Alternachicks - Favorite Tattoos

View Full Version : Favorite Tattoos

Silverstar33
08-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi girls,
I was reading PrettyPaula's post thread about sleeves and was curious - anyone have any dream tattoos you would get if you could, or any tattoos that you're really proud of?

Spoz
08-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I'd really like tribal kind of tattoo around my ankle and up the back of my leg. Or my whole back. I havent any designs in mind, but it's something I'm looking into.

ollie27
08-20-2008, 12:32 PM
most of my dream tattoos involve getting the ones i already have worked on as they are all around 10 years old. i love the look of new ink. the back of my left calf is covered by an ankh. i'm getting it redone as soon as i find a good artist and get some dough.

i've got visions of grandeur to redo all my tats. i recently redid my seahorse on my ankle and made it more colorful and friendly. i got it done in my angst years and it was more of an evil seahorse with horns and red eyes. now it looks doe eyed and sweet with kelp and bubbles around it:)

on my right arm i have the name of my first cat whom i had to put to sleep several years ago. since her passing i have gotten three cats. i'd love to find a good portrait tatoo artist and get a half sleeve of all three cats. have them curled into one another with my first cat's name remaining in the middle.

obsessed with my cats, i know.

i got three more tats i am revisioning, but keeping the same idea.

missygith
08-20-2008, 08:27 PM
While I was helping my parents go thru their estate... I found a beautiful tea cup saucer (no cup) With a pattern of cherry blossoms. I want them on my shoulders, one curving and wrapping around to the front the other to the back. I also want a design Im working on for gauntlets on each arm. I do henna and as time goes by with my two little boys, I get busier and busier, I want something always there. My DH is giving me $10 for every pound I loose so I win both ways. Money for a new tattoo and a leaner body to display them on! The wrist and shoulders are to cover up old cheap tattoos, a snake, and a homemade felix the cat. I have two other tattoos on my leg, (anklette and a thigh design about 20" x 4") I kinda like em' b/c I did them myself and they are clean and pretty.
I really think tattoos are such good "keep you in check" kinda things in that one doesnt really want to get too big and ruin the design. A sleave looks so sexy on a well toned arm... not so hot sitting on top of a lot of flab and cellulite. I'll have to post em when I get em

DaraMarie
08-20-2008, 10:32 PM
most of my dream tattoos involve getting the ones i already have worked on as they are all around 10 years old. i love the look of new ink. the back of my left calf is covered by an ankh. i'm getting it redone as soon as i find a good artist and get some dough.

i've got visions of grandeur to redo all my tats. i recently redid my seahorse on my ankle and made it more colorful and friendly. i got it done in my angst years and it was more of an evil seahorse with horns and red eyes. now it looks doe eyed and sweet with kelp and bubbles around it:)

on my right arm i have the name of my first cat whom i had to put to sleep several years ago. since her passing i have gotten three cats. i'd love to find a good portrait tatoo artist and get a half sleeve of all three cats. have them curled into one another with my first cat's name remaining in the middle.

obsessed with my cats, i know.

i got three more tats i am revisioning, but keeping the same idea.

I have an outline of a cat on my shoulder, and under it says "Matilda" in my own handwriting with a heart. My Matilda died on 3-6-06, and I got the tat for her. I have another cat now, Sampsonite, and after he passes, hopefully many many years from now, I will add his name. (I actually have three cats living in my house, but two of them are my boyfriends)

I also have a big tat on my back that I got when I turned 18. It's a moon and stars drawing that comes from the sleeve of a Smashing Pumpkins album, which is my all time favorite band ever ever ever. It's my fav tat because it's so big and it hurt so bad but I toughed right through it because I'm awesome! :D

nakedmango
08-20-2008, 10:55 PM
I have a hieroglyphics tattoo on my lower back which I need to get touched up. If I can take a picture when it's done I'll post it. :D

I haven't officially made it my goal/reward, but I want to get a tattoo that says "this too shall pass" on my back, and I'm unofficially waiting until I hit goal before I get it. That, and maybe a lotus flower. I actually had a dream about getting a lotus flower tattoo. So I googled it, and it's kinda fitting. So I don't know if it was a random synapses dream that may just be coincidentally appropriate. ...Or if it was a, you know, meaningful dream. :yoga:

(I feel like a weirdo for talking about "meaningful dreams." Should a newbie like myself be sounding like a weirdo already? :D)

ollie27
08-20-2008, 10:55 PM
the pumpkins rock. siamese dream is one of my fav albums. sorry to hear about matilda :( pretty kitty (yes my arm says "pretty kitty", but **** that was her name) died 9 years ago and there are times where i still cry. she rocked. she rocked so hard. sampsonite is a rad name btw

i have a tarot card on my left thigh. it's from the osho zen tarot and it's the card for "silence". that's the only one i have where i got the drawing off of something i loved. the deck is soooo beautiful. i have everything but the lake and light reflection, i'm still wondering how to get that done...

http://www.oshobrasil.com.br/Silence.jpg

Silverstar33
08-21-2008, 06:29 AM
This is really, really weird! I only have one tattoo at this point, and it's artwork from the Smashing Pumpkins melancholly and the infinite sadness album (promise not to laugh at the pic, quality sucks but then I've never attempted to take a photo of my own hip before). My best friend and I got the same tattoo together. We were both such huge fans back then. We saw them eight times together.

bananapancakes
08-21-2008, 01:50 PM
I plan on getting two more when I drop this weight. I want the two I have covered up since I no longer like them. I have a small tribal love heart on my lower back which I want to have covered with the tattoo of a small cherry blossom tree but, the trunk of the tree will be a man and womans body entwined. The other I have right now is on my wrsit and it's the Scottish motto (I'm Scottish) "Nemo me impune lacessit"- meaning "no one harms me with impunity". I'd like this covered since the guy messed up the font- I'd like to to be replaced with a lotus flower- the lotus flower germinates at the bottom of the murky water as a weed and rises up to the waters surface and blossoms in to a beautiful flower, kinda reminds me of my weight loss and it would be a daily reminder to make good choices and remain healthier and prettier.

x meowkat x
08-21-2008, 08:34 PM
These are the 2 I have right now, the first is just below my neck and the second is on my right shoulder blade:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/sexy_kat/Kattat.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/sexy_kat/cattat.jpg

I'm seriously considering getting a clarinet tattooed right down my spine...maybe after I meet goal and save up hundreds of dollars, haha. I also eventually want one in color, and I need one on my left shoulder blade so I'm not lopsided anymore :p ...not so sure about the content of those yet though. My bf and I are both Scorpios, and we've been thinking once we get married (whenever that is, lol) we might each end up with 2 scorpions whose tails are curled to form a heart....we'll see about that one.

carinna
08-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Too chicken to get a tatoo. :o But I do think they're way cool!

mayness
08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
I only have one, a butterfly on my ankle... it's cute, and my favorite colors (purple and teal) but it's tiny and I really want another. :)

For a while, I wanted a very specific tattoo but couldn't figure out how to find someone to do it (or a good picture of it)... that fish from Fantasia, from the Nutcracker suite. Kinda goldfish-like, but with pouty lips and long eyelashes. Someone recommended basing it on a picture of Chloe, from Pinocchio, but she's more cute and less sexy, heh.

Now I want something with multicolored stars. I saw a show that was talking about some of the women on the Suicide Girls web site, and one of them had these rainbow stars, I think on her forearm, all different sizes, with thick black outlines and each filled in with a different color. It was adorable.

ollie27
08-21-2008, 09:57 PM
love the kitty reading sheet music meowkat!

txsqlchick
08-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Too chicken to get a tatoo. :o But I do think they're way cool!

Me too. I used to draw fake ones on myself when I was younger (and willing to show those body parts). Mostly I drew Egyptian symbols because I thought they looked cool.

lizziep
08-22-2008, 02:35 AM
i have a red gecko lizard on my ankle- got it when i just turned 18. Also have a sun/moon tribal design on my left shoulder that i got w/ my maid of honor the night before i got married.

i don't know if i have a dream tattoo- but i do love whole back pieces and half sleeves on girls i find totally sexy. i don't know if i'd ever do either.

i have my next two tattoos planned though- something, i'm not sure what yet, that is based on my favorite anime series Haibane Renmei. I want that next year for my birthday. Then I want to get a moth on my right foot in honor of my grandmother who's favorite book was A Girl of the Limberlost.

Beyond that I don't know what i want, only that I want all the tattoos that I get to have some meaning to me.

twilit tera
08-22-2008, 11:55 AM
I have a thing about tattoos. I love them, but have promised myself that any marks I have will be something so deeply meaningful to me that they'll never be "outdated" by my personality. It took several years to find the first artwork I wanted to put on my body -

It's a tattoo representing my hubby on my lower back, a quill and katana crossing each other.

Now I think I'm ready to add a spiritual/religious symbol as well - a triskele... I'll have to put it somewhere easily hid by clothing since my plan is to become an early gradeschool teacher.

A new tat would make a fantastic "ultimate goal" reward! Thanks for the idea!

Tera

Silverstar33
08-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Yes, it would be a great goal reward!

I'd really like to get a large tattoo over my right shoulder of an Edward Gorey lithograph that I love, but I'm a little concerned about how all the tiny hatch marks would come out on skin.

NiftyTink
08-22-2008, 01:38 PM
For a while, I wanted a very specific tattoo but couldn't figure out how to find someone to do it (or a good picture of it)... that fish from Fantasia, from the Nutcracker suite. Kinda goldfish-like, but with pouty lips and long eyelashes. Someone recommended basing it on a picture of Chloe, from Pinocchio, but she's more cute and less sexy, heh.

I want a Tattoo from Fantasia also. Its peter pegasus, the cute little black baby pegasus thats learning to fly. Its going to be my present to myself when I lose the weight. Its so hard to find good pictures though!

CatRocks
09-02-2008, 12:47 PM
I have an awesome geisha and cherry blossom half sleeve on my left arm and leopard print on my right shoulder. I love them and i'll get photos up soon :)
Cat
x

crazy4eachother
10-17-2008, 11:51 PM
My favorite is my avatar. My dh name. I'm looking forward to starting my half sleeves (elbow to wrists ... upper arms too fat lol!).

luvmyinnerdemon
10-28-2008, 12:36 AM
I have one and want many more. I have the chesire cat standing on his head on my right shoulder, sort of a self portrait.

What i want: I want talamoohoka (sp??) the caterpilliar from alice in wonderland on the left shoulder smoking a hooka and in the hooka smoke i want it to spell my kids names, i also want something nightmare before christmas related, not sure excatly yet. Also i want a moogle from the final fantasy series and four-leaf clover somwhere to represent my irish heriatage.

for those of you that dont have one and are planning to get one, beware they are addictive :)

WormwoodDoll
11-10-2008, 09:19 PM
luvmyinnerdemon I know! I have 6 right now and have many already planned once I get the money. Hehe!

But right now I have a Dryad that I am getting as a Christmas gift. She's gonna be so gorgeous!

Gypsy Severina
11-11-2008, 06:08 PM
My one and only tattoo is a butterfly with sparkling purple fairy dust swirling around it with daisies caught in the swirl on my upper thigh. I had it on my last account.

I think my next one will be on my ankle so that I don't have to whip out my phone to show people my tattoo (I wear jeans, lots of jeans). Maybe a henna-style band of some kind, not sure yet, but definitely something tribal.

meowkat- Your neck tattoo looks exactly like my pentacle with Oroboros! Love it!

mazza
11-11-2008, 07:08 PM
http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/Comics/Kris/cats.png (http://www.explosm.net/comics/1385/)
[/URL]

kelly315
11-11-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm fond of all my tattoos. Here's two of them:

On my wrist, then on my back
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f13/heydello/035.jpghttp://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f13/heydello/033-1.jpg

kelly315
11-11-2008, 07:10 PM
oh, sorry those are so huge. stupid photobucket.
*edit* nvm, I fixed them

WormwoodDoll
11-12-2008, 11:06 PM
This is my new favorite of my 7. I got him yesterday (11/11). But I love all of my tattoos dearly.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l139/accidentalprotege/newtattoo-1.jpg?t=1226545532

Elerine
11-12-2008, 11:40 PM
How do tattoos go at covering up scars?

I have some on my wrist (long story) that I'd love to cover now.

alligatorskin
11-12-2008, 11:47 PM
I want so many tattoos it's ridiculous. My first one, which I'll hopefully be getting soon, will be the lyrics "let us be free" in my cursive on my left wrist. The lyrics mean a lot to me and song always raises my spirits and makes me feel young and free. Looking down at my wrist every day would definitely put a smile on my face no matter what.

I also want a Shel Silverstein drawing somewhere on me. When I lose weight I was thinking somewhere on my ribs but I'm not too sure yet. I know of tons of things I want.. I just never know where to place them! I would also love to have half sleeves or even full sleeves that are Andy Warhol inspired but I'm not too sure yet.

WormwoodDoll
11-13-2008, 12:42 AM
alligatorskin - I have so many ideas, my head explodes! At this rate, I'll have no skin left! Haha.

iridescent crash
11-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Oh how I love tattoos! I have three so far and I can't wait to get more. I already have my next few chosen, I just need to find the right place for them.

I love them all and I can't wait for more. I've had my spider the longest, almost five years. The pincushion heart and constellation I've had for over two.

tlindsey82
11-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Rose tattoo on my forearm, butterfly on my lower back (i know, i know... i was 18), and very large wings covering most of my back. I HEART TATTOOS!!!

Gypsy Severina
11-17-2008, 12:50 AM
I was thinking about getting wings on my back, but I'd be afraid of losing canvas space on my body, lol.

Thighs Be Gone
11-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Um, no. :)

WormwoodDoll
11-17-2008, 12:32 PM
tlindsey82 - How much did you weigh when you got the wings on your back? I'm sorry if that's a tad bit personal, just curious but I want to get my back done.

going2Bhealthy
11-20-2008, 09:21 AM
I guess my favourite tattoo would be the gecko I have on my back, it was taken from a photgraph and is a great piece of work. I'm going to get my first tattoo expanded, it's just a star on my right wrist but I'm going to get it expanded so it has a ring of other stars and symbols going right around my wrist. I'm also going to get my other tattoo redone as it lost a lot of ink when healing, it's an Ankh with two snakes... hard to explain but I designed it myself so it's personal :)

When I reach goal I am going to get a muther of a tattoo starting on my back, coming round my ribs, across my stomach and down my thigh. At least that is the plan. I'm basing the design on a Tord Boontje design, but with added symbolism relating to my life and my family etc. Goddess only knows hwo much it's going to cost me, but I'm saving, slowly but surely :D

lessthanthreeme
11-23-2008, 01:57 AM
I really want a tattoo that i designed that reminds me of my grandma. She is an amazing person and has had such a positive impact on my life. She has had Alzheimer's for 8 years and she has come very close to the end in the pass few days...and it has really been hard. =( I am just not sure of who the artist should be...I want the tattoo to be AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL!

PrettyPaula
11-23-2008, 04:10 PM
wow a thread something i said sparked! awesome!

ive had my feet tattooed whilst ive been MIA. I have the word Rock on one and Roll on the other. Ive also had more sleeve work done, hoping for another couple of hours this month. Im taking it to a full sleeve now :)

painted lady
11-23-2008, 07:19 PM
i have several favorite tattoos, but my absolute favorite one is my newest one. it is a beehive, some bees, flowers, and the phrase "The Sweet Life." i also have a cat, a cup of tea, and some books. here are some pictures! the last one is for context.

wantingtolose
11-23-2008, 08:10 PM
I love all of them :) I just have one small butterfly on Yes, my lower back. I'm planning on getting a bunch of flowers that represent my husband, and my two kids on my back when i am done losing weight.
I also have a brown recluse scar on my leg, that i want to get a spider tattoo to cover, i just hate spiders so i have to find the perfect design.

Porz2008
11-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Tattoos are so terribly addictive! I only have 4, but I constantly have a few I'm waiting to have done. I did get my fourth at the beginning the summer, after almost 20 years since my third. Where did that time go anyways?

My newest is a phoenix on my upper arm. Can't post an image yet since I just joined though. I'll have to come back once I manage to post a bit more. No more lurking for me it seems. ;)

JRockSoldier
12-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Each of my tattoo's means something seriously important to me. I have 2 now, and a few in the works.

My first tattoo, it's Japanese (and chinese) kanji meaning "Wolf" one of my two spiritual guides. I tattoo'd this as a reminder that I'll always have someone on my shoulder :hug:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/AkiraKitano/Random/wolf.jpg

My 2nd tattoo (not a very good image) is of the symbol for the video game Final Fantasy 7. I've played that game way too many times and it really gave me insight into human behavior, psyche, and just, I can't describe it, it means a lot to me. It was a magnificent story.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/AkiraKitano/Random/ff7.jpg

I'm getting more, kanji for "Raven" my other spiritual guide, tattoo's is an addictive business!! :carrot:

dizzysoi
12-25-2008, 03:04 AM
I have four tattoos but my favourites are the ones on my back and wrist.

Then one on my back is a poem that pretty much says even if my voice dies I'll scream right through my heart.

and the wrist says "I'm addicted to the perceived fate"

Skullarix
12-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Wow girls I think my best looking tat is my skull on my leg.

RedKat
12-30-2008, 09:41 AM
I have quite a few, the one that I get the most comments on is my leg, I have a thistle on the upper thigh, a dolphin at the ankle, and a few years back I had an artist fill in the rest, his idea....basically a tribal design that starts the color of the dolphin and blends into the color of the thistle. It goes up to my hip....the pic quality is poor, sorry
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j112/Redkat420/legtat2.jpg

redgirl09
01-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I have a thai symbol on my wrist that means "princess"-an old nickname that I would quite like to get covered up, on one hip I have the words "amour vincit onmia" and on the other i have a big bit of tribal that covers up my very first tattoo(a very impulsive playboy bunny when i was 17),one full foot tattoo and one in progress!My feet have all kinds of stuff on cards,dice,skulls etc.I really want to get my half filled foot finalised this year and theres other stuff i want but thats for when i shift some lard,lol

amy180
04-12-2009, 09:02 AM
I want some of mine gone over, as they are a bit faded.

I don't have a good picture but my favorite that I already have was always my black dragon on my stomach. It's faded now but I'll have it gone over and I will like it again then. ^_^

Then, for many years I've wanted the painting on the inside of David Bowie's Diamond Dogs album on my leg, it's a painting by Guy Peelart (probably misspelled) of Bowie on a chair with a dog jumping up, I always really liked that picture. Currently feel like my legs are still too fat and I wouldn't want to show it off unless I lost a few pounds though, if I got it now. So that's my goal after, I dunno, 30 or 40 more pounds. Inner calf, not sure which calf yet.

SweetScrumptious
04-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I have a plan for my first tattoo - which I plan to get when I reach my ultimate goal weight. I have been thinking about this tattoo for a few good years now. I plan to have it start on my breast, go down my ribs, and end towards my hip. I plan to have chickadees on cherry blossoms. Not sure on color yet - thinking black and white for just the birds but the blossoms to be that nice pink.

I can't wait! I just need to find a very good artist who won't mess my idea up.

madamruppy
04-12-2009, 11:08 PM
My favorite tattoo is the large foo dog on my left calf. It is really nice but I don't seem to have a picture of it.

My next tattoo will be a picture of Ganesh over my second chakra. I wanted to put a link to the picture of it but it won't let me. *sigh*

Then after that I want a Jabberwock wrapping around my left shoulder blade with the first line of the poem following along the line of its body.

Riverite
04-12-2009, 11:27 PM
I would love to get tattoos on my shoulders and upper arms--but I don't know what would match with the tattoos on my back. All my tattoos are isolated, and don't really match each other--so I am starting to feel like patchwork. I wish I had started with an overall plan! But...I can't wait to get more. I also love cherry blossoms--and am thinking about getting some weaving down my right arm when I reach close to goal.

Tabby
04-13-2009, 12:32 AM
so far all I have is a sun with my son's name and Birth date inside of it on my lower right calf. I love it and want to get a moon with stars around it on the other leg

JasonsLea
04-13-2009, 05:17 AM
Great thread! I love the tats you guys have.

I don't have any tattoos yet but I have definite ideas of what I want! My first will probably be a grasshopper behind my ear. One of my BFFs is drawing a design of my little brother/sister initals intwined for another one. I'm getting the Greek words Νεράιδα Όνείρου which means dream fairy probably on my wrist. As cliche as it is, I want a butterfly tattoo, black/red with spiked wings on my hip after I lose the weight. I'm also thinking about black fairy wings on my back shoulder blades. :)

madamruppy
04-13-2009, 11:07 PM
I would love to get tattoos on my shoulders and upper arms--but I don't know what would match with the tattoos on my back. All my tattoos are isolated, and don't really match each other--so I am starting to feel like patchwork. I wish I had started with an overall plan! But...I can't wait to get more. I also love cherry blossoms--and am thinking about getting some weaving down my right arm when I reach close to goal.

Well they do have something in common, you. What are they perhaps someone here can find an element or theme that connects them that you like.

ladyrider72472
04-13-2009, 11:11 PM
I am getting married in Vegas...... I do not want a name on me (besides my two sons), any ideas? We would like to get matching tats..

kiramira
04-13-2009, 11:23 PM
I would love to get tattood, but live in a small town so I'm scared to death! I'd have to travel, and have no idea how to pick a tattoo artist who can do original work. I don't really want a pre-made one, but one created especially for me. And I have some questions -- maybe y'all have some advice?
I would LOVE to have peonies or cherry blossoms tattood from my lower right back wrapping around my waist and ending up on my front side. As peonies are Japanese, I would be best off finding a specialist in this type of art.
1. How do I find a great artist?
2. Do tattoos need to be redone (I've read references to having them freshened up) -- how often must they be touched up?
3. Do tattoos age poorly? My friend thinks that all tattoos look horrible when someone ages -- are there any photos of tattoos on older people that look great? My friend says that the only way to get a tattoo that looks great when you are 80 is to get one when you are 79!
Thanks!
Kira

amy180
04-14-2009, 08:08 AM
1. How do I find a great artist?
2. Do tattoos need to be redone (I've read references to having them freshened up) -- how often must they be touched up?
3. Do tattoos age poorly? My friend thinks that all tattoos look horrible when someone ages -- are there any photos of tattoos on older people that look great? My friend says that the only way to get a tattoo that looks great when you are 80 is to get one when you are 79!
Thanks!
Kira
Talk to people, ask questions, look around the internet, join forums and look around for artists.

as for aging and touching up, tattoos require special care is all. you should wear sunscreen when out in the sun to avoid fading (I didn't, and I blame this on mine fading), the one on my stomach looks crappy because of weight gain and a stretch mark running through it, but mainly because of the placement, ones i have elsewhere have not faded and look fine despite weight gain or having them for more than 10 years. I know plenty of people who have had tattoos for a long time and they aged just fine. I used to work across the street from an old folks home and saw plenty of old dudes with tattoos on their arms that maybe looked a bit blurry but mostly those even looked fine. I think a lot of the stuff you hear about them aging badly is myth. It's true that colors can fade, but you have to be prepared to take care of them to prevent that.

nippy29
04-14-2009, 10:35 AM
i would love a sleeve tattoo of a geisha... but my boyfriend would leave me if i went that far hahaha

fenderella5678
04-16-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm planning on getting a tattoo of Jeff Buckley lyrics, since his music is such an inspiration to me, and the way he lived and loved.
Anyway, they'll be on the inside of my wrists, above a musical staff with the notes of the song I'll be using. And on the right wrist it'll say "Drop down we two" and on the left "to serve and pray to love". I absolutely love those lyrics.
And my boyfriend (who introduced me to Jeff Buckley, needless to say he's also a huge fan) is getting a similar one across his shoulders at the top of his back, with the notes of the song he's using, and the lyrics are gonna be "Drink a little wine, we both might go tomorrow..."
:)
Now just to save up the money for them.

Su-Bee
04-16-2009, 03:45 PM
I have a lightening bolt with the word "unlucky" running all the way down my spine.

I want (in the fairly near future) to get a belt piece that is an ourobouros (snake swallowing its own tail), but somewhat more naturalistic / less stylized than the usual ourobouros tattoo you see. That may be my reward when I get these last 5 pounds off.

When I finish my PhD, I want to get a wreath of laurels as a chest piece.

CakeBatter
04-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I have twelve tattoos. I want to covered with something else. My fav is the the tribal under the butt cheek and the chinese going down my neck. My next three are as follows: Habiscus flowers going down my ribs (that is for goal), a garter belt and also the one my arm covered with a girly skull.

mayness
04-16-2009, 04:46 PM
I thought I had planned this before last August, when I first replied to this thread... oh well...

I really really REALLY want a DNA tattoo. I'm not sure where, or how big, or how detailed, or whether to use sequence from a real gene that means something to me... but I want it. I thought about making that my reward when I get my PhD, but I don't really want to wait 4 or 5 more years. I'm thinking I'll get it after I pass my qualifying exam... which will be about a year and a half from now.

I also thought about getting Tippi from Super Paper Mario... but I already have one butterfly... and no one would know what it was, but I can't decide whether that matters to me or not.

Oh and fenderella5678, you just made me realize I forgot to put my Jeff Buckley music on my new MP3 player! Now I've got homework when I get home. ;)

bitetoobreakkskin
04-16-2009, 05:00 PM
i have a tattoo that my husband drew me-i just told him what to draw...its 3 stars, with barbed wire wrapped around it to form a heart on the middle star...i love it, but i know stars/barbed wire are very cliche haha :)

jessx22
04-17-2009, 01:56 AM
I have a purple and teal butterfly on my right leg just above my ankle that I got two days after my 18th birthday. I had to choose kinda fast because it was a b-day surprise and the shop was closing early! I love it anyways, but I really want some fresh ink. These are all great ideas and awesome tattoos! I'm thinking of stars or cherry blossoms, maybe a lotus. Not too original, but pretty! I really want a voodoo doll, but I'm afraid of looking back one day and saying "wtf?"

M Dizzle
05-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I have 3 small tats right now, but would love a Celtic Cross that stretches accross my shoulders and down my spine, or wings on my shoulders. Until I know for sure, the skin there will remain untouched.

NorCal Jen
05-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Here's my favorite - finished 2/9/08. Picture taken right after the final sitting, so still a little bloody. It took 3 sittings because I'm a big pain wuss! LOL! I also have blown out flip flops on my left ankle, a turtle on my right ankle and a Celtic triquetra on my left wrist.

Lissus
05-15-2009, 05:05 PM
I have a cute lil baby tiger on my forearm, only about an inch by inch and a half. It reminds me of one of my old cats so I love it, but it is in desperate need of a recolor. Someday I'll have the extra money to do it, but that day is not today :P

BigBreezy
05-17-2009, 04:46 AM
Ah, balls. I was about to post my favorite tat, and I can't because I don't have 25 posts yet. Boo. More incentive to post! You will see it soon.

hello pinki
05-20-2009, 11:01 AM
My favorite tattoo is on my thigh. My highschool sweetheart got it for me for my 18th birthday. It was my first legal tattoo...hehehe...we were already pretty inked by that time.

It's a large dragon from my hip down my thigh. It looks like it is tearing out of my skin so there are parts where it looks like skin is pulling and splitting.

As a matching set, my ex got a samarai down his ribs from his arm pit to his hip so we had matching tattoos that weren't super matchy matchy...I still haven't filled my hubby in on that detail though. *snicker*

amy180
05-21-2009, 07:42 AM
I think I'm finally going to take the plunge and get a sleeve done on my leg of deep sea fish, I've been planning that one for years. Anglerfish, dragonfish, viperfish, squid and hatchetfish on a mostly black background, left leg. Now that I've dropped a few pounds my legs don't look so doughy and horrid, so it's time I got started I suppose (that, and I carry most of my weight in my midsection, so I wouldn't get anything more on top until I lost quite a bit more weight). Getting new tattoos always makes me excited and puts me in a good mood. That'll be my favorite once it's done, I'm sure. Pics eventually once it gets done. ^^

vertigoskyy
06-01-2009, 10:52 PM
This one is my favorite. It's my cousins name. She was murdered 2 years ago. I got it on her birthday last year. It's a reminder of a lot of things.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff306/sunshinepopsicle/May2009076.jpg

This is probably my second favorite. It's a Celtic symbol. [I'm of Scottish decent.] It represents the maze that life is & helps us find our way through it.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff306/sunshinepopsicle/May2009079.jpg

CatRocks
06-09-2009, 05:50 PM
here is a couple of pics of my favourite tattoos... the first on in my cherry blossom/waves half sleeve which just got done a few weeks ago and the other is my geisha girl on my other arm!
xx

TraceyElaine
06-12-2009, 07:44 AM
I have a lotus surrounded by water and a lil dragonfly on my right arm. I plan to add a coi fish another lotus and some other bits and pieces to make it a 1/2 sleve. I also have a heart on my back that takes the shape of the L in the word love with mine and my hubby's names under it in my own hand writing. And I have a Hibiscus on my right foot that I got with my sister.

My goal tattoo is a funky little cupcake with sparkles and the whole works. And the number 278 in the center of it. (my highest weight so i never forget) And i want that on my hip or the top of my bum.

lizziep
06-23-2009, 02:26 PM
i'm bumping up the tattoo thread! :) I'm getting tattooed on 7/5 I will post pics once it's done... but I have a question.
I'm getting inked on my shoulder and the nape of my neck. I'm concerned with my bra rubbing on it and messing it up- this happened with my last tattoo. My boobs are way to heavy for a strapless bra. Any recommendations? I have like DDD's so I can't go without- and I just can't think of anything. If I went with a T-strap it'd be on the nape- same with a halter shaped one.
Any other ideas???

Sojourner
06-23-2009, 04:22 PM
What about buying one of those convertible bras? Then you could take one strap and arrange it for one shoulder (like for a dress with one exposed shoulder). It is not ideal but better than a strapless bra. You for sure don't want that bra strap digging into your fresh tattoo ouch.

lizziep
06-24-2009, 03:12 AM
ooh good idea. i should look for one. i'm used to rummaging around for the bras in a box. lol. i guess its time to literally look outside the box, eh? :)
nothing ever comes in my size. i wonder if i could get away with one of those tank tops with the shelf bra thing in them. i might trip. lol.

mypunkrockromance
06-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Anyone have a cool font? I'm looking for one but nothing scripty or normal tattoo looking. I want something unique.

lizziep
07-06-2009, 02:23 AM
got these tonight. so excited -they came out exactly how i wanted...

david
07-06-2009, 02:37 AM
if i got any they would represent my three daughters and my wife...i would get a small replica of the cherry blossoms that cover my oldest daughters back...for my middle daughter id match the "peace" thats on her foot, only not on my foot...and for my youngest id get a mexican ballet folklorico dancer, because thats her passion...my wife is a third grade teacher so id figure something out to represent that

Madison
07-06-2009, 04:00 AM
got these tonight. so excited -they came out exactly how i wanted...

Love!

crazymary
07-09-2009, 11:03 PM
I have a british flag on my upper right shoulder, and I plan on getting more, one I shed some pounds. ;)

rsb0004
07-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Ok. This may be silly, but here is my tatoo story. I've always loved Lilies. The true significance came into play about 3 years ago when I was diagnosed with cancer (at 24 years old). After my first surgery someone bought them into my room, the smell of lilies was the first thing I remember. It bought me comfort and hope :) I was amazed to later learn that my middle name actually means lily, the lily of the valley is the flower of my birth month (May), and I've also read that the symbolic meaning is the return of happiness after a long difficult journey/darkness. So, I've decided that when I reach 5 years of remission, I'm going to get a tatoo of a lily on my ankle.

Madison
07-10-2009, 12:08 AM
That is a great idea Rachel :)

zanni
07-11-2009, 01:47 AM
I have 5 tattoos. I will post pics sometime. The next tattoo I am going to get is going to be my prize when I reach a 100 pound weight loss. I plan on getting the numbes 346 tattooed on this inside of my left wrist. That is my highest weight, and I want it there to remind me of where I have been, and to motivate me to keep the weight off.

Paula
07-19-2009, 10:11 AM
My first tattoo is on my left upper arm. It is a small sun formed with several letter J's - each J represents someone important in my life.

My second tattoo is a large jaguar on my right upper arm. I got in as a symbol of protection for my son when he was still in Guatemala.

I want to get an arm band under the sun tattoo, but I haven't figured out how it should look yet.

dcapulet
08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
My first tattoo is on my left upper arm. It is a small sun formed with several letter J's - each J represents someone important in my life.

My second tattoo is a large jaguar on my right upper arm. I got in as a symbol of protection for my son when he was still in Guatemala.

I want to get an arm band under the sun tattoo, but I haven't figured out how it should look yet.

the detail on the jaguar is amazing!

http://www.stephenking.com/DarkTower/images/the_artwork/gunslinger/5.jpg

this is the piece i want to get... it will cover my entire back. :)

DivineFidelity
08-05-2009, 06:55 AM
My plan is once I lose all the weight (because right now I've got the rolls on my back and it would look terrible...) is to get a huge pheonix of some sort on my back...all red and orange and fiery. I've thought about one possibly diving down, or one with its wings spread open...I'm not really sure on the details about what it's gonna look like yet, so we'll see once I'm all nice and skinny and don't have rolls on my back. lol =D

wednesdaymorning
08-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Hey all! I've been reading through here and I think I fit into this category! :)

I want so many tattoos! I have five, and I just keep wanting more. Firstly, I need to get something music related. Perhaps incorporating the Beatles somehow. And I need a big ocean sunset tattoo. Perhaps on my arm? And, my dream tattoo is to get all the shakras. Maybe down my spine.

sweetheat888
08-14-2009, 12:50 AM
dcapulet-that looks awesome .....correct me if i am wrong but is that Roland and the Dark Tower??

DivineFidelity - My son is named Phoenix,so that tat would be very cool...

lizziep -those tats are gorgeous :)

sophiebean
08-17-2009, 05:53 PM
i have three stars on my right ankle and three flowers on my left wrist. After i've losted some more weight i would like to get a tabby cat on my sholder... my daughter's name is Tabitha Catherine and her nickname is tabby cat so it would be a variation on just getting her name.

Aclai4067
08-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Right now i just have a couple small, simple tattoos. I'm going to get a compass whenever I get a steady income. And when I reach the maintanence phase of WW I want to get an antique key tattooed on my side to represent my accomplishment (the key is a ww symbol for maintanence). I'm also thinking about getting a skyline tattoo or something to represent Atl when I move.

The current tattoos are a small blue cresent moon and star on my upper left chest, and the Southern Cross in green on the back of my neck. The shade of green is all wrong and I couldn't tell when I got it because it kinda bled a lot. So when I get my next tattoo, I'll have the green fixed

Smee
08-18-2009, 12:53 AM
Currently I only have 2. One on my right calf is the Pearl Jam stick figure done in green, and on the left is a caricature of a friend who was a pro skateboarder. On I'm close to my goal weight, I"m getting a tattoo across my wrists that when put together make a ying yang, with an inverted smiley face representing me, and on the other side a modified peace sign that represents my best friend, who committed suicide in 1999. Our nicknames will be in Tolkien runes, and a banner will drape underneath that reads "Though Apart Forever One".

And I'd like a huge, honkin' Spawn on my back. But that has been quickly nixed by the hubby. :) He doesn't appreciate Mr McFarlane's work quite as much as I do.

stargzr
08-18-2009, 01:25 AM
I currently have a small one on the front of my right hip (got it when I was 18). I had drawn it out because I was really considering one day getting it on me somewhere. One day, my friend's bf came over and said he was taking us somewhere. Well it ended up being the tat shop he worked at. He'd convinced the artist to do mine free of charge! So, needless to say it went on at a moment's notice. I was never more nervous in my life. It hurt so badly I said I would never get another. Then here I am years later drawing up one to go down my side. I want it from about my chest to my hip, down my left side. A thick cluster of stars at the bottom and as it gets higher, they become fewer and fewer. I decided I wanted this one big because otherwise I would wait forever to get another. I'd like one on my foot too, thinking of possibly a four leaf clover to represent my irish heritage. I'd like to get hubby's name on me too... but haven't decided where yet. I'd thought about the inside of my forearm, but he's not too keen on me getting something so visible. I like that even when I get all the ones I want, they can all be hidden. When people find out I have a tattoo, they're so confused and think I'm lying... I think it's funny. ;)

nicki reborn
08-18-2009, 09:04 AM
I have a phoenix rising from a heart thats on fire - I got it in March on my left shoulder blade area. I got it to symbolise surviving the first year as a single mum and gaining a qualification I couldn't have done if my ex hadn't of left me.:D I've already spotted some others that I'd like, but they're so expensive I can't justify the expense ATM, household bills come first :(

spitey
08-22-2009, 11:07 AM
I am a tattoo freak also. Right now I have six. A tribal between my shoulder blades, a celtic cross/sun on my lower hip, another sun which is a cover up of the ugliest tattoo in the world on my other lower hip, two stone dragons intertwined and crumbling on my middle back, a set of two skeletons embracing (which we discovered in 07 in italy still holding eachother after 3-5000 years!) and a little tribal sun on my ankle that I got when I was fifteen.
As for a dream tattoo...I would love to get a full sleeve but being a teacher, I don't think that is really possible. I am looking now to get some wrist work done and have a few ideas but I cannot come to a solid decision...anyone have any ideas?

spitey
08-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Wow! Some of the pics on this are fantastic! The geisha sleeves are beautiful!

lexib0t
08-25-2009, 03:38 AM
I love all the tattoos I've seen here, I enjoy seeing people express themselves and/or their feelings through ink. Tattoos are definitely my favorite art form out there.

I currently have 6 tattoos, a nautical star behind each ear, Dr. Seuss quote on my wrists, a star on my outer left forearm with my fiance and my initials inside it and a custom designed tattoo on my inner left forearm with 2 pink flags that says "Lucky 17".

The first photo is my wrist tattoos and the second photo you can see most of my Lucky 17 tattoo.

kiahna23
08-25-2009, 05:45 AM
I have the hubbies nick name on my lower back...I couldnt careless about that "tramp stamp" thing...Im not a follower so I dont call certain things wrong just because someone says so...I also have 2 on my neck on the back...an aries sign and a treble clef underneath that...I want a big tat on my back....Its painful but Im going to try....lol...maybe on the back of my right shoulder? something big though....

Serenity67
08-30-2009, 10:16 PM
wow some beautiful work on her and some great ideas !! I currently have 4 tatts (am soooo addicted now lol) a butterfly on my boob - yea I know, I was 17 (eek some 25 years ago) when I got it and the artist was hot lol - in the past couple of years I have gotten Africa with the Ghanaian flag in it (grew up there) and an adinkra sign meaning the power of God on my left calf, Serenity, Courage & Wisdome on my right calf and just got a small purple tribal butterfly on the side of my neck - my daugher and I got matching ones to celebrate her 21st bday :0) next one is next month and is of the arm badge from my dads platoon - he is a wwII vet :0) I am sure there will be more after that ........... woooooo hooooooooo

thistime140
08-31-2009, 12:30 AM
I have 9 of them...everything on my back is black/white/gray...no color...and they are all of a christian meaning. A cross in the center of my lower back(about 4x3), and angel on my right shoulder blade (my protector), and the kanji symbols
for faith and strength on the back of my neck.
I have a microphone with a rose entertwined in the cord on my upper left collarbone, and a butterfly with celtic ropes around my right wrist.
I have a very large iris in a celtic vase on the back of my left calf, and my daughters name with a small heart on the inside of my right ankle. I also have a bird with large wings holding a ribbon banner on my right ankle, and a beautiful flower vine on top of my left foot, going down my toe. That one was by far the most painful...but I also like it the most!!.
My very good friend is an extremely talented tat artist, and I am proud to say...she has done them all except for 2. I am a walking canvas for her!. I regret none of them.

Minya
08-31-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm considering getting the 3 small tattoos on my upper back covered up with a very large celtic design. I love tattoos that cover the back because when I wear a swimsuit, I can show them off :D I keep them covered up and never speak about them, so it's a shock when people find out!

Hydra
09-04-2009, 01:23 AM
I have four tattoos: a small dove holding an olive branch in the middle of my back, a bat with a full moon on my left shoulder blade, a large owl in flight on my left outer thigh and a large phoenix on my right outer thigh.

blueiris6
09-04-2009, 01:30 AM
I just got my first and only tattoo (so far) at the beginning of July. It's a DNA ankle bracelet in full color that is about 2 inches tall and wraps all the way around. I incorporated my name, and my parents and my brother's initials in the code...cuz I'm a nerd! I love it!

UniquelyNormal
09-04-2009, 01:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/ezconklin/Liz/Tattoo1.jpg

It's my own design. It has a lot of meaning for me. First, my husband promised me the Sun, the Moon and all the stars in the sky when he proposed. I feel he has delivered :) Secondly I am the sun and my husband compliments my personality as the moon. One of my daughters is just like me, she's represented in the sun's rays. My other daughter is totally my husband's kid so she is represented in the stars surrounding the moon.

I also have a sun burst on my hip but don't have a photo. It's to remind me of the life changing trip / study abroad that I did in Australia.

kimminy
09-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Nice tattoos everyone! :D

I have no tattoos as of yet but there's one I've been thinking of for a few years.

I want to get a tree! I love trees and everything they stand for. Growth, life, nature, wisdom, strength, and everything else! I love green and I love the green in trees aswell as fall colours so I would want a coloured tattoo but I wouldn't want to get it retouched often or have it fade a lot on me... :S

It's going to be a half sleeve from my shoulder to elbow, or from my back twisting down my side. I think that's something I'd have to talk abotu with the tattoo artist.

Gypsy Severina
09-10-2009, 11:22 PM
I just got my second tattoo on my ankle on Tuesday... coincidentally I ended up in the hospital on the same day with appendicitis. Well, now I have a tattoo to commemorate it!

It's a henna tattoo design in the same color as henna, just permanent. It's hard to explain, so I'll put up pics in a day or two, when I'm a little less sore.

takarixvx
10-17-2009, 07:22 PM
My future tattoo is going to be a chest piece with the words "finish the race" which is going to represent my walk with Christ and in life in general to never give up. I also want to get some elephants on my thigh to represent my grandma who passed away in April on last year. I plan on getting some just artsy ones that are just for the sake of being pretty :). Hopefully I'll be getting my chest piece in January or February and I'll post some pics :)

dedicateddog
10-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Wow. All these tattoos are wonderful! I wish I had the guts to get one (or more).

srr728
10-30-2009, 01:00 AM
ahhh this makes me want more tats right now!

I have a parrothead with a hubiscus on my foot and my 2 besties have it too. We are parrotheads...Buffett ya know

I have a nautical star charm bracelet on my ankle with a cross, diamond, clover, and horseshoe. All meaningful....

And on my back peice, they are all flower-like its a family tree of sorts. Left is a circle and has a triskele in it, my husband has a large triskele armband, one day my kids will go on that side; and in the middle a deisgn for me, and the left has a peony for my parents and a lily for all 3 of my sisters.

Im still thinking of what next and where. I work in a hospital so they have to covered, if not I think i'd be totally inked by now.

Love this thread!

IrishRose
12-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Awesome thread.
I have two tattoos one my lower back on the right (right above my booty) and it's two Clovers intertwined.
Then I have a sizable swallaw on the outter part of my left foot.
One I drop a few more lbs. I want to get one of the bats by Edward Gorey (love him!) on my inner wrist.
And I want to get a few Peonies floating on smoke along my shoulder

Latchkey Princess
12-30-2009, 01:37 AM
You girls have great taste in tats! Hope you don't mind, I'd like to show off my favorite one (I have 12 at the moment). I drew this myself...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/highroad2mizery/646.jpg

Oh, and here is one I drew for my hubby, I'm pretty proud of it. It was still all new and bloody when the pic was taken. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/highroad2mizery/616.jpg

KKBs Nicole
01-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I have a few more but this phoenix is my favorite.

IndieSoul
01-03-2010, 08:37 PM
When I turn 18, I want to get a small one (to start with) on my ankle for my birthday. It's going to be a sunflower with a vine that wraps up the ankle. Sunflowers are kind of my symbol...they remind me of August, the month I was born in. I haven't designed it yet, but when I do I'll post pictures :)

Leontina
01-13-2010, 12:51 PM
All these tattoos look awesome :D

I'm planning to get one as soon as I decide on a design. I'm thinking I want it to be feline related, but my parents seem to think anything other than flowers, hearts or stars look tacky :/ Might just go ahead and do it anyway though.

GonnaTurnHeads
01-13-2010, 03:42 PM
I have about 22 tattoos. Most of them are very large pieces and I'm in the process of finishing both of my sleeves. :)

melissaw
01-16-2010, 05:51 PM
I only have one tattoo. My husband and I got matching ones when we got married. I wish I could post a picture. ;) We each have a coffin with two skeletons embracing inside. They're black and gray, I guess about 8 inches tall by 4.5 inches wide (at the widest part) and on our upper left arms.

My husband, on the other hand, has lots of tattoos. He's working on sleeves (and pretty close to completion. I think he has room for 2 more tattoos... and the rest will be fill in type stuff.) Anyway... until his sleeves are done, he takes all tattoo funds. ;) I don't really mind, though. I'm not even sure what, if anything, I want.

His are really cool though. I'll post some pictures once I'm allowed.

fiveminutes
01-17-2010, 11:41 PM
i have 14 tattoos at the moment. i am itching for a new one so bad, but i don't want to get a new one until i hit my goal weight, or at least close to it, i.e at least 180. i want to get a back piece, or at least a pretty sizeable back tattoo. i have a full music sleeve that i would say is about 40% done, but i really want to get a back tattoo, as i'm kind of stumped on what to add to my music sleeve next.

chickiechic
01-18-2010, 01:08 AM
I have an armband. It's carved to look like stone, with a bas relief frieze of the sun and vines. It symbolizes strength, aspiration, and personal growth. I also have a small earth on one shoulder, which is there to remind me that each of us carries one another through life, and we should always remember how our actions will impact our fellow travellers in this world. It's a little hippie dippy- but, they were sentiments that got me through some difficult tests in my life, and I feel like the ritual of having them become a permanent part was a way of recognizing I had changed for the better and that, no matter how difficult they were, I had gained something in the process that I did not want to put behind me.

Phoenixsmommy
01-19-2010, 02:43 AM
I have 6 Tattoos all of which i am extremely proud of, however "My masterpiece", the one that truly connects myself with how i feel is this one its about 18 inches all together and is between my shoulder blades and the butterfly's travel to my right shoulder

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/Thankgodimpierced/butterfly-suicide-by-banksy.jpg

Alot of people say its too gruesome, but i love it to death.

I also have two stars on my chest,music notes on my right wrist, a custom nautical star and tribal design on my upper right arm and the word "God" in sanscrit on my left forearm

blowstuffup
01-20-2010, 04:03 PM
I love this thread...I've been promising myself a tattoo as a reward for reaching my weightloss goals but I have yet to decide what to get. I already have 10, my most prized being my floral sidepiece or the swallows on my back. I feel a quarter sleeve might be just the thing to commemerate my new buff arms...when I get them :)

A few of my tattoos are visible in the picture on my profile...

Daisy May
01-20-2010, 05:20 PM
i love tattoos so much, at the moment i have 5 tattoos (my biggest and favourite is my profile pic), during my travels i picked up a couple along the way. i got a dove on my back when i was in denver,colorado and i got an L on my wrist when i was in amsterdam.
next up i really want to get a world globe to join up with my rainbow which i have on my shoulder. i will let myself get this one once i get down to my goal weight and save some $$!

SalaamDementia
01-25-2010, 11:37 PM
i got a dove on my back when i was in denver,colorado

Oh, where did you go to get it done? I live in CO and there are some amazing artists in Denver.

I've only got one tattoo, it covers most of my right forearm, a circular logo I designed with the words, 'too weird to live, too rare to die.'

I'll be getting another one just as soon as I reach my goal weight. I'm hoping for late this summer. :D I always thought I'd be covering just my arms and legs since I'd never show off my back or chest, but I'm hoping I'll be confident enough by that time to get something somewhere a bit more fun. :)

BeatnikMama
01-26-2010, 12:33 PM
"I'm planning on getting a tattoo of Jeff Buckley lyrics, since his music is such an inspiration to me, and the way he lived and loved.
Anyway, they'll be on the inside of my wrists, above a musical staff with the notes of the song I'll be using. And on the right wrist it'll say "Drop down we two" and on the left "to serve and pray to love". I absolutely love those lyrics.
And my boyfriend (who introduced me to Jeff Buckley, needless to say he's also a huge fan) is getting a similar one across his shoulders at the top of his back, with the notes of the song he's using, and the lyrics are gonna be "Drink a little wine, we both might go tomorrow..."

I also want to get Walt Whitman-"And my very flesh shall be a great peom"

Some Jim Carroll-"Little kids shoot marbles under branches that break the sun into graceful shafts of light, I just want to be pure"

I have a Bob Dylan lyric on my foot- "This is what slavation must be like after a while..."

I'm kinda a word nerd:)

I also would like to get a Salvador Dali sketch on my side of Female Figure with Head of Flowers, 1937

So many tattos so little space (when I lose the weight ;))

Daisy May
01-28-2010, 05:13 AM
Oh, where did you go to get it done? I live in CO and there are some amazing artists in Denver.

I've only got one tattoo, it covers most of my right forearm, a circular logo I designed with the words, 'too weird to live, too rare to die.'

I'll be getting another one just as soon as I reach my goal weight. I'm hoping for late this summer. :D I always thought I'd be covering just my arms and legs since I'd never show off my back or chest, but I'm hoping I'll be confident enough by that time to get something somewhere a bit more fun. :)

i cant remember the name of it at the moment, it was a few years ago. it was a really big, professional looking place. and the guy who did it was lovely :)

haha love the sounds of your current tattoo. im also waiting til i reach my goal weight before i get another! :smug:

magnetism21
01-28-2010, 05:29 AM
i dont have any tats yet, but recently, theyve been on my mind! if i had the guts to actually do it, i would get a tattoo that says forgiven in hebrew. that means a lot to me.

britticus
02-03-2010, 01:43 AM
My best friend and I got these little crowns tattooed to our wrists when I moved away. When I can post I'll put a pic up of us getting them!!

aria
02-06-2010, 04:43 PM
After looking throught the other posts "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" backwards across my forhead would be good (lol) but really, the anniversary version of the starbucks mermaid would be interesting (on shoulder). Is that legal? Or a copy right thing?

chubbyteenmom
02-08-2010, 11:32 PM
i recently got a tattoo (my xmas gift from my brother in law) of pink angel wings on the back of my neck. this tattoo was to signify the daughter my husband and i lost while i was only 5 months into pregancy. my hubby has her name tattooed across his chest, and angel wings below it. my next tattoo will be of a dead tree down my side. to signify my husband and i's wedding- we got married on October 31 (yes halloween:sklol:) and all our arrangements focused around tree branches(dead trees) that were black. we actually exchanged vows under four leaveless black trees. not in gothic fashio- just... dramatic/medevial? lol

LadyStarDust
02-20-2010, 08:18 PM
I have one tattoo but ohh now Im not pregnant so can get moreeeee!
I have 'abc' on the back on my neck

I will be using tattoos as a reward so once Ive lost a fair bit of weight
I'll be getting a
zombie GOTHabilly verson of the blue swallows people get on their chest on my collar bones so they will be black and well thats as far as Ive gotten so far lol.

I'd also like an artistic piece for my son
since he was born Ive called him pumpkin head because of its shape so Id like maybe a picture of his body and the same facial features but with a pumpkin head and his name ?
havent worked out the kinks in this yet though lol.

I also want Man that you fear - marilyn manson lyrics somewhere and right where it belongs - NIN lyrics

for my ultimate goal in weightloss Im getting a tattoo sleeve
that wil be centered around the elements
and things associated to them

iluvjd91
02-23-2010, 02:27 AM
i have 3 tattos.
one is a star design that was probably designed for a tramp stamp, but i put it on my foot.
i also have a taurus sign on my shoulder, above my heart.
and on my right shoulder blade i have the college symbol of my fave football team.

InkKitty
02-23-2010, 02:52 PM
These are my two current tatts.

The tribal-esque ink was my first, a birthday prezzie for my 18th from my first tattooist boyfriend, was a unique design.

The second is an angel of death, designed by me, inspired by one of my favourite books with shakespeare inscription saying

Tis one thing to be tempted,
Another thing to fall.

Next ink will be covering the inside of my other arm, some sort of raven design I have in mind.

Brittany1988
02-24-2010, 10:36 AM
I have this one which is a little skull and stars on my left shoulder.

I also have a robot on my right lower leg. Surprisingly, I don't have any pictures of it. I'll take one and post later.

I already have my next one planned! I have a guy that is GREAT at drawing low brow art and he is going to draw a cemetery scene with a bride of Frankenstein for me! I will get it on my right lower leg. :D

I also want a chest piece of some sort...

pinkalarmclock
02-24-2010, 01:40 PM
i have one tattoo. its a clockwork orange tattoo.

and this summer i want to get another tattoo as long as i keep losing weight. it will be a gift to myself. but i have no idea what i want yet! i wanted to get a Lord of the Flies tattoo but the only image I can get from the book is the one of the pigs head on a stick and thats a little too grotesque as a tattoo for me.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2735/4384661507_067ca0bf1f_m.jpg

Kayhm0711
02-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Well, I didn't know this thread existed. I have 9 stars on my back going from my upper spine to my shoulder. They are Pink, Blue, and Purple. In the middle one is my daughters name.

I am actually going on Fri. to get a new one of the front side of my shoulder, down alittle like above my boob. It's going to be a shooting star, but instead of lines it will be words that make the star. The words will say- Shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll land among the stars.

Pretty much motivation for weightloss and everything else in life, that no matter what I am going to try my hardest and if I don't get to where I want to be, I will at least be a step closer.

I will post pictures of it sometime this weekend. YAY

Silverstar33
02-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi all,
I'm back after a long hiatus and I can't tell you how excited I was to see this thread is still alive! Thanks for sharing - what a creative group : )

Stepher
02-28-2010, 08:11 PM
I have 2 tattoos now, and I love my last one. It's two playing cards, (an ace and queen), but the queen is a pinup girl. It is completely fitting of me, and I celebrated my 21st birthday in Reno, so the scene was right.

Dream tattoo: I'm a theater stage manager, so I think I'm going to get a headset on me somewhere. Very vintage, thick lines.

tend3rloin
03-02-2010, 05:33 PM
I currently have 9 tattoos, but I still have 'dream tattoos'. I want a hip tattoo of the solar system. It's always been a dream of mine.

Some of my tat's that I'm proud of-
Pin-up girl on my thigh. It is the exact one my grandfather got when he served in Vietnam. I love and miss him very much and thought this to be a fitting tribute to who he was and how much he loved life.
Fahrenheit 451 backpiece- This is probably my favorite book! I got a back piece of the fireman with a flame thrower. Books burning at his feet of course. I was proud of this piece because I love not only the book but the message in it.

LowEndLady
03-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Great thread!

Right now my favorite tattoos are a large skull and heart, several stars, and "rage and love" in script that are on my right arm. My "dream" tattoo will be an angel with a guitar on the lower part of my left arm that I'm planning on getting once I get to goal.

ParadiseFalls
03-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Phoenixsmommy your tattoo is beautiful!!!! I first saw that picture on a trip to Germany and fell in love with it.

I currently have 1 tattoo on my left inner ankle. It represents the Dr. Seuss book "The Lorax" and the quote "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!"

Oops, I don't think I'm allowed to post pictures. It's the word "unless" in the font of the book.

Ms JanVan
04-15-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm a late bloomer tattoo wise I think my oldest is about 7-8 yrs old & it started as a unicorn which melded into some sort of sleeve,then my dagger on my lower back & my fav is the fairy on my right shoulder blade. Due to lack of proper tattooists (or so I think) in my country I wanted some sort of fantasy theme on the rest of my back & to properly complete my sleeve. I did see a pic once which I vaguely remember as a woman on some sort of balcony (think background like Greystoke) and she was holding a severed head! Gruesome to be sure but it would be AMAZING!!!!!!

CarbsAreEvil
04-16-2010, 04:56 PM
I have this one on my arm that I'd like to get finished.

And I'd like to get some tattoo on my shoulder, still not sure of the design, but it will probably be birds.

Fatty McButterpants
04-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Oh how I love tattoos. A tattoo will be my ultimate reward when I drop this weight. I want a large tree on my back.

I would love at some point to get something on my arm or shoulder, but right now they're far too flabby for that business!

Athene
04-22-2010, 12:16 AM
great thread!!

Paradise, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that!!!

This is my favorite one. I got it about two years ago spur of the moment with some friends who were visiting from the States.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2171/2063384924_a731711d2c_o.jpg

It is just above my right elbow ( that is a fresh shot, you can still see bruising and smeared ink LOL) I worry about what it is going to look like when my arms get skinny!!!

missmiss
05-09-2010, 11:57 PM
I can't wait to get my tattoos. It's actually my reward for getting to my goal weight.
Although people complain all the time about foot tattoos, I really want a vine across my left one. I'm planning on getting an oak leaf with the word Autumn across it(there is a meaning behind it). I'm not sure where to get it yet, though.

aware210
05-10-2010, 12:28 AM
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/Ashleysims2/tattoo029-1.jpg

this is my first and only tattoo. It's right after i got it, lol that's why you can see all the ink marks still.

later and when im thinner, i want to get a cherry blossom tree from my hip bone up the side of my ribs. My next tattoo will probably be a green butterfly with wings shaped like clovers on my wrist (im irish). Also my fiance has a tattoo on his arm, a family crest type symbol, i will get that tatooed on the back of my neck when we get married.

TaintedDiamonds
05-17-2010, 07:24 AM
awesome!! my favorite subject Ever! so far, i have 14 tats. my biggest and most beautiful is wings on back. the right one is burning.- One wing in the fire. above it, it says, "live and let live" with a black star above that. and both my feet are covered, i have 12 roses on my upper thigh for my best friend who commited suicide last year, im still working on getting that one colored in, i have my initials, MAD, on my left wrist, a black star on my chest and my zodic sign on both colar bones, which looks like "69" so im trying to figure out what to cover it up with now. lol i think that's all of em. im obsessed with my tats and i LOVE talkin about all tattoos

CorinneIrene
05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm a tattoo virgin so far, but I've got several planned. I just need to learn to save up. And, I'm VERY picky about the artist I'll go to. I will not go to the local shop where I live- I much prefer to go to one in Albany...I spend a lot of time researching portfolios and looking for an artist who would suit my needs. I think I've narrowed it down, but I keep my eyes open.

Anyways-
My first tattoo will be a B-25 on my right shoulder, flying towards the sky. After that, I plan on completing it with a full back piece- I don't have all of the details worked out yet, but it would start with a body of water at the bottom and work it's way up into a nature scene- mountains and forest, into a night sky which will fade up and become incorporated with the B-25. I think I'll start with color and as I go upwards and into the sky, will fade to black and gray.

The only other one I have planned thus far is something Halloween/October related on the right side of my rib cage, just under my breast. My favorite month, my favorite season, my favorite holiday. I haven't decided exactly on the design yet, but chances are it will be far in the future. I have an artist friend who I'll consult with and work on some sketches.

ParadiseFalls
06-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Thanks, Athene! I like yours, too—is that a spyglass or a Canon L-series telephoto?!

Don't know if anyone's still reading, but your tattoos are all gorgeous! WormwoodDoll and CatRocks, I LOVE yours.

I got my second today, another simple one.
It stands for equality (obviously!), specifically LGBT rights.

My next one is going to be the house from Up floating with the balloons, probably on the back of my calf. I'm saving that for my goal reward. I also want the scene from "The Missing Piece" in my avatar on my foot. That might be soon.

Beach Patrol
06-21-2010, 04:09 PM
All of my tats are animal/nature based, because that's the most important thing to me. I have others planned, including a mermaid on my right thigh, Poseidon on my left thigh, and two clusters on my back: one of birds (parrot, pelican, & peacock) and one of dark hunters (bear, wolf, jaguar).

Here's some pics of current tats:

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/117/l_3da126b58cd00ad3a3f45c243947b9d6.jpg

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/70/l_f1ef5c4588626a633e1382cec5ba4159.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/113/l_ce855d30f42f1a0602ef1c3bb1061562.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/20/l_00d48845faa346049dbbca949510c603.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/77/m_437e3009cbdd47a295f000699af26e02.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/76/l_e077e9982b824960bee8fa0b31ecf156.jpg

My newest ..... "water horse"
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs542.snc3/29706_1479560717017_1473751669_31248737_1720649_n. jpg

I also have a traditional "tramp stamp" (LOL) on my lower back, it's a tiger face in the shape of a butterfly. The butterfly represents beauty and gentleness and the tiger represents stealth & strength. Also, a special tribute to my hero, Steve Irwin -on my right inner calf - it's a crocodile and sting ray, and my very first tattoo - a pink/purple seahorse on my outer left ankle. Sorry I don't have pics of those two!

starbrite
06-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Lush ! Best one is flowers and vine leaves on my fot. It hurt like crazy but is so beautiful and sexy. Also at the time it was my thinnest place !!

tymaboy
06-22-2010, 12:39 AM
I also have a traditional "tramp stamp" (LOL) on my lower back, it's a tiger face in the shape of a butterfly. The butterfly represents beauty and gentleness and the tiger represents stealth & strength. Also, a special tribute to my hero, Steve Irwin -on my right inner calf - it's a crocodile and sting ray, and my very first tattoo - a pink/purple seahorse on my outer left ankle. Sorry I don't have pics of those two!

I too have a butterfly with a cats face. I had it drawn up a few yrs ago.
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/tymaboy/Tattoo/IMG_2335.jpg

The dolphin was my 1st. I kept it simple with my DS name
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/tymaboy/Tattoo/IMG_2338.jpg

therex
06-30-2010, 06:52 AM
i have a bloody chainsaw. definitely my favorite

Bluey
07-06-2010, 07:29 PM
I have 6 tattoos... i designed them all and i love them all, they all mean something major to me. My favourite one is in the middle of my back, it is a nappy pin with the "kid charms" (that u put on necklaces) hanging from it, it looks like it is pinned to my skin, and the charms have my kids birthstones as their bellies. :)

I have about 9 more i REALLY want.. but have to find someone who can draw them first... i cant draw to save my life, but i know exactly what i want.

My next one is a rosary around my ankle with the bdsm symbol instead of a cross at the bottom. :)

mauvaisroux
07-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Nice pics everyone! I just got my first tattoo - it's a dragon that looks like it is made of store - kind of gargoyle like. It's in between my shoulder blades and it hurt like heck getting it done. I love it though and it was so worth it to get it done. :)

VicSin13
07-16-2010, 09:52 PM
I realized shortly after my first tattoo that I would be fiercly addicted! My family is very anti tattoo, though my father can appreciate the art on others, he would rather his children not have any. I can recall being young and being told that had I gotten a tattoo he would scrub it off my skin with Brillo, even if I waited till he was dead to get a tattoo he would haunt me! LOL Well when my daughter ratted me out (Yes you heard right MY DAUGHTER ratted me out to my father) I had to come clean he laughed about it and said as long as you put them where I can't see them, do whatever you are going to do you are an adult. Well, I currently have 4 with one in still in the process of being finished.
Here is my list:
1)Bam Margera's(Pro skate boarder and Pro Jackass) signiture from when I met him is on my right hip (I was seriously obsessed with him, still am kinda )
2)the Heartagram tattoo that both Bam Margera and Ville Valo(lead singer of HIM) have on their pelvic region, is embalzoned under my neck/ above my shoulder blades (I couldn't put it on my pelvis, my Done Lop belly would cover it LOL)
3)"HIM" in Pink with purple outline is on my rigth foot because "HIM" is my all time favorite band
4)"My Melody" cartoon Character on my left shoulder blade
5) An anchor with a rose on my left foot as a memorial for My Mom's father (who was in the US Navy) who passed last summer from Emphyzema, and my Father's mom (who LOVED LOVED LOVED Peach roses) passed in 1993 from complications with a supposedly benign and operable brain tumor. This tattoo is very special because I came up with the concept and my younger sister (and best friend) drew it. We both now have the tattoo slowly being finished as we want it done perfectly

There is soooo much more I want to get but as all of you know they do get expensive, I still have an Amy Brown Fairy and Mermaid large piece that I am having done for my daughters (One LOVES Fairies, and the other of course mermaids) I also want to get a pewter looking heart lock/locket to which once I get married my hubby will get the key tattooed somewhere on himself. Alternately I am getting the Coffin with Double Hearts from the HIM song Funeral of Hearts when my divorce is finally finale (that is a subject for a WHOOOOLE 'nother day) I want to get realistic looking vampire fang/bite marks around my collarbone/shoulder area, as well as some lettering, but I have yet to find something unique that I want with me forever.
I will have to try to post pictures sometime~!

VicSin13
07-17-2010, 02:56 AM
How did the inner lip feel? I can say the ones on my feet were the most painful I have had so far...but I can't imagine the lip feels too nice!

inkdiva
07-18-2010, 01:37 PM
My fave would also be the one that felt the worst. It's a large floral piece on my lower back that goes from hip to hip. I really wasn't expecting the hips to sting that badly! It's gorgeous tho and I'd do it again if I had to, but I'm glad it's there to stay and I don't have to. :)

Alita
07-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Awesome pics everyone :D!!!

I really want one like this, it's so beautiful to me:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/548/thefountainthefountain5.jpg

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/548/thefountainthefountain5.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3832/366826113530da47a395.jpg

It's from my favourite movie, The Fountain. I want to get one similar to it someday, maybe just around my wrist not the whole arm.

1bighog
07-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Hey! I never post in this forum but I love tattoos. It took me a year to design my latest...it's the birth month flowers of my children and a bird for the baby I lost located on the outside of my lower right leg:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/lavanna/th_011-1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v97/lavanna/?action=view&current=011-1.jpg)
I want another one either on the right side of my upper back or on my upper right arm, but I don't know what I want so it will be a long while before it's done. I also have a small 4 leaf clover on the right side of my lower back.

Elijahs phoenix
07-18-2010, 02:55 PM
I dont have any yet, but when I reach my goal Im going to get a phoenix on my back.

Majestic
07-18-2010, 07:19 PM
I have one purple and black butterfly in the middle of my back. For every 25-30 pounds lost I want to get another one.

For goal one: My kids dad had the beginning of a poem on his collar, I want to finish the poem on my side. (he has passed away...this is my way of honoring him)

For goal two: I want to get a large W with a butterfly landing on it.

For goal three: I want to get 3 flowers on my spine to represent me and my two children.

I am so excited...

inkdiva
07-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Super cool to see so much Tat Luv going on, but I notice a lot of posts saying things like ooooh I'd love to, but I'm waiting until I lose weight. As a tattoo artist for 13 years, and an overweight person with many tattoos myself, I'd like to share a few thoughts on the subject. First of all, getting a tattoo is a wonderful liberating feeling. I highly recommend it, and since I'm not in any of your necks of the woods, I'm not just saying that to drum up business. For those of you who are afraid of what it will look like when you lose weight, don't worry. Losing weight won't hurt a tattoo. Find a nice place without a lot of stretchmarks and you are completely safe. What will ruin a tattoo are new stretchmarks- gaining weight, not losing it. I did a beautiful blue flower on a customer's shoulder and she was so large she was afraid she wouldn't fit in my chair (she did). I ran into her about 6 months later but didn't recognize her because she had had weightloss surgery and had lost an amazing amount of weight. She showed me the flower and it looked even brighter and more beautiful than when she first got it.

inkdiva
07-19-2010, 02:49 AM
In a related side note: It also makes me sad to hear people deny themselves something they want until they "look better." I understand that you may not match the image in your head any more than getting Angelina Jolie's haircut will magically transform you into a sex goddess, but honestly. I tattoo people of all shapes, sizes, and ages. While I love doing the occaisional first tattoo on a 50- 60 year old, it also makes me a little sad. They always say that they have loved tattoos thier whole lives, but because of what others may think, or because of their appearance, they didn't feel they should get them. Now, they leave my shop tickled with their new ink, and feeling a little bit naughty- but let's face it- they could have been enjoying their ink for years, and it would have looked even better on younger skin. Don't get me wrong- I love it when people get the courage to be themselves no matter what their age, but I bet that many of them were just like those who posted and said someday, when I'm prettier, or thinner, or more deserving. I just feel that women constantly feel unworthy of doing things for themselves because of weight. It doesn't even have to be a tattoo, what about an outfit that just fits right and makes you feel attractive right now? What about some glitter nailpolish or an anklet or a new hairdo? Why is it always put off until I'm thinner? I do things for me NOW, because realistically, I'm only guaranteed today. Sorry- I'll get off the soapbox now. :)

duckchick
07-19-2010, 06:41 AM
I'm actually inspired to hear (or see, rather) you say that, Inkdiva. I've liked tattoos my whole life as well, but I'm one of those that always feels I can't get one because I'll be too embarrassed to show it off, because I'm too fat. Or because I don't own the right clothes. Or because I don't have the money. Really, I can have a dozen excuses, and I'm not really sure why I've let it stop me.

Perhaps it's time to change!:D

1bighog
07-19-2010, 04:26 PM
In a related side note: It also makes me sad to hear people deny themselves something they want until they "look better." I understand that you may not match the image in your head any more than getting Angelina Jolie's haircut will magically transform you into a sex goddess, but honestly. I tattoo people of all shapes, sizes, and ages. While I love doing the occaisional first tattoo on a 50- 60 year old, it also makes me a little sad. They always say that they have loved tattoos thier whole lives, but because of what others may think, or because of their appearance, they didn't feel they should get them. Now, they leave my shop tickled with their new ink, and feeling a little bit naughty- but let's face it- they could have been enjoying their ink for years, and it would have looked even better on younger skin. Don't get me wrong- I love it when people get the courage to be themselves no matter what their age, but I bet that many of them were just like those who posted and said someday, when I'm prettier, or thinner, or more deserving. I just feel that women constantly feel unworthy of doing things for themselves because of weight. It doesn't even have to be a tattoo, what about an outfit that just fits right and makes you feel attractive right now? What about some glitter nailpolish or an anklet or a new hairdo? Why is it always put off until I'm thinner? I do things for me NOW, because realistically, I'm only guaranteed today. Sorry- I'll get off the soapbox now. :)
Awesome post. I feel that way towards people who say they will never get a tattoo because they are afraid of what it will look like when they are old. If you don't want a tattoo, fine! But it seems silly to me to be afraid of what your tattoo will look like on your 90 year old *** seeing as how you're not guaranteed that 90 years. If I am lucky enough to see 90, my tattoos will serve as memory that I lived my life as I wanted at that time.

inkdiva
07-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Definitely, Duckchick. Don't deny yourself things or wait too long. I highly recommend treating yourself to non-food related things as often as possible. :) And 1bighog, I get that question all the time, and I've always responded Who cares? By that time the rest of me won't be looking so hot anyway, and besides, I agree, it will mean I led a full life. :) BTW, it's a little disheartening to know that someone who is two lbs under my goal weight goes by onebighog. Hmmmm. :)

1bighog
07-20-2010, 08:32 AM
BTW, it's a little disheartening to know that someone who is two lbs under my goal weight goes by onebighog. Hmmmm. :)
LMAO! It's not a self-esteem thing! It's a nod to where I live...University of Arkansas Razorbacks. Woo Pig Souie!

inkdiva
07-20-2010, 01:26 PM
LMAO! It's not a self-esteem thing! It's a nod to where I live...University of Arkansas Razorbacks. Woo Pig Souie!

Ah...I see, said the blind man,or in this case, woman. :twirly:

mauvaisroux
07-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the posts indiva. I got my first one at the ripe old age of 43! I have thought about getting one off and on for years but never found the right design for me or felt the time was right. I spent my 42nd birthday anxiously waiting for test results and worrying that I might be told I was not going to see my 43rd birthday. Was diagnosed with breast cancer about 1 month later. I finished my chemo and radiation treatments in April 2010 and just happened to find a design at a friend's shop that I fell in love with a few weeks before my birthday.

I guess I got my tattoo to celebrate the end of my treatments and a new beginning- it was a birthday gift to myself. :D

inkdiva
07-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I guess I got my tattoo to celebrate the end of my treatments and a new beginning- it was a birthday gift to myself. :D

Wow, that is quite a journey already. Congrats on your tat. I know that some of the best tattoos are those that mark a significant time in a person's life. Instead of following trends, I believe that people should only get a tattoo when they are ready and a design "speaks" to them. I'm so glad that you and your design found one another. :)

mauvaisroux
07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks inkdiva!

irishfairy
08-13-2010, 02:33 PM
when I lose all my weight I want a few tattoos
Lower back: a halloween fairy with pumpkins on either side with my childrens names in them

Top right shoulder: a bird to represent my grandparents (my nan passed in 2005)

I want my tattoo on my leg covered with I am not sure what
and I want something on my wrist and possilbly my foot :)

DaughterOfVenus
08-26-2010, 02:22 AM
As one of my rewards for losing the weight, I plan to get a large piece on my lower back that are inspired for the tarot cards "The Hanged Man" and "The World." It would describe my mindset during this journey.

elinor1
09-02-2010, 07:54 PM
I am so glad I found this forum... I am new here but I love love love my tattoos! I have a portrait of my dad on my right upper arm he passed away in 2001 so it is my way of honoring him. I have one on my lower back, one in between my shoulder blades of my sign with my husbands sign around it. My first on my ankle of a sun, and 3 flowers across the top of my foot for my 3 kids. The one on my arm is a work in progress and will eventually be a half sleeve! I agree anyone that wants one should get one and you don't have to wait until your thinner. They are a piece of me and they show what is important in my life and who I am. There are a lot of things about myself that I am embarassed about when it comes to my body but my tattoos are not one of them. I proudly show them off even purchasing clothes that will allow me to easily showcase the art on my body! So glad to find a place where there is support and a good group of people I can relate too!

squidcandy
09-05-2010, 07:21 PM
I hope these work. These are two of my favorite tattoos, but I have a bunch more that I also think are pretty neat. I have lots more work planned-- the next being a full left sleeve/hand piece in september and october.

http://iampix.bmezine.com/c/n/xzfuhk/6mnkbsol.jpg
http://iampix.bmezine.com/c/n/xzfuhk/r7m82uiw.jpg

mauvaisroux
09-11-2010, 03:00 PM
squidcandy - wow! Nice work!

Sheena41
09-11-2010, 06:45 PM
1bighog

I have 2 kids at the U of A, so I wondered if that was what your name was referencing. Go Hogs! Even though we lost today:(

squidcandy
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM
mauvaisroux Thanks! I can't wait to get more. I just booked an appointment for October 21st to start on my left sleeve. I booked the whole day to myself as a reward for losing 10% of my body weight!

mauvaisroux
09-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Nice! What design are you getting done?

squidcandy
09-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Two skulls on the inside of my arm holding a banner that says 'never look back' wrapped around an old school straight razor, with flames and roses, then an hourglass on the the opposite side with a vulture skull on the top, with melting candles on the skull... the rim of the hourglass is going to say 'fear is the weapon'... various other bits and pieces to tie it all together. I'm going to make it into a full sleeve when I get to my goal and maintain /let my skin tighten up a little.

I think the only thing that would stop me from more tattoos is a lack of canvas!

4star
10-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I have a little ink. I wouldn't mind more. The 2 things that I want are an angel on my shoulder (get it? angel on my shoulder, haha) and a phoenix rising on my back. They are both symbolic, particularly the phoenix rising.

HeavenlyAirhead
10-16-2010, 01:56 PM
I have quite a few tattoos....my favorite one is the humming bird and flower on my foot.

I got the humming bird for my Grandpa after he passed away. During the spring and summer, he would make me homemade ice cream and we would sit on his back porch and eat it and watch the humming birds fly around the house. He loved humming birds....he had feeders up everywhere. :)

One of my most favorite childhood memories.

The flower is for my Grandma. I decided that I wasn't going to wait until she passed away to get it.

She is really not into tattoos....but it made her smile when I showed her the flower I got for her. :) That is the only tattoo of mine I think she approves of. lol

I have 2 stars on my right wrist for my kiddos.

My yellow rose of Texas on my left wrist.

My sister's dolphin on my lower back.

And me, my mom, and my sister all got butterfly tattoos together. :) That one is in the middle of my back....up by my neck. :)

I'm getting a few more....and I can't freaking wait. I'm getting a 4 leaf clover (I think) for my Daddy....cause I'm lucky to have him.

And my husband plays the guitar. His favorite song is Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of "Little Wing" so I'm going to get the sheet music to that and have it tattooed....somewhere. ;)

AlidaD
10-16-2010, 02:32 PM
I have only one, which I got just a few months ago on the outside of my right calf. It is a phoenix rising, whose inner wings are made out of lotus petals. Both are powerful symbols for me and it makes me smile every time I look at it.

My daughter is planning one for her 18th birthday in January and has suggested a Mom/Daughter ink session... not sure if I'm ready for a second, though!

Midalah
10-16-2010, 06:12 PM
I eventually want a fairie on my pelvis once I am thin enough. I would also like one along my spine that revolves around a favorite saying from my favorite book series.

Currently I have "Queen" in sanskrit on the back of my neck and an ace of spade with a 7 in it on my ankle.

When I've lost 50-75 pounds (probably 75 cause that'll be my halfway point), my gift to myself is going to be the tattoo I am getting around my wrist. I'll be getting the eye of a peacock feather on the inside of my wrist with the rest of the feather wrapping around like a bracelet.

leopardtuks
10-16-2010, 06:18 PM
I have 2 hummingbirds with a lotus flower in between them that I am very proud of. It represents my daughter. :D

I also have this skull tattoo above my knee. My Mom absolutely hates it but every time I see it, it makes me happy. It reminds me things get better. (i know, skulls = positive feelings? its my thing)

When I lose the weight I want a half sleeve with a moon and a mermaid. But my arm needs to be a bit more toned.

spixiet
10-16-2010, 06:38 PM
I have this tattoo on my back...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v376/127/87/759598497/n759598497_936580_6078.jpg

It's supposed to be two phoenix's (I never liked the idea of the phoenix being a solo-creature) with wings above and tails intertwined below, but it looks more like two love-birds in a nest...not quite me~ When I reach my 4th mini-goal, I'm going to see about getting the bottom altered with full tails added that trail down my spine...it may not be possible though without making it look like a major cover-up job though, so we'll see -

And AlidaD, I'd love to see a photo of your phoenix with lotus petals....

Horo
11-12-2010, 08:11 AM
In January of 2012 I am going to get a wolf in mid-run on my right forearm. He's going to be a happy, benevolent looking wolf and I'm going to commission the design for him from an artist next month. :)

I have ideas for others, but for now I'm really concentrating on my wolf. When I get him in 2012, I'll consider the other designs then.