Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Weekly Weighers - Do you peek?

I weigh in every Friday morning between 6 and 7AM (whenever I finally roll out of bed).

Sometimes I peak during the weak and either cheer or boo the scale. I've found it gives me the for an OP day when it's down...but when it's up I get a little

Do you ever peak at night, to see what you're fluctuations are?

Last edited by Altari; 08-21-2008 at 08:28 AM. Reason: misspelled...not enough caffeeine
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #2  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

I do sometimes, but ive learned not to get too excited over that number because by the time WI day is actually here its always a different number.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #3  
Workin' It

I come and go with the peeking between weigh-in... I 'officially' weigh every other Friday, like you, between 6a-7a. I do an unofficial weigh on the other Fridays, that I usually log in italics, like that makes it not really cheating and weighing in the middle...

The last few weeks I have been weighing here and there during the week, and, yes, occassionally at night, just to see where I am. I don't write any of them down, and I don't weigh on my profile setting on my scale so it doesn't record it. It does give me a little motivation to stay on plan sometimes, other times I just want to see how different things affect me from day to day...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/183/160

Height: 5' 8"

I don't have a set weigh-in day, I guess I should, lol. I weigh in probably twice a week though. I do need to keep an eye on it, but if I'm having a bad day I know better than to get on and feel bad about it. After a few good days I usually will check then. Which is all babble and makes little sense, lol.
InkyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #5  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I weigh every morning, so I guess I do "peek."

But I only report what I weigh on Friday, whether it's higher or lower than what I've been seeing all week on the scale...

I never weigh at night.

Last edited by UrsusMaritimus; 08-21-2008 at 01:39 PM.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:45 PM   #6  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I weigh every Saturday morning when I get up. I'm tempted to weigh in between but that just drives me crazy--especially if the weight is higher than it should be. So I squelch the desire and wait.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Yeah.. I peek.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #8  
Changing for the better

My "official" weigh-in day was Sunday before breakfast.....now I just weigh every 4 days or so, but don't really care about the number. I go more by how I look than what the scale says.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm daily, not weekly... but sometimes I weigh at night out of curiosity. My weight is often 3 pounds higher in the evening than it is first thing in the morning. So, that tells me not to weigh in the evening!

I also record my weight every day, but I like to look at what happens over time. I've recently noticed a 10-day cycle of up and down, up and down. Maybe it's the phases of the moon? Extraterrestrial visits? I don't have periods anymore, so it's not likely to be hormonal... Now, if I choose the right days, I'll see the low numbers more often... heh heh heh...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #10  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

I hate how much weight goes up by the nighttime. I've been up to 8 pounds heavier at night than in the morning. The next morning, that 8 pounds magically disappears.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I "count" my weekly weigh-ins, but I still weigh every morning and record it. As for the evening, I didn't used to. Then I tried it a few times because I was curious how it would differ. I found that I weigh 3-4 pounds more in the evening - and if the evening weight is down, I'm pretty sure the morning weight will be down too. Now, if I'm losing weight in the morning pretty consistently, I'm not too tempted to weigh in the evening. But, since I've slowed way down, I often give in and weigh in the evening to try to tell sooner if the morning will be down .

Weighing every day doesn't cause me problems. If it's up, I'm motivated to eat well and get it moving. If it's down, I'm very motivated not to lose that loss. It's good either way.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 8"

I started out as a weekly weigher but found myself "peeking" so often I finally had to break down and just admit to being a daily weigher. Which, as it turns out, has helped me understand my fluctuations better and be a little less freaked out by them. Since the scale can be such a random creature, it doesn't grasp the concept of a specific day of the week. There have been lots of times when I've weighed in one day and been either up or down several pounds the next. If I had stuck with weekly and that particular day of the week had been *up* days, I probably would have gone insane (instead of just nuts ).
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #13  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

I've done an experimental week or two where I weighed every day just to see what happened. But generally speaking, peeking isn't helpful to me, so I don't do it. I like the excitement of getting on the scale once per week and being wowed by the new number.

However, this week I did weigh myself once mid-week, mid-day, because I had just been to the doctor's office and been weighed...so I came right home and got on the scale (same clothes and all, hadn't eaten or drunk anything, hadn't been to the bathroom), so that I could see what the difference between their scale and mine is. Theirs shows me at 2 pounds lighter
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:22 AM   #14  
Queen of the World

S/C/G: 256/256/190

Height: 5 feet 8 inches

I made a conscious decision to not own a scale because I make myself crazy and want to weigh several times a day. It doesn't motivate me to weigh in so many times it just depresses me because whether I've gained or lost I don't believe the number. I weigh in once a week on the scale in the nurse's office at the school where I work. I weigh in on Fridays because I wear the same thing every Friday. (It's school shirt and jeans day.)
Writermom46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 183.8/183.8/150

Height: 5'4

I do peek, I might weigh myself 4-5 times a week. I like weighing myself before I go to my meeting so I can get an idea of the weight difference between both scales.
lexi1975 is offline   Reply With Quote