 09. I'll be taking classes but will have Friday-Monday's free so we could plan a long weekend somewhere. So where are we meeting ladies? Nashville, Memphis, New York, some where in Florida, New Orleans, Wasington DC...except for New Orleans & Memphis, I've haven't been to any of the places I mentioned.

Jen are you still a Biggest Loser fan? I've been watching this year. I was all excepted that there was a couple from Louisiana and was so disappointed that I can't stand the woman. She is a "B" and I hope she goes home soon so that the show can do away with the turmoil!! I was so glad Brady went home last night! He isn't as bad as his wife Vicki, but just because she was so cocky...

Well, I've got to get ready for work. Hope everyone has a good day...Essie, we love you!!

ES,
((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Ruth,
I think my Blood pressure went up several numbers lnight. I was so upset at Vicky. Did you see the revenge sign she puts up next week? I noticed Brady reels her in at times and now he is gone. AMY can vote for anyone she dang well pleases. Why should Amy carry them so they can get rid of her when they are done with her. Vicky has an elementary school mind. What a B.
I don't know if I can go in the Spring. Got lots of relatives coming down and Bruce may be going on a long trip. I guess depends on when in the Spring.
After May would be better for me.

Jen,
AWWW on Matthew. I am so glad he is getting on better. Glasses make a world of difference. Happy birthday to your SIL. Have a great time with your dinner. Sounds yummy.

Hi Zoe, Dianne and Sandy.
Terri

short & sassy
11-12-2008, 11:47 AM
One vote for May!! I'm easy....I can go whichever way folks decide!! LOL

I was so happy when Amy voted for Brady!! They were so into the numbers, so glad Amy was smart enough to think for herself...what good is getting to five if you could be the first one of the five leaving!!! This way, by siding with her old team, she could help insure their own safety and they all so deserve it!! You know I don't like Heba, but I think Vicki brings out the worst in her!

dpadro
11-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh man, Terri & Ruthie:

I was thrilled that Brady got voted off. What goes around comes around and his wife deserved it (even more than him). I gotta give Amy credit for voting that way, especially since we know if it came down to her or one of the other 4 on the blue team, they would have dropped her like a hot potato. I think Amy's mom was trying to get her to realize that she needed to look out for herself and that they would probably stab her in the back.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone as B----y and mean as Vicky. I thought Heba was bad, but Vicky is evil! I really felt sorry for Phil, the way they treated him. And when the black team told them they had voted to send Phil home, the way they acted, especially Vicky, no compassion for the other members of the black team......and then to say everyone except him deserved to come back to the ranch, right out loud in front of everyone.......well, like I say what goes around, comes around. But Amy needs to watch her back, cause there's going to be trouble for her with Vicky for sure.

Jen - so cute about Matthew, he sounds like a sweety. I would love for all of us to get together too. What state would be good for all of us. We should start there, each of us listing some states that would work best and then when we have everyone's list, we can pare it down, hopefully to one or two states. Of course, NY would be best for me, lol, but I could do Florida too. I know that would probably work for the people in the south, but probably not great for Jen. Anyway, lets try to at least get a couple of places down.

Es, amiga, thinking of you every day :hugs:

Hi ZoeGirl and Sandy :wave:

Talk to you's soon,

Hugs,
Dianne

Ruth and Diane,
I paused the DVR on the REVENGE note that she is suppose to put up next week.
I saw the first 2 sentences:
1. The fool me once saying
2. I will not rest until that BI*** is out of this house.

It is unbelievable. I have never seen anyone act like this on BL before. I have seen them say small things like that sucks or things like that to the camera but she has never grown up. It is sad and unbelievable.
TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
11-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Okay ladies, I printed a US map....Zoe is in Dallas, Diane and Essie are in New York...so, somewhere in the middle would be Kentucky or Tennesee...which would be good for Jen in Illinois and Teri in Alabama. Anywhere east of the Mississppi is good for me, I figure I'll be flying (never done that before either!!) sooo, I'm anxious to hear where everyone would like to meet.

Jenny523
11-12-2008, 09:46 PM
It's so heartwarming to see everyone wanting to get together!
What about Nashville? That seems to be centrally located, as well as a popular destination w/entertainment.
Spring and summer are a bit tight for me, but autumn 2009 would be great. (We're going on the cruise in Feb., then away again in May to visit friends and family out West).
Of course we'll have to work together. I can be flexible.

Es, thinking of you and sending big hugs your way. :hug:

love you all,
jen

Rios426
11-13-2008, 08:33 AM
My buddies,

Can't say I'm doing fine. I know it's only been a week but I'm still in shock! It all happened too fast. I get Pete's ashes today. I miss him every waking moment. I miss his smile, his laugh, our morning conversation while I would be getting ready for work.

I just want to let you all know I will never leave 3fc's. We have known eachother a very long time & I cherish every single one of you.

I'm going back to work Nov. 24th.

I'll be back soon.

PS Amiga now I know why I always hated Tuesdays...Pete died on a Tuesday.

:grouphug:
Es

dpadro
11-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Oh, Es, amiga, I feel so bad for you. There's no way you could be feeling any different then you do right now. You are missing a part of you - I can't even imagine it. I didn't even realize about the whole "Tuesday" thing, that's really something, the way you always felt about that day of the week.

I pray for you and David every night. I know you are a strong woman and a true believer. You know that if He brought you to it, He will bring you through it. We are all here for you - you're like family - we all are to each other even though we've never met, that's amazing. If you need to talk, just come here or call us. :grouphug:

Hope everyone is well.

Talk to you's soon,
Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
11-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Good morning ladies,

ESSIE, it is good hearing from you...take care of yourself. I had totally forgotten about the Tuesday issue...wow!

Yes, it is amazing how this wonderful friendship has developed over the years. I consider myself a very lucky lady to have you guys. I have a photo on my desk at work of my girlfriends from college...there are 6 of us varying in ages from 26 - 50 (I'm the oldest) and I can't wait until I can add a photo of my internet friends....We have got to meet in the future!!!

Love ya'll!

Jenny523
11-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Es,
The Tuesday coincidence is unreal. I do believe things happen for a reason, or that there's usually a meaning behind things....perhaps one day it will be revealed.
I have to say that when I read your post I was relieved, because you sound as though you're already beginning to heal. You are a wonderfully strong woman, and with the prayers from your family and friends, things will get easier each day.

Joe's been home all week, ill with the flu. We're postponing Michael's bday celebration.
Since I began working for the village in 2004 I've been getting a flu shot every year. I truly believe they work, and have convinced Joe that he needs to get them as well.

~Jen

short & sassy
11-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Good morning ladies, just a quick post before I go back to work. Hope everyone is having a good "op" day! I am still waiting on my clearance for the wellness center from my doctor. I'm hoping that comes through today and I can get that ball on the roll!!

School is keeping me busy these days...its my excuse for lack of exercise...but I am determined to get back at it.

Anyway, have a good weekend and I'll talk to you guys later!

short & sassy
11-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Good morning ladies,

I've been up since 5:30 studying for a makeup exam that I'm taking today. I've got one more chapter to read, then I'm going to take a little nap, study again then go take the test.

I was thinking, that we should plan to meet every year around the same time. Also, we could meet the first year somewhere like Nashville then afterwards possibly meet at one of our hometowns. I would love to show you around North Louisiana, we have great shopping, lots of festivals, good food, communities close by with antique shops and of course the gaming industry.

So let's plan for a central location next year and consider each of us hosting the group in our own territory after that. I just think it would be a great way to get to know each other even better.

Well, gotta go..

Love you guys!

Zoe
11-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Hello my friends!

First, Essie, I am thinking of you every day - did you get my mail? Both of them? Try to take care you yourself and we will all be here when you're ready.....

Now, wow, you's guys have been chatty while I was gone this week. I have been trying to get some Christmas shopping in..........so I've been out a lot.

I too was so glad that Brady was voted off. I don't "hate" anyone but OMG, that Vicky is SO horrible. I felt sorry for Phil too......these season, there are so many mean spirited people. Amy was great but yes, she needs to watch out now......

I'll write soon......gotta run out to the store

Later,

Rios426
11-17-2008, 07:13 AM
Hi Girls,

Zoe, I meant to tell you, you are a very attractive lady. I haven't received
your mail yet but it'll probably come today.

I miss my Pete so much I can't express how much. I'm trying to find a bereavement group for both me & David. :cry:

WHY? I'll never understand. I believe God has our lives planned out. I was always saying something must have happened to me when I was a kid on a Tuesday because I always hated Tuesday. It all came together when he passed on a Tuesday morning. I know some people will say it was a coincidence but I don't think so.

I know Thankgiving is coming but no Thanksgiving for me this year.

I love u's.

Hi Brittany:wave:

dpadro
11-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Es, amiga: I think a bereavement group is a good idea. You will be with people who really understand how you (and David) feel because they've been through something similar. I know that the upcoming holidays will be really hard. I hope you will be with family and friends who love you. Big :grouphug: to you and David.

Fall 2009 sounds like a plan for meeting. It really would be great to finally (after like 9 years) get to meet. I like your idea, ruthie about meeting every year. There was a play once with Ellen Burstyn and Alan Alda call "same time next year". I've never been to Tennesee, so I'm game if ya'll are, lol.

Jen, hope Joe is doing better. I had to go for tests today, becase I was having this strange hot ache in my chest. When I went to the doctor he said my sugar was 368 which is really high, so he wanted to do cardiac/stress tests, etc. Willie and I were in his office for 5 hrs!!! Anyway, my heart is fine, thank God, but my sugar is way too high so I need to work on that. As for the ache, he gave me nexium and if it doesn't help in 5 days or so, I'll probably have to see a gastroenterologist. The doctor feels the main thing is to bring down the sugar. He was kind of funny - he said "you just have to stay away from suger, you know, cakes, cookies, etc." I looked at him like he was from Mars, lol. But, I do have to take care of this and I guess having this ache was a good thing, because I found out about the sugar. Everything happens for a reason.

Hi Terri, ZoeGirl and Sandy :wave:

I'll talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
11-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi girls,

Essie, I agree with Diane, a support group would be a good idea. How is David? He is still in our prayers as are you!!

Diane, hopefully everyone else will be able to set aside a date next fall for us to meet. How does early October sound...maybe the first or second weekend. That would be a great time of year to visit Louisiana someday (perhaps 2010)..we actually have a Tamale Festival in my home town in October (you can probably google Zwolle Tamale Festival) and there is a Arts Festival (google and Red River Revel) in Shreveport during the same weekend, so I we would have lots to do!! LOL

Well, now that you know about the sugar, you have an added reason to say away from sweets and starches. Is this the first time you have been tested high? Sugar is nothing to mess with. Several years ago I thought I was having heart problems, must have been anxiety because stress test and ekg's turned out fine.

Jen, how are you? I too hope Joe is better. How is the weather? It's been pretty cool the last few days. We are actually seeing some Fall colors this year, some years leaves just turn from red to brown!!!Yuck!

Zoe, I can't wait to see BL tomorrow, I'm so hoping that Vicki goes home, but she is playing the game, and she will be more motivated than ever to stay!
How is the shopping going? I've finished mine already. Oh, do you think you will be able to meet with us next fall? We are trying to schedule a get together. Guess it's time we take this friendship to the next level!!LOL

Terri, where are you? Are you still going to the gym regularly. I'm still waiting on my clearance from my doctor.

Well, ladies, I'm off to bed. Talk to you later.

short & sassy
11-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi ladies,

Don't have but a moment...I was so hoping that Vicky would be leaving TBL last night. After I thought about it...I figured Amy felt like Coleen was a bigger threat to her. Anyway...we'll just have to see what next week holds.

Colleen was so cute in the more recent footage!!!

Zoe
11-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi Girls :wave:

I only have a milli-second (is there really such a thing???) but wanted to write about BL last night.....UGH!! Amy had a great chance to get Vicky out of there. It was a chance in a lifetime but I understand what she was thinking.....I just wish Vicky was gone but alas, she is still hanging in there. I can't wait until next week......

and speaking of BL, have you's noticed that I haven't been posting my weight loss in recent posts??? I'm sure you can guess why. :( On a more pleaseat note, Jenna has lost 39 lbs! :D

Es - thinking of you and David. Hang in there sweetie

be back on the weekend.

Rios426
11-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Just popping in to say hi to my friends.

I spoke to my supervisor & told her I'll be back to work on Dec. 1st. Mentally I'm not ready yet but I have to go back eventually.

My brother wants me to go to Florida with him for 3 days but I'm not ready to be around a lot of people. Most of my family lives here but I'm not good company these days.

Let me go & start going through Pete's papers. The bills are starting to come in.

Luv u's,
Es

short & sassy
11-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Essie,

The loss of my father was nothing like the loss of your Pete, but I understand not being ready to go back yet. When daddy past away, I was in my last semester and had 3 months til graduation. I was anxious to get back to my normal routine, not realizing that my realm of normal had changed over the last 3 months prior to his death. For a while I was on an emotional roller coaster...so please take your time and remember we are thinking of you and continuusly praying for you and David.

Terri, guess what...I past through Alabama tonight. Probably will spend the night in Mobile on Saturday or Sunday!! Do you live in the northern part of the state?

Well, gotta go...talk to you girls later.

We love you Es!!! I hope you and David get the support you need. 7 years ago our really good friend (my nephew's mom) from Ohio lost her husband (Bruce's best friend) in a mining accident when he was 43. I remember how hard it was for her to let people in. We were all there when she was ready. She still has her days but it did get easier over time. She never thouht that it would be possible to function again but over time she was able to manage. It is a long process. We are here for you.
HUGS to you and David. Brittany sends all her love to you.

Jen,
I hope Joe is doing better. That is funny about the flu shot cause the only time my mom got the flu was when she got the flu shot. She couldn't go to Brandon's baptism. 1991. She has been scared to get one ever since. She has always been a little weird though. LOL

Zoe and Ruth,
Don't get me started on Vicky. I will say I hate her. LOL I do not want her in the finale as a contestant. I want Renee, Michelle or Amy to win. I am getting so frustrated.

Anyone watching Survivor? The blind side they did on Randy was priceless!!!
When Crystal did not whisper at tribal council I thought I'd split a gut laughing.

Fall would probably be good for me. Nashville would be great. I would love to meet y'all. What a great picture and then I will send it to Womans World magazine with a story. That'd be cool.

Gotta get some sleep.
Terri

Jenny523
11-24-2008, 09:52 PM
I LOVE YOU ALL!
No matter how long I stay away.....when I return, you're here.

Es, it's difficult to find the right words to say to comfort you. I will not let that stop me, however. You mean the world to me. God has, for some reason, chosen you to test, to put through this sorrow. Obviously we don't know the reason for it. Just, please, know that while you're going through grieving for Pete, that we're here for you. Totally. Eventually you will know God's plan. For now, take our hugs and good wishes, and love. Always.

My sister is beginning another round of chemo tomorrow....she's already had it on her breast, lungs, hip, spine and femur, as well as radiation on her breast, spine, and brain. In spite of it all (and 3 bouts of baldness!) she's her normal self. I absolutely cannot believe it. She is planning on coming up to Chicago for Christmas.....fingers crossed. A low white cell count is a concern, as always. She has a chemo treatment tomorrow, is hoping to get some insight into her travelling plans. I cannot believe how she's handling it all. We do have heroes in our daily lives.

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? We'll have our kids here, there are 8 of us....and Iliana's mother, Victoria, is joining us, which makes 9. I'm off on Friday. Brandon and Matthew will spend the night since their parents do the 4 a.m. shoppng thing... I love turkey day weekend!
love you all,
Jen
p.s....let's plan a date for our get together weekend

Jenny523
11-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Okay, this is reply part 2

Dianne,
It must have been a shock to hear that news from the dr. Take care of yourself....

yes, we watch survivor....Terri! OMG it was priceless!!!! No way that he can fool them again, right?????

Rios426
11-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Mi Amiga, what happened? I just read something about the dr. What's going on BF?

Jen, there are no words. When I run into people I can see they want to say something but I quickly tell them they don't have to say anything. Just pray for me & David. We have to find strengh and peace during the holidays.

I told David since we are not celebrating the holidays this year let's see how much nintendo WII will cost on black friday. We both need to lose weight so that will be our cardio & it sounds like fun. He thinks it's a great idea.

I have to go out for a alittle while today. Pick up meds. then go to Social Security. I'm entitled to $225. It's not much but it will pay a bill.

IT'S RAINING & I HATE TUESDAYS!!!!

Hugs
Es

Jenny523
11-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi :wave:

This is one of my favorite nights of the year...prepping for the big dinner tomorrow.
Pies are in the oven and the aroma is wonderful! I wonder why I don't bake more often?? Oh, that's right......cause then I'll eat it all :devil:

I'll watch the somewhat hokey Christmas movies on the Family channel while chopping celery and onions and whatever else I can get done tonight.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow. I'm thankful for having "met" you all and really value our friendships.

Es, a special :hug: to you and David.
love,
Jen

Rios426
11-27-2008, 07:58 AM
My friends, I can't take this, being without Pete. I thought God was going to let me be with him (without suffering) at least one or 2 more months. I was supposed to go to my first bereavement group yesterday but they canceled so I decided to go to bed early. David went out with one of his friends so I felt very lonely I was in bed by 8:00.

I hope you all have a great day with your families. Be thankful for them.
I love you all. You are such wonderful, thoughtful & such a caring group. This is why I hope we never split up. I see you are all planning to get together next year. I can't make any promises but I will try to be there.

Britts have some turkey & dessert for me ;).:hug:

Love always,
Es

dpadro
11-27-2008, 03:22 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY FRIENDS. When I count my blessings, I count all of you.

Es, my heart goes out to you and David - I know the holidays must be extra hard. I hope you spend today with some loved ones. :grouphug: to you and David.

Hugs,
Dianne

Hi all!

Es,
Britt's saw your message and she said OK give me another piece of cake. I will do it for Es! :lol:
I hope yesterday wasn't too hard on you.
I 'm so glad you have a bereavement group. You and David need each other now.

Dianne,
I am so sorry to hear about your sugar. My sister has the same thing. She was so surprised how much sugar was even in the nonsweet foods.

Jen,
Fun. I know you love watching the boys. I don't do that shopping on Fridays.
I would have to save mega bucks to get me out that door at 4:00 and deal with those crowds.

I cooked. We had a new dish this year. I made loaded baked potato casserole. OMG was that good. Was a hit. After dinner we went to see 4 Christmasas. I love Vince Vaughn. It was funny.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

ES,
WE LOVE YOU!

Terri

short & sassy
11-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Hello girlfriends!!!

Essie, I think you will enjoy the Wii once you get it. They are really fun...I have one and should get up off my rear and play it more often. I've really gotten lazy lately!

My heart breaks for you and like Jen, I just sometimes feel at a loss for words. When things are hard, just imagine your friends there with you...our arms around you in a big ole' bear hug!!

Diane, how is your blood sugar? Do you have it under control? There is another web site that Terri told me about that will take your health into consideration, it will plan meals and grocery list, etc....it monitors nutrition, fitness and the best thing about it...it's free. Basically does what weight watcher and some of the other sites do...but doesn't charge a thing. It's Sparkpeople...check it out when you have time.

I hope everyone had a good turkey day. My husband and I went to my moms, she cooked for us and my daughters and boyfriends went down too. Then last night went to Misty's house (stepdaughter) and enjoyed the babies, and afterwards went to check on my mother-in-law.

My m-i-l's health seems to be deteriorating and we are having issues with her soiling her clothes...getting it all over things and then hiding it! The house smells awful...she needs to be placed in assisted living but my brother-in-law...is so resistant to it. Her son's take turn going over daily, washing clothes and beddings and still it isn't any better.

Well, I'm at Barnes and Nobles, working on a project for school...I better get back to it. Have a good weekend!

Jenny523
11-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Starting a new thread..see you on #7!!