General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #1  
carinna

Question Weird dream last night - what does it mean?

Last night I tossed and turned a lot and when I did finally fall asleep I had the weirdest dream. I was in the woods, and I could hear people talking but I couldn't find anyone. It was so frustrating, I was just roaming around searching. Then I heard my ex boyfriend's voice. He was talking with my current boyfriend and they were acting like they were the best of friends. They were planning a hiking trip somewhere and they said not to tell me because they didn't want me to go.

I woke up very confused. It was so strange. My BF and my ex have never met, but I doubt they'd get along. What on earth do you think this means?
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #2  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Usually when my friends and I talk about interpreting our dreams we agree on one thing: it's really up to the person who had the dream to decipher it.

But we can offer our take on it and see if it resonates .....

To me it sounds like you are feeling left out and alone on some issue. Events are happening around you, but you don't feel a part of them. Or maybe there is something on your mind that you are either not communicating to anyone else, or maybe others don't really "get" it.

Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #3  
Addicted to potato salad!

How long have you been dating your new boyfriend? Did your old boyfriend break up with you or did you break up with him? Possibly this dream is a reflection of some insecurities you have with the new BF as a result of how the last relationship ended? I know my experiences in the dating world used to make me feel like there was a conspiracy amongst men to secretly convene behind my back to find ways to break my heart...and I didn't need dreams to make me feel that way. I'm glad I'm married now.

I've always thought dreams are more of a reflection of what worries us more than anything, though. I had a creepy dream that my daughter's father, who passed away a year and a half ago, came up to me in my old workplace (where I was working when I knew him) with a scarf pulled up over his head, got right up into my face and then pulled the scarf down. I said to him, "Hey! You're dead!" and he said, "Yeah, that's what people think." I'm not saying that he came from the dead to creep my out in my slumber, but it makes sense that I've always wondered, since his death, does he come to visit us or our daughter? Those type of things always fascinated me.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I think it just reflects some insecurities and anxieties in your curent relationship. These could be just normal feelings that will pass (i.e. the feelings we all have early in a relationship before we know it will "take" or not), or maybe they could reflect deeper underlying misgivings you have about the level of commitment from the new BF.

Applecheeks interpretation also seems very spot on to me.

What do you think it means??
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #5  
carinna

I really don't know what to think.

But, man, tech's story just gave me goosebumps!
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, the source of this dream is the kid around the corner playing with his garage band until about 11:30 at night, nice and loud, as if he had no neighbors whatsoever. My daughter's father was in bar bands the whole time I knew him and it was reminding me of going to practice with him.

Earlier in the dream with him, I also dreamt that Geddy Lee (of Rush) died and I auditioned to replace him (I don't play bass or guitar) and got the part. It was then that DD's father came in and flashed his face at me. I always have weird dreams. I'm used to it.

My sister is worse than me. When she was pregnant, she had a dream that she was being chased around her pool by sumo wrestlers and had another dream that our father was sick and dying, but (prepare to grasp this concept) our father was a wire that was in her top dresser drawer. In her dream, we'd all go in our room and visit talk to this wire (our dad) in her top drawer and see how he was doing and if he needed anything and tell him we loved him. So, if you think MY dreams are weird...I've got NOTHIN' on my sister!!

Last edited by techwife; 08-22-2008 at 09:08 AM.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #7  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Do you old and current boyfriend have anything in common in terms of being physically active or outdoorsy? Or anything that they have in common that you don't share, like a hobby or something? Maybe it's a fear you can't relate to them and will thus lose the current boyfriend?
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #8  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

Wow! I had a weird dream about my ex too. I had a dream we were at a rock concert and we were friends after all, despite of our break up. Once it was over we were on a bus/van (dont remember) and this old lady in front was asking him if I was the girl he had been telling her about earlier. I'm assuming his girlfriend. I looked over and I said " Oh no! I don't know what we are now really, I guess we are friends" Then I said, " Actually I have a fiance" Then I showed the lady my ring. After I had done that I turned over to my ex and I said," Oh, Didn't I tell you I'm getting married!!" The look on his face of disappointment and sadness was priceless.

I think part of me wants him to know in real life that I am now happier than I ever was when I was with him. I was the one that broke up with him in the first place he was not a great bf. I know for a fact that he still hasn't found anyone, and want him to be miserable forever. I'm just so mean!! Its been over 7 years now why am I dreaming about my ex!?
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote