Support Groups - McSkinney's Loozing Floozies--August/September (#36)

4myloves
08-22-2008, 01:58 PM
The Floozies are a great bunch of ladies who've come to depend on each other for friendship and diet (and non-diet) support.

If you're looking for a niche and would like to join our group, we'd love to have you give us a try.

gdeann
08-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Thank you for starting the new thread Cheryl sweetie pie!

Deelite
08-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks Cheryl. I thought that it would load up faster but either my PC needs some clean up or the site is slow today.

coles
08-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks Cheryl,
The other thread was getting pretty long.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Deelite
08-22-2008, 06:55 PM
You too Janice.

ShelleyM
08-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks, Cheryl for starting this new thread. Hopefully we can keep it alive and on the main page.

ShelleyM
08-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Janice-Do you have a sparkpage? I did a search and couldn't find one. If you do, let me know, so I can add you as a friend.

gdeann
08-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Where is our sweet Suzie? Is she MIA??? I can't remember, but it seems like it has been severals days since she was around. I thought she had her trips out of the way.

We are working on running a new water pump/well/water line today so will not be checking in much.

Deelite
08-23-2008, 12:57 PM
ANY SUSHI FANS OUT THERE??? We are ordering sushi for Larry's birthday dinner tonight. The kids are coming down. We don't often eat sushi so everyone is excited. I am making a couple of salads, serving shrimp and garlic bread and a home made key lime pie for dinner along side the 70 pieces of sushi. Yummy!

That's a big job Gayle. How come you are replacing it?

Suzy where are you? Gayle is right you are suppose to be home now.

Shelley this spark page is that what you guys are talking about for posting on? I still don't know what that is. Let me in on the secret.
Hey did you get Gayle's surprise? We are waiting....

Janice if Shelley won't tell me what this spark thing is you tell me.
It is cooler here today. Expect cooler weather. Boy what a big change since a couple of days ago.

Cheryl what do you have planned for the weekend?

gdeann
08-23-2008, 01:04 PM
We have a water well about ready to not pump water anymore. The water table is so low here because of irrigation, dryness etc. ALL summer it has been a headache. We have been cleaning filters weekly inside of the house because once the water table drops, the pump picks up bits of sand. Eventually the well will run dry so we are tapping onto another well on the property. This will cost hundreds compared to a new well costing thousands plus we are planning on staying here only until something happens to my mother who lives next door. Soooooooo, instead of a vacation, new clothing etc. we are working on well issues. :-)

Dee, I have never had sushi and probably never will. I can't bring myself to eat anything raw.

ShelleyM
08-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Dee-I will email you with info.

I did receive the surprise and will send it on!! Thanks, Gayle!

We saw Patty and Becky yesterday in Tampa. We got Patty a bit more settled. She is down $6000.00 on financial aid. It is going to be tough getting her through college, but we will make it happen. When we left, people were starting to come for her spaghetti dinner she was hosting. Becky called us later and said practically the whole apartment building showed up to hang out. She actually made the sauce in her dorm, but then moved to the lobby. I'm glad it turned out well. I think she is very nervous on the inside, but not showing it on the outside. She has had major stomach problems since she left home.

Deelite
08-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Shelley I had seen on FAce Book that you went out to visit the girls. I am glad that you were able to go see them. I am not sure who was more excited; you or the girls!
Wow Patty made spegetti for everyone. Great way to make friends. Good for her. Nice idea. I am sure that she must be nervous, Dez was but didn't say much. I couldn't even go with her when she moved away to collage because I had just had back surgery. I felt awful.
How far away is Becky from her?
Money is alway a problem that seems to work it's way out. Try for more grants or scholarships maybe you can get some extra that way.

Gayle we had a wonderful meal last night. The sushi that we order is not raw, it is sticky rice with seaweed and other fillings such as smoked salmon, avacodo, cucumber, mushroom,crab, tempera shrimp, tuna, etc. There is only one that we order raw and Larry is the only one that will eat it. It looked so colorful on the tray. I should have taken a picture but by the time I thought of it we had eaten most of it. It was a fun night. Larry had a great birthday and of course getting gifts helped since he worked in the yard until 3:00 yesterday. ;)
Didn't you have problems with your well last year? I remember you talking about it. I thought that you had put in a new well. You are lucky that you have another well that you can tap into. I should have sent you some of the rain we had this year. We had so much that for the longest time we didn't use the pool.

It is cooler out again today. Larry is out washing his car with all the new toys Dez bought him.
I think that we will go to mom and dad's today. We haven't seen them in a few weeks. We won't be seeing them next weekend as we will be away.

Dez is all hyped to go start nursing school next week. She will be in collage for 20 months non stop except a week here and there after exams. I am happy for her. She is fortunately that she has the metis federation paying for her education and books ( Jay did too) thank goodness for my ancesters. She also had unemployment paying her living expenses since she is going into nursing. That is the only course that they pay you. Plus she has a scholarship for $5000. She might be short a bit but I think that it will work out.

Well better run to see how the car washer is doing.

Love you all.

ShelleyM
08-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Dee-I'm glad Larry had a nice birthday-sushi and all. Dez is very lucky that her college is all paid for. Becky was too. She just lives across the street from Patty in the sorority house. Did you get my email about SP?

coles
08-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Dee- I have never tried Sushi I don't like raw stuff.
Had a nice time at the wedding on the weekend.
I will let you know my sparks page Shelley. Today IS the day I'm getting back on track!!!!!!

Deelite
08-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Shelley, thanks I got your email.

Where do you and Janice post and what is your name? It looks like a great site.

It is going to warm up here again today. The last few days have felt like fall. Now we are back to summer.

4myloves
08-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Jake is 6 1/2 months old. He sleeps in a crib beside my bed. When he turned around 5 1/2 months he started turning over and sleeping on his side or tummy, when I flip him over, right back he goes. I usually wake up once or twice a night and touch him to make sure he's breating, not too hot, you know, the "mommy" things.

On Saturday night when I woke up for one of my nightly reassurances, he didn't feel like he was breathing. I tapped him on the back a couple of times, but he didn't respond. When I put my hand under his stomach and lifted him THEN he took a breath. I rolled him over on his back and he turned over on his side, went back to sleep, breathing normally.

The same thing happened again last night. I felt of him and he didn't feel like he was breathing. I tapped him and got no response, I put my hand under his tummy like I did on Saturday and I got no response, I picked up his hand and uncurled his fingers--when I let go, his hand dropped right back down. (that takes longer to read than it actually took to do!!) I sat up on the side of the bed and picked him up and rolled him over. Then he started breathing OK.

I'm very very worried about this trend!!! I'm so afraid that I'm not going to wake up one night. He doesn't sleep on a cushy surface, but he had his face nose-down on his matress. I've been researching SIDS all morning (I'm sure my boss appreciates that) and it's some scary reading. He just had his 6-month vaccinations on August 20th, but nothing like this has ever happened before that, so I haven't discussed it with his pediatrician.

Have any of you moms ever been through anything like this? Am I becoming panicked over nothing? I don't feel like this is nothing........

Would my pediatrician be able to do anything?

Deelite
08-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Cheryl don't hesitate to call the doctor. No question is a silly one and being that he is a premature baby I certainly would check it out. I am concerned. Please don't wait til tomorrow. Call now!

gdeann
08-26-2008, 12:14 AM
I agree Cheryl, have him checked out ASAP. There is no such thing as a silly question when it is something as serious as this could be. Who knows, he may just be a heavy sleeper or it could be something serious, have him checked out right away. Please keep us updated!

ShelleyM
08-26-2008, 06:36 AM
I agree with Dee and Gayle, Cheryl. Get him checked out. Hopefully, he is a very heavy sleeper.

Dee-I am smaree123. Check out my sparkpage, and you will see the teams I am on. Also, I sent you a little surprise in the mail yesterday.

SuzyMc
08-26-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm sorry everyone...I really didn't mean to be MIA. I guess I've been feeling sorry for myself and haven't been doing much of anything. My heel problem turned out to be plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation of the "tendon" that runs from the heel to the toes. Treatment includes rest (no unnecessary walking), anti-inflammatory drugs, good shoes, and losing weight. It could take up to 6 months to see improvement! How am I supposed to lose weight without walking?

Cheryl~I agree with the others...call the doctor and have Jake scheduled for some sleep studies! It could be that he has sleep apnea or some other breathing problems. There are things that can be done, including a sleep monitor that will sound an alarm if he should stop breathing.

Deelite
08-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Suzy it doesn't hurt your feet if you lift weights or swim. You know that for your health you have to drop a few pounds so get to it girl. You can do it.

Shelley I will check out your page and I am looking forward to seeing what you sent me. I hope it isn't a cold or flu. ;)

Gayle any caching lately? We haven't register some of ours but we have been out there looking. I found one on saturday by Dez's house. She looked for over an hour and I went to see if I could find it and I found it in less than 30 seconds.

Cheryl have you talked to the doc?

4myloves
08-26-2008, 02:19 PM
I called the Dr. yesterday and took Jake in this morning. After I explained what was happening, she asked me what steps I had to take to make him start breathing again. I told her what I told you guys and she said that she thinks since he started breathing on his own that he's just a really sound sleeper and that he's breathing so slowly and deeply that it's hard to tell that he is. She told me that the next time that happens I need to turn on the light to make sure he still has good color. They checked his O2 levels to make sure they were at a good level and they were.

She told me I'm not being paranoid at all, that it's good that I scheduled him. I'm glad I did, too, but I'm sure I'll still check up on him (often) at night until my mind is at ease.......You know, until he's 18 or so.

4myloves
08-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Shelley, did you register your gift before you sent it on??????

gdeann
08-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Thank goodness the doctor wasn't that concerned. I would watch him Cheryl, and like Suzy said, there are different devices he could wear to see what the true problem is. Could whoever cares for him during the daytime take a day or two and really watch him as he sleeps? You got a bunch of aunties here concerned about our little Jake.

gdeann
08-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Suzy, I hope you feel better soon! Sore feet are no fun at all! Have you ever tried using a gazelle from walmart? It is low impact and one gets the same benefit as from walking/running. Mine is working perfectly as a clothes hook... guess I better haul it out and start using it!

gdeann
08-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Prayers for Allison please! She suffers from seasonal allergies which flair her asthma up. As of today she is only blowing 86 on the peak flow meter when it should be close to 300! This is critical and I hope I see a change tonight. This flareup was very sudden and unexpected, I think with the stress of school beginning, schedule changes and allergies, it all hit at once. We are in the aggressive stage of treatment, Advair 3X daily and Predisone 2X daily, breathing treatments etc. Please say a little prayer for Allie in hopes she is feeling better soon. THANK YOU!

SuzyMc
08-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Gayle ~ You know Allison is in my prayers! May God hold her in his healing hands and help her to breathe easier.

Right now my feet hurt so bad that I don't even want to consider doing anything more while standing than I absolutely have to. Swimming would be a good alternative to walking, but this morning it was only 46 degrees...not quite pool weather!

gdeann
08-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Can you swim with a parka Suzie??? LOL!

ShelleyM
08-27-2008, 06:48 AM
Cheryl-Uh Oh! I didn't know I had to. I messed up!!

Suzy-I had a severe case of PF on my right foot that prevented me from running for a long time. Now I have it on my left foot, but I wear a night splint and it really helps and enables me to run again. I wear a Strassburg sock. www.thesock.com

gdeann
08-27-2008, 09:05 AM
No biggie Shelley! Cheryl or I could go and register the gift. :-)

SuzyMc
08-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Gayle, too funny! Swimming in a parka! :lol: How was Allie feeling this morning?

Shelley, I knew you had problem with your heels, but wasn't sure what the problem was. I do have some stretching exercises and the doctor did mention the possibility of night splints if things don't start to improve in a few weeks.

gdeann
08-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Allie was better this morning, thank goodness! The miracles of good drugs and triple doses! LOL!

Deelite
08-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Gayle thank goodness she is better. This is the first time that I read about her and I was worried. Give her a hug for me.

coles
08-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Gayle - glad Allison is feeling better.
Suzy - it might seem like you heel is never going to get better but it will eventually. Mine took about 3 months to go away. I know how you're feeling right about now.
Cheryl - glad that you took Jake to the doc. You must have been scared to death. I would still keep an eye on him.
Better get to bed soon. Have to be to work at 7 tomorrow morning.
Night All.

ShelleyM
08-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Gayle-Good that Allison is feeling better. Can you please register the gift for me? I'm so sorry I didn't look close enough to do it. It seems I am so rushed these days and don't pay enough attention to anything.

Janice-How is the eating going?

Suzy-Stretching really helps also.

Dee-Any spark yet?

Cheryl-I told you Jake might be a very sound sleeper, but it was better to check it out thoroughly.

SuzyMc
08-28-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm glad that Allison is doing better...Prednisone is good stuff!

4myloves
08-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Shelley, whoever you sent it to will have to be the one to register it for you--the site blocks the information needed to register it. It will just have traveled REALLY FAST!!!! :lol:

ShelleyM
08-29-2008, 06:42 AM
That would be Dee!

Deelite
08-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I guess I will have to wait to see what you are all talking about. ;)

Shelley I have looked a bit at the Spark website but it has been so nice outside I haven't been on the computer much. I will sign up for sure because it looks really great.

Yesterday I spent the whole day in emergency. I woke up with really bad chest pains and when I took a deeper breath I was short of breath.
Heart attack was ruled out. My lungs are clear and no blood clothes. They aren't sure what it is but it could be inflamation of the catiledge between the ribs. It hurts today but not as bad. I started taking an anti inflamitory so that might be what is working.

We are scheduled to flight out tomorrow for the long weekend. We are flying to hamilton and then driving down lake ontario to New York. Larry has a friend from work that has wanted us to come and visit for years. So here we go. We are also spending a monday and part of tuesday in Niagra Falls. We fly out at 5:00 tuesday night.

Janice where abouts do you live. Will we be close by? If so maybe we could meet for coffee. Hey wouldn't that be neat.

gdeann
08-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Take care Dee! Could it be something like plurisy? (sp??) I hope the flight doesn't bother you. {{{HUGS}}}

Deelite
08-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Shelley I got it. I will send it to someone after I am done with it.

I hope you all have a great weekend. By the way do you American Ladies have a long weekend?

gdeann
08-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Man, the postal service was really fast getting Shelleys package out to you Dee! We have a holiday weekend here, Labor Day on monday so most people are not working.

gdeann
08-30-2008, 04:42 PM
If I'm not around for a few days it's because we are having cable/internet issues. The cable guy won't be out until next Friday and we keep losing our net access. Steve can go mess with it and usually get it running again. But just in case he can't get it up and running, you'll know where I'm at!

ShelleyM
08-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Dee-I hope you are feeling better and that you have a good flight.

Gayle-I hope you are able to stay on.

I hope none of you experience anything from Gustav. I really feel for the people preparing for his approach. We are getting tons of rain today, I think probably from the storm.

SuzyMc
09-02-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm busy this week getting ready for our guild's quilt show. I spent the whole day at the gallery yesterday going up and down ladders hanging quilts and can I ever feel it today! My heels were just getting so that I could walk a bit without sharp pains shooting up my legs and I'm afraid that I am back to square one now. :( Today I'm sitting on my bum all day and using ice, so hopefully that will help.

How are you feeling Dee?

Gayle, I hope you can get the internet issues worked out soon!

Is your weather clearing Shelley? What about Hanna? And now I hear there is Ike and Josephine looming in the distance. God bless everyone in the paths of these storms!

ShelleyM
09-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Suzy-Not sure what will happen with Hanna, Ike and the other one lingering out there. Right now, the weather has been fine.

Going to Panera's this afternoon with the office crew. I love the summer strawberry salad. So low in calories and delish!! I am down almost 10 lbs!! I am getting tons of compliments and feel so good about myself right now. It's amazing what a couple of lbs does for the head!

coles
09-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Shelley - Congratulations, I am so proud of you 10 pounds is amazing. You were already tiny. You deserve those compliments.
Dee- Hope you are feeling better and had a good time on your trip.
I was working all weekend and only checked in this morning. I live probably about two hours from Hamilton.
Have a good day all.

gdeann
09-03-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkk! did ya miss me? :-)

We are up & running again! I am sooooo happy & sooooo addicted!!! :-)

I luv my puter & my friends on the net!!!

Gayle doing the happy dance!!!

gdeann
09-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Shelley, you are amazing! I bet you need to stay right where you are and not drop anymore weight. YOU TINY LITTLE THING! My one thigh weighs more then you do! I love a strawberry salad with a bit of purple/red onion, the flavors combine so well. If I do not have strawberries, cantaloupe works well too...with a Raspberry Vineagrette....salad Heaven!!

Deelite
09-04-2008, 12:34 AM
hey Ladies I am back too. Got back last night. Today the phone rang off the hook. You think I was gone for a month or two. I had people that seldom call call today.
I was trying to be busy and unpack and bake my dad a carrrot cake for his birthday. I finally put it in the oven at 4:00. We were leaving at 5:30 so that didn't even leave cooling time for the icing. I packed it on ice and put it on at their place.
It is hard to beleive that my dad is 76. Time goes by so quick.

Time for bed. I will tell more about my trip tomorrow.

xox

ShelleyM
09-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Gayle-I don't feel skinny. It's that self image thing that we people have. Isn't that how we all got together in the first place? It's so hard to look in the mirror because I still see a large person.

gdeann
09-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Shelley, the difference is, I look in the mirror and see the fat because I am heavy. You are far from overweight my dear. you are a great mom, wife and friend and we all love you regardless if you are 500 pounds or 100 pounds. You are a fantastic human being who God has gifted us with, please look in the mirror and try to see the person all of us do. {{{HUGS}}}

Deelite
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Shelley I totally agree with Gayle. You are a wonderful skinny person stuck in an image of a fat lady. You are not fat Shelley, listen to the comments you are getting. People are telling the truth.

Janice I would have loved to catch up with you this weekend. Maybe there will be a time where we can connect. I think that would be fun.

I had a wonderful trip. We lunched by lake side restaurants as we drove from Hamilton to Rochester NY. We drove a new sky convertible trying to spot all the orchards. There was peach, apple nectarines and lots of grapes. MMmmm yummy! We spent 8 hours cruising Lake Ontario on a boat, viewing harbors, watching sail boats, spotting chimney rock formations (formed by glaciers), and we stopped by a beautiful restaurant accessible only by boat and had seafood. We finished the day off by watching the sun go down and then in search of a Geo cache. The next day we drove along the lake back into Canada. We stopped off at beaches, harbors, an Amish bakery for peanut butter oatmeal cookies (best cookies Larry ever had). They did not have electricity and lived in a log cabin. When we arrived at Niagara we seen the falls on both the American and Canadian side. After that we viewed the beautiful gardens at a park and then went to see 2000 butterflies flutter around at a butterfly conservatory. Wow! There were big blue ones and big green ones and lots of others. They would even land on you. Next we checked into our hotel and walked the strip where all the action is. We were down by the falls when the lights turned on. How awesome. After that we dined at a wood burning pizza dinner that had a guitarist play.
The next was our last day. We woke up bought a coffee and brought some of those wholesome cookies down to the falls and just enjoyed. Just as we were packing up our stuff Larry decided to check out the pool. It was outside in the hot morning sun so we took a quick dip to cool down. Our last excursion was to an African Safari. Was that ever cool. We drove through the park while moneys jumped on our car, and large birds trying to pecked at us through our windows. We saw the gentle elephants bath each other. Lions sunning themselves within feet of us, rhinos, giraffes, and lots of other wild animals.
We had an awesome fun filled time.

Deelite
09-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Have a great weekend Ladies!

ShelleyM
09-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Dee-It sounds like it was wonderful. You always have the nicest trips.

Deelite
09-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks Shelley! We really had a lot of fun and enjoyed the moment.

gdeann
09-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Shelley, stay safe! I just read were Ike has gained strength again.

coles
09-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Shelley - do you get used to the hurricanes? aren't you panicked every time. I worry about you when this bad weather is happening. Stay safe my friend.

SuzyMc
09-07-2008, 01:29 PM
I've been doing some soul searching and came to a sort of realization this morning (after stepping on the scales and seeing a number I didn't like and liking the person I saw in the mirror even less). For the last year I have put my life on hold and have just been going through the motions doing only what I absolutely have to do to get by. I haven't exercised, my eating is out of control, I have no energy or motivation to do anything more than I have to. Several trips to the doctor show that there is no medical reason for these symptoms and I am in good health, so is it all from grief, depression, self-pity, the beginning of menopause...I don't know the reason, but I do know that I'm tired of feeling this way. It's time to put on my big girl panties and make some changes...I don't like this person that I've become. No one can make these changes for me...I know it's something that has to come from within, but I am really going to try. I don't think I can do it all at once, but hopefully one step in the right direction will lead to another and soon I will be back to "normal". So there, with that said, I also want to add my apology...looking back over the last year I can now see that not only have I not been very good to myself, but I haven't been very good to my friends and for that I am truly sorry! You all mean so much to me and I really don't know how I would have survived without your friendship. Thanks for not giving up on me!

Deelite
09-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Aww Suzy I love you. Let us know what we can do to help you through. Making a new habit takes three weeks ( I think that is what I remember, ask Dr Phil).
You can do it. We are behind you and will get you to a better place.

ShelleyM
09-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Suzy-Dee said it before I had a chance. It takes 21 days to make a habit. I always try to do something at least 21 days before I give it up. It really works for me. Also, have you joined Sparkpeople? It has a great support system.

coles
09-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Suzy - It was hard to read your post and see you beating yourself up. You are a wonderful person and we love you and are here for you. I think we all have ups and downs and sometimes its hard to get back to where we want to be. You have had a rough time this past year and did what you had to do to get through. Its a new day. Just know we are here for you when you need us, vent, and let it out.
Shelley - I have tried to find you on sparks, what groups do you belong to? I belong to a group called JJ sisters I thinks its a private group.

SuzyMc
09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Thank you all SO much for your support and kind words! I think just thinking over the past year and putting it into words here has helped. Isn't it said somewhere that just realizing the problem is half the battle? I told myself last night before going to bed that today was going to be different and I got up at 7 and got right on the treadmill (only for 15 minutes and at a beginners pace because I'm still nursing my heels) but I did it! I also went back to counting calories and even resisted the urge to bake brownies for an after school snack for the girls...celery sticks and peanut butter will be healthier for them too! Day 1 is underway...20 more days until it's the normal way of life!

Dee~It sounds like you had a wonderful trip! The next time you come in this direction you'll have to let me know ahead of time. I am just only 2 1/2 hours from Rochester!

Shelley~I understand what you mean about still seeing a fat person when you look in the mirror. Even when I was down to 145 and people were telling me that I was too skinny I still saw the 175 pound me when I looked in the mirror. I remember commenting that I understood then how people could be anorexic. I think there's a very fine line there, that we need to be careful not to cross and we need to find a healthy number and not go above or below it.

I'll look into SP, but honestly I'm happy here. I enjoy our small group...it's comfortable.

4myloves
09-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Suzy,

I'm glad you've "found" your soul after some searching, but I truly believe you are being so harsh on yourself. You have been through a lot this past year- and-a-half or so and you shouldn't negate any of that in your way of thinking. Our brains are like our bodies--we need time to recover from traumatic events. It sounds like you've reached the point in the grieving process where you are ready to reclaim your life--don't let that feeling lead you into a guilt trap, it is OK for you to let go of some of your hurt.

You have two beautiful grandchildren to look forward to and enjoy. Travis will send you a ton of pictures, I'm sure.

We love you and we want you to be happy and healthy. Remember that we are always here for you. :hug:

Cheryl

P.S. Have fun with the menopause ;)

Deelite
09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Suzy I didn't realize that you were that close. That would have been so much fun getting together.
Good positive thinking, you can do it.

Today is a cool day out here. I am actually thinking of turning on the furnace. Brrrr.

I have to run out to the store. The kids will be coming down for dinner tomorrow and I want to get some of the cooking started.

Have a good day ladies.

coles
09-09-2008, 09:15 AM
MENOPAUSE SUCKS!! I have not had a period in over a year. I do have sweats, hot flashes, etc. My Mom died at 44 of breast cancer so I refuse to take hormone replacement therapy. I take black cohosh and red clover, they help. Just venting.

gdeann
09-09-2008, 10:22 AM
I think I am pre-menopausal just by different things going on with my body/mind. With all of this fun, I can't wait until menopause! FUN, FUN!

Cheryl, see what excitment you have to look forward to? :-)

Suzy, I am right there sister! I start out the day great, but by midday, I have a stinky attitude. My day depends on what is happening at the time. It's hard for me to say motivated when I am surrounded with illness, death and family issues regarding siblings. All I want to do when I get off work is swing by and pickup a bottle of wine or some fast food. Really healthy for me, huh? I am having a hard time getting my act together. I wish I had the displine I see here with some of our friends regarding healthy choices, excercising etc. Don't be so hard on yourself, you are one of the persons I just described, you can always stay so in check with things once you set your mind to it. {{{HUGS}}}

Deelite
09-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Gayle {{{HUGS}}} to you this morning. What we all need to remember is that our ideal goal isn't to look model sexy, it is to be healthy and live long so that we can be with our love ones. We can make smart choices is little ways that will improve our overall health. After the 21 days it is a habit then you can pick another thing you need to work on. There is no hurray, this is a life time battle.
I challenge you to choose something that you would like to work on in the next 21 days.

SuzyMc
09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Cheryl ~ Go ahead and laugh! You have the terrible twos, tweens and teens to go through and THEN you hit menopause! They way I look at it, I figure I'm more than half way home! :lol:

It's funny Gayle...I had the same conversation with my sister yesterday afternoon. She also works in a nursing home and called in tears yesterday. They have lost 7 residents since the beginning of the month. Normally she handles it ok, but the one who passed yesterday was a favorite and it all caught up to her. I told her pretty much the same things that she had told me the other day when I was unloading on her. So my point is...what it all comes down to is that we all need to take our own advice and just do what we know has to be done.

Dee's challenge is a good one! Let's all pick something to work on (big or small) for the next 21 days...just 21 days and see if it makes a difference. It's only three weeks...a lot of us give something we love up for Lent and that's 40 days...21 days should be a piece of cake. Ok, let's not say piece of cake, but you know what I mean! ;) By the last day of September we should all have a new habit firmly in place!

My 21 day challenge is to get my eating in check! I won't say "no sugar", but I will say that I will limit my sugar and keep my calories around the 1200-1500 mark per day.

I've got a jump on you all though because I started yesterday and I stayed on track all day. I even limited myself to one small cookie at a quilt meeting last night!

coles
09-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Okay Suzy - you said it right on for me - CAKE - I love cake! Lately I have been buying 1/2 cakes and eating the whole thing myself in one day. I especially like birthday cake. then carrot cake, then black forest cake and so on and so on. When are we starting this 21 day challenge? Cake it will be for me. Or maybe I should say sweets in general what do you girls think?
I am a sweetaholic.

Deelite
09-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Remember it doesn't have to be a big change. If you choose something that is to hard you will give up. It is better to make little changes than taking big leaps and not making it.

I will think about it and post when I have decided.

Good choices Ladies. Cut down those sweets.

gdeann
09-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Suzy, this must be a bad month at nursing homes! I have visited the funeral homes more then I desire too! They were so busy the other day, I was doing hair out in the hallway.

Cheryl!! HA! HA! Suzy gotcha! I forgot you have terrible 2's to get thru...3's are worse in my opinion. Regardless, I will take menopause anyday!!! Ha, ha, ha!!!

Ok.....I'm with you girls on a challenge...I just thought of what Suzie mentioned this morning about how some of us give stuff up for lent...I'm thinking, I'm thinking.... WINE! I will give wine up for 21 days! I hope the car can steer clear of a liquor store for the next month. If I don't buy it, I'm fine. It's just getting past the desire to buy it and then if I have it at home, I drink it.

Deelite
09-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey Gayle you still buying wine? I thought that you made your wine. Maybe it is a good thing if you haven't been making it lately or you would have to much temptation!
If you are really honest you don't want to give it up forever but maybe you can allow yourself wine on saturday.

Same with you Janice. You know that you don't want to give up sweets totally so why not pick a day that you can have one piece of dessert and not the whole cake!

SuzyMc
09-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Janice ~ I know what you are saying...I ate a bag of Milano cookies by myself at one sitting the other day. :^: That's when it came to me that I really needed to make some changes!

I would just be setting myself up for failure if I said "no sugar", so like Dee suggested, I'm just going to limit my sugar and monitor my calories. I know I can't give up sugar totally, but I sure don't need to be eating a whole bag of cookies at one sitting!

gdeann
09-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Dee, sad to say, if I have a bottle of wine in the house, I will keep sipping it until it is gone. I like a certain box wine, so all of a sudden instead of a bottle, I have a 3L box in the fridge! I have a kit ready to make but we have been way too busy.

I am going to add somthing to my goal also. Each day I am going to post something I am thankful for. Feel free to join in!

Today I am thankful for having the ability to have net acess. All of a sudden, my small world became huge and I have gained so many friendships I would of never had otherwise.

SuzyMc
09-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I have the same problem with sweets/junk food...I don't have a problem if it isn't in the house, but if it's here I will eat it until it's gone!

21DC Day 1 Report ~ I had good day yesterday...no sugar or junk food whatsoever! I didn't get on the treadmill though.

Today I am thankful for my husband...even if he does leave the bathroom in a mess every morning! :lol:

gdeann
09-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I am thankful for my home today. It's a simple little house, nothing special, but we are able to live comfortably without the fear of being too cold/hot and we have shelter from the elements.

GREAT JOB SUZY!

coles
09-10-2008, 09:04 PM
I am thankful that my arthritis is under control and I can do a lot of things that were really hard for a while.

gdeann
09-10-2008, 09:21 PM
I am also thankful for our sweet Cheryl who will start us a new SEPTEMBER thread because this one is getting to long. Hint, hint...

Deelite
09-10-2008, 11:29 PM
My goal is to journal for the next 21 days. I actually started monday so I don't really have 21 days. I need to remember that I need to journal even the cookies I eat.

ShelleyM
09-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Wow, where have I been? I am glad to see everyone is trying a 21 day habit. I can't think of anything health wise right now because I am journaling, exercising, eating right. Actually I really need to start with weights, but I don't want to just yet until I am shown the correct way to use them. Maybe I should not speak badly of myself for 21 days.

Janice-I am smaree123. Do a search. When you find my sparkpage, all my teams are on there. I am the leader for the Charlotte, Collier and Lee Counties Fl Sparkteam, I am on the LA Fitness team and a few more. I will try to find you too!

Suzy and Gayle-Hugs to both of you!!

Dee-They have water aerobics at my gym. I might try it sometimes, if I can get into a bathing suit without being too self conscious.

coles
09-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Shelley - I bet you look like a Babe in a bathing suit. I am 185 pounds and still wear a bathing suit. It is what it is!

SuzyMc
09-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Shelley ~ I think not speaking badly of yourself would be a great new habit to acquire!

How did everyone do on Day 2? I had an ok day. I did get on the treadmill, but we ate dinner at a local diner which has very few, if any, healthy choices. I ended up getting a grilled chicken sandwich and iced tea (skipped the fries...yay for me!), so not totally terrible and I think I stayed within my calorie limit.

gdeann
09-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Shelley, how about every time a negative thought pops in your head, you change it to something else that is positive?

I won't be starting the challenge until Friday, but then I will be set to go! I am going to continue the reasons to be thankful.

I am thankful today that I am able to take my mother out of town for her annual heart exam with the specialist. 3.5 years ago not even the doctors expected her to live. My brother is going along, which will need for me to practice patience and the biting of the tongue. I will be very thankful if I make it home tonight without losing my temper all day! LOL!

4myloves
09-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I am thankful for my wonderful Floozie family.

I am SO thankful for my handsome baby boy.

I am going to join in on the 21-day challenge; I am going to start journaling my food intake again (counting calories). I'm back up to 250, which is a 4-lb. gain. I stayed at 246 forever, and I guess I thought the scale wasn't going to go back up and I got lax. Gotta get going again!

Someone wants a new thread, eh? :devil:

SuzyMc
09-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Woohoo Cheryl! I'm glad you're joining in! It's really motivating to see that everyone is joining in! Together we can do anything!

coles
09-11-2008, 01:47 PM
I am not starting until Wednesday next week. The Biggest Loser show starts Tuesday night. I plan on doing the program the same time as they are. Weigh ins will be Tuesday.
I did drink 6 glasses of water today and walked for an hour.
I am thankful to have time to work on Me.

Deelite
09-11-2008, 02:38 PM
3083 Hours 23 Minutes 33 Seconds

Deelite
09-11-2008, 02:39 PM
129 days!!!!!

coles
09-12-2008, 08:40 AM
i AM THANKFUL FOR ALL YOU GIRLS. YOUR SUPPORT, UNDERSTANDING, LOVE AND HUMOUR MAKE MY LIFE BETTER.

gdeann
09-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Hmmmm....let me guess! Our "little princess" must be counting down the days to her next tropical holiday?????? :-)

Janice {{{THANK YOU}}} I enjoy having your support & friendship too!

Today I am thankful I dumped the rest of the wine down the drain this morning before work. I knew if it was still in the fridge tonight, I would drink it.

SuzyMc
09-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Good for you Gayle! That was the hardest part...I wish I had the willpower to do that with the cookies!

gdeann
09-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Call me weak, but I KNEW it wouldn't last long if it were still here in the fridge after work. I can't resist it, sad to say. So far, I'm on plan all day long too!

Deelite
09-13-2008, 12:45 PM
3037 hours : 21minutes : 38seconds : 127 days til PV.

Gayle you are a smart cookie. You win the prise! Want to come?

Gayle I am like you I can't keep my red light foods in the house. If I have some I try to hide them but that doesn't work if they are my favorite. Or sometimes I send it to work with Larry or get the kids to take it home with them.
Good for you for not keeping the wine.

I have journaled all week. It really keeps me accountable. I haven't gainned weight but some of my food choices have not been good.

Larry left this morning on a bus tour with Jay to minneapolis to watch a football game. They will be gone til monday night. I guess it will be me that will have to do garbage day on monday ;)

I am going to give my girlfriend a call right away so we can go for a walk. It should keep me out of trouble for a few hours.

Enjoy your weekend.

gdeann
09-13-2008, 01:58 PM
You lucky little turkey! I would LOVE to go with you! MAYBE one of these years! Something else always comes up to take the money & time. We are still tossing around the idea of a trip but not for another year or so.

Today I am thankful for my animals here at home. They provide our family with hours of enjoyment and conversation. Steve isn't too sure about being married to an animal lover but slowly he is swaying to the dark side! LOL!

Deelite
09-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Gayle that would be wonderful if I could meet you one day in PV.
How is Liz doing? Are you adjusting or is it still really sad for you? I am sure that there are times when you must just wish she was there.

Shelley how about your girls? How are they doing? By the way I don't remember what they are taking in school, what are they taking? How long before they are done?

Suzy your DIL's must be looking so cute by now. I am sure everyone is anxious for the babies. granny Suzy. I was telling Larry how you would have 4 grandchildren by the end of the year and that we were the same age. He was floored.

Cheryl what stage is Jake at now? Is he starting to crawl around and get into trouble? How has his sleeping been? Is he still scaring mama by now responding to your touch when he is so still?

Janice do you work all weekends? You are so lucky to be living near the lake. We loved driving from Rochester to Hamilton on the lake. Wow you are lucky. No excuse not to walk with such a beautiful track. how is hubby feeling? Did you find out what is wrong?

A close friend of mine from the Y left for Europe this morning. She will be gone for a month. I am going to miss her and her husband. I think that we adopted them as a replacement for Baba and Papa. They are an older very loving couple born in Poland. They have no children or family here in Canada.

I am finding the evenings long without Larry. Weekends are the worst. He will be home around 8:30 monday night.

I can't remember if I told you how my appointment went at the pain clinic.....if I did just skip this as I am not always here.

My MRI results are.....I have some scar tissue on a nerve in my back from surgery. It is causing some back and leg pain. They could operate to remove it but that also means that there would be some scar tissue from that surgery. I also have a bulging disk. Then they seen that my verebras are degenerating. They said that a 40 year old back usually doesn't have any degeneration. If it happens it starts in your late 60's or 70's.
So now they will do a lumbar rhiotomy on me again. Last time they did just the three needles and caterization on one side. This time they will do all six but will give me something to relax. The big day is Sept 23. This hurts real bad so I hope they give me enough meds so I don't feel it.
Then they will probably give me injections for the pain in my leg in a couple of months.
They said that the worst thing I could do is to not be active.

My tummy is grumbling...it is time to get my breakie.
I have been journaling all week. It sure keeps me in check.

ShelleyM
09-15-2008, 06:45 AM
Dee-You have had so many problems with your back. Mike has the same type thing you do, but won't have surgery. He just lives on pain pills. PV again? You lucky princess!!

Patty just got the news she can live in the sorority house, so that will help with the financial situation a bit. I hate that she has to share a room and not have any sort of privacy, but Becky has been doing it for 2 years now. Patty is hoping to major in business, and Becky in marketing.

Everyone seems to be doing well with your habits.

Janice-That's a good idea that you are following the biggest loser from beginning to end.

Gayle-Good for you, staying OP!

Hi Suzy and Cheryl!

Deelite
09-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Shelley I have my marketing degree. I loved the information. I can apply it to so many things from day to day too.
I am glad that Patty got to move to the Sorority house. When Dez lived in the dorms she shared a room with someone too.

The reason why I ended up having the back surgerys was that I was losing mobility of my leg from week to week. If you remember I started out using a cane so that I could walk while my foot wouldn't lift properly and then I went to a walk a few weeks later and for any long distance I had to use a wheel chair. By the time I had the operation I couldn't raise my toes or foot up from a flat position and when I walked I tripped on my toes every step.
I am so much better now than then but sometimes I forget because that was only for a short period of time. Now it is the pain that I have to deal with.

Time to hit the gym after I journal. Have a great day ladies.

4myloves
09-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Cheryl what stage is Jake at now? Is he starting to crawl around and get into trouble? How has his sleeping been? Is he still scaring mama by now responding to your touch when he is so still?

Jake is still sleeping very soundly. I have to check on him every night before I go to bed, even if he's only been asleep for 10-15 minutes. I actually "bug" him until he wiggles a little. I can't help it. I also do this if I happen to wake up in the middle of the night after I've listened to hear him breathe.

He has his two bottom teeth now and he's working on the two top ones, his gums are terribly swollen. He chewed the corner off of a board book during church yesterday. Ate the whole corner. Stewart says he's our little billy goat.

He crawled, tummy off the floor, for the first time on Friday. He's VERY mobile. Who knew that a child who can't even walk yet would be able to get into so much?

Gayle, tell Allison he loved his shirt and toy :) I have the feeling that shirt is going to fit in more ways than one!

SuzyMc
09-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Today has been a really crappy day! To begin with, I've had two sick kids here all day. I also found out that what was supposed to be a $500 rust fix on my car is going to be closer to $2000. There's no way that I can justify spending that much for a cosmetic fix right now. Tim is not happy...he wants it fixed, but there are other things that are more important right now and I refuse to put it on the charge. I'll tell you, it's a good thing that I do have sick kids and no car right now, or I would probably be on my way to Dairy Queen!

4myloves
09-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Suzy, it must be the full moon, because just about everyone I know is having some form of crap in their day. Stewart and I woke up arguing. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Deelite
09-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Cheryl the little tyke is growing up so fast. He has teeth and he is crawling. Man where did the time go. He is such a cutie.

Suzy stay away from that icecream and brownies. Too bad the little ones are sick. They need lots of TLC.
That sure is an expensive fix for your car. Can you get another reputable company to give you an estamite?

Yeah my hubby comes home tonight. I am just going to go out for a walk before he gets here.

Have a good night everyone.

SuzyMc
09-15-2008, 11:02 PM
I hope you're right Cheryl. I'm going to bed soon and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

Dee ~ The shop owner where we took the car is a very good friend, so I doubt that we can get a better deal anyplace else. That's part of the reason why Tim is upset that I said no to fixing it...he didn't want to tell his friend that we were going to wait to have it fixed. It's really something that we need to think about though. It's a 95 monte carlo, so really how much life is left in it and is it really worth putting that much money into it?

gdeann
09-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Day 6 without wine & I'm not even whining! :-)

I'll be back later to post, gotta head off to the shop & tonight I teach Baptism class.

SuzyMc
09-16-2008, 10:36 AM
That's great Gayle! :clap: I'm doing ok...some days are better than others, but I'm working towards a new habit, so it's bound to be that way, right? How is everyone else doing?

Deelite
09-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Suzy I agree with you. If your car is that a 95 and it is only cosmetic work I think that I would use the money somewhere else.

I am still journaling. Even the 5 cookies I just ate. Just because they are sugar free doesn't mean they are good for me. Yikes! I shouldn't have bought them. I got to get rid of this sweet monster again.

Gayle good for you teaching the class. You are such a devoted good catholic and you didn't even drink the wine at communion.

Deelite
09-16-2008, 02:12 PM
I will try to come back later and post, Larry will be home for lunch in a few minutes. He did make it home late last night, like around midnight. Lots of little presents for me.

gdeann
09-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I alway pass on the communion wine Dee! I still am not convinced the wiping of the chalis and the alcohol in the wine kills all the little germies! Ha, ha! Steve just finished a beautiful rosary for Allison. I told her she will treasure it for a lifetime because it is handcrafted and one of a kind. He needs to make one for his mom and then I am FINALLY in line for one.

Suzy, I agree, you will never get a return on the money you spend on the car considering it is cosmetic. We traded our older car (Mercury Cougar) in a few years ago as it was beginning to dollar & cents us with expenses.
We purchased a 2002 Saturn. I LOVE it!

gdeann
09-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Despite our best intentions to eat something healthy, we often choose sugary snacks.

Dutch researchers asked 585 participants to pick between four snacks: an apple, a banana, a candy bar and a molasses waffle.

About half of the participants indicated they would choose the apple or banana.

But when presented with the actual snacks a week later, 27 percent of those who had said they'd pick a healthy one switched to the candy bar or waffle. And more than 90 percent of those who had initially made an unhealthy choice stuck with it.

The researchers figure that while we are in control of our intentions, our actual choices are often made impulsively, even unconsciously.

"A substantial gap between healthy snack choice intentions and actual behavior was demonstrated," said study leader Pascalle Weijzen of Wageningen University in the Netherlands. "Despite that gap, the results suggest that individuals who plan to make a healthful choice are more likely to do so than those who plan to make unhealthful choices. Because more than 50 percent of the population seems to have no intention at all of making a healthful choice, identifying tools by which this group can be motivated to choose a healthful snack is strongly needed."

The study is detailed in the September/October issue of the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior.

SuzyMc
09-16-2008, 03:32 PM
What happened was that the "little rust bubble" on the surface went a lot deeper than first thought. Once the plastic bummper came off there was a lot of rust. There has to be some work done just to be able to put it back together now, so they are doing the bare minimum just so they can put it back together. I'll drive it for the winter (no point in getting a new car now just to drive it on snow, ice and salted roads) and then in the spring I'll start car shopping.

gdeann
09-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Ahhhh......the joys of having a car payment!

Deelite
09-16-2008, 04:35 PM
I refuse the wine too! Yuck, germs!

Suzy that sucks that it is going to cost money to put the car back together. Will it be safe if there is rust where the bumper is?

It is such a beautiful fall day. I think I am going to go for a walk after I make my bed. Yup I didn't make it this morning. I usually do but I slept in and had no time before the gym.

Larry bought me a Izod bk vest, some CK socks, make up from Sephora, plus an eyelash cruler, plus a t-shirt from Babe. The Tee was my fav as it is red and says "Tell me you love me!" That is my saying and we are always laughing about it. So when he seen that Tee he just needed to get it for me. What a sweetie.

Tonight we are going out for Larry's bosses birthday. They are having a private party at a chinese food resturant. There will be an illusionist and a Taret card reader. Sounds like fun. I will let you know what my future holds....to be continued.

ShelleyM
09-17-2008, 06:58 AM
Suzy-Sorry to hear about your car situation.

Dee-I remember it well, even when you first started having back problems.

Gayle-Good for you on the no wine or whine!!

Cheryl-Wow, Jake sure is growing. Too funny on you waking him up.

coles
09-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Morning Ladies,
Sounds like troubles for many of you. I hope today is better.
Dee- Larry is so thoughtful, you are a lucky gal.
Suzy - I wouldn't spend any more on your car than you need to to keep it safe. Cars are such a pain.
I bought a pedometer yesterday, I walk everyday but have no idea how far so am looking forward to keeping track.
Have a better day,
Janice

gdeann
09-17-2008, 11:53 AM
I know Janice probably did, anyone else watch the Biggest Loser last night? The show opened my eyes in the segment of what actually happens to the body as we gain weight. I assumed heavy people always breathed heavier and had a higher heart rate because of the added weight/stress on the body. True, but I didn't realize we are basically "choking" our organs by surrounding them with layers of fat. A real eye opener for me.

gdeann
09-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Hey Janice! I would LOVE one of the Bodybuggs advertised on the show last night! I priced the little arm device and it is over $500.00! Guess I'll continue to use my sheet of paper, pencil and online calorie counting...

Deelite
09-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Wow that is pretty freaky about how the fat chokes our organs. Not a pretty picture.

Janice you are right, I am a lucky gal. Larry is a good guy. He said to me last night after his bosses birthday party that he was so proud of me and that I was the funniest. I said to him so when my good looks goes you will still love me?

Shelley you have a great memory. Come and post here more often we miss ya. What is going on in your life? Are you working both jobs again this fall?

Gayle you knew that you can keep track of how far you are walking on your gps, right? We are amazed sometimes how far we walk when we are out caching.

Suzy how are the little ones doing today? I hope that you didn't catch anything from them.

Cheryl is it time for a new thread yet.......

4myloves
09-17-2008, 04:26 PM
New thread--#37!!

SuzyMc
09-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes, we need a new thread please...this one is getting way too long and is so slow to load!

Today is Abby's 8th birthday. It's so hard to believe that 8 years has passed so quickly! She wanted "brunch" for her birthday dinner, so tonight we're going over for several breakfast casseroles, bacon, sausage, fruit salad and sticky monkey bread and of course birthday cake...so much for eating right tonight! :lol:

ellis
09-18-2008, 06:04 AM
McSkinney's Loozing Floozies #37 is here!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151746