WW Clubs and Groups - #204 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine!

View Full Version : #204 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine!

Itryharder
08-21-2008, 10:50 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
08-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi Guys, make sure to check back in #203 because there are a couple of good posts there.
Have a great weekend, stay OP, and drink your water. Now that the weather is finally breaking, let's commit to more exercise. Shake it up and keep it going!
Judy

bandit2
08-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - I am going to do my w/i tomorrow at home since I am joining TOPS in September, so taking a few weeks off WW meetings. But will post with my results tomorrow.

My eggplant dish turned out really good & was 2 points for 1/4 of the dish, which was a nice sized portion. We had beef strips w/veggies as well. So nice low point dinner. We also had our wine, but counted my 4 points for that.

Weather has been great up here this week & hoping for a nice weekend as well.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on track.

Take care

Itryharder
08-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, good luck on your at home WI. That's a smart way to go. Let us know how you like TOPS once you're started.

Princess, how are you doing?

Cherry and Chrily, keep on keepin' on.

Lauren, here's the salad recipe. I love this one. It's good to make ahead and refrigerate. It's fine served hot as soon as you cook the pasta. It's good lukewarm. It's good with all kinds of pasta and I especially like this with rotini. Here's the recipe:

Put 3/4 bag fresh spinach, chopped, into bowl
add 1/2 container grape tomatoes, cut in half
add lemon zest from about 1/4 of a lemon--cut it in tiny pieces

Then pour 1 cup dry orzo (or any pasta) cooked over ingredients.
Let sit to wilt the spinach--then toss
Add fresh basil strips and a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil and toss again.

This makes 6 small servings for 2 points each. :chef:
You can use the whole bag of spinach--I prefer baby spinach you can add more tomatoes to expand the recipe and keep the points low. If I eat this as a dinner, I double the pasta, increase the points and even sprinkle it with a tiny bit of parmesan cheese. All delicious--just remember to count in the extras.

I'll be busy this weekend again so I won't have a chance to chime in. I made a cole slaw again to get veggies in and I've done okay today. Take it easy and do well. talk to you all o n Monday.

Judy

CherryAutumn
08-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Good Morning Turtles,

It has been a while since i posted. Sounds like every has good ideas to keep themselves on points. My daughter is 3 1/2 and I am going to try my hand at Home Pre-schooling. So i am sure my days will be hectic but i am going to keep trying o be a healthier me.

All the recipes sound delicious. I am going to have to try some of them.

CherryAutumn
08-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Bandit - Just checking in to see how your weigh in at home went.

Judy - Your recipe looks good i will have to try that sometime soon.

Chrily - I noticed you posted in the old thread. Hope you find us. It is good to hear from you.

Princess - How are things going for you?

bandit2
08-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi Cherry - I was down 1.2# this week so was happy with that.

Weekends are always a challenge & this week I am taking Monday off since I worked last Friday. I had KFC chicken yesterday which I didn't need so have to stay focussed and make better choices.

Weather has been nice up here lately even though they are calling for afternoon shower and tomorrow is suppose to be hot & sunny, so I am planning on having a pool day tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Princess1122
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Howdy Turtles! Sorry I have been away for so long... busy at work and home getting DS ready to head back to school and work is keeping me a bit busier.

I have to read and catch up on everything that has been happening and will post again soon.

Went to W/I on Saturday even with my TOM and was way up... 2.8 but I am on track and in a pretty good frame of mind these days so it will all work out.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
08-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Hi Turtles,
:goodscales: to Bandit! that's a great weight loss.

Cherry, home schooling your little one should be demanding and rewarding. I know you can do it. :woo:

Princess, glad you posted and that you're doing okay. Getting college ones back to school is a lot of work. I still remember climbing four flights of stairs with all the stuff my youngest dd needed for her dorm room. Egads. Anyway--your weight gain is temporary and you're very near your goal. :bravo:

Lauren, how are you doing? I think about you and your success a lot. As a matter of fact, today I planned my day of eating and started a crockpot with chicken for tonight's dinner. Good thing I did because my dd and dgrandson showed up, we headed out for a late lunch and I had the points to use and it's been a good day.

Just back from my ds's place upstate. He and his two young children and my dh and I had a whirlwind weekend where we were able to have fun and help out my ds. The eating was as good as I could make it, but I'm probably up and my WI is on Wed. morning. I'll let you know.
Take it easy, stay OP and be proud of yourself.
Judy

bandit2
08-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi turtles:

I was off yesterday, so cut grass at trailer & had big swim (did 20 lengths)
so felt good after that. Actually, got abit of a sunburn but fine today.
Then I got home & cut my grass there last night. So nice to be all caught up at both places.

Tonight my gf is coming for dinner and we are making
"fish fillets with black bean compote" at 4 points/serving. So hoping that turns out well. Will let you know if we like it.

I have been pretty good the last few days with my menu & really am tired of this up/down thing. I mean really - I know what needs to be done, so why don't I just get to it?

Have a good day & drink some extra water!

Princess1122
08-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Howdy all!

Bandit: I could not have said it better myself! Especially lately... OMG but I have just up and down... eating like a horse one minute then back on plan the next... ugh!

Have a great day everyone!

Itryharder
08-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi All Turtles,
Bandit and Princess, I'm with you--eating more than I should and then staying OP for a net result that I'm up more in weight. Wed. is my WI and I know I haven't lost any weight this week. I make plenty of good choices, but that's not enough. I have to make allllllllll good choices.

things are going well now, I send you all my best, and here's :grouphug: to help us all get and keep on track. Home delivered foods, TOPS, WW, journaling, extra water, exercise, whatever it takes is what we aim to do.

My short term goal is to lose two pounds by the middle of September.
What are your short term goals?
Judy

bandit2
08-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi Judy - good question for us all!

Shortterm : proper grocery shopping (no extra treats I don't need), 3 walks/this week, point-friendly nighttime snacks (sometimes I do well all day then go overboard at night), plan menu for 3 days.
Longterm: to be in onderland by Dec 1st.

Princess1122
08-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday! So glad that we have a long weekend coming up... yah!

Short term goal for me: Get my butt out and walk every evening that I can...even it is only a mile. Stop my mindless eating!!! Plan better dinners and lunches.

Long term... well I will miss my original goal of my birthday but I hope to get to goal by the end of the year...

bandit2
08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi turtles:

Hope you are all staying OP today & drinking your water.

Last night we made the "fish fillets black bean compote" and it turned out really good & I have enough for my dinner tonight. The base of this could be used for lots of other things as well. So will make this again for sure.

Princess - you are doing so well, so don't get discouraged - remember "baby steps" and you will get to your goal.

Time for lunch - yah!

Itryharder
08-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Bandit, if you don't mind, post your recipe. Glad it turned out well. I'm ready for your chicken salsa dish again. As I remember, it is really good. :chef:

Princess, good goals and attainable. Don't fret about the goal for Sept. I certainly haven't done what I wanted to do this year, but I refuse to give up. Your exercise will make a big difference. :tread:

I knocked off almost 11/2# this week which was great since we were away from home for three days and ate all meals out. I am on track for today and will get back to exercising now that it's cooler. I realize how lame that sounds, but I only have today to work with and I can plan for the future.

Good luck to all the Turtles--Lauren and Cherry and Chrily. :grouphug:

CherryAutumn
08-28-2008, 09:59 AM
My goal was to kinda restart WW this past week in hopes of gaining my focus. I did good sometimes but still made very bad choices in the evenings. Today is my official at home weigh in day and i am down 2.2 pounds and I will SO TAKE IT!

ladybugnessa
08-28-2008, 10:09 AM
::::::::Peeking in::::::::::::::::
::::::::Waves Hi ::::::::::::::::

I'm a south beacher by nature but i figured WW works too so I returned last night and joined up. I'm doing e-tools and monthly pass...

i'm Nessa
I'm 48
in May 2006 I started south beach weighing 286 pounds. (on my home scale)
last night the weight watchers scale had me a bit higher than my home scale (where i weigh naked in the mornings) but I figure this is my WW life so here it is in all it's glory: 223.6 :cry:

I figured the more WW support I could get the better as I'm doing a hybrid of South Beach and WW.

hope it's ok to say hi here.

Itryharder
08-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi Nessa and :welcome3: It's great to say hi here. Let us know a bit about you and we'll do the same.
Everybody, have a great Labor Day weekend. I've got a lot of planning to do since my kids will be here for the weekend and we're also celebrating my dsil's birthday. I have to get organized, plan and prepare for this time span.

Good luck to everyone. Drink that water! :woo:
Judy

ladybugnessa
08-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi Nessa and :welcome3: It's great to say hi here. Let us know a bit about you and we'll do the same.
Everybody, have a great Labor Day weekend. I've got a lot of planning to do since my kids will be here for the weekend and we're also celebrating my dsil's birthday. I have to get organized, plan and prepare for this time span.

Good luck to everyone. Drink that water! :woo:
Judy

well thank you Judy.

about me

skinny as a kid.
thought i was fat in high school so did WW back then (THIRTY years ago) as my mom had been doing it for YEARS (we are from NY originallly and she knew it way back when)..... i wasn't fat. I'll never see 135 again...

married (to my third and much younger) husband we are raising his daughter (she's 16) my boys are 24 (and he's disabled emotionally) and 22 (at Drexel University)

I do computer work for the Social Security Administration.

anything else anyone wants to know Just Ask.

Itryharder
08-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Cherry,
Weigh to go! Losing over two pounds in a week is great! :goodscale:
That's dynamite. So what if you had a few choices you would redo if given the chance? You did great and are onto your next week of losing. Yay!

Nessa, good to know about you. I'm a WW'r of many years and love this group. I am married, have three married children and three grandchildren. I'm in my mid-sixties but feel about 35 LOL.

Here's :woo: to all of us for moving on and doing the best we c an and then even better!
Judy

ladybugnessa
08-29-2008, 07:20 AM
ok i had a good day yesterday... bedtime approaches and i'm 6 points short of my day (will so rarely happen it's shocking) so i had some dried peaches, some greek yogurt and half an ounce of walnuts.. Yummy!

is anyone else trying to eat mostly core foods while counting points?

Princess1122
08-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Morning all and a very happy Friday to you all! Work right now it just kicking my butt... my boss is in a perpetual bad mood and I seem to be his kicking girl... I have had enough. I have thought long and hard about it and am looking into enrolling in school again after the holiday for a degree in nursing... I have had enough of the business world and it is time to move on... now if I can just get accepted to a decent school!!!
I have been ok this week, not great but ok. DS leaves to head back to college this afternoon and we had his farewell supper last evening... complete with dessert... ugh! DH went and bought them and they were not friendly let me tell you! Oh well... had a little bit and let it go. I did get a walk in almost every night this week with the exception of last night because we had my other DS and his GF there for supper, by the time everyone left I was just too tired to worry about it.

Welcome Nessa!

I will be back shortly but have a doctors appointment so I have to cut this short!

Itryharder
08-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Hey Princess,
Sorry boss is being a jerk. You have the ultimate personality to be a nurse.
You'll be accepted. I'm sure you know, but in case you don't community colleges often offer nursing degrees in a two-year program and then you can work and continue onto a BS at another school. Congrats to you on :tread: and :strong:

I've got to run, but just wanted to check in and say hi.
Congrats to Nessa for doing so well for the day! :woo: :dance:

Good luck to us all.
Judy!

Itryharder
08-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh, Nessa, yes--I have tried using Core foods on the points plan. I still tend to eat too much bread. Glad to have you with us. :chef:
Judy

ladybugnessa
08-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh, Nessa, yes--I have tried using Core foods on the points plan. I still tend to eat too much bread. Glad to have you with us. :chef:
Judy

See after 2 years on SBD I almost never eat bread (although it's allowed I've really gotten away from it)

Princess sorry to hear about work...

Princess1122
08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks Judy and Nessa... as with all things "this too shall pass" =) Thank God! I am excited about going back to school and am looking into a community college program here that may work out well for me. Will just have to see what they say.

Any plans for the holiday weekend turtles?

We are going to look at a dog that needs a home... his parents are splitting up and as they have a lot of animals they can not keep them all... there is a dog that needs a new forever home and since he is a German Shepard which DH wants very badly we are going to take one of our dogs down to visit him and see if they get along... if so then we will have a fourth four legged child soon... LOL. Once you have one or two... what is three or four :D

Nessa, I am so glad that you are joining our group, what a wonderful addition you will make! Welcome again!

I have to run but have a great weekend everyone and do the best to stay on your goal path... it is all we can do.

Princess

CherryAutumn
08-29-2008, 12:19 PM
It is nice to see so many posts on here since i last posted. It is very encouraging.

Nessa- So happy to have a new member. This is a great little thread with a lot of support and motivtion.

Princess- That is neat you may be getting another dog. german shepherds are beautiful animals.

Judy- If i could change anything from this past week it would be to stop sabatoging myself by eating a half of a large pizza while my DH eats the other half. Sometimes i feel addicted to it. Maybe it it the carbs. Maybe i should lean towards core foods myself to help with cravings.

bandit2
08-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone & welcome Nessa - always nice to have new people with new tips on this site. Sure, you will fit right in - nice group of ladies.

Cherry - Nice job on yourloss this week, keep it up.

Princess - I hear you about the job - there are days when it would be nice to pack it in & change careers. Good for you for doing what you want.

Judy - have fun with your kids this weekend & I will post recipe when I can.

As for myself, I am heading to trailer tomorrow a.m. & some ladies are coming up for the day, so that should be fun. My gf is stopping by trailer Sun on her way to her trailer so will visit for awhile with her.

Weather is suppose to be nice so hoping to get in some swims,walks, and campfire.

Everyone have a great long weekend!

LaurenH
08-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Welcome, Nessa! Hello, everyone.

I'm in my two-week weight-loss trough right now. Seems that half of every month, I don't lose any weight. It's funny. Well, not *funny* exactly; very trying, in fact! But I should see a good loss next week.

Still following my plan faithfully with the occasional extra fruit, veggies, and yogurt.

Our month of house guests has finally ended -- we have this entire weekend to ourselves! Hooray! Then next weekend, we're going to Chicago to be somebody *else's* problem for a few days. I told our hostess I'll be bringing a cooler with my meals in it. Too bad; she's a very good cook! Ah, well. I'm getting so close to onederland, I'm very motivated right now.

Hope you all have a marvelous weekend -- and happy Labor Day!

Itryharder
08-29-2008, 07:08 PM
omg! Lauren, that weight is pouring off you. Weigh to go! :goodscale: You are so inspiring to me because you've had so many social occasions and company and you kept on track like a good, very good, tortoise. :dance: I'm here to cheer you on when you hit onederland and I know you'll do the same for me: goal is onederland by December 20th! I can do this!

Everybody --let's keep on keepin' on.
Judy

bandit2
09-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi turtles - nice weekend up here. Lots of sunshine, which was nice for a change.

I decided to start this calorie counting thing a week early - I am starting their meetings next week & am already confused. From what I read, I should be having 1800 cal/day & on ww I was having approx 1300. Do you think maybe we are not eating enough on ww to lose lots of weight? Any comments would be helpful. Also I am going to start with having 1600 cal/day & see how that goes.

Hope you are all doing great!

Princess1122
09-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday! I did go to W/I on Saturday and was down .8 so I will take it. I have been taking walks each night as we need to get all the dogs exercised... LOL.

Bandit: I think I eat about 1600 calories a day anyway... LOL. But I know what you are saying, I don't know the answer to it though. I know the closer you get to goal the harder it is lose weight... ugh!

I have to run but will check back on my lunch break.

Princess

ladybugnessa
09-03-2008, 08:58 AM
hey Princess .8 is great... it's almost a pound...

as for calories... so many things on WW are point free but have calories. I know i get about 200 calories per day of point free veggies....

bandit2
09-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi turtle:

Princess - nice job on the job! Keep it going.

Nessa - that probably is the answer, the "free" things still have calories, so if you actually included them the calorie allotment would be greater.
Makes sense.

So far staying on track, but tonight my gf comes & we have wine which I will be counting - so that will put my calories up for sure.

Anyway, have a great day!

Itryharder
09-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi Guys,
I was trying to figure out an answer to Bandit's question and I think you're all right! It would be interesting to track calories for a bit to see what I'm actually taking in.

Princess, weigh to go! :goodscale: and :tread: It's great to see the scale heading in the right direction.

I'm heading to WI right now, but I'll check in later.
Judy

Itryharder
09-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Turtles,
I'm not quite as enthusiastic as when I left for the meeting. I was up .6# this week and I made a lot of good choices. I do feel I am coming into my weight loss time of the year and I'm bound and determined to do this!!!!

New recipe:
WW cheesecake
2cups ff sour cream
vanilla instant sf ff pudding
Mix them together and chill. If you make it into 8 small servings, they are 1point each. You can adapt the size of the serving and this is also Core.
I just made it to see if it's any good and it is! vEry rich. Someone in the group added some lemon zest and poured it into a reduced fat graham cracker crust.--nice idea. :chef:

Okay I gotta run. You all take care and be well and drink your water.
Love, Judy

ladybugnessa
09-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi Turtles,
I'm not quite as enthusiastic as when I left for the meeting. I was up .6# this week and I made a lot of good choices. I do feel I am coming into my weight loss time of the year and I'm bound and determined to do this!!!!

New recipe:
WW cheesecake
2cups ff sour cream
vanilla instant sf ff pudding
Mix them together and chill. If you make it into 8 small servings, they are 1point each. You can adapt the size of the serving and this is also Core.
I just made it to see if it's any good and it is! vEry rich. Someone in the group added some lemon zest and poured it into a reduced fat graham cracker crust.--nice idea. :chef:

Okay I gotta run. You all take care and be well and drink your water.
Love, Judy

oh i make something like that but instead of the ff sour cream I use low-fat riciotta and mix well with a hand mixer... also i use cheesecake pudding or white chocolate pudding.... have no idea what the points would be with ricotta over ff sour cream...

ladybugnessa
09-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Weighed in.... OMG 4.8 pounds gone!

Princess1122
09-04-2008, 08:43 AM
OMG Nessa!!!! That is fantastic!!!!!!!

Back later to post more but saw your post and just had to reply!!!!!!!!!!

bandit2
09-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Morning, turtles:

Nessa - WOW - that is awesome. Any tips for the rest of us? I haven't had a loss like that since week #1 of ww. Good for you!

How's everyone else doing? Had dinner with my gf last night & we had big salad with grilled chicken & of course, wine. BUt everyone was counted and I had leftover calories, which was good.

This weekend will be challenging - Ribfest up here and it really is good.
Will have to eat extra light all day since I know calories will be really high.

Anyone watching Workout? Also I am looking forward to Biggest Loser.

My w/i is tomorrow - hoping I lost.

Itryharder
09-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Nessa, weigh to go! :goodscale: That is fabulous! You really got down to business.

Bandit, I'm looking forward to a :goodscale: for you too. Also, The Biggest Loser will be fun to watch. Last season was my first time watching it and I found it inspiring.

Princess, have a great weekend. Wasn't Nessa's loss great?

Lauren, is this the week you're traveling? Chrily and Cherry and all the turtles---drink lots of water and stay OP.

Yesterday and today have been good OP days for me and I even got in some gardening yesterday.
Judy

bandit2
09-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Morning turtles:

Judy - good job for staying OP this week.

I was down 1.4# this week so that is a start in right direction. Hoping the ribs won't do too much damage for my next w/i. Also yesterday at work, they had ice-cream cake & I said no & they cut me small piece anyway. So, of course I ended up eating it. But counted it & had lighter dinner.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Princess1122
09-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Howdy all!

Bandit: You go girl! I am very happy and very proud of you! You really are doing great!

Judy: Heck yeah Nessa's loss was fabulous! How are you doing lately? Hanging in there? Don't ever forget Judy... we can do this!

Nessa: Again, awesome job! Throw some hints our way when you get a chance.

In a hurry but will try and stop back over the weekend...

Have a happy day all!
Princess

ladybugnessa
09-05-2008, 03:40 PM
the one thing i can say is

WEIGH and measure everything and go by weights

while a cup of onions has no points
3 oz is half a point.

Itryharder
09-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Bandit!!! :goodscale: Isn't it great when you do the right thing and then get a weight loss? :woo: :bravo: Don't let the ribs worry you. Plan for them and count them in. You are doing it!

Princess, yeah, I'm hanging in. I had a weird thing happen in my breasts and needed an MRI and ultrasound even though my mammography was clear. The upshot is that I'm normal and the doc wants to see me twice a year for a check. It seems like over indulgent to me, but honestly it's probably a good idea. In the meantime I'm working on the real health threat which is being so overweight! I havae to get back to exercise--how many times have you heard that? It's been hot and muggy here and I pretty much gave up on exercise all summer long. Overall, my weight is up about 4 pounds since April--not the direction I wanted to go in, but you are right. I can do this! I have done this!! And I will do this!

Nessa, congrats again. :bravo: Please share tips!

Cherry and Lauren and Chrily, keep on keepin' on and let us have some suggestions to help us out.
Judy
Have a good weekend!

Itryharder
09-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi; Turtles,
We've gotten long, so I'll see you at #205!
Judy