Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Ch-ch-changes...

So I just started law school, well it was orientation this week and then I start next week. Anyways, every single day they've given us breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And I am proud to say I have been super good all week! I ignored those bagels and muffins (even though they looked delicious!) and went straight for the fresh fruits. For lunch at a restaurant I went w/a turkey sandwhich and only ate half-and turned down french fries (you have no idea how hard that was for me! or actually maybe you do). And then for dinner I stuck with small portions of the healthiest things on the table! and I managed to do it all week! I am so excited that I managed to resist temtations!

But on the flip side of this, I have achieved my mini-goal weight of 159..actaully a pound belowe it now. I chose this weight bc when I started college my weight ranged from 150-159 and I was a size 10. I am currently a size 12. And I've now reached my freshman year weight-and I'm STILL a size 12! I don't get it! I'm so frustrated by it. I have holes on the inner thigh of all 3 pairs of jeans I own, but refuse to shell out any more money on a wardrobe I'm determined will not fit shortly. But I also don't want to look like crap for law school-the whole point is to make a good impression...not that i'm a scrub. sigh.

How much more will I have to lose before I can finally squeeze back into a size 10? (for the record I can pull and zip them up-but can't move afterwards, sitting is out of the question, and my muffin top= not attractive. Though it's much smaller than the mushroom cloud I had a month ago...)
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I find that I drop a size after about a 15 pound loss.
Here's a hint for you. Try shopping thrift stores and consignment stores for clothes while you are losing.I got all my jeans that way and got some great looking jeans and cheap while I was at the losing game.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Good for you, Rachiebach! Resisting temptation is definitely winning the battle. I have been the opposite in my weight loss. Before I got pregnant (two years ago), I weighed 155 and was a tight size 10. When I hit 155 after losing my baby weight like a month and a half ago, I was a size 8. Now I am a loose 8 at 148, except in dresses, where I am still a size 10 because of my Michael Phelps' lookalike back. You may drop a size after 10 pounds. That's been my experience.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #4  
carinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachiebach View Post
for the record I can pull and zip them up-but can't move afterwards, sitting is out of the question, and my muffin top= not attractive. Though it's much smaller than the mushroom cloud I had a month ago...
Sorry, but that just cracked me up!

Congrats on the wonderful direction your life is going in. Sounds like it's just going to get better and better!
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #5  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm having the same problem! I'm down to 154 lbs. and still wearing a 12 (a much looser 12, but a 12 nonetheless). The last time I wore a 10, I weighed more than this!

I can't figure it out - almost 20 lbs. lost and I still haven't dropped a pants size. Perhaps we're just carrying our weight in different places now?

It's frustrating.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachiebach View Post
But on the flip side of this, I have achieved my mini-goal weight of 159..actaully a pound belowe it now. I chose this weight bc when I started college my weight ranged from 150-159 and I was a size 10. I am currently a size 12. And I've now reached my freshman year weight-and I'm STILL a size 12! I don't get it! I'm so frustrated by it. I have holes on the inner thigh of all 3 pairs of jeans I own, but refuse to shell out any more money on a wardrobe I'm determined will not fit shortly. But I also don't want to look like crap for law school-the whole point is to make a good impression...not that i'm a scrub. sigh.

How much more will I have to lose before I can finally squeeze back into a size 10? (for the record I can pull and zip them up-but can't move afterwards, sitting is out of the question, and my muffin top= not attractive. Though it's much smaller than the mushroom cloud I had a month ago...)
Wow, it is so hard to say. I mean, we are the same height, almost the same start and goal weights. But I was 162 this morning, and still quite solidly in a size 14.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote