Old 08-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #1  
~ The Walker ~

Question Anyone Drink?

Well... its Friday and i would LOVE to have a Southern Comfort & Diet A&W Root Beer... the So Co is only 70 calories per 1oz and the Diet A&W is nothing... so would it really Hurt Me to have ONE? does anyone drink? and IF SO... do you just add it into your Daily Calories?
BuuBuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I drink, but not more than one drink and not more than once a week or so. Unless it completely throws you off your plan, why not? If I think I am going to have a drink on a given evening, I just save the calories for that day -- skip a snack, etc. to make room. I am now a little over a third of the way to my goal (12 lost and 18 to go), and it has been coming off pretty steadily so far -- about one or two pounds a week.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

For me, it stalls my loss, even if I count the calories. But sometimes, I'm OK with that. And you don't know how it'll affect you until you try it.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:11 PM   #4  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I drink all the time, I just make sure I figure it in to my alloted calories. So, if I'm going to have a 120 calorie drink I skip the bread with my meal, or I skimp on something else...I've even been known to miss and entire meal if I want to go to the bar wtih my girlfriends. I'm not saying I'm a poster child for responsible drinking and dieting...but it can be done.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/158/135

Height: 5'5

I like my red wine a little too much ... I drank it fairly regularly this whole ride. Everyone is different and it wouldnt be too disasterous of an experiment!
ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I drink red wine daily. I just add the calories into my total. That being said, I have to be hyper-vigilant in eating very clean with the rest of my calories. No room for "junk". But red wine and dark chocolate are two staples in my diet
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/158/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
I'm not saying I'm a poster child for responsible drinking and dieting...but it can be done.
hee hee
ditto!
ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #8  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I'll refer you to a progress picture of me from June that I posted. If you'll look closely, you'll have your answer...

I don't drink often, but like mandalinn I find that it will stall my weight loss for about a week no matter how much (or little) I have. So, I don't count it since I already know it will have a negative affect on things. I know this makes no sense, but it's what I do.

Last edited by Apple Cheeks; 08-22-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:13 PM   #9  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Some weeks I have nothing, other weeks I'll have a couple of drinks. I guess I'm lucky in that I haven't found that it affects my weight loss.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I drink occasionally-usually a glass or two of good wine. (I am not a mixed drink or beer person.)

You simply watch the portion, and count the calories just like you would in anything else. However, there are a few things that you should be careful of. For example, if you eat an average of 1400 calories a day, you don't want to "save up" your calories for booze on Friday night. You don't want to nibble like a bird all day, eating only 600-800 calories of food, so that you can have 4-5 drinks that evening. NOT good. Eating well, and saving 100-200 calories for a small drink or two is much better.

I have seen way too many Fitday pages where the daily intake was a salad early in the day, followed by pretzels and 5 beers that evening.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #11  
carinna

Yes, I love a drink from time to time, and like the others, I save room for it and I'm usually fine. Did you end up having one?
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #12  
~ The Walker ~

Smile

oooooooooooooooooooooh yea... i had a Nice Glass of Southern Comfort & Diet A&W Root Beer and i was definitely in heaven... i havnt drank in what seems to be Forever... i just happened to really Want one yesterday... i guess its just Life... BUT... Life IS Good...
BuuBuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #13  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Cheeks View Post
I'll refer you to a progress picture of me from June that I posted. If you'll look closely, you'll have your answer...

I don't drink often, but like mandalinn I find that it will stall my weight loss for about a week no matter how much (or little) I have. So, I don't count it since I already know it will have a negative affect on things. I know this makes no sense, but it's what I do.
'bout spit out my drink LOLOL!!!!!!! That is hilarious! hahaha!

I just started having a glass of red wine with dinner. I don't restrict my calories anymore, although I still keep track and keep my fat to 10-20%, so I don't take anything away for it. we'll see how it goes.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Yuh huh!~ In fact I'm sipping on a citron vodka right now (90 cals, well within my calorie plan for the day).

I love good red wine and I like to sip on icy cold vodka (a really well made citron martini will rock my world).

I just make sure I count the calories, as with anything I eat.

Today I'm gonna be over by about 150 cals, but I'm not worried cause I busted my butt at the gym tonight.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #15  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

IF you're a Splenda-consumer, there is an amazing brand of sugar free/calorie free drink mixes out there...Margaritas, Mai Tais, etc.

Check out Baja Bobs. I just made the sugar free margaritas for a girls night, and while it wasn't the best margarita I'd ever had (which wouldn't be made from mix, I'm guessing), it was tasty, convenient, and added no calories on top of the tequila. A great find.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote