South Beach Diet - Took a Break From the Beach.....

View Full Version : Took a Break From the Beach.....

Brockbabe
08-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi

I recently began the SBD Phase 1 on Aug 12th. After completing a week, I began to move into my new place and was without a stove or fridge... And I sort of fell off the wagon eating convenience foods. Someone made a comment to me today and asked me how the diet was going and I felt stupid....

I am down about 3lbs from start weight but TOM is approaching.

Although I did notice a significant difference in my protruding belly, I did feel weak on Phase 1 and somewhat foggy, perhaps I wasn't eating enough.....

So I will be restarting shortly as I continue to stock my fridge with healthy foods.

I am starting Teachers College Sept 2nd and I will be brownbagging it so I can definetely pack healthy lunches...

Wish me luck :)

murphmitch
08-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Good luck! You can do it! :goodluck:

little chick
08-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Good Luck. You will feel foggy and lite headed it is called the SBD Flu, it is your body getting rid of all that sugar. (detox) just make sure you eat your 4.5 cups of veggies a day and make sure you eat beans it will help and drinks lots of water.

Brockbabe
08-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Thank you

Yesterday I made a homemade minestrone (vegetarian) with fresh tomato, basil,eggplant,romano, and kidney beans and it was amazing. I have IBS and I find that having beans really helps move things along. I will have another serving today. It feels good to eat healthy :)

Pacergal29
08-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Good luck to you! You will find this board is a great motivational tool, helps to keep you honest if you are checking in and reporting your sucess and even your failures. Look forward to seeing you around here.

SunshineCA
08-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Good luck!! :goodvibes