Weight Loss Support - Introduction

View Full Version : Introduction

stlwazzy
04-03-2002, 02:09 AM
HI everyone! I am new to this type of thing, so bear with me. I'm looking forward to getting to know the folks in this room. I am looking for encouragement because my husbnd lost his job today and all I want to do is eat! The Lord has blessed me so much, and I'm even grateful that these hard times cause me to be more dependent on Him. I've lost 22 pounds since before Thanksgiving with at least that much yet to go and I don't want to lose ground. So please pray for me!!
I am a Christian counselor who absolutely loves my ministry!! I am being challenged now to practice what I preach. Darn!!
Thanks for listening(reading?). I hope I get the hang of this- I don't even know what a 'thread' is! Later!

Zoe
04-03-2002, 10:52 PM
Hi ~ Welcome to a great place.....3FC is wonderful, filled with support and friendship.

come join us on the Christian Encourager's tread, right here in the "Support" group. We'd love to have you.

2cute2Bfat
04-03-2002, 11:32 PM
I also want to welcome you to 3FCs.
It is a wonderful form of support.

A thread is just a group of posts. Someone starts a topic and then all the replys make up the "thread".

You started this thread. Then Zoe and my response makes it a thread.

To join into a group that is already established... hit "REPLY" and then you will join the group instead of starting a new thread.

Hope that helps some.
To join the Christian Encouragers Thread go back to the list of titles and hunt for "Christian Encouragers"
Good luck.. and welcome

stlwazzy
04-04-2002, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the great welcome! I almost didn't find this page again because I'm almost computer illiterate...my son is my 'seeing eye dog' in the computer world and he gets tired of answering my questions all the time!
I made it through my desire to binge last night. I weighed in with my nutritionist and hadn't lost any weight this week-but I didn't GAIN either! Yay!
I'm seeing God's blessings already in this time of struggle. My nutritionist (not a believer) out of the blue gave me the next four sessions with her for free! My hubby sent out a few resumes and made plans to network with some old coworkers tomorrow. I believe that God will hold us up but we have to take the first step.
Enough of that. I have a long counseling day tomorrow, so I need to go recharge my batteries. G'Night, all!