South Beach Diet - Wicked Weekend!

View Full Version : Wicked Weekend!

Loriann7
08-23-2008, 08:00 AM
OK, so where is everyone? It's 7, I'm NEVER first to post!

Lets see, dear son called me yesterday and came home for a spell! :) that was nice, but I now know he's in deep need of a good shaking, and humbling. He's in a bad way!

Diet, oops, ds and I went for calzone and I had a small piece with a diet rootbeer. :(.

I will be out walking dogs if rain doesn't kick in.

How are you all?

Ruthxxx
08-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Good morning, Loriann. I was up early but coffee was more important than you Beachies. (Can you believe that?) My son is mid-forties by the way and still needs a good shaking every so often. His wife helps!

The weather looks good for our sale at the Church this morning. I have my baking all labelled and ready to go and out in the car. I was very, very tired yesterday and had a bit of a meltdown but went for a nap and felt better. I guess I need to learn to pace myself better.

I have eggs on the boil for my deviled eggs for the BBQ later this afternoon and will get them done when I get home from the sale. There's a wedding at 2 but I'm going to the ceremony only which clears a bit of time today. Margo and Glen of the Hyper Pypers are coming up to spend the day in the boat and know they are on their own for supper so I need do nothing.

It's chaos around here but it IS organized chaos!

How does your weekend look? Wicked or angelic?

Belle Mer
08-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Organized chaos, LOL. Yep, that's about right!

Good morning, Loriann, Ruth, and everyone else who will show up later.

All is well here, just very busy. Tried the Kashi brand frozen pizza last night. It was okay, but I think I'll just make my own next time with Trader Joe's WW dough.

I cooked a huge batch of food for my dog yesterday, using a recipe from her vet. The kitchen was a mess, and after I made the food, I realized it was SBD friendly - chicken, brown rice, and veggies. So the entire family is on SBD. Now if I could only get that bowl of ice cream away from DH, we'd all be on Phase 2!! LOL

Have a great weekend, all!!

cottagebythesea
08-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Good morning!

Thanks for starting us up, Loriann! I was here, but busy on another forum. :) I'm glad you finally saw your DS, and I hope his life gets straightened out soon!

No rain in our forecast today. It's looking like another beautiful day shaping up. We'll be inside, though, grouting the kitchen backsplash, and we may go out and look at countertops. No buying today, though. We just want to see what they're going to cost. ;) I have a growing mountain of laundry I must see to, too.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend planned!

Pacergal29
08-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Good Morning Loriann, I am here too, I was catching up on yesterdays posts and waiting for someone to start things up. :hug: and prayers for you and your son.

Have to head off to SIL today for a "boxing party" as she is calling it, she is moving and wants help packing, not much of a party if you ask me! ;)

Not sure what I want for breakfast this morning, I'm going to have to think this one through.

Have a great weekend all!

Loriann7
08-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Ruth, I admit to coming in here BEFORE making my coffee! Can you believe that? LOLOL

CyndiM
08-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Good morning Chicks :coffee2:
Coffee maker with a timer - greatest invention ever!

Indigal - thanks for sharing that picture. I've heard about flowers like that. It's beautiful.

LoriAnn - My bff's son is 23 and still in and out of her house and in and out of trouble. She's just preparing herself for him hitting a wall one of these days and hoping he survives it and gets his act together. It's so hard watching them make messes and letting them make their mistakes along the way. :hug:

Ruth - You do more before 6 AM than I do all morning! Glad to hear your chaos is organized.

Belle - We used to cook for our dog. Got the funniest looks when we ran into people we knew at the grocery store - 2 vegetarians with a cart full of chicken :) She loved the stuff though and I'm sure it contributed to her long life.

Cottage - Make sure you get out in the sun for a few minutes today :) Have fun counter shopping.

Pacer - Your SIL is one smart woman!

Now I remember why we don't have parties. I'm just too high strung to throw one without stress. There aren't even going to be that many people because it's an activity filled weekend (3 friends have family reunions, 1 has a wedding, 2 have music gigs.....) but I still need to have everything planned. If the past is any indication there will be too much food, luckily veggie salads I will be happy to eat all week. Too bad there aren't any Chicks nearby :(

Apparently it's time for the cats to run back and forth and slide across the kitchen floor. Have I ever mentioned that I have cartoon cats? Strange little creatures :)

I need to finish my Old Navy order (it's $12 jean day!) then get back to party stuff.

Have a good day all!

Schmoodle
08-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Good morning chicks, just a quick stop to say hello before the busy day kicks in. I'm going to the farmer's market and run my errands before picking up the kids to take to hb riding. Then I plan to clean or cut my grass or something until time to go to the band jam in the park and the movie.

I do want to point out that I moved my ticker. I was down a lb. last week but wanted another before I moved it (yes, I'm greedy). One more week to make our August goals, it will be a challenge! But finally I am in the 170's! Glad the scale cooperated because after passing up all those yummy desserts at the potluck last night, I would have thrown a hissy fit otherwise.

indigal, the pictures you took of the flowers are gorgeous! I've never heard of Christ's Cradle, does it have a nice scent? I love moon flowers which open at night.
Cyndi, have a great party, and thanks for the reminder about ON. I haven't figured out what size I am at that store yet, their sizing is so weird and not consistent, but I wanted to pick up jeans for the kids. I think the kids sizes are $7 today. Love your cartoon kitties!
cottage, when we got our new countertops a year or so ago, we put in Avonite, which I really like. I really wanted Silestone, but I was worried about putting that much weight in the room (it's stone). As it is, I had to reinforce the joists under the kitchen. Good luck finding something awesome!
Stephanie, a boxing party, hmmm... Doesn't sound so fun really!
Ruth, maybe you need to find a wife? I keep telling DH I would like one of my own, and I don't care if she's cute or not, I would be willing to share, as long as she's a hard worker!
Loriann, glad you had a chance to make sure DS is still okay. Shake away.
Belle, I am trying to get the whole clan on board. Not there yet, though...

Yummy breakfast, my mom made some homemade ww bread, just for me. She assures me there's no white flower in it and just a little honey, so I took a couple pieces and am having a very slim slice for breakfast this morning. My mom just can't imagine a world without toast in it, and I'll admit, I haven't had toast in quite a while and it's hit the spot. Sorry if I sprinkle you with toast crumbs. With a little almond butter, yumm...

indigal
08-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Hey everybody! As I write the sun is shining and it's pouring rain! We so desperately need all the rain we can get!

Cindi: Thanks! They really are exquisite flowers, complete with star and cradle, thus the name Christ Cradle.

Ruth: Hmmm...deviled eggs sounds great...Think I need to put some eggs on to boil!

Loriann,Bell Merr, Cottage, Pacergal...:hug:

The rest of ya...yet to check in...:grouphug:

I'm enclosing on the weekend thread this pix of this flower, a Christ Cradle" which bloomed in my yard last night...The bloom only blooms once...and about 9 pm through the night... (I had posted it on Fridays thread, but was one of the last posts)

I've got roasted chicken in the oven, and house guest coming soon, have a great day everyone!

weezle
08-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Gooooooood morning everyone! Oy, I hope today is a better day than yesterday. Both Tommy and Little Guy were absolutely unbearable yesterday. Talk about a case of the grouchies. And they talk about women when we all hit our TOM at the same time! What's their excuse?

Today is going to be a long day. It's Saturday, it's supposed to rain, and we're meeting everyone at Chuck-E-Cheese at 4 for a surprise party for Little Guy. It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. I have challenged Tommy to skee-ball. I'm a bit rusty but I think I can take him.

Ergh, I need some tea. It's too early for the Fairly Odd Parents. Hope everyone has a good day!

Lisa

Pearlrose
08-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Good morning, Sounds like everyone has a busy saturday planned.

My kids are super busy but for once I do not have to run around with them, so other than cleaning house and maybe running some errands I can take it easy. May take DD2 to the pool since my other two will be Lifeguarding all day there.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Kim_Star060404
08-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone. The coffee is hopefully brewing. DH makes Saturday/Sunday coffee since I make it the rest of the week. He's also making breakfast as he usually does on the weekends; skillet eggs, turkey bacon and ww toast.

Loriann: Glad you got to see your son. He sounds a bit like me when I first left my parents' house. From what I hear, I turned out alright! :D I'm sure he'll come to eventually. In the meantime, your shaking will help. Hope you have a nice day!

Ruth: :hug: I'm glad you're doing better today. You've always been twice as busy as I and I have my little breakdowns all the time, its amazing you made it so long without one. And a nap made it better? YOu must share your secrets! ;) Hope you have a nice day and that the sale and wedding go nicely.

BelleMer: What a healthy family! Even the dog is in on it! If there's one thing I've learned about hubby's, its don't take away their favorite snack! :lol: Is the entire family seeing the benefits of SB? Hope you have a nice day!

Cottage: Looking at new countertops - how fun! You'll have to post some before/after pics when you two are all finished with the remodel. It sounds like you are taking your time to get things done properly, so I'm sure it will look great.

Pacer: A boxing party? That's original! At least she has you to help her! I'd tell her she owes me a nice, SB dinner afterwards, but you're probably more generous than I am with your sister! :lol3:

Cyndi: I saw your pic yesterday when I was zooming by to check in and you look fabulous! That shirt is a great cut on you. Wow...you have a lot planned this weekend. Hope it all goes smoothly for you and that you get some time to rest.

Schmoodle: I admit, I love toast as well. I allow myself to have a slice of WW every Saturday morning. I'm glad you enjoyed your bit this morning. It sounds like you have a really busy day planned today! Enjoy!

Well, DH has breakfast ready, so I'll have to come back after we eat to finish saying hello to everyone!

femmecreole
08-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Morning all. Getting ready to rush to the bank and grocery store so no time for personals. Want to hit both before the groceries and batteries etc are wiped out. Looks like TS Fay is going to head right on top of us within the next few days. I really can use a "vacation" day, but not like this. Shouldn't be too bad...just limbs down I hope.

We are supposed to have open house at school on Tuesday and I spent hours last night making this (http://www.vieuxcarre.com/open_house/open_house.html) to wow parents since we are testing and didn't have a lot of time to make cutesy stuff in class. Cute aren't they? Don't let the angelic faces fool you!!!!! Looks like open house will be put off a bit.

Oh, and Mandy, if you see this and you like sushi, go to cate street station and get the ceviche salad. Got one last night and it was amazing.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Kim_Star060404
08-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Okay, I'm back! Breakfast was delicious as usual!

indigal: The bloom is beautiful...what an unusual flower. I'll have to google it when I get finished with this. I hope you have a nice evening.

Lisa: I agree 100%! DH gets cranky about once a month as well! I call it PMS (Pouty Male Syndrome) and he HATES it. :mad: Just makes him more cranky! :devil: Hope Chuck-E-Cheese is fun for everyone and that the little man enjoys his birthday!

Pearl: Sounds like you will have a nice, easygoing day. I hope that its really enjoyable and that you get all your chores done quickly so you can relish in your "freedom" for a bit.

Cat: Your students are a bunch of cuties! Looks like you will have a very fun, energy-filled year! Hope Fay doesn't hit you too bad. Stay safe!

Me: DH and I were supposed to go on a loooong hike today, but there is a 70% chance of thunderstorms in our area and its already started to rain. I'll just get in a long workout dvd in place of the hike. Since we'll be home all day, I'll be cleaning the house up and doing the laundry. I should also go to the office and catch up on stuff, but I think it'll be best to just do that tomorrow after church.

Well, my inspections with boss-man and the state's rep should be over for this year. He has some remote ranches to check but I will definitely refuse to do those. I need my girls to learn the territory!!! He needs to take one of them with him and I'll have enough time and foresight to put my foot down next time.

Well, off to check some other forums. Hope everyone to come has a great, beachy day!

weezle
08-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Kim, I've referred to PMS as Petty Masculine Syndrome, as well.:devil:

carinna
08-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Good morning everyone. I'm hoping for a nice relaxing weekend. Might hit the mall for a bit with BF, or maybe I'll call one of my girlfriends and we can make a day of it. :shrug:

I love these weekends when we really have nothing planned. :D

Hope everyone has a wonderful one!

CyndiM
08-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Cat - I took a break to watch your classroom video. It is sooo cute and welcoming, bet the parents will love it! Thanks for sharing :)

Kim - Glad you survived the visits. Have a fun day with or without rain :)

Okay, back to work for me!

indigal
08-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Wow! Tonight there are 3 blooms on my Christ Cradle plant. I've taken pix and will post more when I download them... probably tomorrow. They have a beautiful scent, my jasmine and queen of the night are filling my compound with the most divine fragrance...

I had a Thai Massage today, I've been jello all day... now time to crawl into bed... Goodnight~

JellyBean32882
08-23-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm having a jealous day.. my sister announced yesterday she is pregnant so I'm gonna be an aunt.. and here I am can never find anyone and be lucky like she is.. one reason why I'm losing weight, the other is because I'm sick of being fat, LOL

Fat Melanie
08-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Loriann, I hope everything is okay with your son.

Ruthxx, you're inspiring, now I'm craving deviled eggs! I think I'll make some for tomorrow's breakfast, it will be a nice change from scrambled eggs.

Belle Mer, whole wheat home-made pizza sounds really good. I'll try that on ph 2.

Hi cottagebythesea, Pacergal, hope your weekend is fabulous.

CyndiM, my cats must be related to yours! My cats are not only cartoonish, but absolutely insane. One snatched a pistachio right out of my pack and had the audacity to growl...

Schmoodle, congratulations on getting to the 170's!

Indigal, beautiful flowers!

Weezle, Pearlrose, hope you guys have a great time with the kids.

Kimstar, hope you had a great time on your hike if you were able to go.

Femmecreole, that was really cute!

Hi Carinna.

Jellybean, congrats on being a soon-to-be aunt! Don't worry, you'll find someone who will appreciate you for you, no matter the weight.

Moi:

Hi everyone, my boyfriend's friend's wife had a copy of the South Beach book! She stopped by the other day so I could copy a kid's movie for her, and she informed me that my DB told her I was on the SBD, and that she had done it once, but it was too strict for her although she did lose some weight.

So later on that day, I thought to myself.. hmm... I wonder if she's still got the book? She did, so I borrowed it today and I'm planning on reading it after I'm done on the 'net. She said she still uses some of the recipes from the book and loves the Sbd 'mashed potatoes'.

Me & DB hit up some 2ndhand shops and I got some books as well. I bought the Atkins book just for kicks, (I do not ever intend on doing the Atkins diet) and to check out some of the more healthier recipes, and some weird book called "Eat Right for Your Blood Type". I want to see what it says. Anyone heard of it? Some sort of diet program based on your blood type. I also got a book called "energy up, high voltage" about a fitness/energy program, so I wanna see what that's all about! Everyone one in the Book thread keeps talking about an author named "Jennifer Weiner", and I saw one of her hardbacks called "Good in Bed", so I snatched it up. The inside cover summary sounds quite promising, a plus size heroine? Cool!! The diet books were all like $1 so I didn't break the bank, I just have different things to read about now, just to inform myself.

We were meant to go to Mt Olive but that never happened so, I'm at home and planning to read, read, read.

zeffryn
08-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Just finished the rather hellacious trip back to Louisiana from Minneapolis. We drove straight through the night, it took about 23 hours including stops.

I'm pooped.

I feel icky.

I just showered, so hopefully the ickies will go away.

I need to run to the grocery store to get some food.....we have nothing and something tells me I'm not going to be in the mood at 7 am when DS is hungry.

I would write more...but for tonight I'm just too tired. More tomorrow. Have a great night, girls.

mandyleigh
08-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Hey everybody!!

It's been a busy/hectic week at work. Thankfully I've been able to distract myself with exercising during lunch. It's great to get out of the facility and go relieve some stress!! Then preps for Fay (as I work at a nursing home and they prepare when a flock of birds fly over) began....but the topper is that our crazy physical therpist resigned....and she's causing all shades of heck on her way out....should be an interesting ride till she finally leaves!!

Cat....I LOVE sushi and can I tell you how hard it's been to stay away from it??? I will certainly try that ceviche salad...haven't been to cate street in a while - gives me a great reason to go! Good luck staying dry with Fay....it's looking like it's falling apart and going further north....keep your fingers crossed!!!! I went to my parents house in Folsom (where they have a generator) just to be safe!! I didn't realize how much residual nervousness I had from K...but man, even with the threat of anything tropical I've been a bundle of nerves....horrible memories.....keep your fingers crossed!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Barb0522
08-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Brian and I had an absolutely wonderful time in San Antonio! There was rain on Tues and Wed where the rides closed for an hour but that meant we had three days with no lines for the rides at all. I rode almost everything but I did send Brian on two of the rides without me. One day we tagged along with another family which made for more fun for everyone. We got back last night just in time to make it to school to pick up his school supplies. That freed up this morning where we spent 5 hours with the troop helping a boy on his Eagle project. We really helped prepare this pre-k school for the start of school on Monday.

We had just made it home from that and all I wanted was a shower and a chance to go to the grocery store when I got a call from the police followed by one from the hospital. Brian's dad (our divorce is not quite final yet) was riding a motorcycle and was hit by a truck. We spent several hours at the hospital this afternoon. He has an open fracture of one leg and one wrist, a chext tube in for a possible collapsed lung and pelvic injuries. He was supposed to have one surgery today and another tomorrow. I called the friends he had been living with and they came up. Brian got to see his dad twice and I'll bring him up again once Robert is more stable. Michael is going to keep me posted on Robert's condition. I know Robert doesn't want to see me (and I really don't want to see him since he hasn't said a non-hostile word in months), but he is still Brian's dad and I wouldn't have wished this on him. He told the police and hospital that we were divorced and he had no insurance but he is still covered on mine so they now have a copy of the card. I hope I don't end up having to pay for the medical bills but we'll just have to see what happens. I'm hearing he will probably be in the hospital/rehap center for several months. I don't know if that will delay the divorce but I am hoping and praying he makes it through the surgeries okay. As a diabetic with high blood pressure who is overweight, any surgery is risky.

Oh, and it turns out he lost his job a month or so ago and then moved. The 27 year old son of the people he was living with moved back home so he ended up moving in with the sister of the mom. I guess he got the motorcycle to save gas. Now the bike is destroyed and I don't think he's even finished paying for it.

Ruthxxx
08-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Good morning! Wow! It's so dark at 6 now - winter definitely is coming!

Yesterday was busy but fun. Church and obedience training today and then some sitting on the deck with a book!

Hope your day is restful.

Edited after reading back:
OMG! Barb I hope the prognosis is not as dire as it sounds. You and Brian don't need any more stress. I'm even managing to feel a little compassion for Robert.

Belle Mer
08-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi Ruth!

Today we're attending church and I'm making lunch after. The rest of the day will be a relaxing one.

Yesterday, we attended a dog show, and it was great fun, but it wore me out.

Obedience training? I'm going to enroll my puppy in a class as soon as I come up with the cash. She's a very obedient dog, but I'd just like to do more with her, and I keep saying I'll work on it one on one, but I never get around to it.

Have a great day!

Loriann7
08-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Sorry guys, not up to personals. I'm SSSOOO exhausted. This guy has kept me up all night. Barking in his crate. And once again he decided to urinate in it, WHILE HIS FOOD DISH WAS IN THERE! I'm about at my ropes end with him!

cottagebythesea
08-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Good morning everybody!

Barb, that's such a shame about Robert! I hope his surgeries go well and he's back on the mend soon! That's an awful thing to hear, especially just coming back from vacation.

Loriann, you must have tons of patience! I know I would have found a new home for that pup after the first couple of days!

Belle Mer, sounds like you have a nice day planned!

Ruth, it sounds like you're managing to have a good weekend, too. I hope you have another restful day!

We're about to go out for breakfast, with a stop at Home Depot afterwards. We found the countertop we want, but now we're checking around to find the best price on it. I decided on a granite laminate that goes on right over the existing countertops. It's a bit mind-boggling to decide on a color, though!
I think the kids will probably be over for supper and a swim this afternoon, and I want to catch the Olympic closing ceremonies.

femmecreole
08-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Morning all. After all the preparations yesterday, luckily Fay was downgraded to a depression. Looks like we are just going to have a lot of water dumped on us until Monday night...under a flash flood watch. My house is raised, so no worries of the house getting any water in it. Looks like I'll be stuck inside all day, so I guess I'll tackle some lesson plans for the next few weeks and try to get ahead. Our grade level teachers each take a different subject and then we copy and paste our plans online and "share" them. My subject is science.

I also have some work to do for a client.

I'm going to put a roast in the crock pot in just a bit and just let the day unfold as it will. snore.

Pacergal29
08-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Good Morning! I have my yoga in this morning and now enjoying a cup of joe before the rest of the family gets up.

Didn't accomplish much cleaning wise yesterday, so that is on the schedule for today. Think I will run out and get some chicken breast and grill up a bunch for dinner today and salads and what not this week.

Barb :hug: for you, sounds like you may have some more rough waters ahead of you.

Have a great Sunday everyone and don't work to hard!

TwynnB
08-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Good morning chicks!

Finally, a day I don't have to work! My husband pointed out I haven't had a day off in 2 weeks...probably why I'm so exhausted. Probably why this cold is kicking my butt, and I haven't had a good jog in a while....too much coughing :(. But today, I think I'm on the mend! Rest, rest, rest!

No plans today except a walk with the kiddos in the "game lands". Good to just get them out and let them explore. Grocery shopping of course! I have to start being better about veggies for snacks!

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!

PS - Barb. Oh, my. I'm so sorry for all this cr@p!! God bless ya, honey. This is some kind of test, right?!? We're all here for you though!

zeffryn
08-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Barb - I'm sorry to hear about Robert's injuries. May he make it through the surgeries and following therapy safely and quickly.

Cottage - good luck with the countertop decision. How exciting! Have fun, girl!

Cat - thankfully it was downgraded to a depression....have fun in the rain, I know we will ;)

I'm about to make breakfast for the family. DH requested hot cereal and bagels. This cold is really annoying. I woke up this morning coughing my butt off and even though I'm still really tired, can't get back to sleep because of it. Hopefully it goes away soon....unfortunately, I'm the type to keep coughs for awhile after all the other cold symptoms have gone away.

Schmoodle
08-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Good morning chicks,
And where is that Matt?
Zeff and Twynn, hope you get a restful day in today!
Barb, I am sorry about what happened to Robert. I too am managing a little compassion for him, but mostly I feel badly for Brian, who must be very upset, and I am worried this will cause more problems and financial issues for you.

Well, I did some cleaning yesterday and there is plenty more to be done today. I need to get the grass cut too and make sure the kids are packed and ready for school tomorrow morning. DS still needs a haircut, so I'll have to get that done. I am tired already thinking about it all! My friend called yesterday and said she may have some steamed crabs to bring over today, so here's hoping! Now that she's got me thinking about it, I may have to go get some if she doesn't. I haven't picked crabs once yet this summer. :(
It will be a fun end-of-summer dinner for the kids.
The band jam last night was really cute. Parks and Rec has been trying to come up with activities for the kids middle school/high school age, and this one was definitely a hit, so I'm sure we'll make it an annual event. They had about 8 bands come and play, and tons of high school kids turned out for it. It also brought out a big crowd for movie on the green, which made the pastor really happy. I hadn't seen School of Rock before, very cute movie!
That's the last of the summer movie series, and I'm relieved because I have a very hard time resisting that popcorn.

Okay, I'd better go eat something and get started on that list! Have a good one chicks and Matt.

Barb0522
08-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the support! I haven't heard anything new which is probably a good sign that he made it through the first surgery okay.

If I didn't have enough going on, I tried to call my older sister last Tuesday to make sure she was set in case the storm bothered Tampa. Turns out her phone was disconnected. I sent a friend over to check on her. She's emotionally disabled and lives on disability. Apparently she has gotten behind on several years worth of property taxes. So I also need to see if I can help make sure she doesn't lose the house we grew up in just because she can't pay the property taxes. I was planning to send her money but I now need to find out if I am responsible for Robert's hospital bills first.

Is it any wonder my blood pressure has been up lately?

Loriann7
08-24-2008, 10:53 AM
((Barb)) sorry about Robert. I trust Brian is taking it like a "little man". Sometimes things like this open people's eyes, and change them! As to his medical bills, even if he's on your insurance, your filing for divorce. I'm no expert, but I would hope it's his sole responisibilty. I'm not sure where you are, but NY has auto insurance for things like this!

And about your sister, I pray she is alright. I wish she'd of told you sooner about not paying the taxes!

Kim_Star060404
08-24-2008, 11:03 AM
If I didn't have enough going on, I tried to call my older sister last Tuesday to make sure she was set in case the storm bothered Tampa. Turns out her phone was disconnected. I sent a friend over to check on her. She's emotionally disabled and lives on disability. Apparently she has gotten behind on several years worth of property taxes. So I also need to see if I can help make sure she doesn't lose the house we grew up in just because she can't pay the property taxes. I was planning to send her money but I now need to find out if I am responsible for Robert's hospital bills first.

I don't know how much info you've received yet on your sister's tax situation, but you're an upstanding citizen, so I assume you haven't been down this road before. :D Also, please forgive me if I offend you, but I'm going to assume you have no information, so I'll just share what I know. :)

In Texas, as long as you sign a contract saying you can afford to send such-and-such amount a month and don't get behind on payments, they can't foreclose. I don't know the laws in FL, but we've got taxpayers in our county who owe thousands and are keeping their properties for $25.00 a month. The only reason I'm saying this is that you could possibly sign a contract there and pay what is affordable for you on a monthly basis and then pay it off when you're sure what is going to happen w/ Robert's medical bills or let your sister pay it off when she's able. I'd call their delinquent tax atty. ASAP on Monday. Foreclosure sales in most states are the first Tuesday of every month, so there's possibly one coming up in a week.

I hope it all works out and that Robert's recovery is quick. Brian needs that most of all.

weezle
08-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Oh good Lord, Barb. :hug: I'm so sorry. Make sure to talk to your lawyer about all this so you don't get stuck with the medical bills. I understand he was your husband and he is Brian's dad, but as compassionate as I try to be, I have little for him right now. I feel for you and for Brian, because I know it's hard. Brian cares for his dad and this is a man you once cared deeply for, but with the anger I felt when this all started, and all the horse-:censored: he's been putting you through, all I have to say is this:

Karma.

I will pray for you and Brian, for sure.

Otherwise, as for me, OY! Yesterday was a "fun-filled" Chuck-E-Cheese kind of day! It's all changed so much since I was a kid. The token machines take VISA now! I was all out of tokens (Little Guy takes forever with all the games and isn't too focused on getting the maximum # of tickets so we took some and split them up amongst Uncle Ryan, Aunt Kara, and myself) so I put $5 worth on my debit card and we got him some more. After several Skee Ball Wars and shooting of basketballs and such, we ended up with (total) 420 tickets! THE MOTHER LOAD! He picked out some play clay, a cheapy checkers set, a giant plastic fly (ew,) and one of those gooey things with a neon hand on each end that when you throw it against the wall, it sticks, but leaves a big slime mark (oops. Sorry Grandma Sandy.)

He made out like a bandit, though! Got a new Transformer, some cars, dinosaurs, clothes (yuck,) remote-control Lightning McQueen, Spiderman flashlight, Spongebob game, Star Wars game, the list goes on forever. Plus he got to meet Chuck-E and dance with him to his own birthday song. Soon as I get pictures from my dad, I'll post them.

He wanted to stay with Grandma Sandy last night, so Tommy and I went out with Abdul since he was in town. Just met up and got caught up on things. It was good to see him. He was here because Obama was here with Biden at the Old State Capital. Won't see him again until he comes home in October.

So Tommy and I got to sleep in a bit today. Going to have some breakfast and then get cleaned up a little. It's time to move all of Grandma's stuff out of her apartment today. Mom and Dad are getting the truck at noon, so we just have to be ready for the call. We're getting Grandma's couch. Should be a ton of fun!

Well, hope you all have a great day! Gonna get some food on. Talk soon!

Lisa

Barb0522
08-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Michael called me while we were at church and said Robert made it through the surgery to close up the open fractures. He's intubated and sedated so he didn't recommend that I bring Brian by today. He said they plan to operate on the pelvic injuries tomorrow morning so I'll have to see if he is up to seeing Brian after school. I did mention to Michael yesterday that Robert's criminal trial for assaulting me is coming up in just over a week so he will need to make sure his lawyer knows about the accident.

Kim - I do plan to call them on Monday. I was able to look up the information about the property online. Wow! I never realized the house was only 870 sq ft. It didn't seem so small when I lived there. It looks like she had gotten tax deeds twice. It just makes me so furious that she couldn't tell me she had problems before all the penalties and interest got so high. I'll just have to see what I can do. I don't know if I'm allowed to enter into any contracts until after the divorce is final so I do need to talk to the lawyer.

I do need to go out and buy school supplies today for the talented/gifted program. I just got the mail yesterday that tells what color folders to buy.

zeffryn
08-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Barb - Since Robert was hit by a truck.....shouldn't the auto insurance be taking care of this? I would look into getting a personal injury attorney...

--

Got most of the stuff from the trip unpacked and put away....I still have to do the suitcase, but I think I might save that for later. The house was so clean last night when we came home, but after unpacking everything it became very cluttered....I spent about an hour cleaning and picking up...*ah* back to clean serenity.

Now, for lunch. DS picked turkey burgers - thankfully I already have some premade in the freezer.

DH needs a haircut, but nothing in this wonderful catholic city is open. I guess he'll have to start school tomorrow with bushy hair.

Pearlrose
08-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Hello Chickies,

Barb :hug: goes to you, I hope everything works out well. Since he was hit by a truck shouldn't their insurance cover everything?? I guess that is not your issue to be looking into, but unless it was a hit and run their stuff should cover.

:wave: hello to everyone else.

We just got back from going to Church, out to eat and then went to local mall. We are going to go the pool for a bit this afternoon and that is about it.

Have to go in to work tomorrow instead of wfh, I have to start doing three days at work instead of just two so I am getting used to that but it's all for a good cause getting promoted in April :) I got accepted into the mentor program at work the luncheon kicks off for that tomorrow I hope they have OP items other than salad. We shall see.

Have a good evening everyone

Fat Melanie
08-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone.

Barb, I am sorry to hear about Brian's father. I hope he is okay and that you are not stuck with the bills. After I read it though, I thought the same thing Weezle posted : karma. Still, he is your son's father so for his sake, I hope everything turns out favorably.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I got on the scale this morning and I saw I dropped another 2 lbs! I was ecstatic this morning. That's not a huge amount or anything, but it was a nice surprise! I may sound geeky, but I love the feeling of being able to come to this forum and change my ticker. Off to do so now. :D

Edit: I'm almost in the 180's now... still have a ways to go, but when I first started in the SB forum, I was 205! And I've screwed up a lot and I still have made it to 191.. that's not an impressive amount but slowly but surely, I'm doing it. :D