South Beach Diet - It's FRIDAY!

View Full Version : It's FRIDAY!

cottagebythesea
08-22-2008, 06:03 AM
Has anyone noticed that the sun is wanting to sleep in lately? It's still dark as night outside.

We have another beaut of day shaping up for us here, and the girls are spending the afternoon at a birthday party. They enjoyed meeting their teachers and new classmates yesterday at the Meet & Greet, and they both made some new friends already. Maggie got to go on a little ride on a school bus, and that just made her day. :)

Tomorrrow we're doing the grouting on the kitchen backsplash and pricing new countertops. It's slowly, but surely, coming together!

Belle Mer
08-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Hi Cottage,

My puppy woke me up early this morning, and then proceeded to fall asleep in my lap, LOL. I already have my coffee cup in hand so there's no going back to bed for me. I have a busy day planned anyway, might as well get started.

Glad the girls had a good meet and greet.

Have a great day, everyone!!

femmecreole
08-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Cottage, sounds like a great day. New countertops!! What I would give for that!!!

Belle, I'm there with you with the "puppy alarm clock" Our 6 little guys "talk" all night long, but geez they are adorable. wish we could keep them all.

It's been a long week with today being the deadline for tons of paper work. I finally got it all together by 8 last night. Come on weekend!!!!

CyndiM
08-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Good morning Chicks :coffee2:

I'm off to yoga in a few minutes. I actually plan my vacations around the class. It's the best thing for stretching those muscles back after all the riding/walking.

Cottage - I noticed the dark this morning. Makes 5:30 seem a lot earlier! I can't wait to see pics of your new kitchen :)

Belle- Have a good day!

Cat - ugh, paperwork! Who new there would be so much of it?!

Gotta run. We are having party tomorrow so not sure how much I'll be on today but I hope to pop back on later. Anyone who wants to drive to Vermont is more than welcome! Have a good day all

Schmoodle
08-22-2008, 06:52 AM
Well, no cottage I hadn't noticed because I'm rarely up at 6AM. But I was this morning, DD had to be at work at 6:45, so I got up with her. You will snap us a picture of the kitchen when it's done, right?
Good morning Belle and pup.
Enjoy your well-earned weekend Cat!

Yesterday DS and I went to the open house at his new school and found our way around to his classrooms, practiced opening the lock on his locker. It hit me then, I can't believe my little round-headed baby boy is a middle schooler! Next year my baby will be too, and no more kids in elementary school. Funny, I've had kids in elementary school for about 16 years now.

Busy weekend ahead, tonight is the end of summer potluck dinner at the pool, hopefully it will be warm enough to swim. Tomorrow we have a band jam in the park followed by movie on the green - School of Rock, also last movie of the summer, horseback riding lessons early in the day, and general getting ready for the schoolbus Monday morning!
Have a wonderful Friday everybody!

ETA: Anybody have experience with young girls horseback riding? I'm trying to find info on a personal issue, so let me know and I will PM you. Thanks.

tomandkara
08-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Oh, Schmoodle, I love School of Rock! I'm not a huge silly-movie fan, but that one makes me laugh and laugh! I think Jack Black is just a hoot - such a natural comic!

Cindy, hope your yoga is wonderful! Tom and I skipped last night, as I didn't get home from Back to School Night until after 9:30. I'll do it on Sunday after church instead.

Cat, I missed the birth announcement but I'm guessing your dog had pups? How adorable!

Enjoy your coffee, Belle, and have a great day!

Linda, what color scheme are you using for your kitchen? I can't wait to redo a kitchen! Glad the girls had fun at school yesterday.

I am seriously procrastinating from getting some housework done. I never got around to it yesterday and so now it really is nearing emergent status. Laundry can only pile so high before it starts smelling up the house! And the floors really need some attention as well. Ugh. Better get to it. This weekend is going to be a busy one so I won't have any more time later on.

Kara

Loriann7
08-22-2008, 07:02 AM
Good Morning Cottage, belle, femme, cyndi and schmoodle! Yes, the summer is nearing it's end with the little ones off to school. I'm so glad I'm over those days! I just wish Joe'd call me! Been over a week now. :(

The 2.5 hr walk in the park truly tuckered Tucker out! First night since he's been here he's not woken up in the middle of the night to go potty, and first night since he's not gone in his crate! either feeding him in the crate told him not to pee in there, or I just let him out so much yesterday there was nothing left!

I think I'm going to go grab my coffee and book, and sit out on the front porch for a spell.

eta: Kara simulposting, hi!

ALSO: The name I chose for pup, Tucker Gurnall Walkington

and please pray this company calls me back to start work, hopefully even work on monday!?!!! I really would like to work for this company, perhaps a little too much so.

cottagebythesea
08-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Schmoodle, Audrey & Maggie have been riding horses since they could sit up. Ask away! ;) Your end of summer potluck at the pool sounds like a lot of fun, and it should be warm enough to swim today. Have fun!

Cyndi, thanks for the invite to the party! I'm driving up to Maine next Thursday, if you look through binoculars I'll be waving! :)

Cat, have fun wading through the paperwork! Those pups sure are cute!

Belle Mer, a cup of coffee and a snuggle with a puppy sound like a good way to start your day!

Kara, quit procrastinating and get that housework done! (Sorry, that's the mother in me speaking). What are your plans for the weekend? Have you looked into Volksmarching yet?

Loriann, it sounds like you're having success with house-breaking Tucker. :) I love that name, it's the one I voted for BTW. Your plans for the morning sound like something I'd love to do today, too.

Ruthxxx
08-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Good morning, Beachies! My ISP was down from around noon until this morning which is just as well because yesterday was pretty hectic.

Today looks the same but I do NOT expect visitors. I'm about to tackle the baking for tomorrow's sale AFTER I clean up my kitchen after having the Pypers here for dinner.

Back later!

tomandkara
08-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Loriann, that's quite a name for a little pup!!! What's the story?

My dog when I was little was Sir McBritt of 1012. He was a Brittney Spaniel, and my parents had stopped at McDonald's on their way home from getting him. Their street address at the time was 1012. Since then, though, we've had single-named dogs - Chapin (for Harry Chapin), Tanner (for a Harry Chapin song), Burton (after the snowboards), and Reese (our chocolate "chocolate-y" lab).

Thanks for the kick in the rear, Linda! I need it! We haven't been on a Volksmarche as yet. Tomorrow we're hitting the base-wide yard sale at the community center and then we have an afternoon barbeque at the AWANA leaders' house (who happen to be Beachy as well, so it should be a pretty food-friendly atmosphere!). Sunday we have church and then AWANA registration, and I'd really like to get my hands in the two small gardens in the back yard. They are full of weeds and the roses are done blooming so it's time to prune.

Ruth, hope you have a productive baking day!

Kara

Loriann7
08-22-2008, 07:34 AM
The AKC insists each dog have a unique name, and if I send in Tucker he'll become a number, Tucker (roman numeral) 1088 or something like that. So most folks give dogs three, four and sometimes even five names... that said...

Tucker is just a name I've always liked..

Gurnall comes from William Gurnall, one of my all time favorite Authors

Walkington comes from Arthur W. Pink, another of my all time favorite authors.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AAARRRGGGHHH, he had a frisbee he was chewing on, so when I heard him chewing as I was just typing I thought nothing of it... I just turned and found him DESTROYING MY BEST PAIR OF SHOES FOR INTERVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to kill! He's now in the crate!

little chick
08-22-2008, 07:43 AM
Morning chicks a quickie for me, need to get things done today. I keep talking about it and not getting it done. We have a busy week end, shopping for school, cell phones and we are buy dd a car today so we have to go to the DMV tomorrow to change that stuff all over. Today we are the best parents in the world. :lol: Eating is going great, made it through day three, now I just need to make it through the week end. Well gotta to dash my to do list is not getting any shorter. Have a great day. Hopefully I can pop back in during lunch.

AutumnRose
08-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Good morning! No time for personals as I am getting ready for some visitors here for lunch. But I too was woken up by my dog... he wakes me up by sitting on my neck every morning as dawn begins to break. Cute but some mornings I would love to sleep in a little more!

tomandkara
08-22-2008, 07:51 AM
What kind of dog do you have, Autumn? That sounds like a health hazard, but we're big dog people so I might have the wrong scale picture in my head!!!

LC, enjoy your special day of being the best mom in the world!!!

Thanks for the explanation, Loriann. Sounds like a fun name. Do you plan to use the entire name when he's in trouble, like we do for kids? ;)

OK, this time I am seriously going to do my chores. Honest!

Kara

AutumnRose
08-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Oh it isn't a health hazard he is a minature dachsund! He is teeny tiny! :)

Loriann7
08-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Kara, y ou mean like I just did when I caught him with my shoe? ;)

Kim_Star060404
08-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Morning all, rushing as usual. DB (DAMN BOSS!!) told me late Wed. that I would have to go out to the most remote part of the county for inspections yesterday and today. I've about had it with him.

Anywho...inspections all day, terrible convenience store food, no walking. Sigh. I just want to get back to normal...

Loriann7
08-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Kim, I guess thats part of your job? Inspections? While doing what you normally do is nice, sometimes a break in routine helps us appreciate more when we have routine! I guess what I'm saying is is that something you signed on for?

I wish I had a job!

tomandkara
08-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Guess you're in the clear, Autumn! :lol:

Yes, Loriann, that is exactly what I meant!

Best of luck with your travels today, Kim! Hey, do you guys still have that obstacle course up in your backyard?!

Kara

Loriann7
08-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Kara, I'm SSOOO glad to see you active on our board again!

weezle
08-22-2008, 08:49 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY! It's Little Guy's birthday and it's already an interesting day. Still overcast and nasty. Little Guy took 2 bites of his Captain Crunch and is "full" now. Won't eat. Maybe too much excitement today turning 5. Man, he's being a little grumpy-butt today.

And Tommy is a wee bit on the grouchy side today as well. Hoping his coffee will help. He's mad because there's no sunlight..... I'll whip some of that right up! Sigh.

I'm a bit on the groggy side. Slept straight through except for waking up at 2:30 for no reason. Strange dreams. Cannot wait to be able to sleep in a little tomorrow! I'm so tired from this week. Tonight we're taking Little Guy to Walmart and letting him pick out whatever he wants for his birthday. Tomorrow, we're getting Grandma Sandy, "Grammareen" (Maureen,) and "Grampaleen" (Lee) together at Chuck-E-Cheese

WELL, it's a bit chaotic and everyone is a grump but me, so.... I think I'm going to lock myself in the bathroom and hide from everyone. Yikes. Have a good one everybody!

Lisa

Pacergal29
08-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Well aren't we just the chatty bunch today? TGIF indeed!

Yesterday was DH's birthday and his mother made dinner so it was a carb fest followed by warm german chocolate cake, oh the horrors! The woman doesn't cook very well but her GC cake is to die for especially warm, there was no will power at all I must say. Didn't help my neice was feeding me her cake too, come on how do you tell an adorable 18 month old no!

Yoga was on tap first thing this morning and whooooo are my hips open now! Now I must drown myself in water and flush away lastnights sins.

No big plans for the weekend, deep cleaning I guess since next weekend we will be off sailing Lake Michigan, I can't wait!

Gotta run, hope you all have a great Friday!

Pearlrose
08-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Good morning everyone!

Can't keep up with personals this week, work has been to busy.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday it is almost the weekend yeah!!!

I need to get motivated, I feel like my fitness routine is in blah mode all I do is walk nothing else, I need to get moving more.

Kim_Star060404
08-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Kim, I guess thats part of your job? Inspections? While doing what you normally do is nice, sometimes a break in routine helps us appreciate more when we have routine! I guess what I'm saying is is that something you signed on for?

Well, when I originally was hired in 2006, yes, but now that I've been promoted, its not in my job description to do these inspections. And it wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't set me up with a bunch of office work to get done by 5 today and then told me Wednesday around 4:30 that I would be out of the office for two days. I'll be working this weekend to catch up, which is technically against the rules. I will most likely lose the extra time I put in. These are inspections he's responsible for per state requirements, so having me tag along to sit in the back seat and read books (what I did yesterday), seems like such a waste of taxpayer money. I wouldn't mind if I was going by myself with our auditor, but the two bosses out of the office for two whole days for no reason? Not smart to me. (We also had a meeting after these same inspections last year in which we agreed that I would not accompany him this year, but that if he wanted to take someone from our office, it would be one of my appraisers. They're the ones that need to familiarize themselves with the properties as pretty soon, I will not be going on inspections at all.) He's a very lazy man who doesn't keep his word to us and we're all getting quite fed up with it. He spent all day Wed. looking at YouTube videos online and researching making potato guns. Not kidding. And, he felt it appropriate to share this with our State-assigned auditor.

The other thing that bothers me is that it left me no time to prepare our usual emergency kit. He's so arrogant that he doesn't think it possible that we break down in the desert, 20 miles from the highway without even extra water in the vehicle. I'm prepared today, but if we get stuck on one of the ranch roads we'll be on today, we will have to wait it out, as there is no way we could hike the 20 miles before nightfall, especially with all the flash-flooding going on down there. DH is aware and will call the sheriff if I haven't checked in by 8 pm.

Kara: The obstacle course is still there! Its a bit hidden due to excessive amounts of rain, but DH is planning on clearing it up this evening. I ran it this morning and had trouble finding the markers, so its due for an overhaul!! BTW, I'm SO glad to see you back!!!

Loriann7
08-22-2008, 09:24 AM
(((kim)))... That is frustrating, nothing worse than an arrogant boss who doesn't keep true to his word!

Kim_Star060404
08-22-2008, 09:28 AM
(((kim)))... That is frustrating, nothing worse than an arrogant boss who doesn't keep true to his word!

Thanks.

I've been thinking about you and sending good job thoughts your way. Hope you get a good phone call today!!

zeffryn
08-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Hey girls.

Just packing up for the drive home. We're leaving tonight around 7. It takes forever to pack though....:(

I have a few boxes of things to go through and if I don't want them, I have to donate the stuff somewhere.

DS and I came down with an icky head cold last night. I am not looking forward to driving 1300 miles without sleeping, sick.

I forgot my library card at home - so I'm unable to renew the books we brought with us. I reamed the library because they wouldn't just look up my account...at least it is only five cents late fee. I've just never had late library books before and it pisses me off...

Anyway...off to continue packing...ack.....have a great day, girls. I'll try to check in again.

JellyBean32882
08-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Well all, have a busy day ahead of me. Have to go get a drug test today for the job I applied to, still not sure if I'm hired but people tell me it sounds like it, especially if they pay for a drug test. So ya, after that have to go do the norm shopping with dad.

kshe78
08-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Cottage - I'm jealous of the new countertops! They are on my list of things I want, but they are at about #8 on the list, so it will be a while. :)

Kara - Avoiding housework here, too! I took a "summer day" at work today (we get 4 - basically they are bonus vacation days) so I could get some work done around here.

I haven't been around much this week. I did my 3 days of bootcamp - it starts at 5:15 a.m. - so yes, I see how dark it is! I had a retirement party last night (and stayed on South Beach, including turning down the Key Lime Pie!)

So far today I've folded a load of laundry, ran the dishwasher, got my new filing cabinet put together. I'm trying the roasted chickpeas for the first time - they are in the oven now! Lots more to accomplish, including going to the gym for some cardio! And LOOK! I have a siggie now with a weight tracker - whoo hoo!!!! :)

Fat Melanie
08-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Personals in the order that they appeared:

Cottagebythesea: Sounds like your children (or grandchildren) had a great time, it's good they adjusted so quickly and already made some new friends.

BelleMer: Cute pup! have a good one. :)

Femmecreole: Amen to that, come on weekend! We're ready!!!

CyndiM, enjoy your yoga.

Schmoodle, congrats on your DS starting middle school.

Tomandkara, I feel ya on the laundry. I have quite the large pile myself. Anyway, that's awesome about getting to live in Germany. I envy anyone who has been to other countries. My grandpa was in the Air force before he retired so he and Grandma went to Germany as well, and also Norway (cleanest place he's ever been) and England, and etc. I'm very jealous of you guys!

Loriann, what an adorable name for the pup. And good luck with the job! I truly hope you get it. :D Wow, that dog's quite um, playful... I can't believe it messed up your shoes! I would have seen red.

Ruthxxx, sorry to be nosy, but who and what are Hyper Pypers? I've been wondering. :)

Little Chick and AutumnRose, hi!

Kimstar, heh, Damn Boss, I snickered. He sounds like a gem.

Weezle, happy birthday to your son!!!!!! :balloons: :balloons:

Pacergal, sounds like you had a fun, if not sbd legal, time! Don't worry, you'll get back on track.

Pearlrose, I know the feeling.

Zeffryn, did you have fun on your trip?

Jellybean, congrats on the job! Yes, it does sound like you have landed it. Once you pass the test, you've got it.

Kshe78, how is that bootcamp working for ya? I have read articles about it before, I've heard it burns off fat like CRAZY! I however am too lazy to attempt it, but if they did have a program in my area I might be inclined to try it.

Me: Well like others, I also have laundry to do. Tomorrow morning we head off to Mt Olive, so DB (dear boyfriend) can work with his buddy on a house and make some money for a lawyer. I did not want to go but DB and his buddy are insisting, so I will spend my weekend in a motel room! I will bring along the stroller and if we're in a decent neighborhood, or if we're around little shops I can go look at, I'll take some Me & the Baby time to just look around while the "menfolk" are at work. I figured, okay, it gets me out of the house this weekend... and I'll still have some me-time. A mini-vacation without really being a vacation, but I could make it into one!

We watched Death Proof last night (on yesterday's chat, I mistakenly called it Bulletproof). Quentin Taratino irritates me... in his films, there are always long drawn out scenes with tediously long banter about stuff that serves to merely bore the viewer, not give one any insight into the characters' personalities or plots. After about 40 minutes of such long dialogue, in which it appeared the movie was going absolutely nowhere, it suddenly turned a crazy car-chase/violent sort of turn and it was AWESOME... but then it slowed down again for the NEXT hour with the long, pointless dialogue... until the female cast members turned the tables on the killer and for the rest of the movie it was one gory action-filled ride. I give those scenes 4 stars, the other scenes don't deserve stars at all. Planet Terror was soooo much better. As for DB's reaction to Death Proof? "I didn't care too much for that movie. It was stupid." Ever the descriptive critic, is he!

Anyway, I've got laundry to do to prepare for this weekend, DOOL to watch, cleaning to do.

Have a wonderful weekend, ladies and man.

PS; decided to start calling BF "DB" for 'dear boyfriend', sometimes 'dumb@ss boyfriend', other times 'damn boyfriend', to go along with the "DH' thing. I decided that saying BF looks stupid.

kshe78
08-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Kshe78, how is that bootcamp working for ya? I have read articles about it before, I've heard it burns off fat like CRAZY! I however am too lazy to attempt it, but if they did have a program in my area I might be inclined to try it.

It's awesome! Kicks my butt, but it's good. Lots of cardio and toning stuff. It's very athletic - so if you were a high school athlete, it brings you back to your roots. :) We do tons of squats, lunges, suicides, mountain climbers, wall sits, and abs.

I really like it - don't like the 4:45 a.m. wakeup call, but like the class overall. Doing it with coworkers next month at 6:00 p.m. - but that will be more hot!

wife2abadge
08-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey girls.

I forgot my library card at home - so I'm unable to renew the books we brought with us. I reamed the library because they wouldn't just look up my account...at least it is only five cents late fee. I've just never had late library books before and it pisses me off...

Well, they are only protecting you. Any old person could show up and say they were you. We used to look people up with their driver's licenses, but then people get to expect it. Pretty soon, our circ staff was looking up dozens of people every day, which is a huge waste of time.

I have noticed that it is getting light later. When my dog alarm clock wakes me at 5am, it looks like the middle of the night! Susan

tomandkara
08-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Melanie, you crack me up! Glad the movie turned around for you last night. You can watch my share of gorey films because that is *not* my thing at all!!!

kshe, you got an awful lot done for avoiding housework! Enjoy the rest of your day off!

Susan, are you a librarian? What a great job!

Kara

zeffryn
08-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Well, they are only protecting you. Any old person could show up and say they were you. We used to look people up with their driver's licenses, but then people get to expect it. Pretty soon, our circ staff was looking up dozens of people every day, which is a huge waste of time.

I have noticed that it is getting light later. When my dog alarm clock wakes me at 5am, it looks like the middle of the night! Susan

but I'm 1300 miles away and I was simply renewing the books....I can see if I am there in person trying to check out a bunch of books without a card.....

I'm not sure about the library that you work at (or seem to), but the librarians around us are extremely rude. The last time I was checking books out, my son wanted to check out a few DVDs as well. He was holding the DVD in his lap when we went through the checkout line, and because he didn't put it on the counter fast enough - I had to unstrap him - she gave him a lecture that included lines about how 'stealing is not ok'. He's 2. She made him cry and then told him to stop overreacting.

I wanted to show her a thing or two about overreacting....

I'm sure they are busy, but do they honestly need to give a big *SIGH* and then amble over as if I'm asking them to re-invent the wheel each and every time I have a question or need to check out a book.

Fat Melanie
08-22-2008, 03:17 PM
It's awesome! Kicks my butt, but it's good. Lots of cardio and toning stuff. It's very athletic - so if you were a high school athlete, it brings you back to your roots. :) We do tons of squats, lunges, suicides, mountain climbers, wall sits, and abs.

I really like it - don't like the 4:45 a.m. wakeup call, but like the class overall. Doing it with coworkers next month at 6:00 p.m. - but that will be more hot!

Hah, high school athlete!!! I was thin in high school, but not an athlete, I was lazy. Straight up. My athletic prowess extended to walking to and from school. But hey, my legs looked pretty good then if I do say so myself.

So, I'd probably be laid out on the floor in the first few sessions of bootcamp if I had any nearby. Definitely not stuff I could do on my own... lunges used to kill me ('cause like I said, I'm definitely not an athlete!)... I have attempted lunges before and squats and if ANYBODY has an easier way to attempt them, let me know! They kill me! But with a boot camp instructor, I'd be able to do it. (It would be more motivational to have an instructor in person.) The early wake up stuff would kill me, but, from all of the good stuff I've read about how structured it is, and how much cardio and muscle-strengthening goes on, it's got to be a killer workout. (Uh, have I said "kill kill kill" a bit too much? I blame it on the Grindhouse movies, they have warped my fragile little brain.) I'm envious Kshe78, I really wish we had something like that in my area. You're going to have an awesome body when you're through. EDIT: Not to say you don't have one now! Was proofreading my post and realized how that sounded. :)

Melanie, you crack me up! Glad the movie turned around for you last night. You can watch my share of gorey films because that is *not* my thing at all!!!

I'm warped! I do like psychological thrillers most of all though, as opposed to gorefests and gagfests (also known as romances) and comedies (most are predictable, I like something that is not quite so predictable). Then again, I have watched a wide variety.

Zeffryn, I would have dragged that woman across the counter and kicked her in the teeth. Okay, not really, because in said scenario, there were children around. Plus I wanna stay out of jail. That was pretty effed up to scold someone elses' child like that, what sort of establishment are they running there? I hate when other people try to yell at someone else's kid. It's on my list of pet peeves.

Me:

I was just on the phone with one of my bff's who just went back to college on Tuesday, summer is officially over! Man she talks forever, I clocked that conversation at 85 minutes! Been gone 4 days and she already needs her Melanie fix. :D Now I'm doing laundry and I'm bored!

EofAZ
08-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Zeff -- boy if you want a good library system you should be in the SW, we have a fabulous library and had a really wonderful one when I lived in NM too. So much is setup on line that I literally can renew and reserve books without going in. I reserve the books I want, they put them on a shelf with my name on it, I stop by, pick them up, scan them out and leave. 5 minutes tops including the time it takes me to park.

That head cold is really going around, my DD in NY State just found out her's has gone into pneumonia and my DD in AZ just called me and was describing how badly she felt and she's the foreman on the job she's working (she's an electrician) so she can't go home. Take care of yourself.

Speakin of Doggie wakeup calls: My grand-dog (30 lb black pug) loves to just sit and stare at you when you are sleeping. You will wake up in the morning with a sense of someone is watching you and when you open your eyes CJ will be there lying on the bed with his nose just an inch or so away from yours. As soon as you open your eyes he licks you and you simply don't have time to react. I actually think what wakes you up is feeling his breath on your face. He is such a character. My daughter was telling me about this and said it was creepy but then when I dog sit he does the same thing to me and I just have to crack up, what a fun way to wake up in the morning to a happy little face eagerly awaiting for the moment you open your eyes.

The pugs are not allowed to sleep on the bed at night but all of them are all to eager to come up and wake you in the morning.

Gotta love 'em.

carinna
08-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Wooooooohoooooooo Friday!!! :carrot:

Ruthxxx
08-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Sorry, Beachies, but I didn't get back. Baking did not go well and I realized I am just exhausted! Claire and I were chatting about how much I have on my Life Plate and I started to cry when she gave me heck. I can't use TOM as an excuse either!

Anyhow, I went for a nap and things are better now. I have four pineapple cakes and 12 packages of a dozen cookies ready for the sale and that's it! No pies or bread will happen this time - they'll appreciate it more at the next sale. (I may take pie orders for later in the fall.)

Someone asked who the Hyper Pypers are. Was it Mel?

They are a family who bought Bailey who is one my Hershey's puppies about seven years ago. We hit it off right away and I've become their "grandmother" - I am their dog's grandma so the kids (15 and 17) refer to me as Granny B. Margo is in her forties and lost her mother a few years ago and Glen's mum is gone too so I am the psuedo granny. They are noisy and very high energy and even call themselves the Hyper Pypers. They love to come here and spend time out in their boat on the Lake and are really good eaters - two blueberry cheesecakes yesterday plus chicken, corn and tomatoes. I love them dearly but they are exhausting.

Here's a last summer picture of Elaine with dear departed Lucy, Bailey's sister.

CyndiM
08-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Kim - We should talk bosses one of these days :(

Pacergal - I wish I could start every day with yoga. I do so much more work in class no matter how hard I try on my own.

:wave: to all the cleaning Chicks. Hope your day is successful and you get tomorrow off!

Phew, busy day! I don't know how you all have parties all the time, it's exhausting!

I picked up a cute new top to wear (I do love clothes and thrift stores...). Here's the pic along with one I found in Julie's collection.

Schmoodle
08-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh Cyndi, I love that top, so cute and retro. I am trying to find a bathing suit similar Is that other picture you? Wow, awesome before and after!
Hope little Guy had a nice, non-grumpy birthday weezle!
Poor Kim, glad you didn't get stranded anywhere yesterday.

We are off to the potluck dinner at the pool. I am armed with a ww couscous salad loaded with tons of garden veggies, so I think I'll be okay.

tomandkara
08-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Schmoodle, your couscous salad sounds delicious!

Cyndi, you look absolutely terrific! Great find!

Ruth, glad you got in a nap! You've got a heaping pile for that bake sale and I'm sure they'll appreciate each and every morsel.

Enjoy your Friday, Carinna!

Evangeline, I would guess it's the SMELL of the breath that wakes you up!!! :lol:

So I did finish my cleaning and *almost* got the laundry done. One more load for tomorrow. Ah, I see it's "tomorrow" already as it's past midnight so now there's no hope for finishing it all before the official weekend. I don't feel guilty. I chose to work out with Tom instead of finish the laundry. We got an incredible session in and my legs are shot! :rofl: I just reread that and realized it could be interpreted in so many fun ways! Really, we were doing an exercise video. Seriously!

Time for a shower and bed. I'm beat!

Kara

CyndiM
08-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Oh Cyndi, I love that top, so cute and retro. I am trying to find a bathing suit similar Is that other picture you?

I'm not too good at taking pics of myself so you can't see the pants. They are really narrow black capris, very 50s. I thought it made a cute outfit. The other pic is me somewhere near my top weight. It's a first date pic so it gets to live ;) It would make a cute bathing suit. I gave up on that this year. Still couldn't find anything I liked.

How is the ww couscous? I bought a box to try but haven't braved it yet. Any tips? I seem to overcook ww pasta all the time and then it's gross. My Mom made some and it was good though, maybe because she cooked a whole package and it was easier to time?

Fat Melanie
08-22-2008, 06:59 PM
EofAz, heh, the story about the creepy dog made me laugh out loud. Sounds like a very unique dog. I often wake up to find myself covered in cats, and my DB says I am a crazy cat lady. Though, I'm not sure if any of them lay there and watch me sleep. A few times I wake up to feel a little warm furry body on my chest and eyes glittering in the dark. Adorable! Hope your daughter gets better!

Carinna, amen! :D

Ruthxx, yup that was me. Ah, so that's who they are! That's wonderful how you've adopted them as family. It sounds like you guys have great memories and great times together (whooa, 2 cheesecakes? They certainly can eat! Yum!) The picture you posted is adorable; the pup is so cute (may she r.i.p) and the girl is lovely, her eyes are such a striking color. Cute! :D

CyndiM, you look great! How do I get amazing arms like that?? Your new top is so cute. :D

Schmoodle, couscous is so delicious. It's been one of my favorite foods for a long time. Any chance you'd post your couscous salad recipe? :p

Tomandkara, yeah yeah suuure that's what you were doing! lol! :lol: (Just kidding!) Good night! :D

Back to CyndiM again, I think your outfit really was well chosen and I swear I can see defined abs underneath your shirt, what are your secrets? You are the Exercise Queen of the SB forum, what sort of exercises do you recommend? I'm very eager to know.

Schmoodle
08-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Cyndi, ww couscous is very easy to use, you don't really "cook" it so I've never had a problem with overcooking it. You just boil some water, pour it over the pasta (2:1 water to couscous), add a T of olive oil if desired, cover and let it sit until it's done plumping up and all the water's absorbed. You can use broth instead of water or add bouillon cubes for extra flavor.

Melanie, I don't really have a recipe, usually I just chop up a bunch of stuff I want to use up and mix it all up, but here is what I did tonight:
2 cups couscous made as described above (with bouillon), then poured about 1/4 cup of lemon juice over it, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1 chopped cucumber, about 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved, one yellow tomato, chopped, 1/2 onion chopped, 1 cup of peas. Mixed it all up, then topped with fresh basil, and some curls of Parmesan cheese. This made a ton though, so you might want to halve it if making for fewer people.
Sometimes I add tuna or chicken, chopped egg, capers, whatever you like and have around. It's great for using up all those leftovers and veggies that are getting a little past their prime. This is one of DH's favorite summertime dinners.
I made it look really pretty, and you know what? Most people didn't even taste it. They went for the Ramen noodle salad, fried chicken and macaroni and cheese pretty heavily though.

Well, I enjoyed it, and those that didn't get intimidated by all the veggies said it was good. Good thing I liked it because I'll be eating it for a couple of days! I am feeling superhuman right now because I resisted the brownies, homemade chocolate chip cookies, blueberry pound cake, and cupcakes. Go me.

Well, the kids are staying at Grandmas, and DD1 is out somewhere, so I am all alone in the house, which I enjoy greatly. I am going to read and listen for hamster noises. We have one on the loose and with all the quiet I'm hoping to hear her scratching around somewhere.

CyndiM
08-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Schmoodle - That sounds like something I'd like. I'll give it a try!

Back to CyndiM again, I think your outfit really was well chosen and I swear I can see defined abs underneath your shirt, what are your secrets? You are the Exercise Queen of the SB forum, what sort of exercises do you recommend? I'm very eager to know.

True confession time - the abs are the result of sticking faithfully to my PT exercises for months. I have a couple of severely herniated discs so pain was a great motivator. I'm a relaxed exerciser. I spend about an hour a day doing some kind of cardio - either walking or biking. Honestly I walk 3 miles which is pretty laid back compared to lots of other people. I also do yoga a couple of times a week, 1 class and 1 dvd and I should be doing my PT exercises every other day but I've slacked a lot this summer. I also do a basic arm workout with weights a couple of times a week - maybe 15 minutes. I am starting weight training this fall, which I'm really excited about. It's unlikely I'll ever be one of those super cardio folks. Between the back and arthritis in my knees my choices are a bit limited. I do love the exercise I do though and really have become addicted to it. I was a total couch potato before and never believed people who said they got hooked on exercise but it's true! I really miss it if I skip a day. The best part is my metabolism is really ramped up. More info than you asked for ;)

indigal
08-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey everyone! Last night My Christ Cradle bloomed...It's such a fabulous bloom, that only blooms once, and only at night. I've been trying to get pix for a while, and finally got some pix. I've made a collage and am trying to post it to share with you all. I'm good, This birthday season is taking a toll on my SB plan... Have a good evening everyone.

P.S That's Hank, my baby as my new avatar...

SunshineCA
08-22-2008, 11:16 PM
TGIFF!!!! (Thank God It's Finally Friday!!!) :)