Old 08-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #1  

Default Pregnant .....

Good Morning All!

I'm new to LA Weightloss. Been on it about 3 weeks now and lost 9.4 lbs of the 30 lbs I want to lose.

However, I just took 4 (yes 4) home pregnancy tests and they all turned out positive.

My question is will I still be able to follow some sort of program or will I not be able to do LA weightloss at all? I don't want to gain a bunch of extra weight from "cravings".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sara223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:45 AM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Sara!!! I do not know the answer to your question, as I always gained a bunch of weight while pregnant..........which is why I am here today......but I am sure someone will have some answers for you
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

My friend is in LA weightloss, and when she got pregnant, they suspended her membership until the babies were 4 months old. So LAWL will make you stop going until you have the baby, but that doesn't mean you can't eat healthy while you're pregnant. Maybe LAWL or your doctor can recommend an eating plan? **Weight Watchers makes you quit, too.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

You know, I think they do that so they can't be sued if something goes wrong. I think some of the girls here just bumped themselves up a plan or two. What plan are you on? Cuz I bet we can tell you what the next higher plans are, and you can bring it t your next appointment to see what your doc has to say. He or she will probably be impressed with the nice variety of foods and give you the go ahead.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #5  

Smile

Thank for your info. I was kinda thinking I might not be able to do it. I was looking through some of my old weight watchers books, and it said pregnant women are prohibited from being on the the program. Although nursing mothers can do it.

Currently I'm on the LA Express plan. Its a 4 week plan. Your supposed to only eat Fish, Poultry, specific fruits, veggies, starches, fats, dairy & condiments.

I have 2.5 proteins, 3 veg, 2 fruit, 3 starch, 2 dairy, 2 fat and 2 LA Lites.

I have no idea what the next plan is supposed to be.

Thanks again for your input!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

I think you should be okay to keep eating most foods with LAWL. I think though- that you should eat fruits & veggies with a higher concentrate of folate, I think you should take your prenatal vitamin, and I think you should switch to full fat cheese, and at least 1 % milk. Mind you I am not a doctor by any means, but as a pregnant woman you do need those extra "good" calories. I think thats where people go wrong- as you said, they eat the cravings which are usually bad calories( ex:icecream&pickles!) I also would say that you should continue to eat the food that LAWL gives you- but not limit yourself on the quantities. If you are still hungry I would eat -but make better choices. Do you understand what I am getting at? I am kinda long winded! Hope this helps at least a little bit
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #7  

Thanks again for all the help. I think that's what my plan is going to be. I'm going to still follow the plan, something more along the lines of a nursing mother. Make sure I make healthy choices etc.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

I've been reading up on mypyramid.gov (mostly the kids section, trying to figure out what my kids are lacking), anyway I stumbled across a section for pregnancy and breastfeeding - you may want to check it out...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #9  

Great! Thanks for the info, I will check it out.